Radar

[1.7.x] Space Shuttle release 23.06.2019

Recommended Posts

How are things? Did you succeed in everything ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 5:20 AM, Briso said:

How are things? Did you succeed in everything ?

Haven't had a chance with work and launches.  Will try tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how do you put in the .rar for texture switching? does it go somewhere in the shuttle folder itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 4:30 PM, Briso said:

 

Well here's a new file space shuttle. Since I have not identified any problems maybe your mods affect the mod in any way and create a problem. Temporarily move all mods from the gamedata folder so that there is only the squad folder. After download the file I gave you above. Folder Space Shuttle KSP transfer the 3 folders (Firespitter, SpaceShuttle, KspWheel) in gamedata. Let me know the results and again do the tests without mods.

OK.  Having done this, the issue not with this basic non-RSS/RO file.  These work fine.  All parts populate and work.  They even populate with all my mods installed.  (But I did try with and without the mods. This file works.)

The issue is with the RSS Shuttle file.  As soon as I download that from the files given, the entire Shuttle mod completely disappears.  No parts are available.. with and without mods installed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The docking module from decqs version is different and more detailed any chance we could get that for this mod since it is no longer being developed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2019 at 2:32 AM, Captainamtrak456 said:

well then, I shall wait for the new shuttle update, but I want to ask you, I use a space shuttle from Cormorant Aeronology, and I want to re enter the atmosphere, and I put my pitch to 40 degrees angle of attack, but unfortunately the shuttle looses control, and starts spinning violently, Is there a way I can properly re enter a shuttle and land it?

I had the same issue with CA shuttle and with this Briso's Shuttle.  During re-entry it was helll to fly it. 

So I did a few changes and now it is better. The only problem is now I can not keep 40 degree AoA only 20 degree but at least I am not doing let us try spinning that is a good trick anymore :D

 

Now I have a different issues. During ascent it is quite hard after the roll program right after launch to keep shuttle stable. It is trying to go to the side. And whne I release the SRBs it is trying to put the External tank to bottom and  shuttle on top.   But I can somehow manage it with really hard manual piloting...  Mechjeb is out of question for ascent bcs of the issues...  

Playing stock only no RSS

Edited by Jovzin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 6:02 AM, JojoGames114 said:

how do you put in the .rar for texture switching? does it go somewhere in the shuttle folder itself?

In order to switch the texture you need to install the mod firespitter and place the archive (unpack it) in the Gamedata folder with the replacement.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:32 PM, ChrisG_NSF said:

OK.  Having done this, the issue not with this basic non-RSS/RO file.  These work fine.  All parts populate and work.  They even populate with all my mods installed.  (But I did try with and without the mods. This file works.)

The issue is with the RSS Shuttle file.  As soon as I download that from the files given, the entire Shuttle mod completely disappears.  No parts are available.. with and without mods installed.  

Could you clarify what exactly "breaks" the game ?

On 5/10/2019 at 5:34 AM, GuioVyond said:

it works on 1.7.0

I think Yes there is no time to check.

15 hours ago, spacefreak said:

The docking module when extended turns white and the docking port is no longer visible

15 hours ago, spacefreak said:

The docking module from decqs version is different and more detailed any chance we could get that for this mod since it is no longer being developed.

Yes, this docking module does not work well. I think that soon we will return the old docking module, laboratories, etc.

16 minutes ago, Jovzin said:

I had the same issue with CA shuttle and with this Briso's Shuttle.  During re-entry it was helll to fly it. 

So I did a few changes and now it is better. The only problem is now I can not keep 40 degree AoA only 20 degree but at least I am not doing let us try spinning that is a good trick anymore :D

 

Now I have a different issues. During ascent it is quite hard after the roll program right after launch to keep shuttle stable. It is trying to go to the side. And whne I release the SRBs it is trying to put the External tank to bottom and  shuttle on top.   But I can somehow manage it with really hard manual piloting...  Mechjeb is out of question for ascent bcs of the issues...  

Playing stock only no RSS

Yes, soon I will release new boosters that should fix this problem. It's different. Since Radar is missing, I can't update the main link. Thus, people who come to download this mod will not get a new update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

OK.  Having done this, the issue not with this basic non-RSS/RO file.  These work fine.  All parts populate and work.  They even populate with all my mods installed.  (But I did try with and without the mods. This file works.)

The issue is with the RSS Shuttle file.  As soon as I download that from the files given, the entire Shuttle mod completely disappears.  No parts are available.. with and without mods installed.  

"Could you clarify what exactly "breaks" the game ?"

 

Certainly.   I downloaded the new file you gave me here...  "Well here's a new file space shuttle."

That downloaded just fine without mods.  Added all my mods back, and this download still worked.  I had the parts to build the Shuttle with all its parts and various textures.

But I want to use the Shuttle RSS files as I play with RSS/RO, so I downloaded the RSS Shuttle files you gave me here: "Oh it's my fault. I forgot to give you another file. You just need to move the space shuttle folder to gamedata with the replacement."

Once I move the space shuttle folder in the RSS Shuttle file to gamedata, with the replacement, no Shuttle parts appear in the game.

 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 6:01 PM, ChrisG_NSF said:

 

OK.  Having done this, the issue not with this basic non-RSS/RO file.  These work fine.  All parts populate and work.  They even populate with all my mods installed.  (But I did try with and without the mods. This file works.)

The issue is with the RSS Shuttle file.  As soon as I download that from the files given, the entire Shuttle mod completely disappears.  No parts are available.. with and without mods installed.  

"Could you clarify what exactly "breaks" the game ?"

 

Certainly.   I downloaded the new file you gave me here...  "Well here's a new file space shuttle."

That downloaded just fine without mods.  Added all my mods back, and this download still worked.  I had the parts to build the Shuttle with all its parts and various textures.

But I want to use the Shuttle RSS files as I play with RSS/RO, so I downloaded the RSS Shuttle files you gave me here: "Oh it's my fault. I forgot to give you another file. You just need to move the space shuttle folder to gamedata with the replacement."

Once I move the space shuttle folder in the RSS Shuttle file to gamedata, with the replacement, no Shuttle parts appear in the game.

 
 

Oh apparently I messed something up. This file "Well, here's a new Shuttle file" Already includes RSS configs. That is, you just need to download this file and place it in gamedata. What I gave you then "Oh, it's my fault. I forgot to give you another file . You just need to move the space Shuttle folder to the game data with the replacement."You don't. In General, let's see what happens. Just download "Well, here's the new Shuttle file" or not if you've already installed it and report the results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just been looking in the Configs. Are the fuel cells supposed to be LH2/LOX and it seems that the OMS pods have both Monoprop and Arozine/NTO. I may have installed it wrong. I may just be confused. Also the Engine mount is small for the shuttle.  Again I may have isntalled things badly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 1:12 PM, Briso said:

Oh apparently I messed something up. This file "Well, here's a new Shuttle file" Already includes RSS configs. That is, you just need to download this file and place it in gamedata. What I gave you then "Oh, it's my fault. I forgot to give you another file . You just need to move the space Shuttle folder to the game data with the replacement."You don't. In General, let's see what happens. Just download "Well, here's the new Shuttle file" or not if you've already installed it and report the results.

That worked perfectly!  Everything is working now.  Thank you, Briso!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Uace24 said:

I have just been looking in the Configs. Are the fuel cells supposed to be LH2/LOX and it seems that the OMS pods have both Monoprop and Arozine/NTO. I may have installed it wrong. I may just be confused. Also the Engine mount is small for the shuttle.  Again I may have isntalled things badly 

Yes it is. If you mean RSS, then I cook it but there is a small problem relative to the OMS. Therefore, the work has been suspended. If you mean the standard version of the mod radar said that will be used standard fuels and no more. What do you mean the suspension is small for the engine. Could you please send a screenshot ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 8:33 PM, Briso said:

I come back to you with new news. There are three ways to develop the situation. The first to rewrite configs for SRB which already goes in a set. Second it seems that SRB of fashion RealScaleBoosters very similar to the one that is already in the kit. The difference between them is that the SRB from the mod RealScaleBoosters has a great gimbal that works and another difference is that this SRB has no attachment point to the side separators. But it's easy to fix, so this is the second option. And the third is to use the old version of SRB which you can see in the video I sent earlier. It also works gimbal and it does not need additional settings. What is better for you. In a short time will make the configuration of the RO, but most of all what surprised me the configs Slaintmaith and Trickzie is the fact that the external tank of the space Shuttle fuel raspredeleni not correct. I found a source which says that the tank holds 604.2 t liquid oxygen and 101.6 tonnes of liquid hydrogen and the configuration is wrong. (screenshot below) Maybe this is my mistake and the source is wrong. Contact me and tell me if the source is right.

exscc9q.png

Sorry for absense lately. Been busy irl and stuff.

 

The configs i made were only meant to replace the stock shuttles config, similiar to RSS settings. The configs were compiled from original RSS configs, so they should be correct, but ofcourse i can be wrong in those i have laying around.

For the control of the shuttle, i was still working on making it more stable, as it should be. (twinking engines too, so they use correct rescourses).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 8:35 PM, Trickzie said:

Sorry for absense lately. Been busy irl and stuff.

 

The configs i made were only meant to replace the stock shuttles config, similiar to RSS settings. The configs were compiled from original RSS configs, so they should be correct, but ofcourse i can be wrong in those i have laying around.

For the control of the shuttle, i was still working on making it more stable, as it should be. (twinking engines too, so they use correct rescourses).

Yes, it was my mistake sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I try to load the prebuilt Space Shuttle, most of the parts are invisible. I tried reinstalling multiple times, but the issue persists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, so I decided to return to KSP after a long Hiatus, currently I have NO mods, as I have deleted them all to restart everything, to breathe new light into it. So I'm gonna download this ship again, has the Texture switching option been fixed? Do I need to overwrite the space shuttle mod folder with the texture switching version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sorry for the long absence, for personal reason (Brisco knows) I had to put everything down, so much so that I never even played the game, not even the game updates.

Good news, Brisco has been keeping me up-to-date, the first post has been updated with Brisco's version (see bottom of the 1st page). This includes his modified Side Boosters, along with Texture Replacer that he released earlier. This version does run with 1.8.x

NOTE: With the latest game updates, it would be silly to keep "band-aiding" the current Shuttle mod and adding additional mods to achieve various things ie Texture reflections, texture changes and robotics. Brisco and I have chatted and decided to build a new Space Shuttle, with Canadarm, Launch Pad (base only, no crawler or launch tower), and using in-game functions for the Texture changing, and Robotics.

My models will come from 3Ds Max as I'm most familiar with this, and then into Blender / Unity to apply the latest Kerbal shaders, animation etc. The textures will be of high resolution especially now that x64 bit is the base game.

So far I've already recreated the Canadarm for the new Shuttle so I can use this model to learn the new Shaders for metal finishes, reflections etc, and to learn how the animation / robotics will work. The arm will come complete with the light at the front and cameras as per the real one, it will also have the same movements (max and min) as per the real one for example the movement between the Upper and Lower arms go from -160° to +2° and the Shoulder Pitch is only +145° to -2° unless you change the values in-game.

Once I've figured out the latest in the shaders and robotics, I'll start on the Shuttle and make sure it's as close to the original as possible ie split Elevons on the wing for example.

 

 

Edited by Radar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Radar said:

Sorry for the long absence, for personal reason (Brisco knows) I had to put everything down, so much so that I never even played the game, not even the game updates.

Good news, Brisco has been keeping me up-to-date, the first post has been updated with Brisco's version (see bottom of the 1st page). This includes his modified Side Boosters, along with Texture Replacer that he released earlier. This version does run with 1.8.x

NOTE: With the latest game updates, it would be silly to keep "band-aiding" the current Shuttle mod and adding additional mods to achieve various things ie Texture reflections, texture changes and robotics. Brisco and I have chatted and decided to build a new Space Shuttle, with Canadarm, Launch Pad (base only, no crawler or launch tower), and using in-game functions for the Texture changing, and Robotics.

My models will come from 3Ds Max as I'm most familiar with this, and then into Blender / Unity to apply the latest Kerbal shaders, animation etc. The textures will be of high resolution especially now that x64 bit is the base game.

So far I've already recreated the Canadarm for the new Shuttle so I can use this model to learn the new Shaders for metal finishes, reflections etc, and to learn how the animation / robotics will work. The arm will come complete with the light at the front and cameras as per the real one, it will also have the same movements (max and min) as per the real one for example the movement between the Upper and Lower arms go from -160° to +2° and the Shoulder Pitch is only +145° to -2° unless you change the values in-game.

Once I've figured out the latest in the shaders and robotics, I'll start on the Shuttle and make sure it's as close to the original as possible ie split Elevons on the wing for example.

 

 

Is KSP 1.8.0 released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

Is KSP 1.8.0 released?

Apparently radar was wrong. Maybe he's headed for the future. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Briso said:

Apparently radar was wrong. Maybe he's headed for the future. :D 

Okay..... Everyone makes mistakes. I have always enjoyed this mod!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

Okay..... Everyone makes mistakes. I have always enjoyed this mod!!

The mod was made a long time ago. And Radar and I decided to restore it. In fact what you can download now is a fix for problems with boosters + now I've built in texture switching. Unfortunately, this can be done only until the firespitter. But in the future we will give it up.

Edited by Briso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

Okay..... Everyone makes mistakes. I have always enjoyed this mod!!

woops, was thinking way ahead of myself. Thanks for letting me know, now updated to 1.7.x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Radar said:

woops, was thinking way ahead of myself. Thanks for letting me know, now updated to 1.7.x

No problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.