[x.x.x] Space Shuttle in development

Radar

10 hours ago, Radar said:

@ChrisG_NSF Thanks for the image, now I can clearly see why you are having this issue.

All Mods must be installed under GameData folder, NOT under the GameData > Squad folder which is where yours is..

Move the folders JSI, KSPWheel and SpaceShuttle to the same location as where your Squad folder is and delete that other GameData folder that's under Squad..
Below is the edited image I've done to make it easier to understand.

p.jpeg?size=1600x1200&size_mode=3

Thank you!  That worked.  And I swear I had the files in that exact location when the error messages started appearing.  It's where I had them before, which is what baffled me when the errors started.  But anyway, thank you.  It's working now.

And dare I ask, where should the RSS Shuttle patch download be placed?  Because downloading that and installing it results in no parts appearing.

Edited by ChrisG_NSF
Adding clarity

On 12/13/2018 at 3:35 AM, Radar said:

The SRB's will have improved Gimbal in future release (now waiting on v1.6 in case something else breaks).

As for the shuttle being light or accelerates to quickly, the mod was put together using as much stock as possible (fuel for example). It was compiled to lift into orbit various Space Station parts where I found that some parts the Shuttle was harder to control and or wouldn't enter orbit. So it was either make the Space Station parts zero in weight, or reduce the Shuttle weight.

This package is not intended for realism, RO is available for this and for those who seek something more simulated. It's compiled to offer those with the base game a Kerbalised version of the Shuttle and Space Station (to come) so they could have fun 'replicating' real life missions. 

With the new shaders introduced in 1.5 and 1.6 I'm hoping to fix a couple issues I've found with the Space Station parts, but to also remove the need to use the texture replacer mod that uses reflections for various parts. With the fixes and suggestions to the Shuttle mod the Space Station parts shouldn't be too far away I hope and hopefully those who find it difficult with balance will not find this a problem with the station parts.

So we need to wait till 1.6 or so when you will release some updates ?

Have you tried that ascent and roll program ?   Do you have same issues with Orbiter trying to get on top of the fuel tank when SRBs are separated ? 

And during roll program shuttle wanting to go all direction to left or right ?

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm working on making the white External Tank from the first two STS missions. I was curious if someone would be willing to make the ET texture switchable from orange to white like the orbiter texture can be changed? I would do it myself, but I have zero experience with coding and have no clue how to. Also if you have any suggestions on how to make it look any better let me know!

Pictures:

Spoiler

ZZOTjKs.png

rVTzTG5.png

On 12/28/2018 at 12:23 PM, DylanSemrau said:

I also did a more orange colored tank, I personally think the current one is a bit too red. Y'all want me to share a download link to the white and orange variants? 

It isn't too red, prior to the introduction of the Super Light Weight Tank on STS-91, the ET's were a russet-brown color. The SLWT was much "oranger" than its LWT predecessor.

18767975800_f6bc64d3a4_b.jpg

43 minutes ago, LMRaptor said:

It isn't too red, prior to the introduction of the Super Light Weight Tank on STS-91, the ET's were a russet-brown color. The SLWT was much "oranger" than its LWT predecessor.

18767975800_f6bc64d3a4_b.jpg

Ah okay, thanks for the info. I was aware that the tanks were a more red color on some flights, but I wasn't aware that it was a different tank. I guess when I say "It's too red" I should really be saying that I'm more used to seeing it orange. :) 

Trying for the RSS Shuttle from the files on Page 1 of this thread.  When I download them and place them in the Game Data folder, I'm asked to "replace" the current files with the same name.  This results in all Shuttle parts being deleted from KSP.  So I'm assuming there's a special place the separately downloaded RSS files and parts for Shuttle have to be placed?  Where exactly in the GameData folder should the RSS files be placed?

Thanks.

On 1/4/2019 at 9:35 PM, ChrisG_NSF said:

Trying for the RSS Shuttle from the files on Page 1 of this thread.  When I download them and place them in the Game Data folder, I'm asked to "replace" the current files with the same name.  This results in all Shuttle parts being deleted from KSP.  So I'm assuming there's a special place the separately downloaded RSS files and parts for Shuttle have to be placed?  Where exactly in the GameData folder should the RSS files be placed?

Thanks.

You must merge the files. So it is correct to replace the parts. They will not be deleted, the will be replaced.

1 hour ago, DylanSemrau said:

The dev build of Modular Launch Pads has a shuttle launch tower.

I'm going to sound stupid here but is it possible to help me understand how to install it? I think I'm doing something wrong and the shuttle launch towers not appearing in the parts list

8 minutes ago, skyhawkmlt said:

I'm going to sound stupid here but is it possible to help me understand how to install it? I think I'm doing something wrong and the shuttle launch towers not appearing in the parts list

Then ask in the thread of MLP. But I can say: there is a official build and a dev-build. for the shuttle, I think, you must download the dev-version. Also: there isn`t a one-part-launch-tower. You must build it yourself with the parts.

15 minutes ago, skyhawkmlt said:

(I don’t have my laptop on me so I could be wrong about this but) I believe there is a folder called “alpha dev” when you download the development version. You need to put that folder into your gamedata folder. Make sure you download the development version though, because the current release doesn’t have the shuttle launch tower.

and like @Cheesecake said, if that didn’t help you then take it to the MLP page..

Edited by DylanSemrau

6 hours ago, Irenicus said:

Hello! Tnx for amazing mod!

Can you update RO config to version 1.4.5? because the RO already have this version (1.4.5)  :)

Have you test it with RO 1.4.5? Is anything not working? Otherwise the versions says nothing if it will work or not with the specific ksp-version. It is only a number in version-file. Mostly it can be ignore.

On 12/28/2018 at 4:29 AM, DylanSemrau said:

So I'm working on making the white External Tank from the first two STS missions. I was curious if someone would be willing to make the ET texture switchable from orange to white like the orbiter texture can be changed? I would do it myself, but I have zero experience with coding and have no clue how to. Also if you have any suggestions on how to make it look any better let me know!

Pictures:

Reveal hidden contents

ZZOTjKs.png

rVTzTG5.png

You may not have noticed but I did switch between the textures of the different parts. There is no white tank as there are problems with it.

For those who want to use Texture Switching. Thank you to Brisco for his files.

Here is a link to the download for anyone who wants to use Texture Switching. Attention! It does require a dependency called Firespitter.

The download version is here:

Texture Switching version download

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm using the 1.3 version, but I have a problem. The boosters in the cones of the SRBs don't seem to work for me and the SRBs always crash into the main tank. I don' t have this problem with the 1.4 version of the mod, so it's probably because I messed up when building the shuttle. So if anyone could share his .craft of the shuttle for 1.3 I would be very grateful, since I seem to be too stupid to do it on my own.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.