[x.x.x] Space Shuttle in development

Radar

So your requests were heard and I made you a guide on how to install this wonderful mod for Real Solar system.

First, let's look at how to install via ckan. First you need the program itself. You can install it by clicking on this link.

wOxWYqI.png

Once you have downloaded the file, place it in the Kerbal Space Program\GameData folder.

JjEdCFl.png

After you run the program and in the file tab, select Install from .ckan...

flfdVcN.png

Select the file that I attached the link and download it. (Attention the file is intended only for versions from 1.2.2 to 1.4.5) 

There are 3 versions of RSS-Texture (2048, 4096, 8192)

This is texture resolution. By default, the file I attached comes with the minimum resolution (2048).

After you run the program and in the file tab, select Install from .ckan... Select the file for your version. Next, you will be prompted to install the necessary files for the game RSS/RO. (the minimum set, but if you want to add something to your game, you can do it freely after installing this set)

SGTFb7R.png

Click continue.

Cf1tzjb.png

Next, check whether everything is set. To do this, select filter.

iYBIkEz.png

If you have all the same as in the screenshot everything is correct. 

Personally I don't need mods like AJE, FAR so I will remove them, but if you need them leave them. Attention if you also want to remove these mods or any others just delete them from the gamedata folder.

Next, install the mod Space Shuttle. Because it is not in ckan (hopefully not for long), it will need to be installed manually. Just download it from the link below and put it in the GameData folder.

On 9/18/2018 at 1:25 PM, Radar said:

This thread is created as per the request of DECQ (see here). First things first, I'd like to thank him and those involved for releasing the Space Shuttle System. I know many Shuttles have been released over the years and many people I'm sure, including myself have resorted to making changes to make the Shuttle mod work or to bring it up to the latest version of the game.

None of the models used are mine, all credit goes to those who put this together in the first place. What I did do is make changes to the .cfg files to make it work with the latest version of KSP and to also use as little additional mods as possible for those first timers of the game. I've also been working in much the same way as the Shuttle, with combining parts to build the International Space Station. This will be released in the not to distant future and will complement this Shuttle release nicely.

As it says in the title, this works with KSP 1.4.5. The Zip is complete with the KSPWheel mod (latest version), JSI (latest version) & SSTU (which is included in the SpaceShuttle folder). These are required for various reasons. For the Cockpit to work currently, you will need the ASET mod. Plans are to replace this cockpit used with the Ultimate Shuttle IVA by G'th.

In the ZIP file you will find a folder called SpaceShuttle, it doesn't override the one from Space Shuttle System for those who prefer that version over this version. This version only comes with the Discovery skin (no option to change the skin unless you replace the DDS file) and completely stock fuels, it's in no way meant to be realistic so you can say it's been Kerbalised basically. As I said, I changed the .cfg files to make it easier to 'glide' upon re-entry using as little extra mods as possible for those who just want to keep it simple and enjoy the game. If you plan on using this Shuttle as a plane to take off from the airfield then the nose will stick up due to the extra fuel weight in the rear however I doubt this will be the case if doing a proper launch, orbit and then re-entry.

TAGS are included for all the parts in this release. Type Shuttle to show all parts.

Included in the Zip is the craft file under the save folder for those who just want to add cargo and launch. I've included 2x nodes in the cargo bay to add a winch at either end if using the KAS mod.

Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7hl6p9dc3bfbul/SpaceShuttle.zip?dl=0

Video by KottabosGames.

For those who want to use RSS. Thank you to Trickzie for these config files.

Here is a link to the download for anyone who wants to use RSS.

((There is a small imbalance in MMH+NTO usage in OMS engine - Working on a permanent fix ))

RSS 1.4.1 Version download

Do bare in mind, this patch WILL replace values such as: Fuel > Mass > Tolorance > Fueltypes > Rescaling.

So using it will resault in a bigger shuttle. It would be a good idea to resize your stations or whatever u have in mind, so it will be usable :).

For those who want to use 1.3.1 version. Thank you to Slaintmaith for his files.

Here is a link to the download for anyone who wants to use 1.3.1

The RSS-RO friendly version is here:

RSS-RO Friendly 1.3.1 Version download

For those who want to use Texture Switching. Thank you to Brisco for his files.

Here is a link to the download for anyone who wants to use Texture Switching. Attention! It does require a dependency called Firespitter.

The download version is here:

Texture Switching version download

The next thing we need is to install the configs for the Real Solar System. I attached the RSS config file which created Trickzie. True, I altered it by adding the ability to change textures. I hope you're not offended.:blush: Just add this file to gamedata with a replacement. 

The next thing we need is to install the configs for the Real Solar System. I attached the RSS config file which created Trickzie. True, I altered it by adding the ability to change textures. I hope you're not offended. Just add this file to gamedata with a replacement. When you hover the mouse over an item RO will write that this item does not belong to RO. Do not pay attention to the fact everything turned out. Soon I will make RO configuration which will work for all 100 percent.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbbf78h1ntlcmxh/RSS Space Shuttle.rar?dl=0 

Since RO is not adapted for version 1.5 and 1.6, the base package will have to be installed manually.

CommunityResourcePack

Firespitter

KerbalJointReinforcement (Since the real author does not currently support this mod you will have to use Amateur versions. They work so you don't have to worry. Just browse through the branch and find the version for 1.5-1.6)

Kopernicus

KSPWheel

RealFuels

RealChute (Not obligatory)

RealHeat (Not obligatory)

RealismOverhaul (Currently the final version of the mod is designed for 1.4.5 But it also works on 1.5-1.6 so be bold.)

RealPlume (Currently the final version of the mod is designed for 1.4.5 But it also works on 1.5-1.6 so be bold.)

RealSolarSystem (Currently the final version of the mod is designed for 1.4.X But it also works on 1.5-1.6 so be bold.)

RSS-Textures

SmokeScreen

SolverEngines

ModuleManager

Just put these files in the GameData folder.

This concludes my guide. A little later I will attach craft files for versions starting from version 1.2.2 and ending with 1.6

Edited by Briso

Here are the craft files for the respective versions.

Space Shuttle RSS 1.2.2

Space Shuttle RSS 1.3.1

Space Shuttle RSS 1.4.5

Space Shuttle RSS 1.5

Space Shuttle RSS 1.6

And here are a few more mods that I would recommend to play with RO.

MechJeb

RCS Build Aid Continue

PersistentRotation

KSC Switcher

RemoteTech

Tac Life Support

RSS Time Formatter

Deadly Reentry

Kerbal Attachment System

Hangar Extended

DMagic Orbital Science

Real Scale Boosters

WasdEditorCamera

ShipEffectsContinued

JanitorsCloset

Engine Lighting

Well, with a full list of mods supported by RO, you can read the topic RO.

On 1/28/2017 at 4:38 PM, Theysen said:

Realism Overhaul

If you want to discuss Realism Overhaul or how to use Realism Overhaul check out this thread here.

Realism Overhaul is a mod that makes Kerbal Space Program behave more like real life. If you're interested in seeing what it's like to fly rockets in the real world, this is the mod for you! Realism Overhaul does this by combining and configuring other mods, and mod and stock parts to perform as their real-life equivalents. You can expect things to be a little harder, and rockets to be a bit bigger, but the scenes far more epic, and the accomplishment that much greater.

Some of the most signfiicant changes include:

• Engines have real sizes and performance values, and use real fuels. Most of them have limited ignitions and suffer from ullage.
  • Pods are as large as their real-life counterparts and weigh what they should.
  • Propellant tanks have correct dry mass ratios.
  • Solar panels don't produce massive amounts of energy, but they are lighter. Similarly reaction wheels aren't magically powerful anymore (though they still don't require momentum dumping).

Contributors to Realism Overhaul:

A1Ch1, Raidernick, james3838, camlost, JandCandO, Sarbian, marcelocoelhorodrigues, NathanKell, hattivat, batuhan, Ravenchant, bax-, advice-dawgg, jean400, RedAV8R, jedi95, MedievalNerd, regex, Felger, Temeter, Replica17, veskenapper, ferram4, leudaimon, BevolJ, RezzyD, Agathorn, TheKosmonaut, TheVoid2, Theysen, Phredward, ChrisPBacon, Kibbick, Niemand303, AlimOncul, AjentK, pjf, rocketscience, John-Long-Silver, doktorjet, Ippo343, Dragon01, Probus, BryceSchroeder, Bsd0, asmi, Starman4308, stratochief66, StupidChris, OvidHamburg, awang, winged, rsparkyc, PhineasFreak, Zarbizaure, JoseEduardo, ctiberious, SirKeplan, Schnobs, pap1723, ec429, assassinacc, AntiClockwisePropeller, AlphaMike741, olympic1

Album credits: @winged, @Chris P. Bacon, @raidernick, @Zarbizaure, @NathanKell

Getting Started

The Realism Overhaul Wiki contains gameplay guides to help you get off the ground:

If you'd like to talk to us, contribute, or ask for help on a bug, you can always find someone online on the RealismOverhaul IRC Channel (irc.esper.net #RO (Webchat, or use a client like HexChat) or our community discord here: https://discord.gg/WnKNJ8n

If you're experiencing a bug, please post an output_log.txt (This can be found in your /KerbalSpaceProgam/KSP_Data/ folder)

Mod Choices

When installing Realism Overhaul, you've got a plethora of mod choices to further customize your gameplay. This section lists mods that are supported and/or recommended.

Dependencies

These mods are required for Realism Overhaul to function correctly. CKAN will automatically install all of these mods for you when you install Realism Overhaul.

Recommendations

These mods are recommended, and installed by default in CKAN. They are not required, and you can install all or none of them to your own liking.

(Green Mods are highly recommended, orange ones add to realism, but also make the game more difficult)

Suggestions

These mods are supported part packs that make it easier to build rockets. We suggest installing at least a few of these.

New Mechanics:

New Parts:

(Mods followed by a * are not currently installable via CKAN, those colored blue add engines)

P

Installation

To install Realism Overhaul you can either use CKAN, or do things manually. IF YOU HAPPEN TO INSTALL IT MANUALLY - USE ONLY THE MODULARFLIGHTINTEGRATOR VERSION SUPPLIED BY KOPERNICUS.

Pre-Packaged installation via CKAN

CKAN is an excellent tool for installing mods in an orderly fashion. We have prepared a set of installation packages for the mods in Realism Overhaul. Here follow instructions for how to install via CKAN (alternatively check out the CKAN User's Guide):

1. Start out by creating a clean installation of KSP. (If you don't, beware the dragons!)
  2. Next, visit the forum thread here and download the latest release here.
  3. Place ckan.exe in your KSP installation directory.

CKAN offers you two modes of use. You can use the graphical user interface, as explained below, or you can use its command line interface. If you wish to do the latter, check out the CKAN user's guide for more information on the command line interfrace.

1. Launch the CKAN GUI by double-clicking the ckan.exe in your KSP directory
  2. Use the Filter to find Realism Overhaul
  3. Select Realism Overhaul to install
  4. Click Go To Changes
  5. Proceed through the menus to select your installation.
  6. Watch CKAN install Realism Overhaul and all the other mods for you
  7. Launch KSP. Enjoy!

Alternative: Manual Installation

If you don't like automation, there's always the old 'by hand' way:

1. Start with a fresh, unadulterated, install of KSP.
  2. Download and install the required mods. Ensure you have the most up to date version and have followed their respective installation instructions.
  3. Download and install Realism Overhaul itself. To do so, download the zip archive and unzip all folders inside its GameData folder into your KSP/GameData folder.
  4. Launch KSP. Enjoy!

IMPORTANT - DELETE YOUR OLD REALISM OVERHAUL FOLDER

Realism Overhaul Github Release Page (DOWNLOAD HERE) - latest 1.3.1 release version)

Source

Changelog. Changelogs going further back can be found in the old Realism Overhaul thread, an even older Realism Overhaul thread, and the RedAV8R Realism Patch thread.

Official Realism Overhaul Craft Repository

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WIP (PATCHES WELCOME!)

Please see this Google Spreadsheet for the Current WIP or desired mod packs. Help updating and creating configs is always welcome! Just jump on the IRC channel (details above) and offer your help! If you fix something in one of these packs, please submit it to the Github Repo instructions here.]

Career Mode

Realistic Progression Zero incorporates career mode into Realism Overhaul. Note that at this time not all modpacks are supported, see the the RP-0 post for more details.

Visual Enhancements

RSS Visual Enhancements by pingopete improves the visual appearance of planets and clouds, and it's looking excellent so far!

Other Things to help make RO/RSS more enjoyable:

Calc.xls by NathanKell

This mod was created by NathanKell and RedAV8R. Currently maintained by NathanKell, stratochief66 and SirKeplan. (Contributions by many others. If you were missed in the contributors list at the top of the post, PM Theysen and he'll add you).

License CC BY-SA

31 minutes ago, Jovzin said:

Crap why only that ......  RSS still.  Some love for Stock KSP version pls ? 

Oh you want a guide for the stock version ? I'm sorry. I forgot that you hate RSS.:blush:

And a few more ideas and solutions. Since I was ignored about::(

On 4/3/2019 at 1:22 PM, Briso said:

Generally due to the fact that I'm a bit free I decided to make a poll at the expense of the boosters for the Shuttle. I give you two options.

The first is related to the return of old accelerators (they work).

npPkY5V.png

The second just reconfigure the ones that are included to have worked gimbal.

Simply if want the first option write 1 in response to this message, if the second option the write 2.

I decided it would be better to use the old boosters that were from the beginning. In addition, there is an idea to add a mod on SpaceDock, CurseForge, GitHub. There is also an idea to get a license for the product and add AVC support. (In short, this module will notify you when you start KSP whether there is a new version of this mod or not and will offer you an update)

I think we will coordinate this with the Radar soon and I will report on that status.

Edited by Briso

@Briso when you say "Next, install the mod Space Shuttle. Because it is not in ckan (hopefully not for long), it will need to be installed manually. Just download it from the link below and put it in the GameData folder." 

there are 3 links on the attachment you sent, a dropbox one, a 1.4.1 and a 1.3.1, which one should we download?

16 minutes ago, DanielBR401 said:

@Briso when you say "Next, install the mod Space Shuttle. Because it is not in ckan (hopefully not for long), it will need to be installed manually. Just download it from the link below and put it in the GameData folder." 

there are 3 links on the attachment you sent, a dropbox one, a 1.4.1 and a 1.3.1, which one should we download?

mH78cEBg.png

On 4/3/2019 at 3:22 AM, Briso said:

Simply if want the first option write 1 in response to this message, if the second option the write 2.

1. I actually neglected to mention in my earlier posts that I retrofitted the old SRBs to the current shuttle build. I've actually learned how to successfully launch with the new boosters, however I much prefer the look of the older ones.

Something I think that's a critical deficiency with the mod is EVA-ability. The aft hatch on the crew section is unusuable, it gives a "hatch obstructed"  failure when activated. The spacelab tunnel airlock section can open, but has no crew capacity and isn't set up in a usable configuration. The Orbiter Docking System also lacks crew capacity and overall ability to be useful in an EVA.

7 hours ago, LMRaptor said:

1. I actually neglected to mention in my earlier posts that I retrofitted the old SRBs to the current shuttle build. I've actually learned how to successfully launch with the new boosters, however I much prefer the look of the older ones.

Something I think that's a critical deficiency with the mod is EVA-ability. The aft hatch on the crew section is unusuable, it gives a "hatch obstructed"  failure when activated. The spacelab tunnel airlock section can open, but has no crew capacity and isn't set up in a usable configuration. The Orbiter Docking System also lacks crew capacity and overall ability to be useful in an EVA.

Your feedback is accepted as soon as I finish working with RO. We'll take care of the problem.:confused:

By the way some news. My configurations are pretty good. Yesterday I tested the engines with a new tank. And their total workload was 8 minutes and 49 seconds like a real Shuttle.

I am now quite overwhelmed and would like you to help me I have not found information about how much OMS weighs under. What with the engine I found all the information for it and it works, but I care about the weight of this RCS unit (without the engine) If you find anything notify me.

20 hours ago, Captainamtrak456 said:

Hey guys, I'm a new forum user, and I want to know if I can replicate the Space Shuttle Columbia. How can I change the name, and replicate some of the parts Columbia has to differ from the other shuttles? Replies are greatly appreciated!

Should you want to your Shuttle possessed the texture of the space Shuttle Columbia ?

If so, all you need is to install the mod by downloading it from this link. And set a special addition to the possibility of changing the texture. Just replace with replacement files. Oh and Yes the requirement is the dependence of the firespitter.

Oh and Yes, every new user is obliged to get a like for their status )

Edited by Briso

4 hours ago, Briso said:

Should you want to your Shuttle possessed the texture of the space Shuttle Columbia ?

If so, all you need is to install the mod by downloading it from this link. And set a special addition to the possibility of changing the texture. Just replace with replacement files. Oh and Yes the requirement is the dependence of the firespitter.

Oh and Yes, every new user is obliged to get a like for their status )

HELP! I tried to fix the shuttle, but the crew compartment went black! I cant see any paint! Heres what I did, I downloaded the GameData you posted, I took the Parts and Texture Files, but it asked me if I wanted to replace files with the same names, for some stuff, I accepted, and next thing I see, I screwed up the shuttle!

16 hours ago, Captainamtrak456 said:

HELP! I tried to fix the shuttle, but the crew compartment went black! I cant see any paint! Heres what I did, I downloaded the GameData you posted, I took the Parts and Texture Files, but it asked me if I wanted to replace files with the same names, for some stuff, I accepted, and next thing I see, I screwed up the shuttle!

First remove folder space shuttle and firespitter from gamedata. After once again install space shuttle on this link and put it in gamedata. Let me know the results. And Yes if you have any mods installed besides space shuttle I advise you to remove them for the duration of the tests.

Edited by Briso

Unfortunately. I have tried everything, like replacing files, and all other kinds of stuff, it just wont work. I even tried to take my other mods out, nothing worked. The textures wont work, nothing will show up. Mind showing a detailed explanation on how it works, and all the steps I must do in order to properly and carefully place in the textures? I tried everything.

PLEASE NOTE: I dont use CKAN, as I dont know how to properly use it, so I do manual files.

10 hours ago, Captainamtrak456 said:

Unfortunately. I have tried everything, like replacing files, and all other kinds of stuff, it just wont work. I even tried to take my other mods out, nothing worked. The textures wont work, nothing will show up. Mind showing a detailed explanation on how it works, and all the steps I must do in order to properly and carefully place in the textures? I tried everything.

PLEASE NOTE: I dont use CKAN, as I dont know how to properly use it, so I do manual files.

Good. First remove everything from the gamedata folder even all of the squad.

If you have steam version you need to right-click on the game in the steam client and click properties.

There, in the local data tab, locate the file integrity check button.

Press it. At the end of the process, download the file from the link, but move only SpaceShuttle and kspwheel to gamedata.

Install module manager separately.

Start the game and check whether everything turned out.

If possible, take screenshots at each stage described above to make me understand that you are doing everything correctly.

Also, if you do not have a steam version of the game then you do not need to take the first step. Just completely uninstall the game (don't forget to backup your saves) and reinstall from the official site.

16 hours ago, CocoaGames said:

Im having an issue with the craft file. When ever i spawn it  most parts turn invisible. Anybody got any solutions?

Send me a screenshot

6 hours ago, Briso said:

Good. First remove everything from the gamedata folder even all of the squad.

If you have steam version you need to right-click on the game in the steam client and click properties.

There, in the local data tab, locate the file integrity check button.

Press it. At the end of the process, download the file from the link, but move only SpaceShuttle and kspwheel to gamedata.

Install module manager separately.

Start the game and check whether everything turned out.

If possible, take screenshots at each stage described above to make me understand that you are doing everything correctly.

Also, if you do not have a steam version of the game then you do not need to take the first step. Just completely uninstall the game (don't forget to backup your saves) and reinstall from the official site.

Send me a screenshot

how do i send a screenshot

15 hours ago, Captainamtrak456 said:

The last thing I need to do is what you mentioned, replacing the DDS File, for the textures. Is there a way i can try that?

On 4/11/2019 at 12:35 AM, Captainamtrak456 said:

heres the problem thats left, you cant change any names or textures on the shuttle, how can I fix it? SpaceShuttle from the link and kspwheel as well. I have included FireSpitter as well. ?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette  

Sorry for not answering your questions. Unfortunately I have a lot to do now. I will try to go on forum. 

As I said for the switching operation you need a config that I did. If you are using RSS you need this link. If not then here is the link. You just need to add files with replacement. In this archive includes the folder where the textures are called textures. And so same mostly are replaced by .cfg files for parts because I needed to add code that allows me to switch parts. Only the code I did not change anything, I just added my piece. Let me know the results.

On 4/10/2019 at 7:00 PM, CocoaGames said:

how do i send a screenshot

You can use gyazo

Did I do something wrong? It says next paint and previous texture, but it wont change!

First thing I did: I opened the space shuttle file, and copied all the textures INSIDE of it

Second: I opened the space shuttle mod folder, and went into the parts file

Third: I pasted all the textures into the parts file

Fourth: I tried to select the next paint, it stays as Discovery

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.