[x.x.x] Space Shuttle in development

Radar

Hey, been doing some further investigation, and looks like the shuttle might have a bounding box problem.  the bounding box appears to go so far back behind the shuttle that it is not even relavent space...

also, the Orbiter Docking System does not seem to want to operate as it should.  always fails to actually dock

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Sampa said:

Dylan is working on updating the mod to 1.9.1 right now

I wouldn’t say right now hehe but last time I checked it works in 1.9, especially since there isn’t really any difference for parts between 1.8 and 1.9

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, FalconHeavy2019 said:

I ahve edited the CFG files for the mod for Stock game hopefully it will work if it does i will send the creator of this mod the config or i will just post it myself on the form

I would, after testing it throroughly, send it to dylan, so that it can be added to the mod itself.  DylanSemrau is the current owner and manager of the mod (he just does not have a dedicated thread yet.

1 hour ago, Sampa said:

I would, after testing it throroughly, send it to dylan, so that it can be added to the mod itself.  DylanSemrau is the current owner and manager of the mod (he just does not have a dedicated thread yet.

My Configs Still have a few Bugs regarding how much fuel they take up so and i want to scale it down so it can use habtech2 to build the international space station

42 minutes ago, FalconHeavy2019 said:

My Configs Still have a few Bugs regarding how much fuel they take up so and i want to scale it down so it can use habtech2 to build the international space station

Cool!  I actually am working on getting the ISS Community mod working at present, and have plans to add parts to it that should have been in it originally.

33 minutes ago, Sampa said:

Cool!  I actually am working on getting the ISS Community mod working at present, and have plans to add parts to it that should have been in it originally.

I have sort have made the iss commuity pack work but bags are still present like S0 truss clipping in the S1 and P1 and the P6 and S6 not showing up in the game so there is some bugs and i am still at school so thime is not really a thing but it has started the term so i will have lots of time to work on the mod

Well, technically, the P6 truss isn't even one of the parts provided, but, let me DM you the link to the thread, because i have expressed my long term plans for the mod.

And we can discuss it more there, to keep the present thread on track.

• 2 weeks later...

@DylanSemrau Hi, I've been using you mod for the past few days but I've encountered a glitch that I haven't been able to fix, and tbh I don't know if the mod is responsible since the glitch is present in stock as well.

Despite the fact that I can fly the shuttle off the pad and into a stable orbit the game acts like its still connected to the pad, and doesn't display a trajectory line or allow me to save or timewarp, and the screen has the shaky-moving over terrain effect. 

I do have all the dependencies installed, reinstalled the mod itself, rolledback/relaunched with KCT, built a new orbiter + stack with diff textures, switched out launch clamps (from FASA), and loaded backup saves from before the launch and played from there, but so far nothing has worked, even though I flew several shuttles in the exact same configuration on a different test save without this problem. I also read back a bit and saw the bounding box issue so I lifted the shuttle as far off the pad as the VAB let me, but that still had no affect. 

Any help would be appreciated.

2CjOuwD.png

6 hours ago, Kav said:

@DylanSemrau Hi, I've been using you mod for the past few days but I've encountered a glitch that I haven't been able to fix, and tbh I don't know if the mod is responsible since the glitch is present in stock as well.

Despite the fact that I can fly the shuttle off the pad and into a stable orbit the game acts like its still connected to the pad, and doesn't display a trajectory line or allow me to save or timewarp, and the screen has the shaky-moving over terrain effect. 

I do have all the dependencies installed, reinstalled the mod itself, rolledback/relaunched with KCT, built a new orbiter + stack with diff textures, switched out launch clamps (from FASA), and loaded backup saves from before the launch and played from there, but so far nothing has worked, even though I flew several shuttles in the exact same configuration on a different test save without this problem. I also read back a bit and saw the bounding box issue so I lifted the shuttle as far off the pad as the VAB let me, but that still had no affect. 

Any help would be appreciated.

I've never encountered that before, does this only happen with the shuttle or are other mods affected? Does it happen if you only use one of the parts from this mod on another LV too?

Alright, so I did a load of testing and I've figured out that the bug isnt part of the mod itself, but there is a conflict with the shuttle landing gear and how KCT does recovery. 

As long as the gear aren't deployed and don't make contact with the surface the craft can be transferred between editors, launched, recovered, whatever with KCT and reused that way. However once the gear do touch the ground and the shuttle is recovered with KCT things go wacky and the game thinks the craft is eternally connected to the ground, making reuse through KCT impossible.

I haven't tried this with other spaceplanes or gear, but at least I haven't heard of anyone having this problem before so idk.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/23/2020 at 3:59 AM, Star Man said:

When i download the mod I don't see the cockpit and the back end of the space shuttle does anyone know how to fix this problem? (stupid me i just realized what happened)

Hi, I have the same problem, how did you fix it?

@Star Man

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.