The Gemini Replica Thread

The Gemini Replica Thread

Here is a place to put all your Gemini replicas, as well as unused propoals (i.e. Big Gemini)

An excerpt from the Wikipedia page about project Gemini:

Project Gemini was NASA's second human spaceflight program. Conducted between projects Mercury and Apollo, Gemini started in 1961 and concluded in 1966. The Gemini spacecraft carried a two-astronaut crew. Ten Gemini crews flew low Earth orbit (LEO) missions during 1965 and 1966, putting the United States in the lead during the Cold War Space Race against the Soviet Union. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Gemini

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my list of Gemini recreations!:P (All stock)

This is one is one of my first. Not exactly first, but, it is the first time I used the Communitron 88-88 as a sort of "Multi Layer Inlusation Foil".

EswAgxd.png

This is one is orbiting the Mun, as part of a contract to get science data from around the Mun.

IfvVCmn.png

Onto advanced Gemini, we see here a Centaur upper satage docked with Gemini. As Kerbin is a little bit small, this craft would be overkill for a Mun orbit and landing. Instead I sent it to Duna, and land there instead. (Note that I did put an SPS engine in the back)

QcOuCsY.png

Since KSP models planets a lot smaller than in real life (what is that?), the Titan II that I recreated had enough Delta V to send a Gemini capule, adapter tank and engine to the Mun. So technically it actually is a Gemini Direct Ascent craft .:D

R8WB50S.png

And the Titan II craft which delivers most of my Gemini craft into low orbit. I remember there was a thread about the Titan rocket family, but forgot where it went. I should post the link at the bottom when I find the thread.

Dwge5HY.png

And Finaly, the last image, showing a Gemini rescuing a stricken Lunar Ascent Stage being rescued by a Gemini Space Craft:cool:

6A2gV4b.png

(No Anti-Aliasing, so all pictures look like MS-DOS games)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.