Recommended Posts

This mod is an add-on for Nereid's mod "Final Frontier" and will not work without it: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/61065-142-final-frontier-kerbal-individual-merits-142-3375/

 

bXiFP5y.png

Download version 1.7 herehttps://spacedock.info/mod/1970/Historical Awards

So what is Historical Awards?

Historical Awards, as the name implies, adds various medals and awards from different points in history. There are currently 55 total ribbons, and I do take suggestions. To give a kerbal an award, simply use the Final Frontier UI (these ribbons cannot be earned normally)

Currently Done:

  • Hero of the Soviet Union and Hero of the Russian Federation (Ribbons for 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 awards)
  • Iron Cross (EKII 1914, EKI 1914, EKII 1939, and EKI 1939)
  • Purple Heart
  • Medal of Honor
  • Air Force Distinguished Service Medal
  • Distinguished Service Medal
  • Silver Star Medal
  • Silver Star Medal with Bronze Oak-Leaf Cluster
  • Legion of Merit
  • Legion of Merit with Bronze Oak-Leaf Cluster
  • Distinguished Flying Cross
  • Distinguished Flying Cross with Two Bronze Oak-Leaf Clusters
  • Everything earned by WWII ace/test pilot Chuck Yeager (first person to break the sound barrier): Air Force Distinguished Service Medal, Distinguished Service Medal, Silver Star with bronze oak leaf cluster, Legion of Merit with bronze oak leaf cluster, Distinguished Flying Cross with two bronze oak leaf clusters, Bronze Star Medal with bronze valor device, Air Medal with two silver oak leaf clusters, Air Force Commendation Medal, Presidential Medal of Freedom, Presidential Unit Citation with bronze oak leaf cluster, Air Force Outstanding Unit Award, American Defense Service Medal, American Campaign Medal, European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with silver and three bronze service stars, World War II Victory Medal, Army of Occupation Medal, National Defense Service Medal with star, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Vietnam Service Medal with two campaign stars, Air Force Longevity Service Ribbon with one silver and one bronze oak leaf clusters, Air Force Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon, Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal (For anyone wanting to use this mod alongside the "Create Kerbal" cheat to make a kerbalized Chuck Yeager to fly their Bell X-1 replicas/look-alikes)

To Do:

  • NASA Space Flight Medal
  • NASA Exceptional Public Service Medal
  • NASA Exceptional Bravery Medal
  • NASA Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal, NASA Exceptional Engineering Achievement Medal, NASA Exceptional Technology Achievement Medal, NASA Exceptional Administrative Achievement Medal, NASA Equal Employment Opportunity Medal
  • NASA Exceptional Achievement Medal, NASA Exceptional Service Medal,  NASA Outstanding Service Medal (Obsolete/No-longer Awarded, will still make it)
  • NASA Outstanding Leadership Medal
  • NASA Distinguished Service Medal, NASA Distinguished Public Service Medal
  • Congressional Space Medal of Honor
  • Grand Cross of the Iron Cross and Knights Cross of the Iron Cross (and variants)
  • Bundeswehr Cross of Honor for Valor

Images:

Hero of the Soviet Union (1-5) Rng4Rfr.png kpcXAFd.png 45mIFpV.png 01zFawT.png O6sHKfP.png

Hero of the Russian Federation (1-5) 5z8Gmwb.png qy0YX55.png uiGyA1P.png QUdmw7d.png p6LRS3N.png

Iron Cross (EKII 1914, EKI 1914, EKII 1939, EKI 1939) 5D9Dqco.png 7dl0Bnk.png oN5k0ZW.png VwiKCMQ.png

Purple Heart UBANVHY.png

Medal of Honor 4E5mc3Y.png

US Air Force Distinguished Service Medal MDh45XP.png

Distinguished Service Medal VOd7uwK.png

Silver Star Medal tNN3ZmX.png

Silver Star Medal with bronze Oak-Leaf Cluster VBLV9D9.png

Legion of Merit hR5xqWF.png

Legion of Merit with bronze Oak-Leaf Cluster O4nQcT3.png

Distinguished Flying Cross mrXRV3w.png

Distinguished Flying Cross with Two Bronze Oak-Leaf Clusters ZW6h8M9.png

Bronze Star Medal aENecNq.png

Bronze Star Medal with Bronze Valor Device oNj4K7W.png

Air Medal KpdT08V.png

Air Medal with Two Silver Oak-Leaf Clusters 4DswhDS.png

Joint Service Commendation Medal 8RVR7uc.png

US Air Force Commendation Medal Gf05m3O.png

US Army Commendation Medal 9VzYDmV.png

US Navy/USMC Commendation Medal dS3rZFC.png

US Coast Guard Commendation Medal hpbJlH6.png

Presidential Medal of Freedom Dj7dsoM.png

Presidential Unit Citation (Army, Air Force, Navy/Marines, Coast Guard) egKVjNR.png WxM5wIy.png La5rKc4.png sF07mFI.png

Presidential Unit Citation (Air Force) with Bronze Oak-Leaf Cluster iBCHnGz.png

US Air Force Outstanding Unit Award zZmNgRq.png

American Defense Service Medal 7gzvSN0.png

American Campaign Medal 8J2ZWCq.png

European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal 6rnBgPL.png

European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with one Silver Service Star and three Bronze Service Stars 4l9RcWU.png

WWII Victory Medal 4rkZbD3.png

Army of Occupation Medal 8WhJA1J.png

National Defense Service Medal 5Ducrl4.png

National Defense Service Medal with Bronze Service Star MPh1xMc.png

Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal vaOKWnh.png

Vietnam Service Medal ta6cbxY.png

Vietnam Service Medal with two Bronze Service Stars Zt7WiPm.png

US Air Force Longevity Service Award arM8NRO.png

US Air Force Longevity Service Award with one Silver Oak-Leaf Cluster and one Bronze Oak-Leaf Cluster 3DVsfdU.png

Air Force Small-Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon UaRpdmV.png

Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal (1960) if5QghQ.png

 

Base ID is 9000 for whoever it may concern

Edited by STT1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Nice! Welcome to the club of Final Frontier add-on makers.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2018 at 1:26 PM, COL.R.Neville said:

windows seems to spit up on the usncm extracting it from the zip. looks like the usmc version is copied over. 

if I understand what you're saying, then theres no problem. The USN and the USMC use the same ribbon for a few of their medals, and in this case, the USNCM (Unite States Navy Commendation Medal) is the same as the USMCCM (United States Marine Corps Commendation Medal)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah i dont know. didnt know if one was missing but might want to try to rezip it so you dont get a bunch of goobs like me thinking somethings wrong hehe. 

when i looked earlier there were a bunch of ribbons missing from the space center scene list in FF. I cant remember if they were any of yours though i'll double check and let you know. 

oh and do these need to be png or dds?

Edited by COL.R.Neville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Good looking mod but I am going to be extremely picky about one detail.  It is your mod and you may do as you wish since this is for the "Kerbal" world but the Bronze Star Yeager earned was not for an aerial flight event.  The Air Medal is the equivalent of the Bronze Star in achievement criteria and restricted to aerial flight while the Bronze Star is specifically excluded from being for aerial flight.  Yeager's award was for actions during escaping to Spain while shot down.

   Again, it is your mod.  It is a common error that many games may when it comes to the Bronze Star and I always point it out.  Maybe the fact I have three of the included awards is an influence or not, but it is why I am detailed about their historical award criteria.

   Good luck with the mod either way and hopefully you can find more to expand with.  (Orders of the Black or Red Eagles? order of the Sacred Treasure?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jpkerman said:

  Good looking mod but I am going to be extremely picky about one detail.  It is your mod and you may do as you wish since this is for the "Kerbal" world but the Bronze Star Yeager earned was not for an aerial flight event.  The Air Medal is the equivalent of the Bronze Star in achievement criteria and restricted to aerial flight while the Bronze Star is specifically excluded from being for aerial flight.  Yeager's award was for actions during escaping to Spain while shot down.

   Again, it is your mod.  It is a common error that many games may when it comes to the Bronze Star and I always point it out.  Maybe the fact I have three of the included awards is an influence or not, but it is why I am detailed about their historical award criteria.

   Good luck with the mod either way and hopefully you can find more to expand with.  (Orders of the Black or Red Eagles? order of the Sacred Treasure?)

I have included all of Yeager's awards so that my kerbal would be fully decorated. While I was not aware that the Bronze Star was strictly non flight-based (but it does make sense), it was included for other reasons than something that could be accomplished in KSP (there is a similar situation for some other medals in this mod). I also usually play using military-based mods, and I feel that this mod adds to them well. I will look at the other awards you mentioned and I might add them in, thanks for the suggestion. Also, you say you have three of the included awards?

3 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

yeah i dont know. didnt know if one was missing but might want to try to rezip it so you dont get a bunch of goobs like me thinking somethings wrong hehe. 

when i looked earlier there were a bunch of ribbons missing from the space center scene list in FF. I cant remember if they were any of yours though i'll double check and let you know. 

oh and do these need to be png or dds?

I use png images. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the second thing though. There is, however, a slight bug where a couple of the ribbon's images are missing. I simply wrote the wrong file name in the config, and it should be fixed in the next update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah they only work with png's thats why mine stopped showing up i had converted everything over to dds.

the usmc:usncm was the one with problems extracting it. I see the image im my directory but its the only one not showing up. and it looks like the spelling matches between the file and cfg. 

i fixed the 2 misspelled air force ones in the cfg file. 

so missing 3 fixed 2 the one outstanding is the one throwing errors on unzipping the file. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, STT1 said:

 Also, you say you have three of the included awards?

  Yes, as the singer Billy Joel wrote "...When I wore a younger man's clothes..." I was in the service for a while.  Of the mod set I am a recipient of the Army Commendation,  Army of Occupation and Armed Forces Expeditionary Medals.

Edited by jpkerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jpkerman said:

  Yes, as the singer Billy Joel wrote "...When I wore a younger man's clothes..." I was in the service for a while.  Of the mod set I am a recipient of the Army Commendation,  Army of Occupation and Armed Forces Expeditionary Medals.

Well, I thank you for your service. What branch?

20 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

yeah they only work with png's thats why mine stopped showing up i had converted everything over to dds.

the usmc:usncm was the one with problems extracting it. I see the image im my directory but its the only one not showing up. and it looks like the spelling matches between the file and cfg. 

i fixed the 2 misspelled air force ones in the cfg file. 

so missing 3 fixed 2 the one outstanding is the one throwing errors on unzipping the file. 

ok, I'll take a look. Whatever it is, I hope to fix it in the next update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, STT1 said:

Well, I thank you for your service. What branch?

U.S. Army, Infantry.  Thank you, It was an honor to have served.    Not to throw off the mod but if the display field for the ribbons  in the GUI was turned 90 degrees medals instead of ribbons might be possible.  Currently the ribbons are 120W x 32H.   A 60W x 100H might give enough visual definition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 3:03 PM, jpkerman said:

U.S. Army, Infantry.  Thank you, It was an honor to have served.    Not to throw off the mod but if the display field for the ribbons  in the GUI was turned 90 degrees medals instead of ribbons might be possible.  Currently the ribbons are 120W x 32H.   A 60W x 100H might give enough visual definition.

 I certainly like the idea, but that's unfortunately not something I can change, since this is only an add-on for Final Frontier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.