BerthNerd

#autoLOC and freeze in loading screen

Question

After running a modded KSP install for a while, I decided to reinstall everything. I completely deleted the installation folder and also uninstalled it from steam to do a clean fresh install to start modding again.

However, I can't even get the base game running anymore. I'm trying to run v1.3.1, but other versions don't work either.

What I am getting is, that in the loading screen, I don't get the loading screen hints, but instead a #autoLOC with some number behind it. The game is then stuck in loading screen and doesn't get to the menu.

Revalidating the files through steam just lead to 400 files being redownloaded, but the same issue persists.

output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nosx86mvzxkhxd4/output_log.txt?dl=0

I don't really have any experience in reading those, so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, cheesecake. Ill plant a Flag somewhere in your honors.

Ill check back if it works.

Posted (edited)

Apparently the Localization-file is still being deleted. I sequentially made three exceptions: The KSP directory, the Localization-directory and finally the .cfg itself.

I doublechecked if i did the exclusions right and tried launching the game through steam or just with a restart of the machine, as the Localization-file seems to be deleted upon starting the game through steam and when Windows finishes startup (...or when shutting down, for all I know)

I think thats wild. i specifically excluded a file not to be tampered with, but Windows deletes it anyway?

Edit: Interesting. I didnt really think about it yet, but just now I realized the Career games I deleted twice now keep reappearing whenever I verify KSPs local files. This is probably steams doing?
Normally I wouls expect Steam to understand I want these saves gone - maybe this has something to say?

The Career I actively play it saves flights and all correctly, though.

Edited by Audiopulse

7 hours ago, Audiopulse said:

Edit: Interesting. I didnt really think about it yet, but just now I realized the Career games I deleted twice now keep reappearing whenever I verify KSPs local files. This is probably steams doing?
Normally I wouls expect Steam to understand I want these saves gone - maybe this has something to say?

The Career I actively play it saves flights and all correctly, though.

Did you delete the savegames ingame or in the explorer? This sounds steam doesn't recognize the savegames beeing deleted and restores them from the cloud.

I kinda doubt that the cloud also messes around with other files like the dictionary but who knows? The easiest way  to find out would be to deactivate the cloud for KSP (right click on KSP in your steam library -> properties -> updates). Not the first time I've read about the cloud messing around but the last time, it was related to the stock crafts and a mod which added some crafts to the same folder....these crafts were restored on each game launch but shouldn't be in the cloud at all, so I guess it's worth a try ;)

Well yes - fixing the reappearing careers should not be a problem. Them even reappearing is not much of a problem, actually.

But I guess regarding the mysterious deletion of KSPs localization we are at the end of our line? Should I report this issue to Microsoft kind of as a bug maybe?