Avoid this facebook KSP Group.

Cloakedwand72

I believe that group has been mentioned before for being hostile. I'll say what I said back then - probably a reason they are hanging out on their own and not here.

Some thing we are, for good reason, prevented from talking about in certain ways here: politics, race, hatred, violence, making personal attacks, encouraging criminal activity etc.

That tells me something about the motivation for setting up a seperate group.

6 hours ago, Sorabh said:

(Except this one!)

I question the efficacy of it :D

Though yeah, a closed Facebook group of mostly strangers ? Nah, I'll pass.

Edited by YNM

6 minutes ago, YNM said:

I question the efficacy of it :D

:DHa! I know, it's possible to get carried away by this forum sometimes. But atleast this forum does not have the sheer toxicity/stupidity of some other places I have been online. :) I actually learn something here..

1 minute ago, Sorabh said:

But atleast this forum does not have the sheer toxicity/stupidity of some other places I have been online. :)

I think I've been in fairly sterile areas until now. Also, it all depends on how you see and react to it.

9 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Avoid Facebook.

And use twitter.

9 hours ago, Sorabh said:

Avoid most social media(Except this one!) if you wish to be more productive!

Agreed.

6 hours ago, Dafni said:

What is this Facebook thing I hear people talking about? Sounds horrible.

It was they removed me & let me back several times i don't have time for toxicity.

I had to ban myself from twitter....its too much. With twitter you are able to disagree with anyone on earth and I found I just did not have the time.

When I found myself trying to engage the literal president of the united states I was like "Ok something is off here...no good can come of this"

Edited by p1t1o

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I tend to avoid social media in general. No Facebook, no Instagram, no Twitter, none of it. I'll stick to this forum and talk to nice, intelligent people about my favourite game.

same here. dont have a google account either, not even a smart phone.

Edited by Dafni

2 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

I had to ban myself from twitter....its too much. With twitter you are able to disagree with anyone on earth and I found I just did not have the time.

When I found myself trying to engage the literal president of the united states I was like "Ok something is off here...no good can come of this"

Twitter is the unwashed armpit of the Internet. Facebook is bad, but not as bad as Twitter. Instagram is just vapid. "Look at me! I just ordered avocado toast!"

10 minutes ago, Dafni said:

same here. dont have a goodle account either, not even a smart phone.

I do have both of them, but my 'smart'phone is 5 years old~ Android 4.4.4 :D

Spoiler

Also, I thought I was missing something at first when I read 'goodle' so I went to the most reliable dictionary in the world, urbandictionary.com :D

I found this gem:

dulqJo6.jpg

As tempting as that might sound, Mr. Manley is married and a successful space youtuber, and I have no intention of being called a homewrecker :D I will pass, thank you!

Edited by Sorabh

3 hours ago, Sorabh said:

I do have both of them, but my 'smart'phone is 5 years old~ Android 4.4.4 :D

Hide contents

Also, I thought I was missing something at first when I read 'goodle' so I went to the most reliable dictionary in the world, urbandictionary.com :D

I found this gem:

dulqJo6.jpg

As tempting as that might sound, Mr. Manley is married and a successful space youtuber, and I have no intention of being called a homewrecker :D I will pass, thank you!

haha, cheers. sorry for that, I fixed it.

Edited by Dafni

Hm, I was kicked out of other one (I probably can't point out which one as I can't see it anymore) years ago for being supportive of some kid who got harassed.

But this group... it's ok. Other than usually being flooded with really stupid posts. Sometimes there's nice screenshots or questions. I haven't noticed problems.

On 9/26/2018 at 4:43 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

Good idea!

Not gonna happen though :(

Well, I have a Twitter account, but I haven't checked it in years, it may have been hacked by Russian spies for all I know. I have a Facebook account, but I haven't posted on it in over a year at this point, and the only reason I still maintain it is because people occasionally PM me on it. I've never had an Instagram account, I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've even browsed that site. So, yeah, you really can just abandon social media. Life goes on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.