[1.12.x] Magico13's Modlets (Sensible Screenshot, Dated QuickSaves, etc.)

linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, hemeac said:

I haven't tested, but could the issues  with the date be due to a bug in Kronometer?  It's bundled with JNSQ.

Which is why I opened an issue for Kronometer on Github, I saw that it was a possible culprit after I made the other posts

On 12/29/2020 at 6:54 PM, flart said:

Dated QuickSaves gives +1 to day number.

It's almost not important, but ruins order with the manual saves from the KSC scene, that I name also as YxDxxx

Reveal hidden contents

7J28iYy.jpeg

Way to reproduce: 

JNSQ install, the gap started from year 2.
there is no gap on the stock system.

logs:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hl1H5Sig7r7HKpVv?e=e8bcmG

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hlw5IHrCYqk5uF_4?e=J0Byj0

The patch listed in this post seems to fix the problem, it does appear to be an issue with Kronometer and is being looked into:

• 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer Scrapyard has a dependency to MagiCore, and in CKAN its apparently the OLD version which is only compatible up to 1.8.1.  I think there needs to be a metadata switch? (Also the documentation link is to the old thread)

Basically, if you want to install Scrapyard from CKAN, you cannot because the version of Magicore that is listed as a dependency  is blocking it.  

@DasSkelett Are there any good ways to go about cleaning up some of the old dependencies that appear to be misconfigured due to forks and continuations?  Its aminor annoyance that a lot of these are linked to old forum threads (i.e. wrong forum threads now), but this one actually blocks install of a common set of mods that depend on each other.

Edited by Murdabenne
Hebarusan -> DasSkelett

5 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

@HebaruSanAre there any good ways to go about cleaning up some of the old dependencies that appear to be misconfigured due to forks and continuations?  Its aminor annoyance that a lot of these are linked to old forum threads (i.e. wrong forum threads now), but this one actually blocks install of a common set of mods that depend on each other.

Yes! Submit an issue with details about what's wrong:

13 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

@linuxgurugamer Scrapyard has a dependency to MagiCore, and in CKAN its apparently the OLD version which is only compatible up to 1.8.1.  I think there needs to be a metadata switch? (Also the documentation link is to the old thread)

Basically, if you want to install Scrapyard from CKAN, you cannot because the version of Magicore that is listed as a dependency  is blocking it.  

It looks like that is actually the most recent release of MagiCore. Have you found a newer one?

14 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Yes! Submit an issue with details about what's wrong:

It looks like that is actually the most recent release of MagiCore. Have you found a newer one?

I think it should be here in this thread, since it the original's metadata in CKAN linked to the original Modlets thread:

And @linuxgurugamer adopted the modlets.  I assumed he got MagiCore as well (I thought there were dependencies, but maybe not?).  But its not listed specifically, so I am a bit confused as to what belongs where with Magico's (now abandoned and partially adopted) mods.

Edited by Murdabenne

2 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

I think it should be here in this thread, since it the original linked to the original Modlets thread -- @linuxgurugamer adopted the modlets and I assumed he got MagiCore as well (I thought there were dependencies, but maybe not?).  Its not listed specifically, so I am a bit confused as to what belongs where with Magico's (now abandoned) mods.

Well the OP has this:

On 9/23/2018 at 6:56 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Common Dependency:

MagiCore

Description: A core utility mod initially designed so Sensible Screenshot and Dated QuickSaves can share "string translation" features. I'll probably add other common utilities into it and start requiring it in other mods. It should be included by default in Sensible Screenshot, Dated QuickSaves, Kerbal Construction Time, and ScrapYard, and CKAN should have it indexed separately. It will install to KSP_Folder/GameData/MagiCore/MagiCore.dll.

License: MIT. Also included in the zip file.

Installation: Merge the included GameData folder with the one in your KSP directory, overwriting any files.

Latest releases on GitHub

Which links to this:

rkQ1d02.png

Which looks like it's for 1.8.0. And the SpaceDock entry says 1.8.1:

That's why I was asking whether you had found something newer.

10 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

I think it should be here in this thread

Taking a look, there's no meaningful activity on that thread in 2.5 years, and it says multiple times that it's replaced by the thread where we're conversing now.

That 1.3.1 thread is where the CKAN forum thread links.  Thats one of the things I think is broken. MagiCore also is only marked compatible to 1.8.1, so things like Scrapyard that depend on it cannot update, despite the fact they are newer.  That was why I was calling attention to it: it needs to be updated, or else its metadata needs an update, which is why I posted it here so @linuxgurugamer might be able to look at it and either pull Magicore's metatdata link over into this thread, and possibly consider refreshing it (recompile if needed).

I'm not trying to cause a ruckus, I''m simply trying to solve an entanglement that is stopping me from using CKAN to make a new career install with my fave mods.

This seems to be a common issue.  I generally don't worry about things being out of date for 1 revision at all unless there is an explicit Unity/API change.  So typically I allow compatibility setting to go back to the previous major number (10 in this case).  And I dont set it there, but I sometimes temporarily set it about 2 major revisions back (1.9 in this case) to get a specific mod that I cannot live without, as long as I research it and make sure its compatible (like OPM+Kopernicus).  But 3 majors (1.8 to 1.11 in this case) I get really uncomfortable because in the past I have had things break due to changes in gameplay and design over the intervening releases, and also possible API changes.

I wish there was an easier way for metadata to mark forward compatibility against minor changes but flag major (unity) changes.

That 1.3.1 thread is where the CKAN forum thread links.

Ahh, OK, that's easy enough to update, thanks.

MagiCore also is only marked compatible to 1.8.1

Right, see previous reply for why that is.

things like Scrapyard that depend on it cannot update, despite the fact they are newer.

Interestingly, ScrapYard has an update in progress to drop the MagiCore dependency; there was a pre-release almost a year ago, but no updates since then. Presumably @zer0Kerbalhad to do some things in real life:

I wish there was an easier way for metadata to mark forward compatibility against minor changes but flag major (unity) changes.

Yup. Unfortunately that requires those "major" changes to be discernable somehow. It's easy enough for a mod to indicate compatibility with a range of versions such as "1.11" (my own mods are examples of this), but there's no way to anticipate when the next breaking change will occur ahead of time.

20 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Interestingly, ScrapYard has an update in progress to drop the MagiCore dependency; there was a pre-release almost a year ago, but no updates since then. Presumably @zer0Kerbalhad to do some things in real life:

Real Life has done a lot to many of us.  No pressure on the authors, just trying to figure out which one is on the critical path, so I know who to watch for.  Thanks for the help.

56 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

Real Life has done a lot to many of us.  No pressure on the authors, just trying to figure out which one is on the critical path, so I know who to watch for.  Thanks for the help.

Just an FYI, @zer0Kerbal seems to have totally disappeared.  I've tried contacting him many ways, no answer and there hasn't been _any_ activity on his github account since last summer.  I hope he's ok

• 7 months later...

New release, 1.5.1.2

• Added AssemblyFileVersion
  • Updated version file for 1.12

DatedQuickSaves - 1.2.4.5
            EditorTime - 1.0.7.3
            NIMBY - 1.1.3.3
            SensibleScreenshot - 1.2.5.4
            ShipSaveSplicer - 1.1.6.1
            Treetoppler - 1.1.4.3
            Wwwwwwwww - 1.1.4.3
Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 months later...

New release, 1.5.2

• DatedQuickSaves - 1.2.5
    • Thanks to github user @yalov for this
      • Switch to Difficulty Section settings and GameConfig settings (DQS node)
        • option to reload DQS node from the settings
      • Add settings for disabling Quicksave or Autosave features
      • Add localization
      • Scale autosave period on Physic Time Warp
      • Option for rename save file instead of copy

• 3 months later...

@linuxgurugamer Hiya.

I've just had an issue with DatedQuickSaves, which looks to be related to the new 'rename' option. Basically, it wasn't working. Whenever I did an F5 and then an F9, I got an on screen message saying 'quicksave Does Not Exist'. If I turn off the rename option in the settings, everything is fine. It looks as if the quickload is still looking for the quicksave.sfs file, even though it's been renamed.

Not a game breaker or anything, just thought I'd let you know.

Edited by WelshSteW

1 hour ago, WelshSteW said:

I've just had an issue with DatedQuickSaves, which looks to be related to the new 'rename' option. Basically, it wasn't working. Whenever I did an F5 and then an F9, I got an on screen message saying 'quicksave Does Not Exist'. If I turn off the rename option in the settings, everything is fine. It looks as if the quickload is still looking for the quicksave.sfs file, even though it's been renamed.

that is why coping is default :)

but if you want to save some drive time, and you use Better Load Save Game Renewed instead  of F9 quickload, than the 'rename' option is helpful 

8 hours ago, WelshSteW said:

@linuxgurugamer Hiya.

I'll take a look

• 1 year later...

Sensible Screenshot is breaking  when I try to use dates or the save name in the screenshot. NullRef on both of them.
Let me know if providing a modlist or more of the log file would help, but it seems to me that it's going to be isolated code if it's failing the DateTime of all things.

[LOG 03:29:06.042] SCREENSHOT!!
[EXC 03:29:06.366] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	MagiCore.StringTranslation.ReplaceStandardTokens (System.String sourceString) (at <4ba817917bf941048de4cb8d3f2b666f>:0)
	MagiCore.StringTranslation.AddFormatInfo (System.String original, System.String caller, System.String DateString, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] extraVariables) (at <4ba817917bf941048de4cb8d3f2b666f>:0)
	SensibleScreenshot.SensibleScreenshot.GetFileName () (at <bdd87ade0549468dbcdd2abb58e04d28>:0)
	SensibleScreenshot.SensibleScreenshot.DoWork () (at <bdd87ade0549468dbcdd2abb58e04d28>:0)
	SensibleScreenshot.SensibleScreenshot.Update () (at <bdd87ade0549468dbcdd2abb58e04d28>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Config code just in case:

DateString = yyyyMMdd-HH.mm.ss
FileNameTemplate = [body]_[version]_[date]
ConvertToJPG = False
JPGQuality = 75
KeepOrigPNG = False
FillSpaces = True
ReplaceChar = _

And just to be sure, I did check that that format is compatible with the DateTime.ToString() method:

C:\
> [DateTime]::Now.ToString("yyyyMMdd-HH.mm.ss")
20230702-20.56.11

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Cosmic Sailor said:

Hi, I'm not sure how to install Magicore.  Merging the two Gamedata folders isn't working for me.

Anyone know which file I must put in my KSP's Gamedata?
Qx2OIkD.png

That looks like the wrong zip. It look like you cloned the repository (which does not include a compiled copy of the mod) instead of downloading the release version.

You want to download MagiCore-1.12.0-1.3.2.5.zip from the release page on GitHub. Then copy the whole MagiCore folder (3 files plus a subfolder with the compiled dll) from the zips GameData folder into your GameData.

NOTE: MagiCore is a dependency needed by other mods but does nothing by itself alone.

On 7/2/2023 at 9:01 PM, Tahvohck said:

Sensible Screenshot is breaking  when I try to use dates or the save name in the screenshot. NullRef on both of them.
Let me know if providing a modlist or more of the log file would help, but it seems to me that it's going to be isolated code if it's failing the DateTime of all things.

[LOG 03:29:06.042] SCREENSHOT!!
[EXC 03:29:06.366] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	MagiCore.StringTranslation.ReplaceStandardTokens (System.String sourceString) (at <4ba817917bf941048de4cb8d3f2b666f>:0)
	MagiCore.StringTranslation.AddFormatInfo (System.String original, System.String caller, System.String DateString, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] extraVariables) (at <4ba817917bf941048de4cb8d3f2b666f>:0)
	SensibleScreenshot.SensibleScreenshot.GetFileName () (at <bdd87ade0549468dbcdd2abb58e04d28>:0)
	SensibleScreenshot.SensibleScreenshot.DoWork () (at <bdd87ade0549468dbcdd2abb58e04d28>:0)
	SensibleScreenshot.SensibleScreenshot.Update () (at <bdd87ade0549468dbcdd2abb58e04d28>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Config code just in case:

DateString = yyyyMMdd-HH.mm.ss
FileNameTemplate = [body]_[version]_[date]
ConvertToJPG = False
JPGQuality = 75
KeepOrigPNG = False
FillSpaces = True
ReplaceChar = _

And just to be sure, I did check that that format is compatible with the DateTime.ToString() method:

C:\
> [DateTime]::Now.ToString("yyyyMMdd-HH.mm.ss")
20230702-20.56.11

Sorry about the lateness, I just saw this.  I'll look into it

On 7/2/2023 at 9:01 PM, Tahvohck said:

Always provide a log file, please.  I have no way of knowing anything about the version of the game, of the mods or anything else

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.