[1.12.x] Magico13's Modlets (Sensible Screenshot, Dated QuickSaves, etc.)

linuxgurugamer

@magico13 is no longer doing modding, and asked for people to adopt his mods.  His original thread  is here:https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/97033-141-magico13s-modlets-sensible-screenshot-dated-quicksaves-etc/

This is the new thread for his Modlets which I've adopted.

What is a modlet? Simple!

Literally, that's what it is. A modlet is a very small, generally one purpose mod designed with a very specific goal in mind. There's generally no configurability, just a single .dll, and probably one file of source code. They're very simple, straightforward additions to the game. Some example modlets are Claw's Stock Bug Fix Modules or Malah's Quick Mods

This thread is where I will be posting my "modlets", the first of which is Field Experience.

The downloads are generally available on SpaceDock and GitHub.

Spacedock has the build for the current version of KSP.  Builds for KSP 1.4.5 or 1.5.1 are available at Github, in the Releases section

Sensible Screenshot v1.2.4 (2018-03-20) [KSP 1.4.1]

Requires (and includes) MagiCore.dll

Description: Have you ever tried to back up your Screenshots folder and run into issues with screenshots with the same names? Well, consider that problem solved! Sensible Screenshot renames your screenshots to use a name based on the date and time taken so you always have unique file names!

With update 1.1.0 you can now also include a large amount of in-game data (like the KSP version, SaveGame name, or even Active Vessel name or biome, or parent body, or situation, or.... the list goes on! (check down below for the full list).

Additionally with 1.1.0, you can now convert your screenshots into .jpg files automatically to reduce their file size, if that's something you're concerned about!

Warning: It might not get things exactly right if you take a lot of screenshots all at once. If you only take 1 a second (or less) it should work perfectly but if you take more than 1 a second they might be in the wrong order.

If you're looking for a mod like this that takes screenshots on a timer or automatically at special events, check out linuxgurugamer's Automated Screenshots mod!

License: GPLv3. Also included in the zip file.

Downloadhttps://spacedock.info/mod/642/Sensible Screenshot

Installation: Merge the included GameData folder with the one in your KSP directory, overwriting any files.

Variables

Spoiler

[date] = Parsed DateString
[UT] = Current in-game time in seconds
[save] = Name of current save game
[version] = KSP version
[vessel] = Active Vessel name
[body] = Current primary celestial body name
[situation] = Active Vessel situation (PRELAUNCH, FLYING, ORBITING, etc.)
[biome] = Current Active Vessel biome
[year] = Current in-game year (as seen in top left during flight (1, 2, etc.))
[day] = Current in-game day (similar to year)
[hour] = in-game hour
[min] = in-game minute
[sec] = in-game seconds
[year0] = As [year] but zero padded to three digits (001, 002, etc)
[day0] = As [day] but zero padded to three digits (001, 002, etc)
[hour0] = As [hour] but zero padded to two digits (01, 02, etc)
[min0] = As [min] but zero padded to two digits (01, 02, etc)
[sec0] = As [sec] but zero padded to two digits (01, 02, etc)
[MET] = Active vessel's mission elapsed time. Would normally be HH:MM:SS, but the colons are replaced with the ReplaceChar (windows doesn't like colons)

Config Options (and defaults, don't include anything after the # symbol in your configs):

Spoiler

DateString = yyyy-MM-dd--HH-mm-ss #This can be any valid format from this website: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8kb3ddd4(v=vs.90).aspx
FileNameTemplate = screenshot_[date] #The template for the filenames. This is where you put the variables.
ConvertToJPG = False #Set to True if you want to convert to .jpg instead of using .png (.png is larger, but probably faster)
JPGQuality = 75 #Set between 1 and 100 to choose the .jpg quality. Higher=better quality but larger size
FillSpaces = False #Set the True to automatically fill in any spaces in the filename, good for OSes that don't like spaces in the file names
ReplaceChar = _ #Set this to the character(s) you want any spaces to be replaced with. If you set it to an OS forbidden character, it will definitely break things

An example (somewhat ridiculous) filename setting and result:

Spoiler

In config file: screenshot_[date]_KSP[version]_[save]_[vessel]_[body]_[biome]_[situation]_Y[year]_D[day]_H[hour]_M[min]_S[sec]_UT[UT]
Resulting file name: screenshot_2015-04-30-22-22_KSPv1.0.0_SaveGameTest_Kerbal#X_Kerbin_Shores_PRELAUNCH_Y1_D10_H5_M7_S36_UT212856.png

Imgur album comparing .png quality and file size to .jpg: http://imgur.com/a/tLYE5

ChangeLog:

Spoiler

v1.2.4 - (2018-03-20)
- Updated to KSP 1.4.1

v1.2.3 - (12/12/2016)
- Updated to KSP 1.2.2

v1.2.2 - (07/29/2016)
- Updated to KSP 1.1.3
- Config file location changed from /GameData/SensibleScreenshots/settings.cfg to /GameData/SensibleScreenshots/PluginData/settings.cfg

v1.2.1 - (05/03/2016)
- Updated to KSP 1.1.2

v1.2.0 - (09/24/2015)
Now requires (and includes) MagiCore.dll
- Uses MagiCore to share filename conversions with Dated QuickSaves.

v1.1.2 - (08/18/2015)
- Added zero padded options for in-game time and added [MET]

v1.1.1 - (06/29/2015)
- Possibly fixed issue with climbing RAM usage over prolonged use when converting to .jpg
- Added option to keep original .png when converting to .jpg

v1.1.0 - (04/30/2015)
- Added config file (settings.cfg) with several configurable parameters (will appear after first load, settings apply at the start of every scene change)
- Output file name defined in config file
- Date string configurable to any valid format (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8kb3ddd4(v=vs.90).aspx)
- A bunch of in-game things can now be defined in the file name, check forum for full list
- Screenshots can be automatically converted to .jpg files (with variable quality). 75% quality uses about 1/10 of the size of a .png (200kB vs 2MB)
- Added a bit of debug logging when converting or renaming a screenshot
- You can have spaces be automatically filled with a character of your choice

v1.0 - (04/28/2015)
- Initial Release

Dated QuickSaves v1.1.5 (2018-03-20) [KSP 1.4.1]

Requires (and includes) MagiCore.dll

Description: Are you ever afraid to load a quicksave because you don't know how far back it will take you? Do you overwrite useful quicksaves by accidentally pressing F5? Do you like installing all the mods that might eventually have a use to you some day? Well, Dated QuickSaves is a mod you should get! It adds the current in-game date and time to the filename when you make a quicksave during flight. This serves to remind you how far back the save will take you and also automatically prevents overwriting quicksaves with an accidental tap of F5. Just press F5 in flight and Dated QuickSaves takes care of the rest. Use F9 to load the latest quicksave as normal, and Alt-F9 to load the dated quicksaves, where you can review the date before losing all your precious missions.

Currently there isn't a limit on how many saves are made, so you'll want to clear them out eventually. If there is demand I can add a config option to limit that. Changed in 1.1.0. Additionally, it uses the current in-game time, rather than extracting the UT from the quicksave itself, so if that is an issue I can change it. One more thing, if people want an auto-backup of the main save when loading a quicksave, I can add that in as well if requested.

New in 1.1.0:

- You can now define the filename to use in the same way as Sensible Screenshot, above, including all the fun variables like vessel name or biome

- You can now turn on automatic autosaves in the flight scene at a configurable interval (in integer minutes)

- You can now set a limit on the number of quicksaves and autosaves to keep (only tracks new ones, so clear out the old ones manually. Set to -1 in the config to keep unlimited ones)

Downloadhttps://spacedock.info/mod/643/Dated QuickSaves

Installation: Merge the included GameData folder with the one in your KSP directory, overwriting any files.

ChangeLog:

Spoiler

v1.1.5 - (2018-03-20)
- Updated to KSP 1.4.1

v1.1.4 - (06/17/2017)
- Updated to KSP 1.3
- Display the new name of the save when renaming

v1.1.3 - (12/12/2016)
- Updated to KSP 1.2.2

v1.1.2 - (07/29/2016)
- Updated to KSP 1.1.3
- Config file location changed from GameData/DatedQuicksaves/settings.cfg to GameData/DatedQuicksaves/PluginData/settings.cfg

v1.1.1 - (05/03/16)
- Updated to KSP 1.1.2

v1.1.0 - (09/24/15)
Now requires (and includes) MagiCore.dll!
- Added ability to define the file names in a settings file (same as SensibleScreenshots for "variables")
- Added ability to have autosaves in a configurable interval.
- Can define the total number of quicksaves and autosaves to keep. Doesn't know about ones from older versions, so delete those manually!

Version 1.0 - 04/28/2015
- Initial Release

Ship Save Splicer v1.2.0 (2018-03-27) [KSP 1.4.1]

Description: Ever built a ship, base, or station in one save and wish you could transfer it into a new save? Perhaps you built a really awesome station around Kerbin in a save, then added the New Horizons mod and had to start a new save. With Ship Save Splicer you can export the station from one save and import it into another, even if they use wildly different mods (with the exception of required part mods).

Just enter the tracking station, select a craft from the left, and press the "SSS" button. The ship will be exported to the "Kerbal Space Program/Ships/export" folder, ready to be imported into a new save. To import a craft, enter the tracking station and don't select any vessels. Press the "SSS" button to bring up the importer in no-crew mode and select the vessel you want to import. It will then be imported without any crew members.

To import a craft with all of its crew, mod-click the "SSS" button (so Alt-Click or RightShift-Click) to bring up the importer in "crewed" mode. Importing vessels with crew has a much larger potential of breaking things, so make a quicksave beforehand! When importing with crew all the crew stats should transfer properly. If there's already a Kerbal with the same name in the Save (for instance, "Bob Kerman") then the imported Kerbal will be renamed with a roman numeral (ie, "Bob Kerman II").

As of 1.1.0 you can now convert exported vessels to craft files by Left-Shift clicking the button while in the Tracking Station. This is made possible by @Claw's InflightShipSave mod and the pertinent code remains under the original CC-BY-NC-SA license.

Shortcuts:
Click with vessel selected = Export vessel
Left-Ctrl+Click = Import vessel, no crew
Mod+Click with no vessel selected = Import vessel and crew
Left-Shift+Click = Convert exported vessel to .craft file

Downloadhttps://spacedock.info/mod/644

ChangeLog:

Spoiler

v1.2.0 (2018-03-27)
- Enable importing crew members again. Note that you cannot import the same vessel with crew twice or it will throw an exception when leaving the tracking station. You must terminate one of the flights to be able to exit.
- Added more logging to SSS.

v1.1.4 (2018-03-20)
- Updated to KSP 1.4.1

v1.1.3 - (06/17/2017)
- Updated to KSP 1.3

v1.1.2 - (12/12/2016)
- Updated to KSP 1.2.2
- Changed to use Left-Ctrl+Click to import since KSP no longer allows deselection once a vessel is selected in the TS.
- Temporarily removed crew import since it's broken by a KSP change.

v1.1.1 - (07/29/2016)
- Updated to KSP 1.1.3

v1.1.0 - (05/11/2016)
- Updated to KSP 1.1.2
- Added ability to convert saved vessels to craft files. Left-shift click the button to open the convert GUI. Code made possible by Claw's InflightShipSave and that section of the code remains under the original license.

v1.0.1 - (05/04/2016)
- First release (I think)

EditorTime v1.0.5 (2018-03-20) [KSP 1.4.1]

Description: Makes time pass while you're in the editor. Pretty straightforward. Also includes a window to tell you the current time while you're in the editor. It's kind of like a super simplified Kerbal Construction Time, where instead of taking a calculated amount of time to build vessels, the amount of time it takes to build a vessel is dependent on how long it takes you to actually design itt. In the config file you can alter the timeRatio to make more or less game time pass per real life second so that 1 real second == 1 game second, or perhaps 1 real second = 1 game minute, or anything you can imagine.

Some possible hiccups (since mods don't expect time to pass in the editor):

1. Kerbal Alarm Clock alarms won't fire. I'll probably add a countdown timer to show you when the next alarm is set to fire (and will probably pop up a message to alert you).

2. Other mods that depend on time might not work correctly.

Downloadhttps://spacedock.info/mod/1973/EditorTime

ChangeLog:

Spoiler

v1.0.5 (2018-03-20)
- Updated to KSP 1.4.1

v1.0.4 - (12/12/2016)
- Updated to KSP 1.2.2

v1.0.3 (07/29/2016)
- Updated to KSP 1.1.3

v1.0.2.1 (5/22/16)
- Fixed issue with config file not writing.

v1.0.2 (5/20/16)
- Updated to KSP 1.1.2

v1.0.1 (8/19/15)
- Fixed issue with wrong license being included in the zip

v1.0 (8/18/15)
- Initial release

Tree Toppler v1.1.3 (2018-03-20) [KSP 1.4.1]

Description: For those of you who want to play career mode but don't want to deal with the grind that is the Science system, Tree Toppler lets you unlock the tech tree without spending science. Best paired with the Stock setting that requires part purchases, you can turn your space program into a corporation rather than a research institution. When the "Topple" button in the lower left corner of the R&D screen is pressed, you're given four options:

1. Unlock All Nodes: This will unlock all nodes, regardless of R&D center level. If you have the setting to require part purchases, it won't auto-purchase the parts. If you have that setting off, you'll get all the parts for free.
  2. Unlock Up To Level: This unlocks all nodes that you could purchase based on R&D center level. An un-upgraded R&D center can only purchase nodes costing up to 100 science, so any 100 science or more nodes won't be unlocked. Useful if you still want tech restrictions based on building upgrades, for progression purposes.
  3. Disable Costs: For those of you who are picky about which nodes you want unlocked, this setting will disable any science costs associated with nodes. If you can't afford a node, this will still unlock it. If you can afford a node, you'll get whatever science you spend back. This also unlocks a second set of options when selecting nodes to force unlock or force lock the nod, ignoring all prerequisites (including R&D level, science costs, and required parent nodes)
  4. Lock All Nodes: The opposite of unlocking all the nodes, this will lock all of them again, if that's something you want.

Note: The changes won't appear right away when unlocking/locking several nodes at once. Close the R&D screen, then reopen it to see the changes.

Downloadhttps://spacedock.info/mod/645

Imgur Albug: https://imgur.com/a/QQHgY

ChangeLog:

Spoiler

v1.1.3 (2018-03-20)
- Updated to KSP 1.4.1

v1.1.2 - (06/17/2017)
- Update to KSP 1.3

v1.1.1 - (12/12/2016)
- Update to KSP 1.2.2

v1.1.0 - Not May 03, 2017 (Actually July 29, 2016)
- Update to KSP 1.1.3
- Added "Force Unlock" and "Force Lock" buttons when "Disable Costs" is active. Forces the node to (un)lock, ignoring all perquisites. Button placement was performed on 1080p display.

v1.0.1 - May 03, 2016
- Update to KSP 1.1.2

v1.0.0 - May 03, 2015
- Initial Release

Wwwwwwwww v1.0.2 (2018-03-20) [KSP 1.4.1]

Description: For when you need to walk for a long time and you don't want to hold the key yourself. Also capable of running. It basically just holds down "w", which is also how I came up with the name. Unfortunately I gave it one too many w's and it would have been better as Wwwwwwww (Wx8, or "weight" [or "wait"] which is great since people usually hold it down with a a weight (like a stack of coins) and they have to wait a long time to get where they're going. So just pretend it's called that instead. Or call it WNine. I don't care 

Press "Left Control" and "W" while on EVA to keep walking forward. Press "Left Control", "Left Shift", and "W" on EVA to keep running forward. Press "W" to disengage. Takes two clicks of "W" (and of "Left Shift") to fully disengage sometimes

Downloadhttps://spacedock.info/mod/962

ChangeLog:

Spoiler

v1.0.2 (2018-03-20)
- Updated to KSP 1.4.1

v1.0.1 - (12/12/2016)
- Update to KSP 1.2.2

v1.0.0 - (09/28/2016)
- Initial release

NIMBY v1.1.1 (2018-03-20) [KSP 1.4.1]

Description:

NIMBY (or Not In My BackYard) is a modlet that restricts recovery of vessels to within a range of predefined "beacons". By default the only beacon is the KSC and recovery is limited to within 100km. If you try to recover from further, a message will pop up alerting you that you are too far away.

Additional beacons can be created through the Beacons.cfg file that is generated after the first run. Future plans for the mod include a UI to allow creating new beacons and parts that allow for mobile beacons (for bases and recovery ships).

Downloadhttps://spacedock.info/mod/1286

ChangeLog:

Spoiler

v1.2.4 (2018-03-20)
- Updated to KSP 1.4.1
- Beacons.cfg moved to PluginData folder

v1.1.0 - (2017-08-08)
- Added Mobile Beacons. Requires Module Manager, a command module, a science lab, an antenna, and an Engineer Kerbal on the vessel.
- Fixed a bug where longitude was being used instead of latitude when calculating distances.

v1.0.1 - (2017-06-17)
- Updated to KSP 1.3

Common Dependency:

MagiCore

Description: A core utility mod initially designed so Sensible Screenshot and Dated QuickSaves can share "string translation" features. I'll probably add other common utilities into it and start requiring it in other mods. It should be included by default in Sensible Screenshot, Dated QuickSaves, Kerbal Construction Time, and ScrapYard, and CKAN should have it indexed separately. It will install to KSP_Folder/GameData/MagiCore/MagiCore.dll.

License: MIT. Also included in the zip file.

Latest releases on GitHub

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...

I was trying to think of a mod that would make life easier if I started a new game with a new name, and imported a lot of craft into that save, but don't want to click and open every craft to generate a thumbnail. I tried copying the thumb folder, but all the thumbs are named to that specific save.

I think a mod that would allow in the VAB or SPH one click of a button and it would scan the craft files and generate the thumbnails for me, in a very short period of time. That way when I add in my craft files from my HD or the many I use from KerbalX and import with Craft Manager, I can quickly generate thumbs for all of them. With maybe a press of a button. 

I don't know, just a idea, in the dark. I was thinking about that today, when I was re-installing and how easy it is now with CKAN

I was also thinking something about the quicksaves, so I am going to try Dated Quicksaves. Sounds like what I was looking for.

On 10/26/2018 at 11:45 PM, therealcrow999 said:

I think a mod that would allow in the VAB or SPH one click of a button and it would scan the craft files and generate the thumbnails for me, in a very short period of time. That way when I add in my craft files from my HD or the many I use from KerbalX and import with Craft Manager, I can quickly generate thumbs for all of them. With maybe a press of a button. 

It's a nice idea, but I'm not going to do it

• 1 month later...

@linuxgurugamer I have a clean install of KSP 1.5.1 with nothin but NIMBY and it doesn't work (I can still recover vehicles over 100 km away). When I launch a vessel at KSC I get an IsolatedStorageException, specifically

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/nagleaidan/Documents/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/NIMBY/PluginData/Beacons.cfg".
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NotInMyBackYard.NotInMyBackYard.LoadBeacons (System.String beaconFile, Boolean createIfNotExists) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NotInMyBackYard.NotInMyBackYard.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NotInMyBackYard.NotInMyBackYard_Flight.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Linked is my logfile from a session where I booted KSP, created a new game, launched the KerbalX, and then quit.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

Is the last version of magicore compatible wit 1.3.1? because I have a lot of errors about magicore with 1.3.1 version installed in my 1.3.1 ksp
these:

[ERR 17:25:25.682] [MagiCore] Tried to parse a non-double value: [SN]

[ERR 17:25:25.684] [MagiCore] Tried to parse a non-double value: [SP]
In Vab specially.

Edited by Agustin

6 hours ago, Agustin said:

Is the last version of magicore compatible wit 1.3.1? because I have a lot of errors about magicore with 1.3.1 version installed in my 1.3.1 ksp
these:

[ERR 17:25:25.682] [MagiCore] Tried to parse a non-double value: [SN]

[ERR 17:25:25.684] [MagiCore] Tried to parse a non-double value: [SP]
In Vab specially.

No. It isn't.  You need the correct version.  However, @magico13 replied in the old thread.

You also need to provide a full log file, otherwise those lines are useless 

• 1 month later...

New release, NIMBY 1.1.2

• Thanks to Kerbas-ad-astra:
    • This allows launchsites to be added by Module Manager patches (useful for Making History, Real Solar System, Kerbal Konstructs...)

Spacedock has the build for the current version of KSP.  Builds for KSP 1.4.5 or 1.5.1 are available at Github, in the Releases section

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...

@linuxgurugamer - I know the license allows me to do this, but it's polite to ask :p

So, I've been looking at NIMBY and while I like the concept, I really don't like the implementation. The requirements for MobileRecoveryBeacons are really stringent, and honestly a bit much (especially for the early game).

I'm making some changes in my own local version, to make it a bit more "fun" (for me at least). I think that the changes I am making would probably appeal to a larger audience, but I feel like if I just gave you a PR, they would fundamentally change the way it currently works, and would probably work better as a separate mod in their own right. To that end, I was wondering if you would mind if I release a fork once I get it to where I want it to be (if you would rather not, that's fine, I will just keep it to myself.)

FYI the changes I plan to make are as follows:

• Remove the requirements for MobileBeacons to need a Lab and an engineer, so players can do "search and rescue" type missions.
  • Link the range of a mobile beacon to the power of the antenna and (maybe, haven't quite decided yet) require a relay on the craft with a link back to the DSN. - My thoughts are that after a while you can have a network of "recovery satellites" that allow you to track from space where a craft landed.
  • Make the range of the Static beacons increase as you upgrade the DSN (so as you upgrade your DSN you get a wider "search range")
  • Give the player some visual indicator (probably in the PAW) of the range of a Mobile beacon. At the moment the only way to find this is by looking at the code, the game gives no indication that mobile beacons are even a thing.
Edited by severedsolo

2 hours ago, severedsolo said:

@linuxgurugamer - I know the license allows me to do this, but it's polite to ask :p

So, I've been looking at NIMBY and while I like the concept, I really don't like the implementation. The requirements for MobileRecoveryBeacons are really stringent, and honestly a bit much (especially for the early game).

I'm making some changes in my own local version, to make it a bit more "fun" (for me at least). I think that the changes I am making would probably appeal to a larger audience, but I feel like if I just gave you a PR, they would fundamentally change the way it currently works, and would probably work better as a separate mod in their own right. To that end, I was wondering if you would mind if I release a fork once I get it to where I want it to be (if you would rather not, that's fine, I will just keep it to myself.)

FYI the changes I plan to make are as follows:

• Remove the requirements for MobileBeacons to need a Lab and an engineer, so players can do "search and rescue" type missions.
  • Link the range of a mobile beacon to the power of the antenna and (maybe, haven't quite decided yet) require a relay on the craft with a link back to the DSN. - My thoughts are that after a while you can have a network of "recovery satellites" that allow you to track from space where a craft landed.
  • Make the range of the Static beacons increase as you upgrade the DSN (so as you upgrade your DSN you get a wider "search range")
  • Give the player some visual indicator (probably in the PAW) of the range of a Mobile beacon. At the moment the only way to find this is by looking at the code, the game gives no indication that mobile beacons are even a thing.

First, I don't mind a fork, but please change the name so people don't get confused

I think your changes are great, and actually needed, this isn't a popular mod (based on the avc counts).  I don't think it would be a problem to do the PR, but it's up to you. Just let me know how you proceed.

Either way, thank you for doing this

23 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

First, I don't mind a fork, but please change the name so people don't get confused

I think your changes are great, and actually needed, this isn't a popular mod (based on the avc counts).  I don't think it would be a problem to do the PR, but it's up to you. Just let me know how you proceed. 

Either way, thank you for doing this

I'll probably do a PR then - I'd rather not have multiple forks of the same mod floating around (plus less for me to maintain, we can't all be looking after 300 odd mods :P )

I'll let you know when it's ready, I've only just started poking at it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to use the Ship Save Splicer to give me a copy of my station into the VAB to plan upgrades. Problem is when I save a copy and then convert to a craft file, upon oping the VAB load a save, the list is empty as in no ships. If I remove the craft file SSS created all my ships are back on the list.

I'm using KSP version 1.3.0 and I've tried SSS version 1.2.0 and 1.3.1 with the same result.

7 hours ago, 7rex said:

I'm trying to use the Ship Save Splicer to give me a copy of my station into the VAB to plan upgrades. Problem is when I save a copy and then convert to a craft file, upon oping the VAB load a save, the list is empty as in no ships. If I remove the craft file SSS created all my ships are back on the list.

I'm using KSP version 1.3.0 and I've tried SSS version 1.2.0 and 1.3.1 with the same result.

How about a log file, and the craft file which was created

6 hours ago, 7rex said:

My apologies, here they are:

https://ufile.io/d3ze2oqe craft file

https://ufile.io/ush01rpo Output_log.txt

There are some suspicious errors in the log file which seem related.

I can't load the craft since I'm missing a lot of mods.  So, two suggestions:

First, make a new sandbox save, put only this craft file in and see if you can load it there.

Second, zip up your entire GameData directory and get me  a link (dropbox is faster).

Finally, I noticed that you are playing on 1.3.0, is there any reason you didn't upgrade to 1.3.1?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.