[1.12.x] Magico13's Modlets (Sensible Screenshot, Dated QuickSaves, etc.)

linuxgurugamer

On 5/5/2019 at 12:48 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

There are some suspicious errors in the log file which seem related.

I can't load the craft since I'm missing a lot of mods.  So, two suggestions:

First, make a new sandbox save, put only this craft file in and see if you can load it there.

Second, zip up your entire GameData directory and get me  a link (dropbox is faster).

Finally, I noticed that you are playing on 1.3.0, is there any reason you didn't upgrade to 1.3.1?

I tried a new save in KSP 1.3.0 and had the same issue, I then updated my game to 1.3.1 (not quite sure why it wasn't already) and it has fixed the problem.

Thank you, Linuxgurugamer :)

Edited by 7rex

For time formats I was a bit dismayed that I could not do DatedQuickSaves files with Kerbin formats such as YYY-DD-HHMMSS and only could do unpadded Y-D-HMS.   I.e.  Year 1, Day 2,  Hour 3, Minute 5, Second 9 as 1-2-359, instead of 001-02-030509.  This helps seeing the sorted order of saves when you have to compare Year 10 to a Year 1 save and the same for other time values.

However, it pays to dig into source code and not bother the amazing @linuxgurugamer with a change request and find something not documented on the main mod description post.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/MagiCore/blob/master/MagiCore/StringTranslation.cs

str = ReplaceToken(str, "year", times[0].ToString());
            str = ReplaceToken(str, "year0", times[0].ToString("D3"));
            str = ReplaceToken(str, "day", times[1].ToString());
            str = ReplaceToken(str, "day0", times[1].ToString("D3"));
            str = ReplaceToken(str, "hour", times[2].ToString());
            str = ReplaceToken(str, "hour0", times[2].ToString("D2"));
            str = ReplaceToken(str, "min", times[3].ToString());
            str = ReplaceToken(str, "min0", times[3].ToString("D2"));
            str = ReplaceToken(str, "sec", times[4].ToString());
            str = ReplaceToken(str, "sec0", times[4].ToString("D2"));

Here I can see that the format string "FileNameTemplate = [year0]-[day0]-[hour0][min0]" does exactly what I want.  So for anyone looking to do this, well this is how you do it.

Edited by kurtu5
Mistake on where the formatting is done.

• 1 month later...

Wwwwwwwww seems to be broken in 1.7.1:

EntryPointNotFoundException: keybd_event
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Wwwwwwwww.Wwwwwwwww:keybd_event (byte,byte,uint,uint)
  at Wwwwwwwww.Wwwwwwwww.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I also have to admit that these screenshot thumbnails created by the mod are blank / solid black, perhaps it's because I use -force-glcore.

This is written to the log when quicksave / autosave occurs:

[BetterLoadSaveGame] System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageException: Could not find file "D:\Kerbal Space Program\saves\Gordon Dry RO RP-1 RSS\persistent.png".
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BetterLoadSaveGame.ScreenshotManager.ResizeScreenshot (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BetterLoadSaveGame.ScreenshotManager+<>c__DisplayClass8.<OnSave>b__5 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BetterLoadSaveGame.ActionGenerator.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BetterLoadSaveGame.Main.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

I suspect the mod "SensibleScreenshot" with its renaming method is the culprit.

That mod got a setting "KeepOrigPNG = False", I will set that to "True" for the next session and see if that helps.

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 2 weeks later...
  • New releases for KSP 1.7.2:
  • Dated Quicksaves, 1.2.3.5
  • Editor Time, 1.0.6.4
  • NIMBY, 1.1.2.1
  • SensibleScreenshot, 1.2.4.4
  • Ship Save Splicer, 1.1.4.4
  • Tree Toppler, 1.1.3.4
  • Wwwwwwwww, 1.1.3.5
    • Version bump for 1.7.2
    • Updated all AssemblyVersion.tt for location independent builds

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On the KSC scene F5 works as "Save as", and Dated quicksave doesn't work: the dialog with the "quicksave #N" showed up.

idr, probably the mod just don't work with the "Save as" dialog.
Could it be possible to add the support? An default text in the "Save as" dialog would be new SaveAsTemplate in the config

Edited by flart

21 hours ago, flart said:

On the KSC scene F5 works as "Save as", and Dated quicksave doesn't work: the dialog with the "quicksave #N" showed up.

idr, probably the mod just don't work with the "Save as" dialog.
Could it be possible to add the support? An default text in the "Save as" dialog would be new SaveAsTemplate in the config

Thats because of the way the menus are written in KSP.  Not possible to intercept the menu calls. I’m currently trying to do this with another mod.  Not having a great deal of success

On 10/29/2019 at 12:44 PM, Maravone said:

One question, perhaps a stupid one:
SensibleScreenshots doesnt seem to have a settings.cfg after I've downloaded the latest release.
Am I supposed to make the settings.cfg myself? I tried to, but it doesnt seem to be working I'm afraid.

Ill take a look tomorrow

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/29/2019 at 9:44 AM, Maravone said:

One question, perhaps a stupid one:
SensibleScreenshots doesnt seem to have a settings.cfg after I've downloaded the latest release.
Am I supposed to make the settings.cfg myself? I tried to, but it doesnt seem to be working I'm afraid.

On 11/30/2019 at 8:54 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Ill take a look tomorrow

@linuxgurugamer

Could this still happen? The zip file still does not contain any sample file, nor does it contain the "required and included" magicore.dll.

thank you

edited update: took a guess (and was wrong) but discovered that the mod will create a config file on its first run if it doesn't find one. So for anyone else, you can just run the mod, or to pre-populate it, you want a file called gamedata\sensiblescreenshot\pluginData\settings.cfg

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
added updated info

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Dated QuickSaves gives +1 to day number.

It's almost not important, but ruins order with the manual saves from the KSC scene, that I name also as YxDxxx

Spoiler

7J28iYy.jpeg

Way to reproduce: 

JNSQ install, the gap started from year 2.
there is no gap on the stock system.

logs:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hl1H5Sig7r7HKpVv?e=e8bcmG

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hlw5IHrCYqk5uF_4?e=J0Byj0

Edited by flart

On 12/29/2020 at 6:54 PM, flart said:

there is no gap on the stock system

Thank you for mentioning that it works on the stock system.  I don't need the logs in this case.

Just to confirm, it only adds 1 day in total, no matter how many years pass?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 6:54 PM, flart said:

Dated QuickSaves gives +1 to day number.

It's almost not important, but ruins order with the manual saves from the KSC scene, that I name also as YxDxxx

Reveal hidden contents

7J28iYy.jpeg

Way to reproduce: 

there is no gap on the stock system.

logs:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hl1H5Sig7r7HKpVv?e=e8bcmG

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hlw5IHrCYqk5uF_4?e=J0Byj0

This is actually a bug in either JNSQ, Kopernicus or a combination of both.  After a few hours of testing, i was able to determine that at the end of Y1, the calendar rolls over into Y2 D00, instead of Y2 D01 (see picture below).

Stock, on the other hand, correctly rolls over into Y2 D01

Because of this, DatedQuickSaves doesn't match the game, but DatedQuickSaves is actually correct. 

ka0ac9D.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.