Harvester AMA on Reddit

DMagic

If Take Two wanted KSP 2.0, I think they bought the wrong company (didn't Harvester leave long before Take Two came along?  I may be missing a few things but I thought HarvestR was out after 1.1 or so).  Although you might be tempted to call it a "prequel", although jet and rocket development happened more or less in parallel (except that early rocketeers had to disguise themselves: thus "Jet" Propulsion Laboratories, and their early "Jet" Assisted Take Off (aka solid rockets)).

"This is what I really like about supporting mods though. If we couldn't spare the manpower to add it, there was a good chance someone in the modder community was already working on it. I often thought of us in the dev team as developers supporting a mod platform, more than making a game itself."

----------

Interesting.

------------

"I don't think there's anything about making a rocket sim in Unity that is more troubling than it would be in other engines... No game engine that I know of supports 64-bit spacial resolution out of the box, so the problems we had to solve really weren't unique to Unity."

--------

For anytime someone says KSP needs a different engine and that would solve all it's problems.

Edited by klgraham1013

I'm happy to see Felipe is doing well.

His first instinct was probably correct - he should have left and made his game (KSP) on his own. Except had he not stuck around and made KSP with Squad, he may not have had the footing or the reputation or the experience to make it work. And obviously having an employer that's in the advertising business helped draw in the crowds. So sometimes it pays off to play it safe.

I'll have to check out Balsa whenever it makes its way to non-VR. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.