All hatches are obstructed--except they are not...

Before I start uninstalling mods, has anyone had this issue? I just flew all the way to the pole for my second attempt at the Race to the North Pole challenge.  I went to get out and plant my flag and was told all my hatches are obstructed.  Any ideas what is going on?

ZR05qmy.png

Could it be confused by the wings underneath??

wf5ehap.png

3 hours ago, Dark Lion said:

I do this to myself all the time...
Looks like the intakes, near the hatch, are too close to the hatch.

Another suggestion, considering you're racing to get somewhere:
Scrap the Mk2 concept. The drag is atrocious...

Well, it will do 1500....

And thanks for the advice!  I moved the engines back (along with the wings) and since the outside engines went back, I threw on two extra fuel tanks on the inboard engines.  It is a better plane all around anyway.  I just did the North Pole challenge in 24:11.

Edited by Klapaucius

4 hours ago, Dark Lion said:

Aww man! I almost had you with just one engine!  :sticktongue: 26:16
Glad you got it worked out!

The four engines is because I originally built it for the drag race challenge. The two outboard were originally Panthers for quick acceleration from a stop and the ramjets took over for the highspeed acceleration. With nearly empty tanks, it did 0-1000 mps in 19 seconds.  

In any 3D engine, you have the visual mesh (what you see) and the collision mesh (what the physics calculations use). The collision mesh is often simpler to save on processor load; in the simplest case it's a box or sphere. This can lead to a mismatch between what you see vs. what gets calculated. In this case, it means that the intake is blocking the hatch, even though visually it doesn't look that way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.