The Landing Legs & Gears Is Killing Me!

I_Killed_Jeb

@steve_v

My bad...i think it should be "i came with 0.23, then 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, before playing with 1.5 now. Difference ??? [Insert stuff here]"

Thing is...i'm F2P

Edited by GRS

On 3/27/2019 at 2:55 AM, GRS said:

It's just getting more realistic, this also means that you need to be careful in Landings, and get rid of Part Clipping in your routines, especially in weak parts.

Have you ever seen a perpetual motion machine (KSP Gear) in real life? I haven't, you haven't and no-one has. It's not getting more realistic, it's going the complete opposite direction.

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2019 at 10:46 PM, Cubivore said:

This should be #1 on the priority list for 1.7

The Breaking Ground DLC is getting hinges, and I assume we can put girders on those, so maybe we'll get the ability to make our own rigid landing legs.

On 5/14/2019 at 3:38 PM, Bej Kerman said:

The Breaking Ground DLC is getting hinges, and I assume we can put girders on those, so maybe we'll get the ability to make our own rigid landing legs.

At least they might actually work as they are supposed to then... The legs are a joke right now.. And have been for FAR TOO LONG!

on console here, so very little control over version numbers etc, since the last update small craft have got very bouncy, had a rover that essentially never stoped bouncing until it flipped and exploded, several small landers have landed then wobbled for a while, swapping back to them (mun, minmus, ike, duna so far) causes them to bounce into the air, usually flipping over

14 minutes ago, Leopard said:

on console here, so very little control over version numbers etc, since the last update small craft have got very bouncy, had a rover that essentially never stoped bouncing until it flipped and exploded, several small landers have landed then wobbled for a while, swapping back to them (mun, minmus, ike, duna so far) causes them to bounce into the air, usually flipping over

The recent update switched gear on existing craft to “override” settings. You should be able to change the settings on the gear/legs to automatic and either use that setting or then tweak the springiness.

20 minutes ago, Sky Vagrant said:

The recent update switched gear on existing craft to “override” settings. You should be able to change the settings on the gear/legs to automatic and either use that setting or then tweak the springiness.

TBH have tried manual and fiddling with the sliders (a PITA on a console) or Automatic, didn't seem to make a lot of difference and usually anything that was going to flip has done so before you can adjust it. would be better if the default was "behaive exactly as before", then the ability to tweak when that wasn't enough

as is stuff that was built, flown and landed pre-update now bounces merrily to destruction

13 minutes ago, Sky Vagrant said:

That’s a bummer. I didn’t have anything landed at the time so I got lucky.

didn't have many, wasn't expecting this update, and it being a console you get zero choice to delay installing it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.