The 1.5 Hype Train

Whirligig Girl

10 hours ago, wumpus said:

Can I keep my old "Hammer" graphics as a drop down?  Hammer based design was something I loved when I was a new kerbal player, and don't take my hammers away!

More delta-v indicators?  Is the engineer report going to include delta-v?  Pretty to include how much delta-v each burn requires if the delta-v during design is a deep, dark secret.  Although the blog implies that hitting the launch button (and reverting) may show you such things, although since you can't lay in a burn from the launch tower (one of my long standing gripes) you are unlikely to access that data.  A whole launch, lay in a burn, read the delta-v, revert to construction seems way to silly to get delta-v in unmodded KSP).

You want a hype train?  Try Balsa Model Planes.  To me, hype trains require an observable delta between old and new.  KSP is just too established and polished for much of a hype train.

I agree that it is too bad the Hammer's design is unrecognizable, though I do like the new look of "two Fleas glued together".  

I get that you're unsatisfied with the delta V readout implementation, something is better than nothing.  

"KSP is just too established and polished for much of a hype train."

6 hours ago, It'snorocketscience said:

I know most people prefer the new looks, but I hope they have an option to use the old color scheme... it's not too much to ask for, is it? I like the current look of the game right now.

Considering what happened with the part revamps in 1.4 (remember, the old 2.5m parts are still in the game) you’ll probably still be able to play with the old-style parts. Not sure about the spacesuits though.

Anyway @GregroxMun full steam ahead! 1.5 HYPE!

Not here yet. Though if you'd like @McGreggor, take a browse through the latest Devnotes in the daily kerbal. Most of the stuff is mentioned there.

As for my contribution - wow an actually probably good burn indicator! And some new shiny parts. Gonna miss the old ones a bit...

On 10/2/2018 at 5:11 PM, roboslacker said:

Stock DV? Now I don't have to slap mechjeb on everything!

If you use MJ2 and KER for all! MJ can be partless anyway and retain full functionality :)

Also, as far as we can tell so far, there’s not an actual stock readout of dV... just visuals based on it but no actual numbers. 

I'm on the hype train.

Looking forward to 1.5 and what features and tweaks the future relases may bring. 

It's looking like the much needed art revamp is finally happening properly.  Which will hopefully help attract and hold new players too.

Hyped for what ?

*excuse me, I'm shooting in my need for wheels, propellors, ships ( the sea kind ) stuff mode again . . .

I know, It's all about rockets etc. . . ^_^

Edited by Triop

Excuse me, but where is this stock DV indicators you are getting hyped for, fellow rocketeers?? It doesn't seem to load for me...

Other than that, loving the art boosts! Wishing the SRBs were less white though.

EDIT:Nvm, found it. Posting it here incase anyone else can't se

tumblr_inline_pfryttvqQy1rr2wit_500.png

Edited by Xurkitree

1 hour ago, KerikBalm said:

Are you sure that's a stock craft dV readout? it looks like a maneuver dV display, similar to what we already have.

What is the source for that image?

It's the new, improved manoeuvre node system that SQUAD showed off a few weeks ago. It's coming in 1.5.

3 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Are you sure that's a stock craft dV readout? it looks like a maneuver dV display, similar to what we already have.

What is the source for that image?

Yeah.  Not a dv readout.  Just the new burn time indicator.  Seen a few jump to conclusions on this one.

Edited by klgraham1013

15 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Yeah.  Not a dv readout.  Just the new burn time indicator.  Seen a few jump to conclusions on this one.

The new burn time indicator is explicitly based on dV calculation. It's also calculating dV in different stages for the display. They've been testing it to make sure it calculates dV at least as accurately as the dV mods that are out there.

Just by itself that's massively useful, as it'll display whether we've got enough dV for every manoeuvre, even across multiple stages.

Also it'd be more of a surprise for me if they're going to the trouble of calculating that information and don't give it to us in other places to be honest. Maybe not right away, but eventually.

7 hours ago, Jimmidii said:

The new burn time indicator is explicitly based on dV calculation. It's also calculating dV in different stages for the display. They've been testing it to make sure it calculates dV at least as accurately as the dV mods that are out there.

Just by itself that's massively useful, as it'll display whether we've got enough dV for every manoeuvre, even across multiple stages.

Also it'd be more of a surprise for me if they're going to the trouble of calculating that information and don't give it to us in other places to be honest. Maybe not right away, but eventually.

"across multiple stages"  Do you think that is why the burn is 38 seconds long but we're being told to start burning 11 seconds before the node?

On 10/8/2018 at 2:12 AM, MR L A said:
On 10/2/2018 at 9:11 AM, roboslacker said:

Stock DV? Now I don't have to slap mechjeb on everything!

If you use MJ2 and KER for all! MJ can be partless anyway and retain full functionality :)

Also, as far as we can tell so far, there’s not an actual stock readout of dV... just visuals based on it but no actual numbers. 

You don't even need an extra mod for KER. KER's settings menu includes an option to go partless.

58 minutes ago, FinalFan said:

"across multiple stages"  Do you think that is why the burn is 38 seconds long but we're being told to start burning 11 seconds before the node?

I think that's the 30% at the bottom, sets how much of the burn (in time) you want to do before/after the manoeuvre node.

Edited by Jimmidii

2 hours ago, Tyko said:

You don't even need an extra mod for KER. KER's settings menu includes an option to go partless.

I know but last time I checked the mod for MJ does the same for KER too.. despite it already being there. Though I do think it means you don’t have to alter the KER settings if you’re feeling extra lazy

1 hour ago, Jimmidii said:

I think that's the 30% at the bottom, sets how much of the burn (in time) you want to do before/after the manoeuvre node.

It's not time, it's dV. That's the whole point :)

30% of 38 seconds is 11.4 seconds, but because there's a stage in there, the game figured out that in fact 30% of the dV will be 10 (+/- 0.5) seconds of burning, not 11.4.