severedsolo

[1.8.x] ScrapYard - The Common Part Inventory 2.0 (07/12/2019)

Recommended Posts

Couple of thoughts for the Scrapyard UI in the editor: Would be handy if the part list displayed the generation of each item as well as number and uses. Think it would also be useful to have a 'sell all' button.

Btw I saw that the 'override funds' feature is listed as WIP - is there a list of the known issues for it somewhere? Have noticed some really odd irregularities in the values of sold parts, and I think there's a bug that means it can end up leaving you on negative funds upon recovering a vessel, but need to test it some more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, baldamundo said:

Couple of thoughts for the Scrapyard UI in the editor: Would be handy if the part list displayed the generation of each item as well as number and uses. Think it would also be useful to have a 'sell all' button.

It actually has that functionality, but I haven't turned it on in OhScrap! yet (soon - experimenting with OhScrap atm).

 

9 minutes ago, baldamundo said:

Btw I saw that the 'override funds' feature is listed as WIP - is there a list of the known issues for it somewhere? Have noticed some really odd irregularities in the values of sold parts, and I think there's a bug that means it can end up leaving you on negative funds upon recovering a vessel, but need to test it some more.

That I know of:

  • Causes massive lag in the editor.
  • Can be exploited for infinite funds by editing vessels in KCT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still talking about the WIP fund override mode (that despite the bugs I find more realistic than the 'regular' mode), is there any hope that a craft can built without the need of having the full amount of funds for its building, as if no used parts were available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gap said:

Still talking about the WIP fund override mode (that despite the bugs I find more realistic than the 'regular' mode), is there any hope that a craft can built without the need of having the full amount of funds for its building, as if no used parts were available?

Don't get too excited, but I'm also experimenting with pre-flight checks for another project at the moment, so it maybe that I stumble across a solution to this on the way.

(I say don't get too excited because I have 4-5 ideas buzzing around my brain at the moment and I keep flitting between them like a hummingbird rather than actually finishing one.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, severedsolo said:

Don't get too excited, but I'm also experimenting with pre-flight checks for another project at the moment, so it maybe that I stumble across a solution to this on the way.

(I say don't get too excited because I have 4-5 ideas buzzing around my brain at the moment and I keep flitting between them like a hummingbird rather than actually finishing one.)

Okay, I will patiently wait for your news. Good to know that you still have many new plans about your mods :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Wait.. so, perhaps I misunderstood... 

Can I run this mod without Oh Scrap?

You can. OhScrap depends on ScrapYard not the other way around.

The generation stuff (which I think is what you got confused about) is specifically a function of OhScrap! - there's a function I can turn on that will force ScrapYard to sort parts by generation - it's just not turned on yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All parts in recovered part inventory are shown as "Part is new". KCT treat them as NEW and does not reduce construction times... :(

What am I doing wrong?

P.S. I'm not using OhScrap!

Edited by Dr. Jet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Jet said:

All parts in recovered part inventory are shown as "Part is new". KCT treat them as NEW and does not reduce construction times... :(

What am I doing wrong?

P.S. I'm not using OhScrap!

Sounds like you aren't applying the Inventory. Click the ScrapYard icon on the toolbar (the one with a crane on it) and click "automatically quick apply"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Sounds like you aren't applying the Inventory. Click the ScrapYard icon on the toolbar (the one with a crane on it) and click "automatically quick apply"

Seems that works... Should there be anything else than buttons at the top and at the bottom in that long empty window? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

Seems that works... Should there be anything else than buttons at the top and at the bottom in that long empty window? 

Only if you have parts in the inventory and have the part selected.

If you right click on a part, and there are parts of that type in the inventory, you'd see a list of parts that you could apply (Quick Apply just bypasses that and picks one for you - as you aren't using Oh Scrap! you don't really have to worry about that too much)

Edited by severedsolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.8 Compatibility

Initial testing suggests no (new) major problems with ScrapYard - recompile will come along after the inevitable KSP 1.8.x patches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in lamens terms how does this integrate with KCT? should i be doing KCT recoveries or normal to get the parts listed so they reduce my build time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zoaz123 said:

in lamens terms how does this integrate with KCT? should i be doing KCT recoveries or normal to get the parts listed so they reduce my build time?

If you do a KCT 'recovery' -- you can recover the craft intact to the VAB or SPH to refit/refuel, etc.  If you do a standard recovery, the parts are returned to your inventory that you can use to shorten build time/cost.

[And btw it's "layman's" --as in non-specialized person... ;) ]

Edited by Beetlecat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm is it possible to let the scrapyard "repack" parachutes? It's quite annoying when you have a re-usable vehicle that uses parachutes to land, only to discover that after lift off the parachutes are still "broken".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 10:56 AM, paul23 said:

Hmm is it possible to let the scrapyard "repack" parachutes? It's quite annoying when you have a re-usable vehicle that uses parachutes to land, only to discover that after lift off the parachutes are still "broken".

To be clear here, are you doing a "KCT recovery"? Recovering the Active Vessel? - that's nothing to do with ScrapYard.

If you are building the parts again, and they aren't showing as packed then that sounds like a bug and I'll need logs/saves/etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, severedsolo said:

To be clear here, are you doing a "KCT recovery"? Recovering the Active Vessel? - that's nothing to do with ScrapYard.

If you are building the parts again, and they aren't showing as packed then that sounds like a bug and I'll need logs/saves/etc

Hmm so that's a feature of remote tech? (the part where you can "recover" used vehicles and launch them directly, without rebuilding).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 2:55 PM, paul23 said:

Hmm so that's a feature of remote tech? (the part where you can "recover" used vehicles and launch them directly, without rebuilding).

KCT - but yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi dude...thanks for the awesome mods. 

I read through most of this threat and the old threat to see if any problem is reported with using Stage recovery and scrap yard together but did not see anything except for old threat mentioning parts not being recovered.

My parts is being recovered (KCT normal recovery) fine...no problem...but I also get some of the money back for the part. So just to be clear now I got the part back to be re used and I got most of the cost of the part back. Is this normal or did I break something fiddling with the settings? 

I even tried to counteract this by setting Stage recovery to fixed amount and setting the amount to 0% of cost. As I am typing it here I thinking maybe this is more a issue of Stage recovery but maybe I am not understanding the settings correctly. This also did not work. Any advice or anybody else experiencing the same thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ScrapYard 2.0 Released

  • Recompile against KSP 1.8 / .Net 4.7.2
  • Added support for MADLAD's Install Validator
  • Added ScrapYard_ContractConfigurator to MADLAD's whitelist (MADLAD doesn't support this yet, but it will soon)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2019 at 5:15 PM, Mynhardt Kitshoff said:

My parts is being recovered (KCT normal recovery) fine...no problem...but I also get some of the money back for the part. So just to be clear now I got the part back to be re used and I got most of the cost of the part back. Is this normal or did I break something fiddling with the settings? 

Sorry, I missed this before.

Are you saying that when StageRecovery handles the recovery you are getting funds back? - that's a StageRecovery thing, but there is an (experimental) option in OhScrap to try to stop this from happening. Although now I think about it, it should probably be in ScrapYard :P thanks for the report, I'll look at this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 11:31 AM, severedsolo said:

...there is an (experimental) option in OhScrap to try to stop this from happening. Although now I think about it, it should probably be in ScrapYard :P thanks for the report, I'll look at this.

By the way of that option, are there any news on this topic?

On 8/24/2019 at 8:12 AM, gap said:

Still talking about the WIP fund override mode (that despite the bugs I find more realistic than the 'regular' mode), is there any hope that a craft can be built without the need of having the full amount of funds for its building, as if no used parts were available?

 

On 8/24/2019 at 8:14 AM, severedsolo said:

Don't get too excited, but I'm also experimenting with pre-flight checks for another project at the moment, so it maybe that I stumble across a solution to this on the way.

(I say don't get too excited because I have 4-5 ideas buzzing around my brain at the moment and I keep flitting between them like a hummingbird rather than actually finishing one.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, gap said:

By the way of that option, are there any news on this topic?

On 8/24/2019 at 6:12 AM, gap said:

Still talking about the WIP fund override mode (that despite the bugs I find more realistic than the 'regular' mode), is there any hope that a craft can be built without the need of having the full amount of funds for its building, as if no used parts were available?

Ngl I completely forgot about this, sorry mate.

Might be worth raising it as an issue on Github - I tend to go through them when doing updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,
I am using ScrapYard version 1.3.1 on ksp 1.73 with RP-1 (including KCT)
I clicked on recover vessel and got the funds back (SY did not work properly?)
then in the VAB i clicked on the SY icon and there are some parts (with no name, mysterious :/)

I can set the recovered parts to be used. (The respective parts now say "previsous uses 1" => so SY works?)

but the KCT does not change (wich is the big benefit => So it does not work at the end).

Is this not working with RP-1 ?  some strange build time formular issues? or part price problems?

Edited by nablabla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nablabla said:

Hi,
I am using ScrapYard version 1.3.1 on ksp 1.73 with RP-1 (including KCT)
I clicked on recover vessel and got the funds back (SY did not work properly?)
then in the VAB i clicked on the SY icon and there are some parts (with no name, mysterious :/)

I can set the recovered parts to be used. (The respective parts now say "previsous uses 1" => so SY works?)

but the KCT does not change (wich is the big benefit => So it does not work at the end).

Is this not working with RP-1 ?  some strange build time formular issues? or part price problems?

Could I get a log where you reproduce the issue and a copy of your save please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.