Threads of the Month - October

Deddly

Depending on where you live, today could be the 9th of Mehr, the 21st of Tishrei, August 23 or many other possibilities. My gregorian calendar, though, says it's the first of the month of October and time to highlight some of the best threads our community has to offer.

KgFnRoe.png?1

Joining me in selecting October's Threads of the Month are @Noobton, @FleshJeb, @Servo and @Vanamonde.

Who could fail to admire the patience @Triop shows as he drives from pole to pole with no quicksaves? Enjoy his record of endurance, bravery and Monty Python references:

I think something most KSP players have in common is that thought that pops up in your mind that says "What if I built a monster of a craft and got it to fly?" True, most of us have thought about it, but few have pulled off a beautiful accomplishment like @Kronus_Aerospace and his 1:1 replica of the Boeing Pelican Ultra concept. His craft took him five months to complete and includes stock rotating and moving machanisms. Just have a look at this:

This month, we will also feature a thread from new user @zyco187 who asked the community to help him escape the atmosphere. The responses to his question show what a knowledgeable, helpful and friendly community we have. Expericned KSP players might even learn something new:

Well done everyone for helping to make the forum a great source of entertainment and information. Keep up the good work and please don't forget to report any threads that you would like to nominate for next month's Thread of the Month (don't forget to tell us why you reported it in the text box that comes up after you click the report button)!

Just now, Kronus_Aerospace said:

Its an honor to have made it on here! I'm guessing that I have @Servo to thank for that. :D

It's at least partially my fault. :) Fantastically impressive project, and covers a lot of KSP engineering disciplines.

Everybody get off your butts and submit TOTMs per the OP!

On 10/5/2018 at 3:19 AM, Castille7 said:

Congratulations everyone! Nice to see the forum staying lively! 

Thanks, thumbs up to you too, love your work. :cool:

You deserve more credits than I do.

Edited by Triop

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Is the November thread in progress? It is the second and I don't see one... Not to rush you or anything, just making sure you guys didn't forget!

Patience... these things take time and folks can get busy with things.

I assure you, we haven't forgotten.  ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.