Working(-ish) rocket chess.

Inspired by this thread below, I decided to create a working chess board in KSP.

Now "working" is a bit over-zealous, but it mostly tm works. I've managed to move a pawn one square forward so far. Some notes:

1. You need to cheat it (Mod-F12) to orbit, within a few seconds, or it shakes itself apart.
  2. You should probably turn on infinite fuel and EC, or the probes may run out of electric charge, and your moves will be limited to the (limited) fuel in the tanks on the pieces.
  3. To control the knights, queens, and kings, (bum, bum, bum :) ), you need to put a Kerbal in the command seat. To do this, put some command pods on the bottom, or install TakeCommandContinued by @linuxgurugamer , or wait for KSP 1.5 when this warning will be rendered null and void. 

Without further ado, some pics, and links for some clicks! ;)

rpAXqcM.jpg

Spoiler

eGlQ9S0.png

bJmnC80.jpg

BXo1HeW.jpg

wCjaCr0.jpg

Download link: https://kerbalx.com/Kerbalstar/Chess-board 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice and square and straight and level.  I think moving pieces while in orbit is probably the best way to do it.

That said I wanna make a piece mover so I don't have to leave the runway.

Having expansion parts really makes the board look proper.

17 minutes ago, klond said:

Looks nice and square and straight and level.  I think moving pieces while in orbit is probably the best way to do it.

That said I wanna make a piece mover so I don't have to leave the runway.

Having expansion parts really makes the board look proper.

Thanks! It only works in space. That would be cool. Remember that you can always F12 it to orbit! Thanks! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.