SR-71 cockpit download link? anyone?

Does anyone know where I can find a download link for this part? Seems like its been removed from hosting website and the link is broken far as I can tell? Also what was the license for it I dont see any notice on the forum OP...or the hosting site. Much appreciated, cheers!!

@FreddyPhantom tagging you on the chance you may return one day.

Edited by Jesusthebird
Malicious website that you guys no longer use >.<

2 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

Does anyone know where I can find a download link for this part? Seems like its been removed from hosting website and the link is broken far as I can tell? Also what was the license for it I dont see any notice on the forum OP...or the hosting site. Much appreciated, cheers!!

Found a working dropbox link here:

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2018 at 12:01 PM, Jesusthebird said:

@FreddyPhantom tagging you on the chance you may return one day.

I just checked out that site it has a bunch of dead links  but on the second page about four posts down  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lqqwfvi1t6k2u7r/AAD5gJxW-xEBMWVul3vHzD2Za?dl=1  

That one worked for me.

8 hours ago, Delbrutis said:

I just checked out that site it has a bunch of dead links  but on the second page about four posts down  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lqqwfvi1t6k2u7r/AAD5gJxW-xEBMWVul3vHzD2Za?dl=1  

That one worked for me.

Yep. Ive got it already. Im now trying to figure out how I can add crew light to it. Unfortunately..i think its going to be much more problematic than i had hoped. The model is a single mesh so maybe an emissive could work. Unfortunately im not experienced with modeling..so I may be SOL...

Edited by Jesusthebird

2 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

Yep. Ive got it already. Im now trying to figure out how I can add crew light to it. Unfortunately..i think its going to be much more problematic than i had hoped. The model is a single mesh so maybe an emissive could work. Unfortunately im not experienced with modeling..so I may be SOL...

I hear you there. My OCD is demanding that all my capsules have working crew lights to be uniform! And I suck at anything Photoshop or Gimp related. "My art talent sucks" And right now I'm Struggling trying to figure out how to set up window lighting for  HGR pods. And I fear it is only going to get worse one of the things that totally killed my enjoyment of the new Making History DLC was the new engines the modelling  was gorgeous and one of the reasons I bought the DLC .  I was totally bummed out when I found out they had no nozzle heating emissive ? Now I see that 1.5 is out and the new SRB's look good but we lost the heating emmisive  for the Hammer. If Squad redoes the old engines without  the emissives then I guess they will all match.       

25 minutes ago, Delbrutis said:

I hear you there. My OCD is demanding that all my capsules have working crew lights to be uniform! And I suck at anything Photoshop or Gimp related. "My art talent sucks" And right now I'm Struggling trying to figure out how to set up window lighting for  HGR pods. And I fear it is only going to get worse one of the things that totally killed my enjoyment of the new Making History DLC was the new engines the modelling  was gorgeous and one of the reasons I bought the DLC .  I was totally bummed out when I found out they had no nozzle heating emissive ? Now I see that 1.5 is out and the new SRB's look good but we lost the heating emmisive  for the Hammer. If Squad redoes the old engines without  the emissives then I guess they will all match.       

Unfortunately its all dependent on how the modder makes the model. A stockalike model will most likely have uniform lighting colors. But it could still be a bit 'off', ive noticed that with a few cockpits compared to squads with just a slight variation of yellowing. Quiztech i think? And a few of em only give light animations to half the cockpit lol.

My ocd is more leaned towards the windows specular shader. Stock has a kinda hazy/dullness to em where most other cockpits I have,have a nice specular shader; giving a glorious reflection. And with quiztech in particular i think..one or two cockpits give a great reflection on the front half of the windows..and the back is more stockalike lol..i dont get why it was done like that..but ohh well. If I was better at modeling I would redo em myself given proper license permissions. Maybe one day :)

anyways..the kr71 was well made in stockalike fashion..but its an early ksp version model..before crew lighting was even in the game i think..but i always like to use the kr71 and mk2 inline together and at night it just looks funny when the mk2 inline lights up but the kr71 doesnt. Bah..so..since its all one mesh..itll be a bit harder to implement i think..

I dont think squad would intend to remove those emissives entirely(hopefully). Im guessing they did so so they could redo em from scratch. Or they already redid em and forgot to make emissive animations for em(durp?) I guess we'll have to wait on the next update release to find out.

Edited by Jesusthebird

3 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

I dont think squad would intend to remove those emissives entirely

Well I think those nozzle heating animations have to be baked into or set up as it were during the making of the model. Don't quote me on that as I said I'm far from a expert. I believe that's why no one has been able to fix the original Porkjet overhaul engine emissives ? Those files were released with a full set of heat emissive DDS sheats for each engine and the module call outs wer commented out in the original config files. But once the model has been exported you can't fix it in Unity without the original file. Now Squad might very well still have those original files still on there work machines ? But it's pretty much imposable to do for anyone else to fix without essentially remodelling the whole engine. I also notice when it comes to adding reflective windows its gotten much harder all the new Pods with the exception of the new MK1 seem to have there windows on a single mesh .   1MYopgn.png The mk1 is the only new pod I can get reflections working on.  The big 5 Kerbal Pod at the bottom is the TaurusHVC one of my old favourite pods. It's  been   re-released for 1.5 in the RecycledParts mod with working lights and the landing assist engines fixed. It also has a really good IVA. You might want to check it out.     https://spacedock.info/mod/1507/Recycled Parts      

34 minutes ago, Delbrutis said:

Well I think those nozzle heating animations have to be baked into or set up as it were during the making of the model.       

Thats exactly right from what i can tell. I take my knowledge from these tutorials

• 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.