Mun lander challenge

Ok so here’s the deal (very small font to fit a lot of words)

What you need to do is design a mun lander that can go to the mun and back to kerbin. (optional)  You need to have the following:

”Terrier” engine

FT-400 fuel tank (OX and LF)

Mk1 command pod

Inline reaction wheel

Extra external fuel tanks

etc. you get the idea

You also need a rocket that can get into a 75,000 meter orbit around kerbin that carries the lander

The rest you can do on your own!

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Meteor Plays

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, GRS said:

I mean seriously, 2 of us landed on TYLO, which seems to has like 5 times gravity of Mun (Me and that @sturmhauke).

A lot more than the two of you have landed at Tylo lol.

Did you just pop back in here to belittle his challenge a second time? I'm not sure that your "not-so-humble brag" helps him. Of course a basic Mun landing is pretty simple for most of the veteran players around here, but it's not unthinkable on his part that some newbies would want to get in on this challenge.

We should be encouraging new or less experienced players, not looking down or noses at them and trying to make them feel bad. I'm pretty surprised you'd come back and post a second time, a week later, after already getting a jab in at his expense. Just let the thread die peacefully if nothing else.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

K, bye, thanks for reminding, i rarely communicate, better expect me to make a fairly dishumble replies, i need to learn more of removing this damn behavior, and dont reply (you ask for it).

Edited by GRS

18 minutes ago, GRS said:

K, bye, thanks for reminding, i rarely communicate, better expect me to make a fairly dishumble replies, i need to learn more of removing this damn behavior, and dont reply (you ask for it).

The first post was you expressing your opinion on the challenge, which I have no problem with.

The second post however, I can't see any purpose for except being mean?

I mean what if @Meteor Plays never comes back to the forums, because his first attempt at a challenge got ridiculed? Wouldn't that make you feel bad? (To be fair he hasn't been back since Oct 7th which was before you posted, but still, just saying.)

Well, yes, sorry, just some animal desires of being mean, and just saying, i was building a craft and that notification sound pop up when i clicked to place a strut, and i guess this challenge can be better, maybe like "at least 1000 ton lander on Mun" i never took 1000 ton to Mun.

Anyways, so this isn't a bunch of off topic discussion; here's my entry.

I took the instructions somewhat literally so it was more challenging for me, and only allowed myself to use one Terrier engine and no other actual engines, besides boosters. She absolutely struggles to break orbit due to low TWR but she eventually pulls through.

I went to the Mun, landed, and promptly tipped it over on it's side like a complete newb lol. Given that I still had 2-3k Dv at that point though, I'm quite confident she'd make the return to Kerbin.

DF858EC06C6CC6489FF0C8D76F12FFB1C780719B

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.