Arrrrrr, TREASURE MAP !

Ahoy, mateys !

quGltAb.jpg

Well, some of you might allready know about this spot, but I'll bet a lot of you missed out on this easter egg.

The mission.

- Get a crew together.

- Give them rum.

- Go home and forget all about this secret spot . . . :ph34r:

People who didn't do the mission: Wait . . . , People who did do this mission:

1: Triop

2: Dark Lion, FleshJeb

3: swjr-swis

4:

5:

giphy.gif

Peoplo who actually went to sea:

1: Kerbollito

2:

3:

4:

5:

Edited by Triop

So I razed a crew of seedy, unscrupulous and vile villains.
Captain: meself of course! Who else?!
First mate: @FleshJeb
Deckhands: who cares?! They drink and sail like we wanted, even if they are can-headed green goblins!

Me 'n' FleshJeb saved the rum for ourselves 'til there were treasure onboard, but rations weren't to me likin! There were nearly a mutiny, else-wise, we'd a-gave 'em nothin' til shore! Good thing those green fellers got so hammered off me rum, they'll never 'member where we hid the treasure!

https://imgur.com/a/sflzRMP

See fer yerself!

Big thanks to @FleshJeb for putting most of the work into the ship, "The Brown Pearl."
I just kinda prettied it up a bit and manned the helm.:cool:

3 hours ago, Dark Lion said:

Deckhands: who cares?! They drink and sail like we wanted, even if they are can-headed green goblins!

Me 'n' FleshJeb saved the rum for ourselves 'til there were treasure onboard, but rations weren't to me likin! There were nearly a mutiny, else-wise, we'd a-gave 'em nothin' til shore! Good thing those green fellers got so hammered off me rum, they'll never 'member where we hid the treasure!

See fer yerself!

Big thanks to @FleshJeb for putting most of the work into the ship, "The Brown Pearl."

Fantastic ship XD

On 10/5/2018 at 1:46 AM, Triop said:

Well, some of you might allready know about this spot, but I'll bet a lot of you missed out on this easter egg.

The mission.

Sometimes this forum pulls a fast one on me and hides even the link to pictures or videos. I can see the Kerbin height map.. but it doesn't show anything marked on it. None of the text visible in your post explains what 'this spot' is, nor what 'the mission' is.

So I guess I'll be the spoilsport that asks the question instead of pretending I understand. What spot, and what mission, are we talking about here?

7 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Sometimes this forum pulls a fast one on me and hides even the link to pictures or videos. I can see the Kerbin height map.. but it doesn't show anything marked on it. None of the text visible in your post explains what 'this spot' is, nor what 'the mission' is.

So I guess I'll be the spoilsport that asks the question instead of pretending I understand. What spot, and what mission, are we talking about here?

I think it is in the center of the lower left ocean, looks like a simple boat.  Try looking at the image full screen

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I think it is in the center of the lower left ocean, looks like a simple boat.  Try looking at the image full screen

If you mean the 'smiley face' ocean bottom trenches south of the KSC... that's been part of the Kerbin height map for ages now. I still don't see the connection with the OP mission 'description' though.

Anyway, I went and accomplished the mission. Can I get added to the leaderboard, please?

(I think I did anyway - I seem to have no rum left and I'm home again, so I'm assuming I forgot all about it)

4 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

If you mean the 'smiley face' ocean bottom trenches south of the KSC... that's been part of the Kerbin height map for ages now. I still don't see the connection with the OP mission 'description' though.

Anyway, I went and accomplished the mission. Can I get added to the leaderboard, please?

(I think I did anyway - I seem to have no rum left and I'm home again, so I'm assuming I forgot all about it)

Actually, I meant this:

XWjMzoS.png

25 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

@Triop Is "the spot" the smile?

And "the mission" to touch it

The mission is to not go to the bottom of the smilie (deepest point on Kerbin).

Instead drink rum with friends and go home forgetting all about it.

But I can't stop anybody from going there... :ph34r:

On 10/5/2018 at 2:15 AM, Dark Lion said:

*Hic!*
Challenge accepted!
*Hic!*
Wait, what were we doing again? :confused:
I think I forgot who gets the rum...

Why weren't you on the board yet ? :lol:

Sorry matey, must have been drunk . . . :confused:

1 hour ago, Triop said:

Why weren't you on the board yet ? :lol:

If it's all the same to you, I'd sit right there with me First Mate, @FleshJeb! He and I drank through worked on the planning together to create that debacle adventure together.
But please don't include the deckhands... they refused to brawl in the pub back at berth, so we fired 'em all. ;) 

16 minutes ago, Dark Lion said:

If it's all the same to you, I'd sit right there with me First Mate, @FleshJeb! He and I drank through worked on the planning together to create that debacle adventure together.
But please don't include the deckhands... they refused to brawl in the pub back at berth, so we fired 'em all. ;) 

Noted, ARRRRR ! ^_^

On 10/5/2018 at 6:41 PM, Dark Lion said:

See fer yerself!

"Arr the captain sure do know how do get the treasure deep, don't he mateys?"

"Arr, that he does, but it be takin' him half a keg o' rum to be findin' the right spot!""

Okay after boating almost 2h I'm able to present you my successfull attempt at finding the treasure !

Ship thrown at the water's face, because it deserves it ! Being so wet and all ! Ha !

8bgxzg.jpg

Of course the crew was still sleeping in KSC's dorm and missed the launch.

mdhjkh.jpg

Going south at full speed, almost 26m/s with good wind !

ke5muo.jpg

Barbara is observing all that blue stuff around the boat while the sun takes a nap.

c5qwx4.jpg

After boating almost 2 hours the crew is stuck in the night, halfway to its destination. BUT THE GALLEY IS ONLY HALF EMPTY YAAAAR !

haae6m.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.