Jump to content
  • 0

KSP crashes after loading HELP!


Question

PC specs (toaster box)

4GB Ram

No VRAM

Windows 7 Professional 32bit

Pentium 2 cores 3.20 ghz

For some reason once I try to load up KSP, It crashes soon after it gets done loading

it does not display  a pop-up message telling me that it has crashed, or any error code what so ever

other than it plays the Windows Default error message

I have also looked through the KSP.log and have not found anything weird. 

 

I have also re-installed it by deleting the entire folder and re downloading it, I also do not have any mods

 

It actually started to close out the KSP application when I started it using the Launcher instead of the steam launcher. and I was able to change some settings using the launcher thinking the high quality meshes / textures might be a problem

 

Please tell me if anyone else having a Toaster PC has came into problems like this. 

I do not think this has anything to do with the 32bit restricting RAM to applications

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
3 hours ago, BlueComplexity said:

No VRAM

This seems to indicate you have no GPU at all, or at most an integrated one (like an Intel HD4xxx). That is the most probable cause for it not to work. Even if the integrated GPU met the minimum requirements, you would then be sharing the main RAM for video memory too, and to do that AND load the game itself, your 4GB RAM is simply not enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

This seems to indicate you have no GPU at all, or at most an integrated one (like an Intel HD4xxx). That is the most probable cause for it not to work. Even if the integrated GPU met the minimum requirements, you would then be sharing the main RAM for video memory too, and to do that AND load the game itself, your 4GB RAM is simply not enough.

I pretty sure 4gb of ram can even load the game. Though the problem with the intergrated Graphics Might be it.

 

But, How was I able to load it up a couple months ago before Private Division Bought KSP

Either they changed how KSP loads up. And or some other cause.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

That "whoops the game crashed" error is almost always Out of Memory, but without sight of your log, we are just guessing.

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The game will run in 4 gig of memory, you need to exit out of all other programs, and of course, no mods


Only if you don't have Making History installed. MH pushes it over the 4GB limit if you are running 32 bit KSP (on the Linux version at least, I haven't tried on Windows)

Edited by severedsolo
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
31 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

That "whoops the game crashed" error is almost always Out of Memory, but without sight of your log, we are just guessing.


Only if you don't have Making History installed. MH pushes it over the 4GB limit if you are running 32 bit KSP (on the Linux version at least, I haven't tried on Windows)

I wasn't aware of that, thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

You might try sticking a very lightweight persistent Linux distro onto a flash drive, booting from that, and using it just for KSP.

Is there any budget for a better PC?  You can get pretty decent, very KSP capable refurbished laptops nowadays for $100-$150.

Edited by Geonovast
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

32bit Windows will allow any application only 2GB, 3GB if you tinkered with it. The cheapest option you have would be to reinstall your Windows in 64bit with the licence key you already have. Then you could think about adding a used dedicated GPU (not for the performance, but for the additional memory) or try to add more RAM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, Harry Rhodan said:

32bit Windows will allow any application only 2GB, 3GB if you tinkered with it. The cheapest option you have would be to reinstall your Windows in 64bit with the licence key you already have. Then you could think about adding a used dedicated GPU (not for the performance, but for the additional memory) or try to add more RAM.

You can't just slap a 64 bit OS onto 32 bit hardware though.  So that's only an option if this particular computer came a 64 bit CPU and a 32 bit OS installed.  I've heard of it happening, but I think the chances are low.  Also, given the way the computer is described as a toaster... I'm guessing that it's some sort of cheap bare-bones box that's not upgradable.  We'll definitely need exact hardware specs on the PC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I've heard of it happening, but I think the chances are low.

It sounds aweful but it was actually quite common for a while to ship prebuilt systems with a 32bit Windows as long as it had 4GB or less RAM. And 64bit was available since the last iterations of Pentium 4s. And those are less capable than a toaster when it comes to actually playing this particular game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...