Do you think we should have KSP weeklies still

Do you think we should have KSP Weeklies  

28 members have voted

1. 1. ^

• Yes
    • No

Absolutely.
While I agree with @5thHorseman and @Bill Phil both, it's pretty clear there are still mixed reviews. If it aint broke, don't fix it. But if it is broken: Progress should absolutely be shown as often as possible... maybe even more frequently when the team is working particularly hard for the players.

Pride is a powerful tool-- and it works both ways here, for and against both the devs and the players. Squad should make a point to show off their works-in-progress often so the players can hose it down with feedback. Positive and negative feedback can then be readily looped back into the progress, sometimes with amazing results.

I can't imagine it takes an entire team to write the progress here on the forums either, so it's not like it's wreaking havoc on productivity...

8 minutes ago, Dark Lion said:

Absolutely.
While I agree with @5thHorseman and @Bill Phil both, it's pretty clear there are still mixed reviews. If it aint broke, don't fix it. But if it is broken: Progress should absolutely be shown as often as possible... maybe even more frequently when the team is working particularly hard for the players.

Pride is a powerful tool-- and it works both ways here, for and against both the devs and the players. Squad should make a point to show off their works-in-progress often so the players can hose it down with feedback. Positive and negative feedback can then be readily looped back into the progress, sometimes with amazing results.

I can't imagine it takes an entire team to write the progress here on the forums either, so it's not like it's wreaking havoc on productivity...

I agree.

Personally I would much rather a regular new thread, than scattering the news over the week/social media.  (I'm not saying that Squad shouldn't post news to social media, just that I'd rather check here once a week for news, especially since I don't use twitter or social media much.  And I don't really want the news spread over a dozen forum threads per week either).

5 minutes ago, AVaughan said:

Personally I would much rather a regular new thread, than scattering the news over the week/social media.  (I'm not saying that Squad shouldn't post news to social media, just that I'd rather check here once a week for news, especially since I don't use twitter or social media much.  And I don't really want the news spread over a dozen forum threads per week either).

A bit of history, that's exactly how news used to happen here years ago. People would find stuff someone from Squad had said on Reddit or Twitter or whatever, and post it here.

It really sucked.

3 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

It really sucked.

It really did, and led to a lot of confusion because people in different places were getting different information.  I'd hate to see it go back to anything close.

At the very least all information should be released on the official site (here), and if they want to release it piecemeal to other places, go ahead.

Well as long as we keep getting development news I'm happy, sounds like things will be much faster paced in the future, with game updates every 3 months and all.

I am however, a little disappointed to hear this stuff is going to be dripped out in drabs on social media sites. I mean c'mon; what kind of self respecting amateur rocket scientist is on social media? I wouldn't be caught dead on Crapbook, or Twagger, or whatever the heck it is the mouth breathing masses frequent these days.

So I guess I'll have to wait till it slowly filters back this way or get's wrapped up in one of your new "compiled newsletters?" Making us the last ones to find out about news seems like kind of a crappy way to treat your most involved and most loyal customers?

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

I do enjoy the dev updates, and if the title is interesting enough, I read the history snippets. Personally, I miss the Weekly Challenge (I never participated, but enjoyed seeing the attempts).

So I believe the KSP Weekly Update should be kept.

Also, I believe this would be better put in the Kerbal Network forum.

I'll refrain from making a judgement on that until I see what the new format is like. I'm sure they have put a lot of thought into this decision, and I think it would be unkind of me to complain about it without even seeing it. 

What I will do, though, is move this to Kerbal Network. Please try and make threads in the appropriate section, thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.