G'day from THEdragon

THEdragon

Hello everyone!

I'm THEdragon and I've been a big fan of KSP for over a month now. But, I'm going to be honest with you all, I only just started playing the game demo yesterday. However, I do plan on buying the full game in the future! In the meantime I've been interacting with small parts of the fandom, sharing art and ideas. Some of you have probably seen my comic a few days ago about the kerbonaut left stranded on Duna. That broke a lot of hearts and I'm not even sorry, but I do look forward to interacting with the KSP community some more. :)

G'day Mate, it's good to see another fellow Stralyan.

I haven't seen your comic - post a link so we can have a gander at it.

As for stranding kerbals, I'm sure just about all of us have done it at one point or another (I'd just say I colonized Duna).

Well funnily enough I happen to be from Perth, too! It's somewhat surreal meeting other Perth residents online. It's like a confirmation that this city does indeed exist.

As for the comic, this is the one. It caused quite a stir in the 24 hours after its upload to Reddit, though when I posted it to Tumblr weeks earlier it flopped and only got a couple of likes.

I try to only strand annoying, anti-social kerbals (win-win).

2 hours ago, THEdragon said:

It's like a confirmation that this city does indeed exist.

Perth not only exists, it is known in the spaceflight community as "The City of Lights" due to all the residents turning on the lights for John Glenn aboard Friendship 7 - the first American manned orbit on 20 Feb 1962.

Also NASA bombed Western Australia with parts of Skylab 12 July 1979 I know we're an English colony but I feel that was going a bit too far for Independence Day.

Edited by James Kerman
Apologies, I was mistaken about American Independence Day - the 4th July.

Haha! Maybe the debris raining down on us was a 'thank you' for turning on their lights for John Glenn! But in all seriousness, these are a couple of cool facts I hadn't known before!

And just another thing in case anyone is wondering, my icon is a 3D render of a model I've been working on the past few days. I'll make a thread about it in fanworks sometime soon.

8 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Edited 7 hours ago by James Kerman
Apologies, I was mistaken about American Independence Day - the 4th July.

It's understandable - a lot of people here celebrate that stupid holiday for a month straight.

8 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Perth not only exists, it is known in the spaceflight community as "The City of Lights" due to all the residents turning on the lights for John Glenn aboard Friendship 7 - the first American manned orbit on 20 Feb 1962.

That is really cool.  I did not know that!

Welcome @THEdragon!

Indeed that is true, unless a life support mod is installed! Though it does seem a little cruel to leave them stranded alone on a barren planet for a long time regardless. But I suppose it beats some of the other fates kerbals seem to meet!