[1.12.x] NovaPunch Rebalanced - Out of Beta

linuxgurugamer

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/14/2021 at 11:35 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Should be fine

Yes it would.  Would you be willing to write the configs for it?

Just tested it and looks like a no. It completely stops my game from loading

Sadly, I do not know how to do that :sad:

Edited by Brainpop14
More info

• 7 months later...

This is really a classic mod and I love it. Any chance you have waterfall support for those engines?

Cause if not, I have already wrote some patches to modify the majority of the engines, leaving just a few which use ModuleEngines rather than ModuleEnginesFX. I wonder if you can add those patches to this mod?

6 hours ago, mark7 said:

This is really a classic mod and I love it. Any chance you have waterfall support for those engines?

Cause if not, I have already wrote some patches to modify the majority of the engines, leaving just a few which use ModuleEngines rather than ModuleEnginesFX. I wonder if you can add those patches to this mod?

No waterfall yet (no one has offered), and please send me your patches

Thanks

On 5/7/2022 at 6:58 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

No waterfall yet (no one has offered), and please send me your patches

Thanks

You can find it here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq22_Z2fFDpnktEnBPK1T_3St9kc6w?e=B4gYif

FYI I am very new to waterfall config, and anything I wrote is completely for my taste(Building upon my understanding of the fuel type).

I am running this on 1.12.3, and most engines/boosters seem fine. Let me know if there's anything I can help!

20 minutes ago, mark7 said:

You can find it here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq22_Z2fFDpnktEnBPK1T_3St9kc6w?e=B4gYif

FYI I am very new to waterfall config, and anything I wrote is completely for my taste(Building upon my understanding of the fuel type).

I am running this on 1.12.3, and most engines/boosters seem fine. Let me know if there's anything I can help!

Got it, thanks.  I'll run a quick test later today and then release

On 5/9/2022 at 9:43 AM, mark7 said:

I did test this, they look nice, will probably be releasing it this evening

On 5/10/2022 at 9:57 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.7.2

• Thanks to forum user @mark7 for Waterfall configs

Note:  There is a problem with Spacedock right now, so it might not be uploaded for a while

Hey @linuxgurugamer,

I'm getting this MM warnings:

[WRN 23:37:19.227] 1 warning related to GameData/NovaPunch/MM_Cfgs/Waterfall/FreyjaEngine.cfg
[WRN 23:37:19.227] 1 warning related to GameData/NovaPunch/MM_Cfgs/Waterfall/FreyjaRCS.cfg
[WRN 23:37:19.227] 1 warning related to GameData/NovaPunch/MM_Cfgs/Waterfall/OdinHeatshield.cfg
[WRN 23:37:19.227] 1 warning related to GameData/NovaPunch/MM_Cfgs/Waterfall/OdinRCS.cfg
[WRN 23:37:19.227] 1 warning related to GameData/NovaPunch/MM_Cfgs/Waterfall/OdinServiceModule.cfg

And why is there a "LF-A30 Liquid Fuel Aerospike Engine (1.875m).RAR" in "GameData\NovaPunch\MM_Cfgs\Waterfall"?

Logs + MM-Cache, etc. are here: http://tancredi.nl/logs-np.zip

Edited by N3N

5 hours ago, N3N said:

I'm getting this MM warnings:

[WRN 23:37:19.227] 1 warning related to GameData/NovaPunch/MM_Cfgs/Waterfall/FreyjaEngine.cfg
[WRN 23:37:19.227] 1 warning related to GameData/NovaPunch/MM_Cfgs/Waterfall/FreyjaRCS.cfg
[WRN 23:37:19.227] 1 warning related to GameData/NovaPunch/MM_Cfgs/Waterfall/OdinHeatshield.cfg
[WRN 23:37:19.227] 1 warning related to GameData/NovaPunch/MM_Cfgs/Waterfall/OdinRCS.cfg
[WRN 23:37:19.227] 1 warning related to GameData/NovaPunch/MM_Cfgs/Waterfall/OdinServiceModule.cfg

That's a somewhat useless report.   Doesn't say what the warning is.  At the very least, you need to provide log files (Player.log), and in this case the MM logs from the Logs directory

5 hours ago, N3N said:

And why is there a "LF-A30 Liquid Fuel Aerospike Engine (1.875m).RAR" in "GameData\NovaPunch\MM_Cfgs\Waterfall"?

No idea, I didn't notice it,  I'll  unpack it and get out a new update soon

The warnings can be ignored, and I'll get it fixed for the next release

New release, 0.1.7.3

• Fixed warnings from ModuleManager about trailing colons
  • Extracted LF-A30 Liquid Fuel Aerospike Engine (1.875m) from embedded RAR file in the Waterfall patches
  • Deleted embedded RAR file

Note:  As of now, Spacedock is still having problems, get the latest release from here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/NovaPunch/releases/tag/0.1.7.3

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's a somewhat useless report.   Doesn't say what the warning is.  At the very least, you need to provide log files (Player.log), and in this case the MM logs from the Logs directory

Hey @linuxgurugamer,

I did add all the logs, MM-cache, etc in my first posting about it.

Didn't you see it, or did I do something wrong?? :/

EDIT:

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.7.3

• Fixed warnings from ModuleManager about trailing colons
  • Extracted LF-A30 Liquid Fuel Aerospike Engine (1.875m) from embedded RAR file in the Waterfall patches
  • Deleted embedded RAR file

Note:  As of now, Spacedock is still having problems, get the latest release from here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/NovaPunch/releases/tag/0.1.7.3

OK, thank you!

Edited by N3N

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No idea, I didn't notice it,  I'll  unpack it and get out a new update soon

The warnings can be ignored, and I'll get it fixed for the next release

That is probably my fault for not deleting that file. The  LF-A30 Liquid Fuel Aerospike Engine is controlled by ModuleEngines, so when applying waterfall config, it will loose engine sound for some reason. I have not find a fix yet. 

Just now, mark7 said:

That is probably my fault for not deleting that file. The  LF-A30 Liquid Fuel Aerospike Engine is controlled by ModuleEngines, so when applying waterfall config, it will loose engine sound for some reason. I have not find a fix yet. 

Oh, I just unpacked it, should I remove that config?

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Oh, I just unpacked it, should I remove that config?

At this moment I suggest that you just remove it.  That config will still take effect, creating some cool visual stuff, but the lack of engine sound of any kind is unacceptable, at least for me myself. 

I am still digging into that though, so maybe in a few days I can fix this and provide a set of new waterfall config, but thats probably a long shot. 

On the other hand, I have looked into the log file and it appeared that the warning came from the lack of "FINAL" after the config.  It should be a fairly easy fix, and probably could be ignored.

14 minutes ago, mark7 said:

At this moment I suggest that you just remove it.  

I am still digging into that though, so maybe in a few days I can fix this and provide a set of new waterfall config, but thats probably a long shot. 

On the other hand, I have looked into the log file and it appeared that the warning came from the lack of "FINAL" after the config.  It should be a fairly easy fix, and probably could be ignored.

52 minutes ago, mark7 said:

At this moment I suggest that you just remove it.  That config will still take effect, creating some cool visual stuff, but the lack of engine sound of any kind is unacceptable, at least for me myself. 

Ok, I'll do that.

Maybe I'll change the Aerospike to use ModuleEnginesFX, would that help?

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, I'll do that.

Maybe I'll change the Aerospike to use ModuleEnginesFX, would that help?

I haven't tried yet,  but indeed none of the engines with ModuleEnginesFX  is exhibiting any of the problems. 

If it's not too much of a trouble,  LF-A30, Thor descend package, Thor ascend package and Freyja engine are using ModuleEngines, and LF-A30 is lacking the 【rescalefactor】

12 minutes ago, mark7 said:

I haven't tried yet,  but indeed none of the engines with ModuleEnginesFX  is exhibiting any of the problems. 

If it's not too much of a trouble,  LF-A30, Thor descend package, Thor ascend package and Freyja engine are using ModuleEngines, and LF-A30 is lacking the 【rescalefactor】

Ok.  will take a day or so, I've already converted the LF-A30 to ModuleEnginesFX in a test install, will ge to the others before next release

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok.  will take a day or so, I've already converted the LF-A30 to ModuleEnginesFX in a test install, will ge to the others before next release

Roger that, thank you ~

I have fix a few bugs and the new waterfall patch can be found here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq22_Z2fFDpnktEo_f-pf-Wp6GVeig?e=jkv2kG

Note that the LF-A30 engine patch is included, the FX is normal, the ignition sound is normal, just lack the running sound.  I will update the patches again once you finish converting. 

Let me know if there is any bug~

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.