Skybox pop-in after sunset.

Apparently this is a stock "feature" and has been for a long time now. Im just realizing this having thought it was from a mod for the longest time. But after trying it in a stock install this issue persists. The stars dont fade into view as the sun sets and sky dims. Everything goes black for a long time after sunset. Then suddenly poof! Stars. Its become quite jarring. Has anyone heard of a potential fix for this? Or even a mod. Has Squad ever mentioned it at all?

@Motokid600

Huh. I've never seen this in stock. Then again, I typically play with Distant Object Enhancement. That should fix your problem.

---Addendum---

That's certainly... Odd...

Great, now I can't not look at it... Like thinking about your facial muscles when getting your photograph taken.

So, I guess it's a stock feature.

Edited by GearsNSuch

Distant Objects makes no change to that issue sadly. Yeah its in stock. Try advancing time and watch the sky as the sun sets/rises. The stars dont fade in/out of view. The sky is black then they suddenly pop in. Its one of those things you dont notice until you really see it.

Edited by Motokid600

1 hour ago, Dark Lion said:

TBH, I never noticed it before.

2 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Its one of those things you dont notice until you really see it.

That's what I'm afraid of.  I've never noticed it before, just that it got dark and the stars came out.  But I never noticed a dramatic transition like you describe.

I truly hope you are wrong and there is a bug on your machine, cause if it's true and I can't unsee this......  

Oops answered the wrong thread :D

Now I feel compelled to make this post valid, so am testing it myself in my stock install.

Yes. It happens. I don't know how long after sunset but it's well after all the sunset light has faded from the horizon. Maybe 10-15 minutes after the last light fades. Pop! There they are.

Edited by 5thHorseman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.