app

Adstri

It looks really cool. I don't think the Homeworld needs to be "archipelagic" at all. (EDIT: The previous sentence is mistype. I meant to say that I like the archipelago) That makes it interesting to me. It also makes for a planet where use of hydrofoils and boats is more viable.  You've got all this interesting fjords-I'm assuming there is some good altitude difference going on?

As an FYI, I've been on a something of a planet pack kick recently. I'm not so much at the moment a person who launches missions as someone who uses Mission Builder to explore alien worlds.  I love flying, so I test out aircraft and rocket planes in different gravity and atmospheric densities.  So having a few different options with atmospheres is good.  The most interesting planets are the ones that are not just variations on what is offered in the Kerbal system, but are way, way different. So, for example,Tellumno from Galileo with its 1.7 gravity and thick oxygen atmosphere.  Or Manai from Kerbol Origins with .4 gravity and lava oceans.  There was a moon, and I cannot remember its name, that had no atmosphere, but an amazing ocean with intricate underwater topography.

What I have yet to see in any planet pack is a planet that truly incorporates all the diversity seen on earth or our solar system: oceans, ice, mountains, desert, lake regions, lava, river systems, deltas, chains of volcanic peaks as you would see in the US northwest as well as long ridges , and that same topographical variance under the sea. 

I'm really looking forward to checking this out. I'm hoping when real life calms down a bit to start a series of short videos highlighting flying on the various planets with atmospheres in different packs. So, hopefully I will get to cruise around a few of yours in teh not-too-distant future.

PS. And I have to agree with @Drew Kerman. Nice texture work!

Edited by Klapaucius

8 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

very much liking the texture work here. kudos!

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

It looks really cool. I don't think the Homeworld needs to be "archipelagic" at all. That makes it interesting to me. It also makes for a planet where use of hydrofoils and boats is more viable.  You've got all this interesting fjords-I'm assuming there is some good altitude difference going on?

As an FYI, I've been on a something of a planet pack kick recently. I'm not so much at the moment a person who launches missions as someone who uses Mission Builder to explore alien worlds.  I love flying, so I test out aircraft and rocket planes in different gravity and atmospheric densities.  So having a few different options with atmospheres is good.  The most interesting planets are the ones that are not just variations on what is offered in the Kerbal system, but are way, way different. So, for example,Tellumno from Galileo with its 1. gravity and thick oxygen atmosphere.  Or Manai from Kerbol Origins with .4 gravity and lava oceans.  There was a moon, and I cannot remember its name, that had no atmosphere, but an amazing ocean with intricate underwater topography.

What I have yet to see in any planet pack is a planet that truly incorporates all the diversity seen on earth or our solar system: oceans, ice, mountains, desert, lake regions, lava, river systems, deltas, chains of volcanic peaks as you would see in the US northwest as well as long ridges , and that same topographical variance under the sea. 

I'm really looking forward to checking this out. I'm hoping when real life calms down a bit to start a series of short videos highlighting flying on the various planets with atmospheres in different packs. So, hopefully I will get to cruise around a few of yours in teh not-too-distant future.

PS. And I have to agree with @Drew Kerman. Nice texture work!

Thank you!

Yeah, I'm definite going to incorporate some diversity. I'm re-doing the homeworld so I can incorporate ALL types of biomes, and I'd like to simulate a proper climate. In fact, I'm thinking about using an 8k heightmap and the MapDecal feature. Just so I can make all of those details happen. I'm looking at real photos of different places on Earth to see if I can properly recreate that.

As for the oceans, prepare to have trenches, small islands, atolls, and other things as such. I'm also planning to have seaweed and coral.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Adstriduum

2 hours ago, Adstriduum said:

Thanks!

Thank you!

Yeah, I'm definite going to incorporate some diversity. I'm re-doing the homeworld so I can incorporate ALL types of biomes, and I'd like to simulate a proper climate. In fact, I'm thinking about using an 8k heightmap and the MapDecal feature. Just so I can make all of those details happen. I'm looking at real photos of different places on Earth to see if I can properly recreate that.

As for the oceans, prepare to have trenches, small islands, atolls, and other things as such. I'm also planning to have seaweed and coral.

Thanks for the feedback!

I just re-read my post. I mistyped. I meant to say, I don't think there is anything wrong with it being an archipelago.  I like it.  Not sure how I managed to stuff that sentence up.

10 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

I just re-read my post. I mistyped. I meant to say, I don't think there is anything wrong with it being an archipelago.  I like it.  Not sure how I managed to stuff that sentence up.

Too be honest I'm not a huge fan of it. I'm planning on making the archipelagos more localized.

Edited by Adstriduum

• 2 weeks later...