How to customize surface EVA reports?

Hey all, i was wondering how to edit / alter the texts displayed during EVA reports or when collecting surface samples, since I don't really like the standard ones - I'd love to write them myself.
Has anybody got a clue how to customize those texts? If possible, without requiring any coding skills :D

Thanks in advance :)

Hey @Locuthos, welcome to the forums!

IIRC, you should just be able to go into the .txt file pertaining to the EVA reports/surface samples (can't remember where they are -- not at my KSP computer right now) and just find and replace the default text with your own. It shouldn't require any coding skill (most config edits are pretty simple actually).

I'm not sure if that ^ mod allows you to just write your own. To do that, look for the ScienceDefs.cfg file in Gamedata/Squad/Resources. The text for each science report is technically in there, except that they have been replaced with autolocs for localization. However, you can replace each autoloc with your own real text, and then it will appear in the game (after a restart). (Also note that the science reports for planets you have not explored yet are rather spoilery.)

Edited by bewing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.