Kerbal Space Program Update 1.5 Grand Discussion thread

UomoCapra

w00t!

Now it's only 1 more month (at most) of playing in 1.4.5 before my mods update! ;) However, due to the fact that it's just a few texture changes, it should be faster.

Oh also, just one q:

Is it possible to use the old textures as well? (I really liked some of them, especially the MK1 pod)

Edited by TeslaPenguin1

2 minutes ago, AngryKitty said:

Performance is significantly reduced using the same craft files on the same hardware (2018 MacBook Pro). Yesterday with 1.4.5, smooth as butter. Today with 1.5, it's like watching a slideshow.

Annnnnd reverted.

And i thought they optimazed the game....

5 minutes ago, AngryKitty said:

Performance is significantly reduced using the same craft files on the same hardware (2018 MacBook Pro). Yesterday with 1.4.5, smooth as butter. Today with 1.5, it's like watching a slideshow.

Annnnnd reverted.

Care to share one of your craft files to test it?

4 minutes ago, AngryKitty said:

Me too. The updated parts are pretty and all...but it's just not playable for me at the moment.

Well the parts are nice but they dont fit to well with the other ones.....Like the MK 1 chute with the MK 1 pod....

Edit:And when are we getting new planet? The last one was Eelloo that was made more tan 2 years ago.

Edited by KerbolExplorer

7 minutes ago, ArrrThePirate said:

Care to share one of your craft files to test it?

Sure thing! They're all stock; I don't use parts mods.

Here's my standard rocket: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=44805362086263057665

And my usual basic SSTOhttp://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=45826836552084951113

It's pretty sluggish on the KSC screen as well. Takes a second or two between hovering the mouse over a building and seeing the highlight effect.

37 minutes ago, AngryKitty said:

Sure thing! They're all stock; I don't use parts mods.

Here's my standard rocket: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=44805362086263057665

And my usual basic SSTOhttp://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=45826836552084951113

It's pretty sluggish on the KSC screen as well. Takes a second or two between hovering the mouse over a building and seeing the highlight effect.

Do you have the original craft file by chance? This is not compatible with 1.4.5 :(

59 minutes ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

w00t!

Now it's only 1 more month (at most) of playing in 1.4.5 before my mods update! ;) However, due to the fact that it's just a few texture changes, it should be faster.

Oh also, just one q:

Is it possible to use the old textures as well? (I really liked some of them, especially the MK1 pod)

The previous mk1Pod is still there in GameData, you could unhide it if you want to return to it, we also stored a number of the deprecated parts in GameData/Squad/zDeprecated for those interested

2 minutes ago, Psycho_zs said:

Ha, new tanks have the same part names as deprecated tanks, so they just override them by order. Removing *Deprecated dirs uncovered new tanks.

Ones where it was a direct replacement have the same part names yes

Just now, TriggerAu said:

Ones where it was a direct replacement have the same part names yes

Is this the reason I don't have the new FL-T100 or its variants?

Are you going to fix the 1.5 release in the KSP Store or do I have to fix the files myself so that parts are properly ordered in the directories?

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

Reading that thread, I wouldn't expect any action till SQUAD receives a save file that reproduces the problem, since a member of their QA staff already tried on his own and didn't experience it. 

Well..... don't get me into the QA debate again. I'm not paid for thath job. KSP is not early access since years. If they expect customers to do their job instead of playing other games, good luck with that.

BTW, thanks for the answer, would have been  nice to read an answer from SQAD guys. I appreciate that you took the time to read the thread and reply.

Edited by DoToH