suspensionColliderName = piston_collider

suspensionDistance = 0.95
        suspensionOffset = -0.95        
        maximumLoad = 40.0
        targetPosition = 1.0            
        springRatio = 6
        damperRatio = 1.5
        boostRatio = 0.7

Stock settings for LT-2. I already tried to mess with those and did not have a good experience. Don't know what to do with those setting to make the legs fixed so there is no suspension.

4 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

Stock settings for LT-2. I already tried to mess with those and did not have a good experience. Don't know what to do with those setting to make the legs fixed so there is no suspension.

Change the spring and damper ratios to zero to make them fixed. 

18 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

Stock settings for LT-2. I already tried to mess with those and did not have a good experience. Don't know what to do with those setting to make the legs fixed so there is no suspension

AFAIK Unity WheelColliders do not function without suspension.  They need the spring/damper physics to provide data to the rest of the simulation code.

All that will happen if you set 'spring' to zero is that it will compress all of the way, and end up resting on whatever colliders are present in the rest of the model.

On 10/19/2018 at 8:58 AM, Johnny Wishbone said:

First, I'm happy to report that 1.5.1 has addressed the aero issues I was having. My planes actually glide again as they did in previous releases

I think it has less drag then previous versions. I've tried an MK3 spaceplane which uses Nertea's Cutlass engines from NF Aeronautics and the old patch to make it use LH2 instead of liquid fuel. The plane used to work ok in 1.4, in 1.5.1 it can go fast enough during ascend to blow the nose due overheating (not complaining though)

Edited by juanml82

7 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

AFAIK Unity WheelColliders do not function without suspension.  They need the spring/damper physics to provide data to the rest of the simulation code.

All that will happen if you set 'spring' to zero is that it will compress all of the way, and end up resting on whatever colliders are present in the rest of the model.

Correct. I had tried setting it to 0,0 long ago and the results were as you said. I also agree that there is currently no way (that I'm aware of) to make those legs fixed. Or at least, no one has posted a successful cfg that did it and I have not been able to. I'm surprised this is not a big deal. Apparently I'm one of the few who hate the landing bounce so much, they even bring it up. I'm still stymied why the FASA LEM legs behave the way they do with no bounce. Comparing the settings, they are structured quite different and I don't know how to translate one to the other.

Edited by MikeO89

11 minutes ago, MikeO89 said:

Correct. I had tried setting it to 0,0 long ago and did as you said. I also agree that there is currently no way (that I'm aware of) to make those legs fixed. Or at least, on one has posted a successful cfg that did it and I have not been able to. I'm surprised this is not a big deal.

I actually include a 'rigid suspension' option for landing legs if you use KSPWheel + the (unsupported) stock part conversion patch.  Basically turns the off the suspension and replaces it with standard colliders, while still allowing for animated retract/deploy.

https://github.com/shadowmage45/KerbalFoundries2/tree/master/KerbalFoundries-Patches/Stock

(the patches are 'unsupported' as I've never had a chance to go over them for balance reasons; many of the 'max load' ratings/etc need to be adjusted; they are functional though and seem to work aside from balance issues)

4 minutes ago, Hummingbird Aerospace said:

wait... w0t?

The parts look nice, i'm just worried how they will look along the not-revamped parts.

Its just that i am so used to the old parts. Maybe in the future there will be a way to change texture packs, kind of like Minecraft. 

This is not the first update with revamped parts and I doubt it will be the last. I suspect that the emphasis on the next updates (those that are expected to have a 3-month release schedule) is to have all parts revamped.

I’m not speaking with any authority or source here, this is merely speculation but I doubt Squad is happy with a mix of old-style and new-style parts, and it makes a good, visible element on top of bug fixes.

@Kerbart Maybe it's just me paranoid of change. Does anyone else have similar opinions?

Oh yeah, we also really need something like a Duna tutorial or a mk1 payload bay. Maybe some sort of environmental visual enhancements mod will even be incorporated in! The new parts still look cool, they just may take a little adjusting to.

Edited by Hummingbird Aerospace

20 minutes ago, Hummingbird Aerospace said:

@Kerbart Maybe it's just me paranoid of change. Does anyone else have similar opinions?

I am paranoid of change in this game. For me personally, things have been going down hill since version 1.3.1. I would still be playing that version except for I can't play the craft I build with it cause too many parts are no longer compatible.  After 1.3.1, they changed one of the single most important things to me, the RCS thruster plume. It was a big deal for me as sometimes changing a small thing can totally change the game experience (like when they changed the RCS thruster and retro rocket sounds after 1.4.3). Progress is a "B" for this game, confounded with, if you use mods. It's why I save my versions, I never know what to expect.

Edited by MikeO89

1 hour ago, Hummingbird Aerospace said:

Will it retain it's original textures?

Thanks for the response.

Yes, it should, AFAIK. I haven’t tested that yet, but old parts are supposed to be deprecated and hidden, but still there for crafts that use them. I believe that it’s the same for textures

I´m having a lot of fun with the new "paintings", specially the "dark" option on the fuel tanks. Man, those are cool!
-The changes on the trails on the Map Screen are pretty cool, as well.
-And now Valentina is happy at the mais screen! :-D
-I can´t say the new faces are beautiful, but personally I like them most than the previous "all-the-same".
-In my opinion, both the new and the old suits are very nice, but I´m VERY happy that the "original four" kerbonauts can actually dress their orange suit on atmospheric EVA.
-Finally, besides all the good changes (that didn´t seem to slow down the game on my notepad), the other good part on these updates is that, for relative new players like me (I´ve started in Kerbal only in july/18), if one filters by "last update" the mod on the mais page, is easy to get to know other cool mods just as they maintainers uptdate them.

Thank you Squad and thank you modders!

1 hour ago, Burning Kan said:

@Mr. Gonkwill this be useable in game??? in far future??

neh. I'm building these assets for standalone animated cinematics of my own. I'm not affiliated with squad in any way. The images I embedded took half an hour each to render their reflections to the quality that you see. I can't imagine the game running at 2frames per hour. 

Edited by Mr. Gonk

Has anyone else experienced much longer load times since the update? I've been building a ship of 100 parts and it will take a good 2 minutes loading up the craft, and then back into the SPH, and also back to the KSC overview and even back to the main menu. It also got worse the longer I played. 

I only have one active ship and no mods so something has gone wrong somewhere! 

Previously it was fine, only a few seconds to load anything. I have a 4770k overclocked and 8GB RAM

Edited by Stewcumber