Real mission into space

Rocketscience101

I had a dream a few nights ago. I was on a space station, and there was a large room that you could jump around in. So ever since then, I have been researching the cost, and any other way to get to the International Space Station. Right now, for about a month stay, it costs about $50 million dollars. I don't have that money. So I am asking the developers, and people of several different forums and places, to help me. I am not asking for the money, I am asking for support from you guys, and I will, wear a patch if I get into space of larger companies, and will make make mentions of people who help me out the most. I know I said I am not asking for money, but I do need it. So if you would like to donate you can. Right now I don't have any place for you to send in money though, so please do not ask were to send it. That will come up soon. But I will let you guys know when I have a place set up. I know this is a hole ton of money and a very hard thing to do, but that has not shaken me, it has given me hope, because it is possible to do, and I plan on doing it.

Yeah, access to space is going to get a lot cheaper in the next 50 years. Planetary Resources mining bid (fuel and materials), Bigelow Aerospace's man-rated inflatable station modules, and Virgin Galactic/x-prize related ascent methods.

I would like to respectfully point out that this OP isn't just saying "I'll go, pay for me!"

He's asking companies to sponsor him, a completely legitimate thought.

Now, I'd suggest he's being a bit optimistic (I doubt a patch on a uniform would be enough for a company to get excited about sponsoring an astronaut), but that's no reason to hassle him!

OP isn't just saying "I'll go, pay for me!"

Allow me to call your attention to:

So I am asking the developers, and people of several different forums and places... I know I said I am not asking for money, but I do need it. So if you would like to donate you can.

There's no harm in asking others to foot the (ENORMOUS) bill for something frivolous from which they will not benefit, but it is kind of ballsy. And more importantly, it's pretty darn funny. Also,

Right now I don't have any place for you to send in money though... That will come up soon.
So we're not only expected to give him our money, we're I guess supposed to make a mental postit reminding ourselves to give him our money at some future point. Now come on, that's comedy!

Right now I don't have any place for you to send in money though, so please do not ask were to send it. That will come up soon. But I will let you guys know when I have a place set up.

Oh darn, I was going to send $15 million, but there is no place to send it to. Oh well, guess I'll just give it away to the next person who asks for it on the internet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.