Part Upgrades

FungusForge

36 minutes ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

I _think_ you can poke around the Swivel engine's cfg, which iirc, has upgrades... Please report back, I'd be interested! 

I don't think the stock Swivel has upgrades.  PorkJet's part overhauls added upgrades to several engines, including the Swivel, but that's not the case in stock.

@FungusForge, if you just want to get a look at what a config for a part upgrade looks like, you can check it out in my mod BetterSRBs.  There are two parts to it.  There is a UPGRADES node in the part cfg, and then in a separate file is a PARTUPGRADE node.  You can find examples in the files KSP_stock.cfg and Upgrades.cfg.

One caveat with part upgrades is that they only work in Career mode (and I presume Science mode, though I haven't tried it).  That's because the upgrade is linked to a technology.  In sandbox mode we'll just get the original part specs with no upgrades.

3 hours ago, OhioBob said:

One caveat with part upgrades is that they only work in Career mode (and I presume Science mode, though I haven't tried it).  That's because the upgrade is linked to a technology.  In sandbox mode we'll just get the original part specs with no upgrades.

They work in Science Mode too...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.