[1.12.x] Dang It! Continued

linuxgurugamer

This is the thread for the new release of Dang It! Continued

DANG IT!

A random failures mod for KSP

Install it using CKAN!

CKAN is the awesome package manager for KSP.

The new version for KSP 1.4.1 has new dependencies

New Dependencies

CKAN has been updated to install the dependencies, if needed.

Or install manually.

SpaceDock:  http://spacedock.info/mod/1055/Dang It! Continued

Source Code:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/DangIt

License:  GPLv3

Donations gratefully accepted

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Javascript is disabled. View full album

saRHWr7.png

PJpEBfJ.png

Having problems / questions? There's a WIKI! With explanations, troubleshooting, and... well nothing much really.

INCOMPATIBLE WITH:

Mod Effect
FAR Control surfaces won't fail
Procedural Parts Procedural tanks are not recognized

What is this?

It is a mod that will cause the parts on your ship to fail randomly, and you will need to repair them before you can use them again. Be careful... some failures might be relatively harmless, but others might seriously ruin your day. The more you use a part, the less reliable it will become: so don't be too throttle happy with those mainsails!

This mod requires Module Manager to function: it will also target ANY part mod that you have installed. (As long as some conditions are respected)

My thanks to @Coffeeman, who graciously gave me permission to merge his Entropy addon into this mod.  The original thread for Entropy is here: 

What's changed in the latest update?

•     Updated ModuleManager to 2.7.3
  •     Updated WheelMotor.cfg & Wheeltire.cfg, changed ModuleWheel to ModuleWheelBase
  •     Added WheelMotor
  •     Added WheelTire
  •     Fixed glow to work even when going EVA
  •     Added ability to enable or disable failure mode for each type of module
  •     Fixed bug where switching to vessel in flight wouldn't properly initialize the popup buttons
  •     Updated the Radial bay to only allow access if it is opens
  •     Added spare parts to cargo bays
  •     Added code so that any cargo bay with parts will have to be open before accessing the parts
  •     Added DeployableAntenna
  •     Removed requirement for the Community Resource Pack, but is still compatible with it
  •     Following are from Entropy, originally by @Coffeeman 
  •         Added Parachutes
  •         Added Motors (Animations)
  •         Added Generators
  •         Added Solar Panels
  •         Added SRBs

• Compatible with KSP 1.2.1 
  • Added config file for the Snacks! parts

Unfortunately at this point nothing is refunded for having bought upgrades to Kerbal Experience. Sorry! (You can hack your funds up, it's ok, you have my permission  )

Credits

The original mod was written by @Ippo

A large amount of work was done by @Coffeeman

Report a problem on the issue tracker

Edited by linuxgurugamer

13 minutes ago, razark said:
34 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Compatible with KSP 1.0.2

Umm...

LOL

Page is under construction, I fixed that.  As you can tell, it was mostly a copy/paste for now

18 minutes ago, millahhhh said:

I'm thrilled to see this mod being resurrected! Should be a very fun weekend mixing this into my hard mode career.

I usually release on Sunday, but I'll see if I can get this out on Friday

YES! I have had my eye on this since 1.0.5. Didn't get the chance to try it before updating to 1.1. I never thought it was going to be updated. Thanks so much.

Edit: How exactly do you download this? The manual installation link leads you to the wiki page. Clicking the 'code' button at the top of the github page takes you to an older version. Thanks.

Edited by Benji13

7 hours ago, Benji13 said:

YES! I have had my eye on this since 1.0.5. Didn't get the chance to try it before updating to 1.1. I never thought it was going to be updated. Thanks so much.

Edit: How exactly do you download this? The manual installation link leads you to the wiki page. Clicking the 'code' button at the top of the github page takes you to an older version. Thanks.

He said he's releasing either Friday or over the weekend.

9 minutes ago, monstah said:

Ha, I never played with one of these mods. Seems fun!

Reading the wiki, I noticed parts can fail more frequently when temperature is high. What about electronics and fuel-related hardware failing at extremely low temperatures, too?

Boy, you are really a glutton for punishment.

Assuming I can solve a license issue, I'll probably be merging Entropy into DangIt sometime in the future, and will then have options to be able to specify which, if any, module groups can and cannot have failures

48 minutes ago, monstah said:

Ha, I never played with one of these mods. Seems fun!

Reading the wiki, I noticed parts can fail more frequently when temperature is high. What about electronics and fuel-related hardware failing at extremely low temperatures, too?

Ummm, define "low" temperatures.  I don't know how cold things get in the game, not sure if it's worth it.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi Everybody.

Guess what?  I lied!

Just released DangIt! 0.7.0 on SpaceDock and Github, OP will be updated in a couple of minutes

unacceptable!

Also, the spacedock forum link links to the middle of the thread.

p.s.

ty

edit: MM is outdated.

Edit2: Now that antenna no longer use animate generic, you could probably make the new module deployable antenna fail,no?

Also, I would be tempted to add in checks for crew capacity to the ModuleLight & ModuleReactionWheel patches.

Lastly, the spareparts patch still seems to do the weird cost setting behavior.

Double lastly: ModuleWheel is now ModuleWheelBase.

You also seem to be missing the spare parts container by Daishi (one of the universal storage guys).

Thanks again for doing this.:)

Edited by Deimos Rast