[1.12.x] Dang It! Continued

linuxgurugamer

19 minutes ago, APlayer said:

I do run x64, and I have the window grayed out as well. But that is only on a new save, changing the difficulty in an existing one works. Although I have not had any failures too, but I was not playing much since installing Dang It! (seriously, maybe two launches or so).

So... does it work on x64?? It has to. Doesnt even make sense for it not to. I mean, its 1.2.1 compatible...

New update.  Fixes bugs, including the grayed screen when starting a new game:

• ## Release 0.7.1
  • Updated ModuleManager to 2.7.3
  • Updated WheelMotor.cfg & Wheeltire.cfg, changed ModuleWheel to ModuleWheelBase
  • Added WheelMotor
  • Added WheelTire
  • Fixed glow to work even when going EVA
  • Added ability to enable or disable failure mode for each type of module
  • Fixed bug where switching to vessel in flight wouldn't properly initialize the popup buttons
  • Updated the Radial bay to only allow access if it is opens
  • Added spare parts to cargo bays
  • Added code so that any cargo bay with parts will have to be open before accessing the parts
  • Added DeployableAntenna
  • Removed requirement for the Community Resource Pack, but is still compatible with it
  • Following are from Entropy, originally by coffeeman
  •         Added Parachutes
  •         Added Motors (Animations)
  •         Added Generators
  •         Added Solar Panels
  •         Added SRBs
  • ## Release 0.7.2
  • Fixed settings for new game
1 hour ago, Dentar said:

I read somewhere it is not compatible with KSP-x64.

I run x64, and do see a options window for Dang it! under Difficulty Options in the Settings menu, but its grayed out...

Yes, it is compatible with x64, and the latest update fixes the options

3 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Just discovered this mod. Looks freaking sweet!! Definitely going to make the game more interesting, for sure. Just wanted to know if there were any known compatibility issues with this mod and others.

Cheers and thanks to the dev team!

Ummm, read the OP

First off, I'm super excited this mod is being revitalized; it's definitely one of my favorites.

I'm having a few issues - just created an all-Stock game with DangIt and ModuleManager and still having the same problems.

1. Part prices are crazy high - like $40K for the Mk1 pod, $400K for a simple plane that should cost a few tens of thousands.
  2. All parts, like every single one, even in mods, has SpareParts capacity with 15 loaded by default.
  3. While looking for the cause of 1 & 2 found a typo in SpareParts.cfg, line 153, "ModuleCargoBay" instead of "ModuleCargeBay"

My log file here in case you need it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67267813/KSP.log 

17 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

yes. here is a standard config. The only issue (as I see it) is no units of measurement. I'm sure they're mentioned in the deeper code, but I don't know off hand. Some can be inferred. Not sure on LifeTime though

The MTBF and Lifetime are measured in hours

10 minutes ago, ZeroReactivity said:

First off, I'm super excited this mod is being revitalized; it's definitely one of my favorites.

I'm having a few issues - just created an all-Stock game with DangIt and ModuleManager and still having the same problems.

1. Part prices are crazy high - like $40K for the Mk1 pod, $400K for a simple plane that should cost a few tens of thousands.
  2. All parts, like every single one, even in mods, has SpareParts capacity with 15 loaded by default.
  3. While looking for the cause of 1 & 2 found a typo in SpareParts.cfg, line 153, "ModuleCargoBay" instead of "ModuleCargeBay"

My log file here in case you need it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67267813/KSP.log 

Try deleting that last section in the SpareParts, re. the cargo bay, it should go back to normal

Sorry, that was a new section, I'll have to figure out why it is going crazy

Edited by linuxgurugamer

8 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Try deleting that last section in the SpareParts, re. the cargo bay, it should go back to normal

Sorry, that was a new section, I'll have to figure out why it is going crazy

Yep, deleting that section fixed everything. Thanks!

(well, craft designed while that bug was in are price-borked, but no biggie) I know just enough MM syntax to know I don't know what's wrong with your def, but hopefully it's an easy fix.

26 minutes ago, ZeroReactivity said:

Yep, deleting that section fixed everything. Thanks!

(well, craft designed while that bug was in are price-borked, but no biggie) I know just enough MM syntax to know I don't know what's wrong with your def, but hopefully it's an easy fix.

Fixed in 0.7.3, just finished uploading it

Part prices are still way too high for my liking and (MK1 Pod is over $10,000 with no spare parts added). Personally, I'd like the parts that can hold spare parts (i.e. command pods) to be the same price as stock when they are empty and increase in price as you add the spare parts resource. I haven't been able to figure out how to edit the SpareParts.cfg file to achieve that.

Edited by Epiphanic

35 minutes ago, Epiphanic said:

Part prices are still way too high for my liking and (MK1 Pod is over $10,000 with no spare parts added). Personally, I'd like the parts that can hold spare parts (i.e. command pods) to be the same price as stock when they are empty and increase in price as you add the spare parts resource. I haven't been able to figure out how to edit the SpareParts.cfg file to achieve that.

Yes, I'll keep working on it.

@Deimos Rast pointed this out to me, and submitted a patch, I thought it was fixed.

I don't mind having an additional cost, but it should be 3150 more, which should make the cost 3750.  It's over 10k, so I'll have to do some digging about it

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Deimos Rast pointed this out to me, and submitted a patch, I thought it was fixed.

I don't mind having an additional cost, but it should be 3150 more, which should make the cost 3750.  It's over 10k, so I'll have to do some digging about it

There are also some massive cost increases in other areas, like engines.  You're probably already hard at work here, but I sampled a few part costs at random in Vanilla vs Dangit installed.

Vanilla / DangIt!

Pods and People
MK1 Command Pod: 600 / 11250
Hitchhiker Storage Container: 4000 / 16600

Engines:
Lv-T45: 1200 / 6000
LV-909: 390 / 1560
Mainsail: 13000 / 65000
Twin Boar:  17000 / 85000
LV-N "Nerv":  10000 / 40000
Mamoth Engine: 39,000 / 195,000!
Ion Drive: 8000 / 16000

RV-105 RCS:  620 / 1240

Fuel Tanks:
FL-T800 Fuel tank: 800 / 1600
PB-X150 Xenon Container: 3600 / 7200

Power:
Gigantor: 3000 / 6000
Fuel Cell: 750 / 2250
RTG: 23300 / 46600

Parachute:
Radial Parachute:  400 / 800

I haven't used DangIt in at least a year, so I'm sure some price increase is intentional, but things like the Mammoth Engine going up to 195000 looks like that bug @Demos_Rast mentioned.

DangIt was one of my all time favorite mods, so Its great to see you resurrecting it.  Keep up the great work.

I found the problem, and fixed it:

0.7.4:  Fixed problem with each additional module added to the parts was increasing the cost of the part by the part cost.

In other words, if the base cost of a part was (after the modulemanager ran) 4000, the final cost in the editor was 12000

it's fixed.

I'm not sure which is more delightful -- that you're in an updating frenzy on this -- one of my favorite mods -- or that CKAN is somehow keeping up with all your releases -- in near-real-time!

Maybe the latter is more astonishing than anything else :)

57 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I found the problem, and fixed it:

0.7.4:  Fixed problem with each additional module added to the parts was increasing the cost of the part by the part cost.

In other words, if the base cost of a part was (after the modulemanager ran) 4000, the final cost in the editor was 12000

it's fixed.

Thanks for your help. I downloaded the mod and it appears to be working as intended.

Bloody hell. Im trying to decrease the # of mods im running, not increase it :/

Thanks for updating this one, always loved it. 

One of the fondest memories i have of ksp is with this running, having to eva out real fast to fix something towards the peak of a launch.

2 minutes ago, thrandisher said:

Bloody hell. Im trying to decrease the # of mods im running, not increase it :/

Thanks for updating this one, always loved it. 

One of the fondest memories i have of ksp is with this running, having to eva out real fast to fix something towards the peak of a launch.

I did reduce the number of mods.  I included Entropy with it :D

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

just to be clear: my patch wasn't aimed at the cost issue, as I don't understand its'' cause. My patches were just updating a few modules and adding in checks, nothing major. All I know is SpareParts.cfg plays a role, but it seems incomplete, and I dislike pulling the trigger without a full picture, so to speak.

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

10 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

just to be clear: my patch wasn't aimed at the cost issue, as I don't understand its'' cause. My patches were just updating a few modules and adding in checks, nothing major. All I know is SpareParts.cfg plays a role, but it seems incomplete, and I dislike pulling the trigger without a full picture, so to speak.

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

Not a problem, I did find and fix the issue.

I probably got confused since you were the first to mention it.

Thanks for your help

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hmm, well i am seeing a problem right now, which is probably on my side. With dangit installed, it seems the game stops loading once it gets to the mod pathfinder, when i remove dangit, it loads up fine.  Takes me about 5 minutes to load up, which is normal for me, so its been slow in testing.  Pretty sure its probably something on my part but i figured id just say somthing.

Heres a log at and the end is where KPS hangs up on loading.

KSP Log

Output Log With dangit and hanging

Gonna watch a tv show then ill mess with it some more. 

3 minutes ago, thrandisher said:

Hmm, well i am seeing a problem right now, which is probably on my side. With dangit installed, it seems the game stops loading once it gets to the mod pathfinder, when i remove dangit, it loads up fine.  Takes me about 5 minutes to load up, which is normal for me, so its been slow in testing.  Pretty sure its probably something on my part but i figured id just say somthing.

Heres a log at and the end is where KPS hangs up on loading.

KSP Log

Output Log With dangit and hanging

Gonna watch a tv show then ill mess with it some more. 

I actually had the same issue with hanging on loading Pathfinder  (DangIt 0.7.2 version I think) and got rid of Pathfinder - didn't realize it was a conflict with DangIt.

Allright, I've confirmed this, and fixed it.

## Release 0.7.5
    Fixed problem where more than one Module of what was being looked for caused InvalidOperationExceptions, due to 
    the fact that the Linux Single() function throws that error if there is more than one

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Next release will have a multipler for the MTBF and Lifetime, so you will be able to shorten or lengthen the failures

Man, you're awesome. I never thought a human could be as overclocked as you are! :P

Seriously, thanks a lot for maintaining all those mods!

After some trial and error I threw together a Module Manager config to bring the prices of command pods back to stock levels if no Spare Parts are loaded. The adjustments are based on the default price of Spare Parts in the in Dang It! and the total storage capacity of the command pod. Because the price changes are hard-coded, changing the storage capacity or price per spare part would mess it up. If others have a better way of doing it, I'd be interested to know. I'd figure I'd share it in case others want it.

// Config to bring command pods back to stock base price for Dang It! //

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[1]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 2520
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[2]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 5040
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[3]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 7560
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[4]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 10080
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[5]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 12600
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[6]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 15120
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[7]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 17640
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[8]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 20160
}

@PART[Mk1FuselageStructural]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 7560
}
// Add to all cargoe bays
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay],!MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing],~name[RadialBay]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 7560
}