[1.12.x] Dang It! Continued

linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

unacceptable!

Also, the spacedock forum link links to the middle of the thread.

Fixed, thank you

edit: MM is outdated.

I wan't aware, but not going to update just for this.  Next version, Thanks

You also seem to be missing the spare parts container by Daishi (one of the universal storage guys).

I had contacted @Daishi to confirm permission, will be in next release (yes, he replied)

Edit2: Now that antenna no longer use animate generic, you could probably make the new module deployable antenna fail,no?

Also, I would be tempted to add in checks for crew capacity to the ModuleLight & ModuleReactionWheel patches.

Lastly, the spareparts patch still seems to do the weird cost setting behavior.

Double lastly: ModuleWheel is now ModuleWheelBase.

This release was to have a functioning, same as the old, release.

ModuleWheel has been updated to ModuleWheelBase for the next release. I'm going to be merging in the Entropy mod with this, that will add the following:

• SRBs
  • All animations
  • Generators
  • Parachutes
  • Solar panels

I'm also adding a resource definition, so that the CommunityTechTree is not a dependency anymore.  The local SpareParts won't be added if the CCT is there

What sort of checks for crew capacity would you check for in ModuleLight and ModulereactionWheel?

and I'm looking into the spareparts patch cost setting behavior

Can you explain the specific behavior you are referring to?  

Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Fixed, thank you

I wan't aware, but not going to update just for this.  Next version, Thanks

I had contacted @Daishi to confirm permission, will be in next release (yes, he replied)

This release was to have a functioning, same as the old, release.

ModuleWheel has been updated to ModuleWheelBase for the next release. I'm going to be merging in the Entropy mod with this, that will add the following:

• SRBs
  • All animations
  • Generators
  • Parachutes
  • Solar panels

I'm also adding a resource definition, so that the CommunityTechTree is not a dependency anymore.  The local SpareParts won't be added if the CCT is there

What sort of checks for crew capacity would you check for in ModuleLight and ModulereactionWheel?

and I'm looking into the spareparts patch cost setting behavior

Can you explain the specific behavior you are referring to?  

I made the following changes locally, and I can submit a PR if you'd like (but it took maybe 5 minutes).

Regarding the cost: if you look at the SpareParts patch, it has a cost offsetting behavior (I believe the spare parts?). It should probably reference the unit cost in the resource definition, so it updates if it changes. Also, in the past (and forgive me, it's been awhile since I've used this), I seem to remember costs sometimes going negative on parts that were adjusted. I posted about it in the old thread, as did some others, so I'll dig around and see if I can find those posts. (My original post is here)

Battery.cfg: Changed ModuleEngines to ModuleEngines*
Lights.cfg: Added check for CrewCapacity (thinking that you don't want command/crew parts to fail)
RCS.cfg: Changed ModuleRCS to ModuleRCS*
ReactionWheel.cfg: Added check for CrewCapacity (thinking that you don't want command/crew parts to fail)
Tanks.cfg: Added :FIRST in hopes of getting the patch in before fuel switchers delete resources (otherwise we'll have to rewrite the patch)
WheelMotor.cfg: Changed ModuleWheel to ModuleWheelBase
WheelTire.cfg: Changed ModuleWheel to ModuleWheelBase

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel],~CrewCapacity[*],!MODULE[NoFailureModules]]:FOR[DangIt]
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleLight],~CrewCapacity[*],!MODULE[NoFailureModules]]:FOR[DangIt]

Edited by Deimos Rast

1 minute ago, Deimos Rast said:

I made the following changes locally, and I can submit a PR if you'd like (but it took maybe 5 minutes).

Regarding the cost: if you look at the SpareParts patch, it has a cost offsetting behavior (I believe the spare parts?). It should probably reference the unit cost in the resource definition, so it updates if it changes. Also, in the past (and forgive me, it's been awhile since I've used this), I seem to remember costs sometimes going negative on parts that were adjusted. I posted about it in the old thread, as did some others, so I'll dig around and see if I can find those posts.

Battery.cfg: Changed ModuleEngines to ModuleEngines*
Lights.cfg: Added check for CrewCapacity (thinking that you don't want command/crew parts to fail)
RCS.cfg: Changed ModuleRCS to ModuleRCS*
ReactionWheel.cfg: Added check for CrewCapacity (thinking that you don't want command/crew parts to fail)
Tanks.cfg: Added :FIRST in hopes of getting the patch in before fuel switchers delete resources (otherwise we'll have to rewrite the patch)
WheelMotor.cfg: Changed ModuleWheel to ModuleWheelBase
WheelTire.cfg: Changed ModuleWheel to ModuleWheelBase

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel],~CrewCapacity[*],!MODULE[NoFailureModules]]:FOR[DangIt]
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleLight],~CrewCapacity[*],!MODULE[NoFailureModules]]:FOR[DangIt]

Go ahead and submit the PR, thanks

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi Everybody.

Guess what?  I lied!

Just released DangIt! 0.7.0 on SpaceDock and Github, OP will be updated in a couple of minutes

This, sir, is absolutely awesome news!

You never cease to amaze me, by how many mods you manage to maintain. If I may make a suggestion... One thing still not yet offered by any mod, is antenna failure. Could you try to add that in the Entropy merging update?

(EDIT: Sorry, I hurried too much posting that - just saw it has been suggested already.)

Thanks a lot for taking so much of your time for all the mods!

Edited by APlayer
Corrected myself

11 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I just downloaded Dang It! to try it out and it changed the MK1 Command Pod's cost to $15,000 (up from $600). I looked around the Module Manager configs and didn't see anything that would adjust it so much. The SpareParts.cfg only increases the cost by $3,150 (if I understand it correctly).

There also doesn't seem to be a tweakable slider when you right-click on the command pod to adjust the number of spare parts.

It's obviously a small fix by editing the Module Manager configs, but I'm still trying to figure out what to edit.

41 minutes ago, Epiphanic said:

I just downloaded Dang It! to try it out and it changed the MK1 Command Pod's cost to $15,000 (up from $600). I looked around the Module Manager configs and didn't see anything that would adjust it so much. The SpareParts.cfg only increases the cost by $3,150 (if I understand it correctly).

There also doesn't seem to be a tweakable slider when you right-click on the command pod to adjust the number of spare parts.

It's obviously a small fix by editing the Module Manager configs, but I'm still trying to figure out what to edit.

@linuxgurugamer

This is what I meant by "weird cost behavior".

@Epiphanic it should be tweakable. Do you have CommunityResourcePack (not sure if you need it in this version, but you will eventually)?

it's best not to edit resource definitions. Try making a patch out the the second part of the below snippet (the @RESOURCE_DEFINITION bit)

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
   name = SpareParts
   density = 0.00378
   flowMode = NO_FLOW
   transfer = NONE
   isTweakable = true
   isVisible = true
   unitCost = 12.6
	volume = 1
}

@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[SpareParts]:NEEDS[DangIt]
{
	%isTweakable = true
}

@linuxgurugamer

This is what I meant by "weird cost behavior".

@Epiphanic it should be tweakable. Do you have CommunityResourcePack (not sure if you need it in this version, but you will eventually)?

it's best not to edit resource definitions. Try making a patch out the the second part of the below snippet (the @RESOURCE_DEFINITION bit)

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
   name = SpareParts
   density = 0.00378
   flowMode = NO_FLOW
   transfer = NONE
   isTweakable = true
   isVisible = true
   unitCost = 12.6
	volume = 1
}

{
	%isTweakable = true
}

The current version needs the CRP, but the next version will not

I got the patch @Deimos Rast, thanks.  Will hopefully get something out later today, if I have time

Just now, Deimos Rast said:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
   name = SpareParts
   density = 0.00378
   flowMode = NO_FLOW
   transfer = NONE
   isTweakable = true
   isVisible = true
   unitCost = 12.6
	volume = 1
}

{
	%isTweakable = true
}

I do not have CRP installed. Would I need that to make this Resource Definition config file?

5 minutes ago, Epiphanic said:

I do not have CRP installed. Would I need that to make this Resource Definition config file?

No, as DangIt should have the resource defined somewhere on its own (I don't have the current version in front of me it would seem). You won't need CRP till next version it seems.

Yes.

Edited by Deimos Rast

No, as DangIt should have the resource defined somewhere on its own (I don't have the current version in front of me it would seem). You won't need CRP till next version it seems.

Actually, that's backwards.

DangIt did NOT have the resource defined.  I've added it, will be there in the next release.

So, until the next release, you WILL need the CRP

4 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

you're double listed on spacedock as DangIt and DangIt Continued, if you didn't already know. That's going to cause some headaches.

http://www.spacedock.info/mod/1054/Dang It!

http://www.spacedock.info/mod/1055/Dang It! Continued

I know, it's because I put the wrong name.  Once CKAN isupdated, I'll be deleting the first one

2 hours ago, Errol said:

It there still the boost to MTBF with an engineer right click action called "inspect part" or something to that effect in this? How is it calculated?

yes. here is a standard config. The only issue (as I see it) is no units of measurement. I'm sure they're mentioned in the deeper code, but I don't know off hand. Some can be inferred. Not sure on LifeTime though.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[IntakeAir]],!MODULE[NoFailureModules]]:FOR[DangIt]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEngineReliability

// Annual Failure Rate: 100%
        MTBF = 8760

// Engines must decay *VERY* quickly compared to other parts
        LifeTime = 15

// Amount of spare parts needed to repair the part
        RepairCost = 10
		// Fraction of the age that is discounted when repairing (from 0 to 1)
		RepairBonus = 0.1

// Amount of spare parts needed for preemptive maintenance
		MaintenanceCost = 2

// Fraction of the age that is discounted when doing maintenance (from 0 to 1)
		MaintenanceBonus = 0.3

// Duration of the inspection bonus, in seconds
        InspectionBonus = 120

// Set to true to suppress all notifications about this module
		Silent = false

Priority = HIGH

PerksRequirementName = Engineer
		PerksRequirementValue = 3
    }
}

It seems that i'm having problems with this mod and others. I'm using KSP steam version 1.2.1 and after installing this mod and joining the game, i cannot see any evidence of this mod being installed properly. I've played for a while now and i haven't had any part failures. It doesn't show up on the right where all the mods should. Can anyone help me please?

Much appreciated.

6 hours ago, Foxie325 said:

It seems that i'm having problems with this mod and others. I'm using KSP steam version 1.2.1 and after installing this mod and joining the game, i cannot see any evidence of this mod being installed properly. I've played for a while now and i haven't had any part failures. It doesn't show up on the right where all the mods should. Can anyone help me please?

Much appreciated.

I read somewhere it is not compatible with KSP-x64.

I run x64, and do see a options window for Dang it! under Difficulty Options in the Settings menu, but its grayed out...

6 hours ago, Foxie325 said:

Much appreciated.

23 minutes ago, Dentar said:

I read somewhere it is not compatible with KSP-x64.

I run x64, and do see a options window for Dang it! under Difficulty Options in the Settings menu, but its grayed out...

I do run x64, and I have the window grayed out as well. But that is only on a new save, changing the difficulty in an existing one works. Although I have not had any failures too, but I was not playing much since installing Dang It! (seriously, maybe two launches or so).