linuxgurugamer

[1.8.x] Dang It! Continued

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Epiphanic said:

After some trial and error I threw together a Module Manager config to bring the prices of command pods back to stock levels if no Spare Parts are loaded. The adjustments are based on the default price of Spare Parts in the in Dang It! and the total storage capacity of the command pod. Because the price changes are hard-coded, changing the storage capacity or price per spare part would mess it up. If others have a better way of doing it, I'd be interested to know. I'd figure I'd share it in case others want it.


// Config to bring command pods back to stock base price for Dang It! //

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[1]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 2520
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[2]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 5040
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[3]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 7560
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[4]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 10080
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[5]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 12600
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[6]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 15120
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[7]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 17640
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[8]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 20160
}

@PART[Mk1FuselageStructural]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 7560
}
// Add to all cargoe bays
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay],!MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing],~name[RadialBay]]:FOR[DangIt]:AFTER[DangIt]
{
	@cost -= 7560
}

 

 

Ummm, to a certain extent, you are changing the intent and scope of the mod and the resource.

I'll add this as a disabled, optional config so that if anybody want it, they can have it.  A better way would be to be able to adjust the cost on the fly, which is rather difficult given the way the game loads the parts.  If I can solve the loading problem related to something else, I may be able to do that here as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, to a certain extent, you are changing the intent and scope of the mod and the resource.

As I understand it, the scope of the mod adds the possibility of part failures and breakdowns with the introduction of a new resource (Spare Parts) to remedy those failures and breakdowns. I don't understand why the base cost of parts (no Spare Parts added) has to be different. I haven't changed anything with respect to the specifications of Spare Parts or any other defaults. If there's a gameplay rationale for why this mod should change the base costs, I'm interested to hear it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Epiphanic said:

As I understand it, the scope of the mod adds the possibility of part failures and breakdowns with the introduction of a new resource (Spare Parts) to remedy those failures and breakdowns. I don't understand why the base cost of parts (no Spare Parts added) has to be different. I haven't changed anything with respect to the specifications of Spare Parts or any other defaults. If there's a gameplay rationale for why this mod should change the base costs, I'm interested to hear it.

But now you have to add the cost for a parts storage bin.

Not a big deal.  The original mod had it this way, right now I'm not changing that part of it.  But. I just figured out how to change the costs on the fly, so might be able to add this as a configuration option in the future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

But now you have to add the cost for a parts storage bin.

Not a big deal.  The original mod had it this way, right now I'm not changing that part of it.  But. I just figured out how to change the costs on the fly, so might be able to add this as a configuration option in the future

Fair enough. I'd still make the argument that adding a storage bin shouldn't make the MK1 Command Pod cost about 5x as much. And at that point we're just arguing about what's a reasonable line to draw. I'm not sure why the original mod made the decision to price it that way (and I certainly don't expect you to change it), but I thought it was a bit much. For now, I'll just pretend that there was already a utility cupboard in all the pods and the Kerbals decided to just throw their junk in them in case they'd be useful.

I just thought I'd share my simple config in case others felt the same way I did.

If in a later version of this mod you make my personal adjustments superfluous, great!

Thanks for all your hard work.

Edited by Epiphanic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Epiphanic said:

Fair enough. I'd still make the argument that adding a storage bin shouldn't make the MK1 Command Pod cost about 5x as much. And at that point we're just arguing about what's a reasonable line to draw. I'm not sure why the original mod made the decision to price it that way (and I certainly don't expect you to change it), but I thought it was a bit much. For now, I'll just pretend that there was already a utility cupboard in all the pods and the Kerbals decided to just throw their junk in them in case they'd be useful.

I just thought I'd share my simple config in case others felt the same way I did.

If in a later version of this mod you make my personal adjustments superfluous, great!

Thanks for all your hard work.

I don't have any large feelings one way or another.  I thought well enough of your file to add it as an optional config, if anyone want it.

I'm going to look at the ability to change the costs on the fly specifically because of what you brought up.

So, I'm sorry if it came across a bit harsh.  It wasn't meant to, and you had good input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries. You didn't come across as harsh. I just wanted to share my thoughts on trying your mod out. As the creator/maintainer you get final say to what gets put in or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello.

May I have a request for major feature?

It would be great to have an option to link malfunctions likelihood to first flight in a given situation and science experiments performed, so first time achieving orbit without gravity scan or first time enter into atmosphere without temperature and pressure scans would be high risk flights, next flights would have lower risk and with corresponding experiments performed would be low risk flights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, W_Z said:

Hello.

May I have a request for major feature?

It would be great to have an option to link malfunctions likelihood to first flight in a given situation and science experiments performed, so first time achieving orbit without gravity scan or first time enter into atmosphere without temperature and pressure scans would be high risk flights, next flights would have lower risk and with corresponding experiments performed would be low risk flights.

I agree.  It would be a major and great feature.

When are you going to code it?

Probably only needs about 1-2 months of solid work.

If I sound sarcastic, I am.  What you just asked for is a huge job, with a huge amount of unknowns involved.

There is another mod called TestFlight which does some of what you ask, but it hasn't been updated to 1.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. If You say so. From my perspective of knowing very little to nothing about KSP modding it looks like KSP stores information about first time flight achievements and/or invoke such an event, so it should be a few checks to determine Dang It roll factor including this, space vehicle state and science experiments state through simple table.

Edited by W_Z
sorry for the typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, W_Z said:

Ok. If you say so. From my perspective of knowing very little to nothing about KSP modding it looks like KSP stores information about first time flight achievements and/or invoke such an event, so it should be a few checks to determine Dang It roll factor including this, space vehicle state and science experiments state through simple table.

Anyway, you've gotten me interested in Test Flight, which will do a lot of what you want.  If I can get it going, then I might be able to integrate the two mods together in some manner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the probability of this is very low, but in the offchance that there are some coders out there that wouId like some ideas or suggestion about what to add to this mod, i'd suggest finding out if you can make it so one failure increases the likelihood of another failure somehow related to the first one to take place. I can't think of any examples because i don't know how far this mod goes in terms of how many different failures there can be, but maybe it's doable and hopefully relatively easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing some research on this mod I came across a video that showed a panel where you could see the Kerbal skills but I don't have any Dangit! icon in my toolbars- is there some way to access this?

Also, I have no idea why I am using this mod :P Are we all crazy here?

Just in case I chicken out later, does removing the mod affect active vessels in any way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

Doing some research on this mod I came across a video that showed a panel where you could see the Kerbal skills but I don't have any Dangit! icon in my toolbars- is there some way to access this?

Also, I have no idea why I am using this mod :P Are we all crazy here?

Just in case I chicken out later, does removing the mod affect active vessels in any way?

Removal is not recommended, suggest you keep a seperate install for this.

Video link please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

Doing some research on this mod I came across a video that showed a panel where you could see the Kerbal skills but I don't have any Dangit! icon in my toolbars- is there some way to access this?

Also, I have no idea why I am using this mod :P Are we all crazy here?

Just in case I chicken out later, does removing the mod affect active vessels in any way?

because people like a challenge and this  mod is very kerbal, no?

I know there used to be a panel/button, with settings in the KSC screen. I suspect that it needs to be updated to use the new toolbar UI stuff. I really have no idea. I must confess I haven't quite worked up the courage to add this to my current save (everything is going so well for once!).

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Removal is not recommended, suggest you keep a seperate install for this.

Video link please?

there used to be a button that allowed you to set alarm volume levels and disable dangit in game, and do other settings related things. It was in the top left of the KSC screen iirc. Not very helpful, I'm sure.

Also, more importantly, this triggers me.:0.0:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/DangIt/blob/master/source/DangIt/Data.old/Sounds/kmarx.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

because people like a challenge and this  mod is very kerbal, no?

I know there used to be a panel/button, with settings in the KSC screen. I suspect that it needs to be updated to use the new toolbar UI stuff. I really have no idea. I must confess I haven't quite worked up the courage to add this to my current save (everything is going so well for once!).

there used to be a button that allowed you to set alarm volume levels and disable dangit in game, and do other settings related things. It was in the top left of the KSC screen iirc. Not very helpful, I'm sure.

Also, more importantly, this triggers me.:0.0:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/DangIt/blob/master/source/DangIt/Data.old/Sounds/kmarx.png

Dang It settings are now in the game settings, under custom.

That video showed a Dang it crew manager, I don't think that's been in dang it for a while now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, @linuxgurugamer you truly are on a roll... seems just about all of my recent mods in my current game are yours now ha!  Thanks so much for the hard work!  Can't wait to get this installed when I get back to my home machine.

Thanks again!

EDIT:  Was going to ask if you had a donation link, found one in a google docs link in your sig.  Is that the current and best?

Edited by be77solo
added donation question for great work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, be77solo said:

Wow, @linuxgurugamer you truly are on a roll... seems just about all of my recent mods in my current game are yours now ha!  Thanks so much for the hard work!  Can't wait to get this installed when I get back to my home machine.

Thanks again!

EDIT:  Was going to ask if you had a donation link, found one in a google docs link in your sig.  Is that the current and best?

Yes, that is current.

Most of the Spacedock pages have the list, and I think I have it on all of the threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just released 0.7.6:

  • Added MTBF multiplier
  • Added Lifetime multipler
  • Moved some items around in the settings window

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2016 at 9:26 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Make sure you credit @Ippo in the OP :wink:

I was hoping to go scots-free for all the bugs :P

Really, a big THANK YOU to @linuxgurugamer. You rock man! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's probably too much to ask, but it'd be great if someone checked in with the Telemachus dev (tcannonfodder) and help him continue Telemachus to 1.2.1, probably also by adding more stuff to it. Unfortunately, i have little to no experience with coding, because otherwise i'd do it myself but since i believe it's one of the best mods that goes with DangIt!, especially for multiplayer purposes, i think someone would be up to the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possible bug report:

  • Battery short circuited. Expected behavior.
  • Alarm sounded briefly, then stopped. Expected behavior.
  • Every time I switch to the map mode and back to the flight scene, the alarm plays again. Unexpected behavior.

I suppose I could just disable the alarms completely (I can do that right?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Possible bug report:

  • Battery short circuited. Expected behavior.
  • Alarm sounded briefly, then stopped. Expected behavior.
  • Every time I switch to the map mode and back to the flight scene, the alarm plays again. Unexpected behavior.

I suppose I could just disable the alarms completely (I can do that right?).

Are you using the current version, this is an (I think) an old bug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you using the current version, this is an (I think) an old bug

Using 0.7.6, the latest.

It also seems you cannot turn the alarm off completely (volume goes down to 1, not 0).:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.