[1.12.x] Dang It! Continued

linuxgurugamer

So far the mod has been working. I've had two failures - a leaky tank and a shorted battery.

The problem is that the leaky tank set off an alarm - NBD, I clicked the tank and disabled the alarm.

The battery... not so much. Every time I go to the map screen and back, it plays an alarm. Doesn't even matter if I'm controlling a different SHIP. I can see the battery highlighted red, but when I right-click it there's no 'disable alarm' function. This is just a standard battery stack too, not a modded one.

Edit: Had a second battery fail, this time in the Stayputnik. Same problem. Maybe related to batteries?

Edited by Frostiken

On 10/9/2018 at 11:41 PM, Frostiken said:

So far the mod has been working. I've had two failures - a leaky tank and a shorted battery.

The problem is that the leaky tank set off an alarm - NBD, I clicked the tank and disabled the alarm.

The battery... not so much. Every time I go to the map screen and back, it plays an alarm. Doesn't even matter if I'm controlling a different SHIP. I can see the battery highlighted red, but when I right-click it there's no 'disable alarm' function. This is just a standard battery stack too, not a modded one.

Edit: Had a second battery fail, this time in the Stayputnik. Same problem. Maybe related to batteries?

Fixed in current release

3 hours ago, Kroslev Kerman said:

I am saying the Booster decouplers and the Upward Decouplers will not work like example the decouplers are Explosive bolts and lets say the explosive bolts dont explode so thats what i mean by failure on those

I don't think I can do that now.  Right now I'm getting ready for the 1.5 updates, which is going to take me a while

• 1 month later...

Just now I had a problem of RCS thruster breaking, getting fixed, instantly breaking again upon use, getting fixed again, and then again breaking as soon as it thrusts. As far as I understand reliability in the mod this should not occur on the time span of three minutes.

It also reproduces after switching back to space center and then back to ship again. As soon as you want to use thruster it breaks again and no amount of fixing prevents it.

Edited by Corovaneer

Sort of the same problem as Frostiken I think? Any way to mute an alarm when the "mute alarm" button is gone?

I switched away from a craft after it had a failure on a battery with "reserves" (from some other mod), without realising, and now the alarm goes off every time i come back into looking at any craft.

Using 0.7.18.1

Edited by SmarterThanMe

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @linuxgurugamer, I have another problem with this mod.

Anything - and I mean **ANYTHING** - that ModuleManager adds SpareTools to (service bays are the worst offenders for some reason) turns the part into laggy FPS hell if I pull it off the part menu on the VAB and stick it anywhere in the editor view.

The second I removed the module manager configs, the lag went away on all the parts.

I'm currently troubleshooting and will update as needed.

Update: I commented out the SpareParts configs on the module manager and the problem went away. Very odd.

Edited by Frostiken

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hello @linuxgurugamer 

today i had an extriam amount of faliurs

after un docking all rcs and rocket motors fail

in total i had 20 rcs and 9 engians fail in fast socsesion 
is this an expected behavoiur?

its repetebel if i use f9, can be avoided if i f9->go to ksc-> back to space station->undock

log file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wn2obslvcxil8a/‏‏output_log - oscrap3.7z?dl=0

i closed KSP. opend, jumped to station, undocked and exit after the last engean failed 

thanks

edit

this is a log from the same game and point in time but i removed ~70% of my mods
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dz4pggd3rr223oh/‏‏output_log - dangit-minmod.7z?dl=0

Edited by danielboro

• 1 month later...

I tried Dang It! on a clean install of KSP v1.6.1 with the required dependencies, and it doesn't seem to be working properly. The mod loads and I can edit the difficulty settings, but the in-game UI only shows the "Multiplier Entry" window (current modifier, edit additional modifier, enter decrease per minute) and none of the parts seem to be changed at all to reflect the mod. Also the part tool tips don't include any buttons to cause failures for testing. I would love to use this mod for 1.6.1, as I have 60+ mods working on this version already, so please let me know if I can help you in any way.

1 hour ago, Codapop said:

I tried Dang It! on a clean install of KSP v1.6.1 with the required dependencies, and it doesn't seem to be working properly. The mod loads and I can edit the difficulty settings, but the in-game UI only shows the "Multiplier Entry" window (current modifier, edit additional modifier, enter decrease per minute) and none of the parts seem to be changed at all to reflect the mod. Also the part tool tips don't include any buttons to cause failures for testing. I would love to use this mod for 1.6.1, as I have 60+ mods working on this version already, so please let me know if I can help you in any way.

You can start by providing a link to the log file

• 2 months later...

Noticed an extremely minor (negligible?) issue, and not one specifically with the mod, but with the CKAN listing, which is that the forum link in the mod's metadata is bad. This link is given: http://hhttps//forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/178973-141-dang-it-continued/

Obviously, it's pretty easy to get the real link from that, but if you care to have it fixed, there you go. :P

On 4/1/2019 at 4:39 PM, 3x01 said:

When I press the #$! button when in Space Centre scene or in flight, I get a GUI for "additional modifier" and "decrease per minute." What are they and what do they do?

I find it easier to manage this mod from it's UI in the difficulty menu. There are more options and even tooltips over the sliders.

2 hours ago, TeddyBearBonfire said:

Noticed an extremely minor (negligible?) issue, and not one specifically with the mod, but with the CKAN listing, which is that the forum link in the mod's metadata is bad. This link is given: http://hhttps//forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/178973-141-dang-it-continued/

Obviously, it's pretty easy to get the real link from that, but if you care to have it fixed, there you go. :P

Thats actually in the .version file, ill get it fixed soon.  Thx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/5/2019 at 2:20 PM, MaxThrustGaming said:

I am just wondering if anyone is having a issue with Dang It! on the new breaking ground DLC.  I am having part  failures, but my kerbals can not grab spare parts from the storage.  Any ideas?

Similar problem I think, I'm not seeing spare parts storage on any of the modules. Malfunctions are working correctly, I loaded up KSP, Making History and Breaking Ground with Dangit as the only mod and had the same problem.