KSP store for merch is gone!

EdwardB3020

2 hours ago, razark said:

Is that something Squad has control over now?  Or would merchandising rights fall under Take Two's purchase?

By my understanding, Squad no longer owns any part of KSP or Kerbals, having sold the property to Take-Two Interactive. Therefore, it is solely up to Take-Two to make merchandise happen as they're now the only people who can legally do so.

This comes up from time to time since Take-Two's purchase over a year ago, and the only "official" word we have received so far is that it's being worked on. That was said by Squad's PR person quite a while ago, and I've never seen any official word from Take-Two themselves.

I'm a bit surprised, really. Take-Two has proven time and again that they love money much more than they love delievering a good product, so over-priced, cheaply-manufactured, licensed merchandise seems like the kind of thing they would love to send your way.

Idiotic. The person at take two who is charged with keeping one of their eyes on this ball blinked at the wrong time. 

This is a sales channel and product line that doesn’t suffer from software bugs. It’s a slam dunk for profit if it’s managed even slightly well. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2018 at 10:02 PM, Wallygator said:

This is a sales channel and product line that doesn’t suffer from software bugs. It’s a slam dunk for profit if it’s managed even slightly well. 

It's my opinion that we are seeing a "Not done here" kind of decision. The new guys on the TTI handling this have no personal interest on saving a good idea made by the previous 'Management" - they want to succeed using their own ideas, so they would have the credit.

It's how people works , and you get what you promote. Companies that favor "Xmas Bonus" as rewarding usually face this kind of stunt regularly.

note: This is a personal opinion based on previous experiences - I have no idea on what's really going on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.