Any programs for Mac that have the paintbucket tool?

DAL59

On PCs, there is a free app called paint that has something called the paintbucket tool, which I assumes would be a basic functionality of any painting program.  However, on my Mac, I have been unable to find a paint app that is not $20 and has the paintbucket tool.  I have downloaded three programs so far but none of them have the paintbucket tool:mad:!  Anyone know a Mac program with a paintbucket tool?

Another one I've found pretty useful is Gravit Designer. You can find it (for free) on the app store.

And no, it doesn't have in-app purchases or anything. They make their money off of (optional) cloud storage.

I think it has a paintbucket...

It's amazing how complex and photo-shoppy basic free graphic editors are getting, yet finding one that still does simple stuff like make a circle or re-size a selection is getting harder.

MSPaint is the only thing I miss about running Windows.  Even the newer versions of that are getting too shiny.  I would so run a VM of Windows XP just for MSPaint, since it refuses to run in WINE.

Pinta has been the most friendly so far I've found.  Has a bucket and a Mac version.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:35 AM, Geonovast said:

Pinta has been the most friendly so far I've found.  Has a bucket and a Mac version.

It works great, but I can't seem to use the text tool.  I can get a narrow textbox to appear, but none of my words show up, and whenever I type most characters, it shortcuts to another tool.

16 hours ago, DAL59 said:

It works great, but I can't seem to use the text tool.  I can get a narrow textbox to appear, but none of my words show up, and whenever I type most characters, it shortcuts to another tool.

Working fine for me in the Linux version.  Just click the text tool, click in the picture, and start typing.  Dunno what to tell ya. 

On 10/18/2018 at 10:25 PM, DAL59 said:

Have you tried Paintbrush?

It's all but an excellent one, but it has a textbox option available.

25050_1514300996_scr.jpg

(Now, I haven't used it for a long, looooong time, so I'm not absolutely sure it will be what you are looking for)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.