Lets talk about the new update.....

Is it me or does this update feel "Incomplete".There are parts that got an overhaul but other parts that are meant to go with that didnt get the overhaul and now crafts seem like a mess.

Heres what i mean:

xm9WzPi.png

The MK 1 chute looks completly out of place with the pod.

Aswell the hammer and flea engine....

feQ8EhZ.png

(Sarcasam alert)

Oh squad i absolutly love how you took 2 unique engine models and made a new one for the hammer and said Lets cut the hammer in half!...Yeah that`s the flee engine we whanted!.....Really squad?The flee engine is literaly the hammer cut in half!.

Really this update is really boring and a bit pointless.No one asked for a part revamp.The closet thing in saw that some asked for a part revamp was I that asked for a revamp on the kerbals suit(Which I like how they turned out).But people have been asking for ages for multiplayer....Better graphics....Updates on the console version......new stuff to explore.....more planets.....new game mechanics....you named it.

29 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

Really this update is really boring and a bit pointless.No one asked for a part revamp.The closet thing in saw that some asked for a part revamp was I that asked for a revamp on the kerbals suit(Which I like how they turned out).But people have been asking for ages for multiplayer....Better graphics....Updates on the console version......new stuff to explore.....more planets.....new game mechanics....you named it.

But uhhh..... some of the players did actually ask for a part look revamp. You know, to make it look more consistent and better. I will say the new parts are at least consistent, perhaps a bit bland I agree.

As for your other suggestions as to what they should have done

- Multiplayer has been beaten to death at this point and is currently without a good solution for the whole timewarp problem. Unless you can come up with a brilliant uncompromising way to do so, I think its gonna stay dead.
 - Better graphics in what sense? Visual packs exist that already provide this. And KSP isn't really played for graphics is it? In fairness too the current graphics aren't horrible.
 - Yeah I can agree with console updates. But as many people said, that was an outsourced thing, not something done internally by squad.
 - I can agree with more stuff to actually do. But what would you suggest for this? (this goes for new game mechanics too)
 - What'll happen is basically look shiny new planet! oh its boring again. Its not particularly novel at that point.....

6 minutes ago, qzgy said:

- What'll happen is basically look shiny new planet! oh its boring again. Its not particularly novel at that point.....

Change a bit the planets?....Add caves,A bit of a terrain overhaul like make duna not be a giant desert like every single planet in this game is?More ester eggs like remains of alien civilizations?....Maybe they could make a small story throught science definitions at these sites.

10 minutes ago, qzgy said:

- I can agree with more stuff to actually do. But what would you suggest for this? (this goes for new game mechanics too)

Carrer overhaul like making science make a bit more sense(because right now its just like "Thanks to this rock on the mun we can make a nucler engine!" It should be something that takes time and funds.Maybe it could be that the RyD research 10 science points per day for 1000 funds.I think that would make more sense?

Specifically about multiplayer, I don't see why not implement some sort of compromise. Because the nature of gameplay becomes radically different in multiplayer, as you don't experience only the game itself, but the interaction with other players become as important, if not more important, than the game content and its rules. With that in mind, I honestly don't see why devs can't limit time warp for multiplayer, since those interactions will happen in real time only. KSP multiplayer is an expanded sandbox. HyperEdit complements it and, in some scenarios, supplements the limitation in time warp. AS much as I love the devs, I can't help but think they are misinterpreting what multiplayer means for KSP.

As for the 1.5 update, we have to consider the bug fixes too. Bug fixes are never irrelevant. Even though it_brake_muh_mods.exe , I can wait until they get fixed. Squashing bugs is more important. But, personally, I quite enjoyed the part revamp, although I have to agree that it needs to be followed through on other parts for the sake of aesthetic coherence.

Edited by BadLeo

1 hour ago, JoaquinJAR said:

its me or the aerodynamics system now doest works like before?

A lot of people have said that.I flew an Osprey but i didnt found any changes.

I take back what i said i just tested the  Pika 1 and it needed the whole runway to take off,It never did that:huh:

Actually it flies a LOT WORSE

Edited by KerbolExplorer

i cant test my best plane because i made it in a save with kopernicus and at it is outdated i dont want to break the save file,

but i just dont know why the aerodynamic center thing is at the tail of the plane! even that the main wings are bigger than the winglets

and they are in the center of mass

6 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

Is it me or does this update feel "Incomplete".There are parts that got an overhaul but other parts that are meant to go with that didnt get the overhaul and now crafts seem like a mess. (...)

I for one am happy with a visual overhaul of the parts and surely I’m not the only one. With each update craft start to look as if they’re made from parts that belong together and I think that is a good thing. Yes, the origins are in “found by the side of the roads” parts but those days are long gone, and the game has progressed as well.

As for the suggested upgrades:

* Some of the suggestions are on the “do not suggest list.” For a reason.

* Developers need to buy food and pay their rent. Hence, they want to get paid. That only happens when Squad manages to sell something for money, like DLC. Don’t expect game expanding updates to be included for free.That’s what DLC is for. And that’s a good thing, because Squad can continue to create DLC for us as long as they make it worth to buy it. Which is a lot longer than “for free.”

* New planets don’t do anything.What we really need is something to do on planets. I’m not saying “take  look at Astroneer,” it’s a different game after all. But it shows that exploration can be a goalin the game, even if it’s just “terrain.”

7 hours ago, BadLeo said:

With that in mind, I honestly don't see why devs can't limit time warp for multiplayer, since those interactions will happen in real time only

So while one player is tooling around in an airplane, you're trying to get to minmus, in real time.     Even waiting to complete a single LKO orbit in realtime, as another player is trying to dock somewhere or something, might take up the majority of a player's IRL time for the night.....    But this has been beaten to death in the multitude of already existing MP threads we have...

Real time multiplayer is the way to go. It causes people to invest time and effort into a real time community. You can fly what you want to fly, go where you want to go. Can't wait for docking? Don't reap the benefits of docking. Want to go to Mun? It might take a day. We would need a feature in game that can do a scheduled maneuver for you while you're at work or asleep. This could be a real money maker:

Subscription based = $$$

• Free Membership:   Level 1 KSC features. only 1 command module active at a time.
  • Bargain Rockets Membership:   Level 2 KSC features. 1  automated maneuver
  • Rockomax Membership:   Level 3 KSC features. 2 automated maneuvers.

51 minutes ago, JedTech said:

Real time multiplayer is the way to go. It causes people to invest time and effort into a real time community. You can fly what you want to fly, go where you want to go. Can't wait for docking? Don't reap the benefits of docking. Want to go to Mun? It might take a day. We would need a feature in game that can do a scheduled maneuver for you while you're at work or asleep. This could be a real money maker:

Subscription based = $$$

• Free Membership:   Level 1 KSC features. only 1 command module active at a time.
  • Bargain Rockets Membership:   Level 2 KSC features. 1  automated maneuver
  • Rockomax Membership:   Level 3 KSC features. 2 automated maneuvers.

You do realize that other players have like things to do outside of KSP right? So saying "oh well it'll take a day" doesn't work for example if I happen to be a student who has to do studying for classes and what not. Also if I have an event on the weekend the same time as a maneuver, I'm not going to drop everything just to do a simple maneuver. I know you say "fix this with automated maneuvers", but what about multiyear missions to Jool for instance? I might launch something this year and it'll only show up there by the time my birthday has passed. Twice even. Timewarp exists primarily to get around this pesky problem of limited speed travel over huge distances. Breaking that kinda breaks some if not all of the fun of the game as what used to be an evening Laythe mission becomes a multiyear endeavor. If that happens no ones gonna go to Laythe, or Eeloo, or Dres, or pretty much anywhere farther than Kerbin SOI. Kinda defeats the whole point of having those other planets then doesn't it?

Also holy crap that is by far one of the worst ideas I've seen here. So a player who can't afford to pay the subscription fee can't really do anything as they pretty much can't build anything of worth and if they do manage to cobble something together, they would basically be playing caveman style. Seems like a totally reasonable business plan - deter your small player base with a presumably regular subscription fee to actually do meaningful stuff in the game. Essentially you've made KSP pay-to-do-anything-fun. I know I wouldn't stand or be willing to pay for that. I wouldn't be surprised if not many others thought the same.

TL;DR - Timewarp is an essential feature to make the game remotely fun, and adding a subscription fee is scammy IMO.

12 minutes ago, qzgy said:

TL;DR - Timewarp is an essential feature to make the game remotely fun, and adding a subscription fee is scammy IMO.

What aspect about it is scamming people? Greedy, I'll buy. But scammy? It's not like your money is being siphoned away to Nigeria while you're playing the game.

It turns scammy when the game changes orbital parameters to ensure that maneuvers happen when you're normally not playing the game, creating an incentive for you to buy automated maneuvers. That would be scammy. But surely you do not suggest that.

56 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

What aspect about it is scamming people? Greedy, I'll buy. But scammy? It's not like your money is being siphoned away to Nigeria while you're playing the game.

It turns scammy when the game changes orbital parameters to ensure that maneuvers happen when you're normally not playing the game, creating an incentive for you to buy automated maneuvers. That would be scammy. But surely you do not suggest that.

Ok fair enough scammy is a bit of a stretch. I do not suggest at all the latter, but to me it would be deceptive if you had to buy the game then pay some subscription fee to use the multiplayer feature in a reasonable way (though this isn't quite clear from the post....)

Maybe @JedTech could clarify?

Edited by qzgy

5 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Whelp. There goes my Mercury style Mk1 pod replicas. What the hell is the new cockpit intending to be? A cockpit or a pod? It doesn’t look like anything I’ve ever seen fly.

They did it so that the top is exactly 0.625 to work with other parts properly. It does change the shape a bit, but that compatibility will give you more build options. There are lots of other mercury capsules in BDB, FASA, etc.

I personally like the change even though it's a bit different in shape.

57 minutes ago, IanCanberra said:

Do we have a list somewhere of the bug fixes and improvements?

Just wonder if my request for an EVA to target not vanish when under 100m.

It does? I've never had that happen afaik :S

15 hours ago, JoaquinJAR said:

i cant test my best plane because i made it in a save with kopernicus and at it is outdated i dont want to break the save file,

Oh, you know you can easily locate the craft file and copy it into whatever KSP install you want? Assuming you have more than one install (and you should, because you mentioned a mod)

14 hours ago, Gargamel said:

So while one player is tooling around in an airplane, you're trying to get to minmus, in real time.     Even waiting to complete a single LKO orbit in realtime, as another player is trying to dock somewhere or something, might take up the majority of a player's IRL time for the night.....    But this has been beaten to death in the multitude of already existing MP threads we have...

Hence I said that HyperEdit would complement the KSP multiplayer. Want to go to Minmus? Cheat your craft into its orbit. Done. No waiting, no desync, no problem at all. Then again, if one player is tooling with an aircraft and the other is going to Minmus, they aren't playing the game together as much as they are spending time together doing different things. Multiplayer can be done and issues over desyncing can be worked around with compromises. That CAN be done. If the devs are willing or not, and why, that is a different thing.

14 hours ago, JedTech said:

Subscription based = $$$

That is repurposed bovine waste. Subscription based games are okayish only when you didn't pay for the base game. I payed for the base game, I won't pay subscription for anything. I BOUGHT the product for the price asked and knowing no other conditions would apply for me to access what I have purchased. It would limit the player base, harm the company's reputation and maybe even divide and threaten the community. If they want to monetize a multiplayer feature, there are other ways to do it that don't feel scammy.

13 hours ago, qzgy said:

No, it is not essential, although it is quite important. For single player mode. For multiplayer you can limit it, which doesn't even mean completely ditch it - I don't know why people took what I said in that strict sense -, but perhaps you can limit its usage to be either active or inactive for all players at once, making the game perpetually synced in time. Then again, other tools can replace timewarp for the sake of making multiplayer, like I said, an expanded sandbox, one that you can play with your friends for the sake of playing with your friends. Honestly, I don't see many players going multiplayer in KSP to play career. Maybe science mode. Maybe. I bet if you pool them you'll find that most will log in to play war games or coop build ginormous things. And, for that, no timewarp is completely fine. Hence, it is not essential.

On the second part, I totally agree. Subscription on a game you have bought with no other conditions is scammy, if not by definition, by sheer analogy. It doesn't matter if the money isn't going to Nigeria. It is going for someone that is trying to sell you the same thing twice.

20 hours ago, JoaquinJAR said:

its me or the aerodynamics system now doest works like before?

I definitely think there is something dodgy going on, but not necessarily with the aerodynamics. Maybe with the control surfaces? It affects planes, but don't seem to affect rockets... But it feels there is something different, yes. Any news on that, anyone?

23 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

The developers are taking a look at it that for most people took a few minutes to check if anything changed but for the devs is taking more than a day<_<

Software engineering is complicated, dude.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.