I know the game is made to build rockets n stuff but i personally the 75% of the time i play is just to make planes, helicopters or space planes

so i think some new airplane parts could be nice, like:

- New Engine for planes

-A new set of wings? (like the structural wings but more bigger)

-some landing gears maybe

-a new fuselage?!

thats some thing i will like to see in the next big update (1.4.6) or even 1.4.7

Well first of all, The game's root purpose is to build rockets and space planes, anything that has to deal with you going into space, or doing anything related to space. Implementing something like actual plane parts would be a game changer to be honest.

Might I suggest the Airplane Plus mod, which adds actual propellers, turboprops, and turbo shafts into the game, as well as several cockpits and plane parts.

For the sake of Making History (which I don't have, so don't bash me if it is already in it), they could make parts inspired by the x-15 (and maybe its cousin that never was, the x-15b). But I agree that aviation is well served with mods and the stock parts that exist are probably enough-ish.

Edited by BadLeo

Well, only in my first early career mode here, but I've built some pretty large and interestingly shaped wings with just what comes in the basic KSP building bins up to 45 research cost.  Admittedly, anchoring things to each other makes for some really cool in-flight effects when you have HUGE or oddly shaped wings, but much is possible out of the stock bin.

I do agree that the landing gear bin is pretty wimpy and wiggly at that point so I have to get creative there too...

I would just like to be able to use Mirror symmetry with rocket parts.  Anytime I attach something to a rocket part, it goes into rocket symmetry and I can't get it into mirror mode... which is a pain when working with wings as your control surfaces invert!

2 hours ago, Tiberius Kerman said:

I would just like to be able to use Mirror symmetry with rocket parts.  Anytime I attach something to a rocket part, it goes into rocket symmetry and I can't get it into mirror mode... which is a pain when working with wings as your control surfaces invert!

I recall that in the most recent versions of the game, you can switch between VAB and SPH build modes for your current craft, which will allow you to access mirror symmetry while in the SPH without affecting the radially-symmetrical parts placed earlier in the VAB (and vice versa).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.