[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

2 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

been trying to patch SCANsat to use TweakScale. Got it to work last year, but now.

I check the MMCfgOutput and it shows up - just not in the game.

the patch I am using is:

Hide contents

@PART[SCAN*]:NEEDS[SCANsat]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = TweakScale
		type = surface //SGExPercentScale
	}
	TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
	{
		name = Part
		DryCost = -1.5
		mass = 1.25
	}
}

// zer0Kerbal
// CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

rewards: 100 :funds: 4 :rep: 1 :science:

Forget what I said below! =D

Spoiler

Check the KSP.log for Null Pointer Exceptions when TweakScale is calculating the DryCost and doing the Sanity Checks as Startup.

Better, publish the thing and let me give a peek. There're some Add'Ons hitting the GameDatabase when the Main Menu fires up, and everybody is doing it at the same time, ending up in a nice Toe Stomping Fest.

I managed to workaround Mission History initialization phase, and apparently Serenity doesn't made it worse (or made it in a way the current code managed to survive), but It's being hard to workaround different combinations of Add'Ons  - SCANSat is one of them. SCANSat and TweakScale works, SCANSat with something else used to works, now I'm fighting the problem again.

This is what you need to do:

{
	MODULE
	{
		name = TweakScale
		TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
		{
			name = Part
			DryCost = -1.5
			mass = 1.25
		}
	}

}

// zer0Kerbal
// CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

I'm so focused on fixing bugs that I seeing bugs on everything I touch! :D :D 

Edited by Lisias
A proper answer to the guy's problem

6 hours ago, Lisias said:

Forget what I said below! =D

This is what you need to do:

{
	MODULE
	{
		name = TweakScale
		TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
		{
			name = Part
			DryCost = -1.5
			mass = 1.25
		}
	}

}

// zer0Kerbal
// CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

I'm so focused on fixing bugs that I seeing bugs on everything I touch! :D :D 

Bugs! :P

Tried that - here is the resulting _MMCfgOutput for the RADAR:

Spoiler

PART
{
	name = SCANsat_Scanner
	module = Part
	author = damny
	attachRules = 1,1,0,1,1
	node_attach = 0.0, -0.11, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
	TechRequired = basicScience
	entryCost = 10000
	cost = 3500
	category = Science
	subcategory = 0
	title = SCAN RADAR Altimetry Sensor
	manufacturer = SCAN: Scientific Committee on Advanced Navigation
	description = SCAN brings you this high performance RADAR altimetry sensor. This is the entry-level model in this sensor family, and commonly sold in a bundle with toy rockets and remote-controlled model planes. After focus group testing revealed that 95% of the target audience tried to duct tape it to the exhaust pipe of their rocket engines, this new and improved model has been made even easier to use. <color=orange>TweakScale Enhanced.</color> 
	mass = 0.03
	dragModelType = default
	angularDrag = 2
	bulkheadProfiles = srf,size0
	crashTolerance = 7
	maxTemp = 1200
	emissiveConstant = 0.95
	thermalMassModifier = 4.0
	node_stack_krazyGlue = 0,-0.23,0, 0,-1,0, 0
	MODEL
	{
		model = SCANsat/Parts/RADAR/RADAR
		scale = 2, 2, 2
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = TweakScale
		type = surface
		TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
		{
			name = Part
			DryCost = -1.5
			mass = 1.25
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = SCANsat
		sensorType = 1
		fov = 5
		min_alt = 5000
		max_alt = 500000
		best_alt = 5000
		scanName = RADAR
		animationName = Collapse_Antenna
		RESOURCE
		{
			name = ElectricCharge
			rate = 0.1
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = SCANexperiment
		experimentType = SCANsatAltimetryLoRes
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModulePartInfo
		originalPartName = SCANsat_Scanner
	}
}

and here is the patch:

Spoiler

{
	@description ^= :$: <color=orange>TweakScale Enhanced.</color> :

rescaleFactor = .5
	// !MODULE[TweakScale] {}
	MODULE,0
	{
		name = TweakScale
		for = SGEx
		type = surface 
		TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
		{
			name = Part
			DryCost = -1.5
			mass = 1.25
		}
	}
}

am flummoxed, the patch is there, is correct, and it isn't working.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

29 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Bugs! :P

Tried that - here is the resulting _MMCfgOutput for the RADAR:

and here is the patch:

am flummoxed, the patch is there, is correct, and it isn't working.

(sigh). When everything else fails, read the Manu… I mean.. the Source. You can omit the "name = Part", it's automatically added at runtime.

About the nonworking thing , I need your full KSP.log and MM's ConfigCache to see if there's something interesting there before firing up a dedicated test bed for this issue and start comparing results.

3 hours ago, Lisias said:

(sigh). When everything else fails, read the Manu… I mean.. the Source. You can omit the "name = Part", it's automatically added at runtime.

About the nonworking thing , I need your full KSP.log and MM's ConfigCache to see if there's something interesting there before firing up a dedicated test bed for this issue and start comparing results.

the one and hopefully only

kindly tell me when you have it so I can delete.

PS I put things in the patch to debug/ensure the patch as a whole was working - including the rescale =.

thank you in advance.

and I never read the Manu - just wing it and if there are extra parts, they weren't meant to go in or are spares. :P

Edited by zer0Kerbal

18 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

I am flummoxed, the patch is there, is correct, and it isn't working.

It took me some serious time until I realized what's happening… :)

Spoiler

Environment Info
Win32NT 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP_x64.exe -single-instance -mm-dump -adapter 2

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
Hyperspace v1.0.0.0
ModuleManager v4.0.2.0
unBlur v0.5.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
ClickThroughBlocker v0.1.7.2 / v1.0.0.0
KSPAPIExtensions v2.1.0.10
KSPe.UI v2.1.0.10
MultiPlatformServices v2.1.0.9
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
aaa_Toolbar v1.7.19.1
ToolbarControl v0.1.7.0 / v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
AllYAll v0.11.17.2 / v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
AnyRes v2.0.2.8
B9PartSwitch v2.8.0.0 / vv2.8.0
BDAnimationModules v0.6.5.7
RNModules v1.1.6.0
CCK v4.0.0.0 / v4.0.0.0 for KSP 1.5.0
DebugStuff v1.5.1.0
DeployableEngines v2.2.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
EditorExtensionsRedux v3.3.21.0
Firespitter v7.3.6867.18541
IndicatorLights v1.0.0.0
InterstellarFuelSwitch v3.8.6.4
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0
JanitorsCloset v0.3.5.1 / v1.0.0.0
KAS-API-v2 v2.0.7037.1430 / vKAS API v2
KAS v1.3.7050.3681 / v1.3-pre for KSP 1.6+
KSPDev_Utils.1.2 v1.2.7031.33522 / v1.2 for KSP v1.6+
KAS v0.6.4.39793 / v0.6.4 for KSP 1.4+
ModuleKELights v1.0.0.0
HyperEdit v1.5.8.0 / v1.5.8
KIS v1.22.7090.200 / v1.22 for KSP 1.7+
KSPDev_Utils.1.2 v1.2.7031.33522 / v1.2 for KSP v1.6+
LightsOut v0.2.3.3
MADLAD v1.0.0.0
NearFutureElectrical v1.0.0.0
NearFutureSolar v0.4.0.0
NodeHelper v1.5.0.1 / v1.4.5.1
PartInfo v0.0.1.2 / v1.0.0.0
QuickMute v1.3.1.2
QuickStart v2.1.6.2
RCSBuildAid v0.9.7.6
RetractableLiftingSurface v0.1.5.5 / v1.0.0.0
SCANsat v1.8.10.0 / vv18.10
SCANsat.Unity v1.8.10.0
CLSInterfaces v1.2.0.0
ShipManifest v5.2.1.0
SimpleFuelSwitch v1.0.0.0
SimpleLogistics v2.0.2.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35
TacSelfDestruct v1.6.8.1 / v1.0.0.0
Targetron v1.6.2.16344 / v1.6.2
TextureReplacer v3.7.0.41147
TimeControl v2.9.6.0

Folders and files in GameData:
000_ClickThroughBlocker
000_KSPAPIExtensions
000_Toolbar
001_ToolbarControl
AllYAll
AnyRes
ASET
B9PartSwitch
BahaSP
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
CraftImport
DebugStuff
DeployableEngines
EditorExtensionsRedux
Firespitter
IndicatorLights
InterstellarFuelSwitch
JanitorsCloset
KAS
KAS11
KerbalElectric
KerbalEngineer
Kerbaltek
KerbalX
KIS
LightsOut
MADLAD
MechJeb2
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureSolar
NodeHelper
OrbitalTug
PartInfo
QuickMods
RCSBuildAid
RetractableLiftingSurface
SCANsat
SGEx
ShipManifest
SimpleFuelSwitch
SimpleLogistics
Stock folder: Squad

Stock folder: SquadExpansion

SuperfluousNodes_0.6
TacSelfDestruct
Targetron
TextureReplacer
TimeControl
Hyperspace.dll
ModuleManager.4.0.2.dll
OrbitalTug.rar
toolbar-settings.dat
unBlur.0.5.0.dll

There's no Scale.dll on your installment!!! :P Somehow, someone of something deleted Scale.dll from the GameData/TweakScale/Plugins folder. This folder is still there, I think, as Scale_Redist.dll is on the DLL listing.

I suggest you to reinstall TweakScale. :)

1 hour ago, zer0Kerbal said:

but, umm.... how'd that happen? fixed.

Can happen to anyone. Veterans included, wanted to admit that or not. Sitting in front of screen for too long, woeking on patches with sleep deprivation, tired, etc. Plenty of possible reasons. Our own brains fools us way too often. That is why it is good practice to give your own work to someone else, to look at it and inspect for errors. Whatever intelectual work it is, coding, working on some art, writting a book or anything similar.

4 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Can happen to anyone. Veterans included, wanted to admit that or not. 

You can say that twice. Two times in a row!

I spent the last 12 hours hunting down a "terrible" logic bug that fooled the QAS and got through. 

It ended up not being a logic bug, that code was the Screaming Victim. And I didn't exactly found it, I stumbled on it due another silly mistake that I was reporting to a colleague. Silly mistake that I caught while trying to figure out the problem. 

What's irrelevant anyway, as that silly mistake when fixed ended up minimizing the need of my feature at first place, the product could go live without it now.

So I leaved for lunch. And eat the most greasy, brain satisfaction inducing food available on the eatery.

— — — POST EDIT — — — 

(after nap) :) 

Spoiler

Now, let me explain to you how deep was that rabbit's hole.  :P 

We have a somewhat harsh SLA, so we have a very narrow window to diagnose and fix problems (or file a formal complain) .

One very important component of the stack is a kind of "service bus" written in Python (and believe it or not, it was the best option for the task). Being the service bus, it's the ideal place to persist every step of the life cycle of a task, so anything going wrong on such task would be easily diagnosed and hopefully fixed. So I'm persisting every step of the task's life cycle there.

But then the storage became a concern. And I realized that I can save some serious disk I/O by not persisting the whole object on the final step, as it was 99% identical to the last previous step.

This is where I made what I though to be a horrendous logic flaw - sometimes things worked fine, sometimes it didn't, on such final step.

While monitoring the whole stack on the QAS machine trying to figure out where things were borking, I found a small mishap - since we have that very harsh SLA, I implemented fail-safe mechanisms when calling components, at the same same that components that call me do the same. One of these fail-safes on calling me was a bit trigger happy. Something like  "every hour, any task without a result should be reissued" being coded by mistake as "every second, any task without a result...".

Since a job take about 10 to 13 seconds to be fulfilled, the caller was issuing about 13 requests to me in average. Being a service bus, my code happily complied to every one of them, persisting it through all the phases of the processing. Being a very well implemented service bus, it doesn't knows squat about business logic (neither do I, to tell you the true), so we never realized that was happening until me, trying to figure out where in hell I could had made that freaking mistake, realized 10 to 13 identical jobs with identical results for every task on the persistence layer and messaged my colleague to ask about.

He said "Whatahell?", followed by some non forum compliant remarks about life, coding et all and then fixed the mishap, reducing the storage pressure by 1/10th.

Since that had bought me some time, I decided to withdraw my flawed code from the master. I was codereviewing the deletions when I came to this:

def persist(job:Job):
    if "data_non_needed_anymore" in dict(job):
        job.data_non_needed_anymore = None
    super().persist(job)

And I almost got a heart attack. Because the code should be instead:

def persist(job:Job):
    if "data_non_needed_anymore" in dir(job):
        job.data_non_needed_anymore = None
    super().persist(job)

Yeah. I typed "dict" instead of "dir".

And why the freaking thing only borked on the QAS machine and not on my development machine?

Because on my machine I was using synthetic objects as tasks, as obviously I could not use the whole company's working infrastructure (including human operators) to my debugging needs! And that synthetic objects ended up being derived from a class that implemented the iterable callbacks that a dict calls from the argument - what ended up doing something completely unrelated, but did'nt borked into an Exception and most of the time ends up doing the intended result (inside the "IF") by accident.

On runtime, the Job does not implemented that Python callbacks, so Exceptions were being thrown. Since I just didn't realized I had typed "dict" instead of "dir", I concluded that I made some serious mistake on the code that called this piece of Kraken Poo (where a lot of dicts were in use).

And that was my day today. :D 

I would be drunk by now, had I not in need of using some meds that cannot be taken together alcohol. :P 

— — — — — — — — — — — 

6 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

@Lisias umm.. heading out the door for a short trip - will respond after return 

No need to hurry, I called it a day and i'm going to get some sleep. :)

The (very) good news is that I finally have time for KSP again. 

Edited by Lisias
post edit. =P

On 6/25/2019 at 7:06 AM, Lisias said:

By the way, that exhaust scaling bug can be related - or not, just with the same root cause. What raises a yellow flag - if the flame is not being scaled on an axis (the length) what's being scaled in its place? That bug can be more than just aesthetics!

Answering my own question - the Z position of the attached part. I think the scaling code is "leaking" into some other datum. This time, on an attachment point.

Interesting enough, by reloading the craft the problem plain vanished, now it works fine again. I'm trying to remember the sequence of changes that leaded to the problem. I think that re-rooting the vessel can be involved, as I remember doing that, but for the moment, no dice.

If someone manages to reproduce something as this, please advise.

— POST EDIT --

The good news is that the the bad scaling of the attached parts is unrelated to the exhaust/plumes scaling.

On the other hand, it appears to be related to the fail on scaling the Root part.

It's apparently a change on the Part's life cycle - the order in which some callbacks had changed, or perhaps some things that were used to be called serially are now being called concurrently.

Edited by Lisias
POST EDIT

So...  Just to be clear...

Is there a fix to the "#34" issue yet?  The save-breaking doom bug or whatnot that gives you warnings on the title screen when detected?

Or is that still being "fixed"?  And, if so, what's the current version of TweakScale?

On 7/1/2019 at 8:05 AM, Buflak said:

Got a fatal error.

KSP 1.7.1

TweakScale 2.4.3.0

RSS v14.0 + RO v12.7.1 and all it's dependecies

log

MM cache

I need the KSP.log. output_log.txt helps when KSP crashes or does something unexpected. To diagnose Add'Ons (and TweakScale), we need KSP.log too. The KSP.log lists every troublemaker part, and you want to detect and fix the parts mentioned with "**FATA**" on the log.

On 7/1/2019 at 5:46 PM, dockingtutorialimpossible said:

So are we ckan dudes not getting the patch? Is there still some buggery to clear up before we get a version?

Not this one. 2.4.3.1 will be released on the CKAN, the problem that triggers the **FATAL** Pop Dialog are far more spread than I though, and the absence of the "Cancel" button would make havoc around here. A better cooked version is on the way.

In the mean time, use "S.A.V.E.". Keep using it], by the way. :)

On 7/2/2019 at 2:58 AM, Ryugi said:

So...  Just to be clear...

Is there a fix to the "#34" issue yet?  The save-breaking doom bug or whatnot that gives you warnings on the title screen when detected?

Or is that still being "fixed"?  And, if so, what's the current version of TweakScale?

Yes, let make this perfectly clear. There's no fix on TweakScale for #34 because it's not a TweakScale problem. It's a patch problem.

People borks. And since people that writes patches are people, they bork too.

Fell free to join the rogue patches hunt. It will be fixed when people start to help detecting problems on the patches, TweakScale's job is to warn about the problematic patches, and this is what it's being done. Issue #34 is closed, by the way.

The current TweakScale version is the one you have access to.

3 hours ago, Lisias said:

The KSP.log lists every troublemaker part, and you want to detect and fix the parts mentioned with "**FATA**" on the log.

This is all i've found searching for fatal or sanity check. Is this enough, or do you need the full log?

Spoiler

WRN 10:40:19.119] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on batteryBankMini.
[ERR 10:40:19.119] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part batteryBankMini has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

[WRN 10:40:19.123] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate1p5.
[ERR 10:40:19.123] [TweakScale] Part EnginePlate1p5 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[WRN 10:40:19.123] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate2.
[ERR 10:40:19.123] [TweakScale] Part EnginePlate2 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[WRN 10:40:19.123] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate3.
[ERR 10:40:19.123] [TweakScale] Part EnginePlate3 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[WRN 10:40:19.123] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate4.
[ERR 10:40:19.123] [TweakScale] Part EnginePlate4 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[WRN 10:40:19.126] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for Tube1.
[ERR 10:40:19.126] [TweakScale] Part Tube1 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[WRN 10:40:19.126] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for Tube1p5.
[ERR 10:40:19.126] [TweakScale] Part Tube1p5 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Cost - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[WRN 10:40:19.126] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for Tube2.
[ERR 10:40:19.126] [TweakScale] Part Tube2 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[WRN 10:40:19.126] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for Tube3.
[ERR 10:40:19.126] [TweakScale] Part Tube3 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[WRN 10:40:19.126] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for Tube4.
[ERR 10:40:19.126] [TweakScale] Part Tube4 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

Also, latest MM cache

Full KSP.log

Edited by Buflak
added full log

2 minutes ago, Buflak said:

This is all i've found searching for fatal or sanity check. Is this enough, or do you need the full log?

Reveal hidden contents

WRN 10:40:19.119] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on batteryBankMini.
[ERR 10:40:19.119] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part batteryBankMini has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

[ERR 10:40:19.123] [TweakScale] Part EnginePlate1p5 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[ERR 10:40:19.123] [TweakScale] Part EnginePlate2 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[ERR 10:40:19.123] [TweakScale] Part EnginePlate3 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[ERR 10:40:19.123] [TweakScale] Part EnginePlate4 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[ERR 10:40:19.126] [TweakScale] Part Tube1 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[ERR 10:40:19.126] [TweakScale] Part Tube1p5 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Cost - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[ERR 10:40:19.126] [TweakScale] Part Tube2 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[ERR 10:40:19.126] [TweakScale] Part Tube3 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[ERR 10:40:19.126] [TweakScale] Part Tube4 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

Also, latest MM cache

It always is preferable to provide the full log.  Its nice to point out what you see as the errors, but sometimes other information is needed and useful.  Providing the full log avoids the need for the author or some olse to ask for it.

2 hours ago, Ryugi said:

Thank you very much for the clarification @Lisias.  I'm sorry if it seemed accusatory.  I just wanted to make sure I had the most up to date version.

I'm a bit jumpy due some Real Life Job issues. Sorry if I sounded harsh, sometimes I let RL leak into the Forum.

In a way or another, as soon as RL allows, 2.4.3.1 will be released for everybody. Gradually, just in case.

On 7/4/2019 at 9:59 AM, Buflak said:

Reveal hidden contents

Also, latest MM cache

Full KSP.log

Thanks!

The only bad news I detected is about batteryBankMini . Something is patching it twice, and it's the reason that **FATAL** thingy was shown to you. The Module Manager cache shows me that this part has the following TweakScale data:

MODULE
                {
                        name = TweakScale
                        type = stack
                        defaultScale = 0.625
                        type = RealismOverhaulStackSolid
                }

You see that double "type" thing? That's the nasty stuff. Realism Overhaul is involved for sure, but we can't say if it is the one borking because we are seeing just the ending results, not the order in which things are happening. So I digged again into the KSP.log and found this:

[LOG 10:38:01.023] Config(@PART[batteryBankMini]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]) RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/Squad/RO_Squad_Electrical/@PART[batteryBankMini]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]

[a lot of lines later]

[LOG 10:38:01.182] Config(@PART[batteryBankMini]) TweakScale/patches/Squad/Squad_Util/@PART[batteryBankMini]

What hints me that Realism Overhaul apparently :NEEDs :P  to add the :NEEDS[TweakScale] clausule on one of their parts, as they are being applied before the default TweakScale ones.

Interesting, none of that Exceptions and Warnings that caught my attention on your previous log are being logged this time. So yeah, that hunch paid - the previous TweakScale version was being ran over by other Add'On (or vice-versa!) on the Main Menu (when a lot of Add'Ons needs to finish some business before you can play). The 2.5 beta has some measures that tries to avoid the Toe Stomping Fest, and it appear to have worked for you!

The only remaining significative thing worth of being mentioned is this Exception:

[WRN 10:40:11.391] [ROCManager]: Invalid CelestialBody Name Eeloo on ROC Definition EelooBerg. Removed entry.
[ERR 10:40:11.392] Exception handling event OnPSystemReady in class ROCManager:System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RocCBDefinition].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ROCManager.ValidateCBBiomeCombos () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ROCManager.GetROCControlFromCB () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This one probably was already there last time, but I missed due being worried about the other ones.

My advise to  you are, so:

• The most important of any advise I could give, install and use S.A.V.E. . :) This will help us to keep your savegames alive
  • Apparently,. TweakSkale 2.5 solved some problems for you . Consider using it for while, I will back port some features for 2.4.3.1 as your installment clearly demonstrated they are needed and effective.
    • TweakScale 2.4.3.0 should be enough, but it will pesky on that **FATAL** message every time you boot KSP until all the **FATAL** messages are gone, and I failed to add a "Cancel" button on that damned thing.
    • In a way or another, S.A.V.E. will prevent any savegame corruption, and I will help in any manual intervention if necessary.
  • Ask Reality Overhaul guys to check their patch on "batteryBankMini" and see if by adding a :NEEDS[TweakScale] that **FATAL** goes away.

And thanks for using TweakScale. I can be grumpy sometimes, but I'm also thankful to see TweakScale being useful.

humm… The Thankful Grumpy - nice name for a Rock Band….

— HOT FIX — 

Download the file below (it will be featured on the next minor release - sooner or later :P)

Extras/TweakScale/HotFixes/RO-Stock_Electrical.cfg (click the Raw button)

and save it into your GameData. I strongly advise to use the following directory (create it if needed):

GameData/__LOCAL/TweakScale/HotFixes

So the patches will survive updates and will be easily found when the time to delete them come.

On 7/1/2019 at 9:25 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

am still shaking head about the missing re_scale.dll....

Do you know that feeling in which it looks like we are walking on hot charcoal? Well, I'm currently seating on some. :D

Believe me, this happens. And it happens a lot. All the time. It's the reason we implement some safety-guards and reviews on the development process.

As soon as my SAS cold down :D I have a lot of histories that will make you feel better. Really. We will laugh of this soon. :D 

Edited by Lisias
Hot Fix issued.

Cool, thanks.

I know very little about coding, but isn't that exception complaining about not being able to place surface features on Eeloo? If so that's fine, RSS doesn't have Eeloo anyway.

As for the battery bank mini, the only way to wreck my saves is if i use the thing, or if i scale it?

It's not on any of my current crafts and i don't plan to use it in the future, so i should be safe right?

11 hours ago, Buflak said:

I know very little about coding, but isn't that exception complaining about not being able to place surface features on Eeloo? If so that's fine, RSS doesn't have Eeloo anyway.

Yep. But we are seeing what's happening, not why it's happening. And without the 'why', it's hard to propose a solution. Or even know for sure that it's not a problem, just a glitch that you can ignore. Doesn't hurt to ask the guys about ROCManager to be sure. A lot of things I used to think it was just a glitch ended up biting me on TweakScale. 

As for the battery bank mini, the only way to wreck my saves is if i use the thing, or if i scale it?

There're a situation (and this situation is very similar to yours!) in which by merely using the part, you can get into trouble. What happens is that there're conflicting instructions about how the part should be scaled, and this conflict is "handled" in a non logical way. Worse, if something changes (by adding or deleting a Add'On, triggering a new set of patches that can change the present instructions set), the thing that defines how the part should be scaled changes, but not the data used by it!

This is one possible aftermath for this problem:

55228666-75687f80-51f9-11e9-8246-e37c25e

This is nasty because the this can happens at any time (by adding or deleting a single patch on the whole system!), and then every craft file and, worse, every flying craft on your KSP installment (as long it has that **FATAL** issue) can end like this.

You close KSP,  you change a single patch (that by bad luck. borks a part used by a flying craft) and then suddenly, by loading the savegame, your crafts have that part mangled. Sometimes, the part gets bigger, not smaller. You can imagine the results. :) 

It's not on any of my current crafts and i don't plan to use it in the future, so i should be safe right?

Yes. But you need to keep remembering it, what's cumbersome. (I thought on patching the part name to keep it flagged - but then I considered I would be patching by brute force an already badly patched part, and considered not being the best of the ideas, as it could be harder to convince people TweakScale is not exactly the one borking on it.)

The only really safe option is to fix the problem in a way or another.

Since you got lucky and there're only one part on your current installment, you can walk away with this. But avoid adding or deleting Add'Ons to prevent creating new problems (that pesky DialogBox shows a counter), as things can escalate fast. One of my installments got 182 "fatalities" first time I tried 2.4.3!

In the mean time, I'm working with Add'On maintainers to hunt down and fix every issue I hear of. A patch at time. :)

Edited by Lisias
oh, yeah. Tyops!

News from the front.

I finally got some sparing time for coding KSP, and TweakScale was the top of the list.

While I managed to close some minor issues (opportunistically, as I was checking different things and it happened to be easy to do the task at that moment), I failed to really solve (today) some more pressuring issues - but at least I managed to figure out where the problems are not in. :)

The Exhaust and Plume Scaling Problem (issue #27) is completely unrelated to the Drag Scaling Problem on the Root Part, as well to the Attached Parts being Moved Incorrectly at Scaling. I will need to dig more on KSP and Unity to fix this, as it appears.

On the other hand, the last two can be related. The Incorrect move of attached parts happened only once to me (but I'm almost not playing KSP on the last few weeks), and it plain vanished once I reload the craft - so this hints me it's a problem on the Craft's Life Cycle - something is not being done (or are being done too late), and some data are not initialized correctly and the function that decides to move or not the attached parts borks. I'm guessing that the Drag problem can be related to the Part's Life Cycle too, as a eye inspection revealed that the Drag Function is called differently depending in the state of the cycle the part is.

I detected similar issues on another Add'On, by the way. It's a pain in the SAS :P to find exactly what's happening, and I'm unsure I could do this in just one Sunday. But it's a solid theory, and it's what I'm going to pursue on the Sunday.

6 hours ago, eagle92lightning said:

So I take it this doesn't work for 1.7?

You are taking it wrongly. :)

It works for KSP as long rogue patches doesn't screws it up - what's being happening for a long time, but I just detected on the problem on the 1.7 era. TweakScale is working for KSP 1.4 and beyond, so you can check for yourself about this.

These are the nasty ones that could ruin your day - so TweakScale 2.4.3.0, besides being the most annoying release ever, it's also the safest.

Other than that I have 1 visual glitch  and two recently discovered annoyances, currently Work In Progress.

12 hours ago, falcoon said:

@Lisias Remember my question about exploding ship ?
Here are files you requested

Wasn't sure what do you mean by 'all MM files', if anything is missing, just let me know.
Thank you for you time.

Yep,. I was wondering if I should ping you back there :)

Yes, this is exactly what I need, thanks. I will post a follow up in the next few hours.

On 7/1/2019 at 5:46 PM, dockingtutorialimpossible said:

So are we ckan dudes not getting the patch? Is there still some buggery to clear up before we get a version?

I lost you in the stream sorry. I'm delaying CKAN due a mishap on handling U.I. Plain idiocy.

Since Real Life took me away for some weeks, I'm going to fix that idiocy and some small things more on 2.4.3.1 . This one will be released for CKAN (unless someone kicks me in the SAS due some more mistake, of course).

Edited by Lisias
one more post