[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

6 hours ago, kspidor said:

Sorry, I don’t understand anything about this (

A patch is a piece of configuration data that a third-party writes to be used by Module Manager in order to change ("patch") something in order to reach a goal, not previously implemented by the original author.

Using as an example what I think is your problem with Solar Panels: Kopernicus allows the game to have more than one Star on the scene, but the original KSP only knowns to cope with one Star, so the stock Solar Panel code (we call this "module") only knows how to fetch light from Kerbol.

So Kopernicus wrote a new Module that knows about many Stars, so that part can fetch light from any of them.

But Stock Solar Panels knows squat about Kopernicus, so Kopernicus guys wrote a "patch" to change the Solar Panels to use their module instead, and so the Solar Panels (after patched) knows how to fetch light from any Star.

(your Solar Panels is not working, probably, (pending confirmation) because TweakScale does knows squat about Kopernicus - so someone needs to teach it about).

1 hour ago, kspidor said:

please tell me what to do

Wait a bit, it's working hours for me - I will come back to it later.

With your ConfigCache, I will eye ball the problematic parts and then cook a fix for you! (the alternative would be download everything, creating a new test bed to check your problem, and so detect here the problems - but this is something that demands more time than I have available on working days!)

Edited by Lisias
Uh… some entertaining grammars fixed. =P

43 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

Nevertheless, it is worth to try to download Tweakscale from Github as there is high chance that it is updated version on github than one that is bundled with KSPIE.

Tweakscale is installed and removed along with KSPIE in SCAN.

I don’t know how to install them separately

3 hours ago, kspidor said:

Tweakscale is installed and removed along with KSPIE in SCAN.

I don’t know how to install them separately

The current KSPIE is using 2.4.3.4 last time I checked. But CKAN must be able to keep them updated.

Install TweakScale, then install KSPIE. I think that from this point, CKAN can handle things.

14 hours ago, Lisias said:

The current KSPIE is using 2.4.3.4 last time I checked. But CKAN must be able to keep them updated.

Install TweakScale, then install KSPIE. I think that from this point, CKAN can handle things.

Unfortunately, this did not help ..
Is it possible to use kspie without tweakscale?

tried different options. with rss and without.

still the same problem.

Edited by kspidor

Unfortunately, this did not help .

But it will in the future, as new releases of TweakScale are issued!

Is it possible to use kspie without tweakscale?

Probably. KSPIE doesn't uses patches, they apply the TweakScale directly into the part - making it a kinda of hard dependency.

tried different options. with rss and without.

still the same problem.

You have TWO problems to worry about. One is the Solar Panels, the other is the battery mini.

The battery is related to RSS:

MODULE
                {
                        name = TweakScale
                        type = stack
                        defaultScale = 0.625
                        type = RealismOverhaulStackSolid
                }

They patch things without checking if they were not patched before. It's an already known issue, but working late hours I ended up missing this! And a fix was already made too!! Sorry! :P  In a nutshell:

• Download this file. (click on "Raw").
  • Move it to a directory under your GameData.
    1. I suggest GameData/__LOCAL/TweakScale/HotFixes - but anyone will do. You must remember where  you put, however, as eventually it will not be more necessary and then it can harm the game. It's the reason an Advise will popup on startup when HotFixes are active.

About the solar panels. it's not a problem on KSPIE, TweakScale or Kopernicus. It's lack of support.

You see, you have a lot os parts using the stock's ModuleDeployableSolarPanel , and these things does not works with Kopernicus.

UrlConfig
{
        parentUrl = NearFutureSolar/Parts/SolarPanels/solarpanel-blanket/solarpanel-blanket-3.cfg
        PART
        {
                name = solarpanel-blanket-3
                module = Part
                <CUT!!!>
                MODULE
                {
                        name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel
                        animationName = PanelsExtend
                        useKopernicusSolarPanels = false
                <BAITA CUT!!!>
}

I found a lot of "useKopernicusSolarPanels = false" on your installment, meaning that such parts does not wants to be patched with Kopernicus (and Kopernicus respects that). These parts will have the same problem on your installment, they will not be able to catch light from anything but the root Star on the System.

However, yeah, some Solar Panels don't have the Kopernicus block, and these have TweakScale support. I will need to use the WeekEnd to further pursue this. But on a temporary measure, the following patch will withdraw TweakScale from every Solar Panel on the game. I don't know if this will or will not fix your problem, but if didn't, at least we know it's not TweakScale. And if it does fix the problem, then I know it's something I need to tackle down.

Open a text editor, copy & paste this parch, and then save the file on GameData/__LOCAL/TweakScale/hacks . Name the file Kopernicus_SolarPanels_hack.cfg . i strongly suggest you use a easy to remember place to put that file, as this is not a proper fix, I don't know (yet) if it will work fine and once I have time to proper fix things (assuming I'm the one that can fix it), you will need to delete this stunt!

// This is a hack to delete TweakScale from all Solar Panels to see if it fixes a apparent incompatibility with Kopernicus.
// See https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/179030-14-tweakscale-under-lisias-management-2434-2019-0903/&do=findComment&comment=3681644
@PART[batteryBankMini]:NEEDS[Kopernicus,TweakScale]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]]:HAS[@MODULE[TweakScale]]:FINAL // Should be :AFTER[TweakScale], but we are not using :FOR yet.
{
	-MODULE[TweakScale],* { }
}

Try it and let me know if the Solar Panels are working again. Also publish a new ConfigCache to allow me to see exactly what happened.

NOTE: I didn't tested it yet. Please use a new savegame (don't risk your running ones! backup everything! Use S.A.V.E.!) . I will test it myself on my next free time window (probably after lunch).

Edited by Lisias
Adding URL

On 10/3/2019 at 3:16 AM, Arcane Intervention said:

[cut by me] Im amazed you do this, but thanks!

To tell you the true, me too! :sticktongue:

On 10/3/2019 at 3:16 AM, Arcane Intervention said:

Right! Yet another problem and another log [cut by me]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uh3vnnzuc6v0g3w/KSP.log?dl=0

Tweakscale version is v2.4.3.4

KSP version is 1.7.3

Just getting the warning about my poor, poor save games being lost, 9 fatal errors apparently. Cheers.

Got it. Let's crack that nut!

[LOG 18:38:40.769] [TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 1668 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 9 Show Stoppers found; 6 Sanity Check failed; 742 unscalable parts.

9 FATALities, all right. You can ignore that 6 Sanity failing - that parts are still unsupported by now. Frankly, I need a better way to logging them. :)

[LOG 18:38:40.635] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part WBI.PlasmaTV (Big Screen Plasma TV) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:38:40.635] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part WBI.PlasmaTV2 (Mid Screen Plasma TV) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:38:40.635] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part WBI.PlasmaTV3 (Small Screen Plasma TV) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:38:40.761] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part WBI.PlasmaTV (Big Screen Plasma TV) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:38:40.762] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part WBI.PlasmaTV2 (Mid Screen Plasma TV) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:38:40.768] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part WBI.PlasmaTV3 (Small Screen Plasma TV) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:38:40.768] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part WBI.PlasmaTV (Big Screen Plasma TV) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:38:40.768] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part WBI.PlasmaTV2 (Mid Screen Plasma TV) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 18:38:40.768] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part WBI.PlasmaTV3 (Small Screen Plasma TV) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).

This is new! On the bright side, it appears to be all related, so I will check only one of them:

[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:06.001] Applying update Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV] to Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:06.001] Applying update Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV] to WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:06.001] Applying update Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV] to WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:06.001] Applying update Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV2] to Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV2.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:06.001] Applying update Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV2] to WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV2.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:06.001] Applying update Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV2] to WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV2.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:06.001] Applying update Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV3] to Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV3.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:06.001] Applying update Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV3] to WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV3.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:06.001] Applying update Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV3] to WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV3.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.671] Applying update WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV] to Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.671] Applying update WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV] to WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.671] Applying update WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV] to WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.671] Applying update WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV2] to Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV2.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.671] Applying update WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV2] to WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV2.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.671] Applying update WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV2] to WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV2.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.671] Applying update WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV3] to Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV3.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.722] Applying update WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV3] to WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV3.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.722] Applying update WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV3] to WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV3.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.922] Applying update WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV] to Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.922] Applying update WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV] to WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.922] Applying update WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV] to WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.922] Applying update WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV2] to Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV2.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.922] Applying update WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV2] to WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV2.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.922] Applying update WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV2] to WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV2.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.922] Applying update WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV3] to Airships-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV3.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.922] Applying update WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV3] to WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV3.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-10-03 18:23:34.922] Applying update WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Tweakscale/@PART[WBI_PlasmaTV3] to WildBlueTools-master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Parts/Utility/PlasmaTV3.cfg/PART

Congrats! Your issue is terribly simple to fix: delete GameData/Airships-master , you had installed the AirShips from WBI on the wrong place. :)

Cheers!

On 10/3/2019 at 6:45 PM, [email protected] said:

so uh... I'm getting that message on startup that says the save will be corrupted etc etc. I'm playing with RO and RP-1(and RSS) with lots of add-ons. How should I go about fixing it?

I need your KSP.log and, most of the time (so it worths to send it in advance) the ModuleManager.ConfigCache. See this thread for information on how to proceed:

9 hours ago, stonecoldsoda said:

I have an issue with my game in that the FATAL error warning has appeared and i dont know what to do next. Here is the log through a dropbox link hopefully (my first time posting anything sorry).

Thanks for any help you can provide

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akmn14d0js-dgko16DK-q6IwuyDz?e=0hayqZ

Go it. Let's inspect this:

[LOG 12:39:43.697] [TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 1467 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 518 Show Stoppers found; 1 Sanity Check failed; 320 unscalable parts.
[LOG 12:39:43.970] [TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 1467 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 518 Show Stoppers found; 0 Sanity Check failed; 321 unscalable parts.

And yeah, another case of installing something twice on the GameData. :)

[LOG 12:34:31.651] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\Simon\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\GameData\TweakScale\Plugins\KSPe.Light.TweakScale.dll
[LOG 12:34:31.652] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\Simon\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\GameData\TweakScale\Plugins\Scale.dll
[LOG 12:34:31.697] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\Simon\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScale\Plugins\KSPe.Light.TweakScale.dll
[LOG 12:34:31.709] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\Simon\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScale\Plugins\Scale.dll

Delete F:\Simon\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\GameData\ and everything will be fine! ;)

Install safe! :D 

12 minutes ago, Triop said:

@Lisias Hi dude,

Can you make TweakScale work on the robotic hinges ?

Serenity it's on the RoadMap for TweakScale 2.4.4.x series. It's not hard, but I got a lot of more pressing things to cope with first, and anything I do on TweakScale is canon, so I need to beta test everything before publishing it - so I need time.

What doesn't means we can't cook some hacks for your personal use. It would make sharing the crafts harder, but it's something that can be made now and without risking blowing up my nose later. :)

Edited by Lisias
Kraken damned Autocompletes

13 minutes ago, Lisias said:

What doesn't means we can't cook some hacks for your personal use. It would make sharing the crafts harder, but it's something that can be made now and without risking blowing up my nose later.

Thank you, I don't mind if I can't share my crafts anymore. Makes them unique and "not for sale". :lol:

I realy need those hinges for making working cardoors, hood, bonnet and roof.

It can be done with the current sizes, but it's far from ideal.

EDIT : I just reminded that this was made with the robotics mod, NOT with the new robotics stock parts !

Edited by Triop

On 3/1/2019 at 11:35 AM, KOCMOHABT said:

My question is, why did this happen? 
Why the smaller engine makes bigger jet stream? 
Played on 4 different versions of the game with different versions of the mod, every time there is a graphic illogical nonsense. 
Is it possible to fix this graphical issue?
As for me, this is the main reason why I want to abandon your beautiful mod. But I use it.

Well… Better late than never. :)

@KOCMOHABT, what you found is, incredibly, a latent new feature waiting to be implemented. I was chasing my tail on the problem for some months, as I naively assumed it was something that once worked and became broken somehow.

Well… At least downto KSP 1.3.1., the engines' exhaust were never scaled.  I updated the Issue #27 with this, and I will handle it on the 2.4.4 series for sure (as it's new support to be implemented, not a bug). Please be patient, we waited for this fix for more than two years (perhaps more? I didn't bored to check KSP 1.2.2), we can wait some more months. :)

Screenshots:

KSP 1.3.3:
66275943-4a27b280-e864-11e9-8e6d-7401a60
66275940-44ca6800-e864-11e9-822d-aa88989

KSP 1.7.3:
66275418-a38ce300-e85e-11e9-9fcb-05eb36b
66275416-a091f280-e85e-11e9-86b3-9d42603

On 10/7/2019 at 1:16 AM, IronKerbal said:

@Lisias
Is there a Way to scale stock fairings? They break when scaled

I missed that. I don't remember scaling fairings, by the way… Well, nice catch. I can't check this this week (RL is biting) but I will not forget about: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/75 .

— — — POST EDIT — — — 

@IronKerbal, you are right. Fairing patches are deactivated on TweakScale distribution:

// ** Fairings **
// do not work yet (uncomment to test)
//@PART[fairingSize1] // AE-FF1 Airstream Protective Shell (1.25m)
//{
//    %MODULE[TweakScale]
//    {
//        type = stack_square
//        defaultScale = 1.25
//    }
//}

It's probably a third party patch enabling them for you. Publish your KSP.log and ModuleManager.ConfigCache to let me see what's happening.

Edited by Lisias
Hit 'save" too soon.

Hello. I have gotten the message where it says my save can be corrupted, and I am confused on what I need to do. I downloaded some mods, but I have no idea what happened. I am also new to KSP, and I am so dazed. Please help me with information? I really don't wanna lose anything, and I need a fix.

20 hours ago, Tbonesss said:

Hello. I have gotten the message where it says my save can be corrupted, and I am confused on what I need to do. I downloaded some mods, but I have no idea what happened. I am also new to KSP, and I am so dazed. Please help me with information? I really don't wanna lose anything, and I need a fix.

@Tbonesss
Dont worry, Its just TweakScale telling you not to scale those parts.
If you can give me your ksp.log
you can make a Patch to fix them by removing the Tweakscale module from those corrupted parts.

Causes of Tweakscale Fatal Errors:

1. Duplicated Configs
       2. The part itself is not compatible with Tweakscale

Edited by IronKerbal

Hi all, does tweakscale scale up drag on parts?

I created some space planes and found myself getting a ridiculous amount of delta-v in orbit. Without tweakscale, trying to just use wing strakes (just more of them) I'd hit drag barriers much quicker.

e.g. Below is a science/mining space plane. The only part scaled was the fuel carrying Big-S wing strakes. It's getting 5400dv. small clipping using the smallest 1.25 tanks to mount engines to the wings, not really significant.

Of note, is with rapiers, I'm blowing past 400m/s, on my way to orbit where without tweakscale, just using more strakes, I'll start slowing down from drag much easier. Some of my best mining SSTOs without tweakscale get just over 4000dv - and still won't handle as nicely getting past the Rapier speed  threshold.

The acceleration from nuclear engines looks about right, so it's not mass. Is drag the same as when the wings are not scaled?

BtMaekZ.jpg

Hello I got this Fatal errors with the upgraded OPT mod files

I did not report all the lines but here's a lot concerning OPT

[LOG 13:30:36.052] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on arie73 (OPT-E S.C.O.O.P. Rocket "ARI-73").
[LOG 13:30:36.052] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part arie73 (OPT-E S.C.O.O.P. Rocket "ARI-73") has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 13:30:36.052] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on turboRamJetj.60 (OPT-E ScreamJet "J-60").
[LOG 13:30:36.053] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part turboRamJetj.60 (OPT-E ScreamJet "J-60") has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 13:30:36.053] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on turboRamJetj.60d (OPT-E Hybrid ScreamJet "J-60D").
[LOG 13:30:36.053] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part turboRamJetj.60d (OPT-E Hybrid ScreamJet "J-60D") has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 13:30:36.054] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on opt.sage (OPT-E WarpJet "S.A.G.E.").
[LOG 13:30:36.054] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part opt.sage (OPT-E WarpJet "S.A.G.E.") has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 )

What to do with that, I reported also to OPT forum

8 hours ago, gilflo said:

Hello I got this Fatal errors with the upgraded OPT mod files

I did not report all the lines but here's a lot concerning OPT

<cut>

What to do with that, I reported also to OPT forum

I need the full KSP.log, and most of the time I also need the ModuleManager.ConfigCache . Without these I can't help you.

See this post about how to find and publish KSP.log and ConfigCache: 

On 10/7/2019 at 8:11 PM, Tbonesss said:

Yep, you got a "Houston" message (with titles in Red). I need the KSP.log and ModuleManager.ConfigCache in order to inspect what gone wrong.

These things happens due errors on patching files. Nowadays, it's almost always a problem with older patches that got stuck in time as others Add'Ons evolved. Most of them are easily fixable, a few ones I need to cook a special fix for you. In all situations, they are fixable.

The reason about the scaring message is that some of that erros end up messing the savefile in a way in which things start to blow on the game - and once the savegame got into this state, at least on my tests, I could not managed to salvage the savegame. So the need of that scaring message - so users get in touch as fast as possible when things didn't gone trough the tubes yet, and fixing is easy.

See above about how to publish the KSP.log and the ModuleManager.ConfigCache files so I can inspect them.

In the mean time, install and use S.A.V.E.. If the worst happens, you will always have a previous version to go back, instead of losing everything as it did happened to me. ;)

On 10/8/2019 at 10:29 AM, beomagi said:

Hi all, does tweakscale scale up drag on parts?

<cut by me>

Apparently, yes. The drag is being scaled - at least for stock parts. See:

Spoiler

It may something related to third parties Add'Ons, however.

Dont worry, Its just TweakScale telling you not to scale those parts.

In not so common situations, these parts can play havoc even when you are not scaling them. If you shove a "scale = free" over any other scaling type, suddenly all your crafts and savegames will have that parte scaled wrongly. Check the issue #34 for examples for what can happen.

Edited by Lisias
Added a new comment.

ANNOUNCE

Release 2.4.3.7 is available for downloading, with the following changes:

• Updated KSPe Light for TweakScale:
    • Standard Installation Check
      • And that works on Windows now!
    • Common Dialogs
      • More consistent appearance between different installations 
    • Internal routines updated to understand Unity 2019. 
      • KSP 1.8 Ready, baby! ;)
  • Issues Fixed:
    • #26 Document the patches
    • #69 Act on deprecated or misplaced patches
      • And correctly cleaning up this time. 
    • #76 Prevent KSP from running if TweakScale is installed on the wrong place!

See OP for the links.

Highlights

New Runtime Check

TweakScale now complains with a Houston (Fatal Error Message) when it detects it was wrongly installed.

10_New-TweakScale-Scaring-Message.png

Deprecated Patches

Then following patches were deprecated as the respectives Add'Ons are not available for downloading anymore, rendering them useless and even dangerous to be used by the ones that have them on their archives:

These ones were deprecated due the Add'On’s maintainers decided to internalize them and maintain the patches themselves.

Deprecated patches are preserved on the Extras/Deprecated directory on the distribution file. In the unlikely event you need them back, it's recommended to copy them into a customized place on your installment and not on the TweakScale's directory hierarchy. TweakScale suggests GameData/__LOCAL/TweakScale .

Overrules

A overrule, as the name says, is a patch that overrules TweakScale (and anything else) in order to make things broken in a deterministic way.

A complete essay can be found here.

Hot Fixes

A Hot Fix is a hand crafted patch that fixes by brute force patching problems, forcing the original intended result for a given KSP installment. The difference from an overrule is that Hot Fixes don’t break compatibility with sane installments, so you can start new savegames and share your crafts without worries.

A complete essay can be found here.

New Scaling Behaviour

A new TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOUR, ModuleGeneratorExtended , is available for parts using ModuleGenerator that wants to scale the INPUT_RESOURCES too. This feature wasn’t introduced directly into the ModuleGenerator’s TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS to prevent damage on Add'Ons (and savegames) that rely on the current behaviour (scaling only the output), as suddenly the resource consumption would increase on already stablished bases and crafts.

Just add the lines as the example below (the output resources scaling is still inherited from the default patch!).

@PART[my_resource_converter]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[ModuleGeneratorExtended]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

WARNINGS

The known Unholy interaction between modules (Kraken Food), rogue patches or known incompatibilities between third parties Add'On that can lead to disasters are being detected on the Sanity Checks with a proper (scaring) warning being shown. A full essay about these issues can be found here.

Unfortunately, such issues are a serious Show Stopper, potentially (and silently) ruining your savegames. This is not TweakScale fault, but yet it’s up to it to detect the problem and warn you about it. If this happens with you, call for help. A Cancelbutton is available for the brave Kerbonauts willing to fly unsafe.

TweakScale strongly recommends using S.A.V.E..

Special procedures for recovering mangled installments once the TweakScale are installed (triggering the MM cache rebuilding) are possible, but keep your savegames backed up. And DON`T SAVE your crafts once you detect the problem. Reach me on Forum for help.

TweakScale stills mangles further affected crafts and savegames with some badly (but recoverable) patched parts so when things are fixed, your crafts preserve the TweakScale settings without harm. THIS DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM, as this is beyond the reach of TweakScale - but it at least prevents you from losing your crafts and savegames once the problem happens and then is later fixed. You will detect this by KSP complaining about a missing TweakScaleRogueDuplicate module (previously TweakScaleDisabled, renamed for clarity). You can safely ignore this.

As usual, this version still drops support in runtime for some problematic parts. Any savegame with such problematic parts scaled will have them descaled. This is not a really big problem as your game was going to crash sooner or later anyway - but if you plan to return to such savegame later when TweakScale will fully support that parts again, it’s better to backup your savegames!

Keep an eye on the Known Issues file.

Edited by Lisias
2.4.3.5 the Brief is dead.2.4.3.6 the Briefer is yet more dead. Long live 2.4.3.7 !

@Lisias I'm gonna take a moment and strongly point out that the spelling you want in the sample error message is "latter" not "later." :P

I only finally grabbed 2.4.3.4 (after sailing on a much older version for months) expecting reported problems between it and my mods but didn't meet them. So I'm pretty happy for myself but sad for those who reported.

15 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Lisias I'm gonna take a moment and strongly point out that the spelling you want in the sample error message is "latter" not "later." :P

Bleh. I will fix it for the next release. :D Naaahh… The typo was on KSPe Light, a bag of utils embedded. Just updated the DLL on the zip file and reuploaded it on github! Thanks for the heads up! :)

15 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I only finally grabbed 2.4.3.4 (after sailing on a much older version for months) expecting reported problems between it and my mods but didn't meet them. So I'm pretty happy for myself but sad for those who reported.

2.4.3.5 2.4.3.6 2.4.3.7 :blush: is slightly "safer" as I deprecated some old or redundant patches, and the chances of rogue patching are a bit smaller now.

2.4.3.6 will be even better, no spelling errors! :D 

Edited by Lisias
errata