[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

6 hours ago, Lisias said:

It's a trimmed down small subset of KSPe (my personal library for KSP with some tools and extensions to make my life easier) that is safe for broad usage. Essentially, every "official" mod of mine that needs KSPe service will have its own KSPe.Light embedded. I'm pretty tired of maintaining two forks, one without and another with KSPe and since I don't have time for now to overcome the bugs of that freaking pestilence called Mono's runtime (yeah, I'm pretty " liquided " with that thing), I came to this stunt. It's far from being what I want, but it will do for now.

I would not use them if you are an Add'On Author. It will change on every release (it's tailored for TweakScale), and I hope to throw it away as soon as I deal with the problems I mentioned.

Yup. On the hurry to publish the thing I forgot to properly name the file, it should be KSPe.Light.TweakScale.dll - it will be fixed on the next minor release.

ok - that clicked. KSPeXtentions or something like that. I remember needing it for another one of your projects. All good. Just nosy. :P

Thank you very much @Lisias for tracking down the issue! And yes @linuxgurugamer I use Tweakscale extensively with SXT =D

So I changed SXT\Patches\ModCompatibility\SXT_TweakScale.cfg to use %defaultScale and %type to add-or-edit instead of add, and it works

Considering the issues raised by duplicated modules, I believe it would be safer to use add-or-edit everywhere, I will move this discussion to issue #49 on GitHub

@Lisias note that the problem with the B9 part originates exclusively with the TweakScale patch (not an interaction with another mod), I will point it out for you in the issue, see you there

you might have a problem with your detection. 

what happens when a part has no modules?

i got the mkIV  fatal error thing. its with the shoulders. 

if it adds this via your patch you get an error

@PART[mk4cockpit-shoulder*] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = surface
    }
}

but if you just add that module to the part.cfg then no error. 

MODULE
 {    
    name = tweakscale
    type = surface
 }

same thing is being added. 

6 hours ago, nmc said:

So I changed SXT\Patches\ModCompatibility\SXT_TweakScale.cfg to use %defaultScale and %type to add-or-edit instead of add, and it works

I advise against the use of %type, unless you are absolutely sure it's what you want to do.

Consider the following scenario:

MODULE
                {
                        name = TweakScale
                        type = surface
                        defaultScale = 1.25
                        type = free
                }

This means that someone had patched the part as surface. THEN someone else had patched it to free. In the mean time, EVERY craft you created on every savegame you have will have something like this:

54075134-4efa9880-427a-11e9-9d24-0917306

Or this:

55228666-75687f80-51f9-11e9-8246-e37c25e

Now try to realize what it will do with your vessels in space on in flight.

By using the "%" i in the type, you will get this:

MODULE
                {
                        name = TweakScale
                        type = free
                        defaultScale = 1.25
                }

What will render my Sanity Check useless, BUT STILL CAUSES THE PROBLEM.

I want to make perfectly clear to everyone: I'm not patching symptoms, I'm fixing problems. Any symptom patch (as using "%") will just make the problem harder to detect, but will still corrupt the savegames and crafts.

Edited by Lisias
MOAR pics

@Lisias Question, when scaling the partmodule ModuleGenerator, the output is correctly scaled when tweakscaled. However, the same is not applied to the input resources. Is this intentional or a bug?

Edit: when looking at ScaleExponent I foud the following:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
    name = ModuleGenerator        // Stock RTG
    outputResources
    {
       rate = 3
    }
}

It appears inputResources is missing.

Edited by FreeThinker

5 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@Lisias Question, when scaling the partmodule ModuleGenerator, the output is correctly scaled when tweakscaled. However, the same is not applied to the input resources. Is this intentional or a bug?

Add'On name, part name and more info, please.

— — — — 

In the mean time, I want to stress it again:

By using the "%" i in the type, you will get this:

MODULE
                {
                        name = TweakScale
                        type = free
                        defaultScale = 1.25
                }

What will render my Sanity Check useless, BUT STILL CAUSES THE PROBLEM.

I want to make perfectly clear to everyone: I'm not patching symptoms, I'm fixing problems. Any symptom patch (as using "%") will just make the problem harder to detect, but will still corrupt the savegames and crafts.

full text.

Edited by Lisias
"full text"

@Lisias Its a new part which contains the following

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleGenerator

isAlwaysActive = false
        	requiresAllInputs = true
        	startEventGUIName = Start Power Conversion
        	endEventGUIName = Stop Power Conversion

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = Megajoules
			rate = 0.025
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			name = ElectricCharge
			rate = 25
		}
	}

When unscalled it correctly convert Megajoules in ElectricChange but when scalled up, the input remains the same while the output scaled up with cube

Edet: I tried to modify the tweakscale into

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
    name = ModuleGenerator        // Stock RTG

inputResources
    {
       rate = 3
    }

outputResources
    {
       rate = 3
    }
}

but it doesn't work

Edited by FreeThinker

About the "%type" thingy, I want to explain again why this is terribly important.

Consider the following scenario:

MODULE
                {
                        name = TweakScale
                        type = surface
                        defaultScale = 1.25
                }

Things are fine and good. Your vessels scale well. But then a new patch is applied on the GameData folder - an new Add'On, or perhaos an Add'On being updated. By some bad luck (and it happens - you, humans, are prone to err!! :sticktongue:), a patch is applied twice . Usually due using a wildcard on the name or the PART, but obviously, sometimes we just forget to check if we already patched it - or just don't check if the patch was already patched by a third party!

So, in the next KSP boot, you get this:

MODULE
                {
                        name = TweakScale
                        type = surface
                        defaultScale = 1.25
                        type = free
                }

And, now, EVERY SINGLE CRAFT on your savegames that uses this part, be it flying or not, will get something as this:

Spoiler

54075134-4efa9880-427a-11e9-9d24-0917306

or this:

55228666-75687f80-51f9-11e9-8246-e37c25e

As we can see, it's pretty straight forward to detect the problem. In TweakScale there can be only one. :) So any duplication is necessarily the result of a Toe Stomping Fest between patches.

If patches start to blindly use %type (or any other name) for values, we will have what follows:

MODULE
                {
                        name = TweakScale
                        type = free
                        defaultScale = 1.25
                }

And now it's not easily detected anymore, but till leads to the same results - corrupted crafts and savegames.

So, and again: this stunt renders my Sanity Check useless, BUT STILL CAUSES THE PROBLEM.

I want to make perfectly clear to everyone: I'm not patching symptoms, I'm fixing problems. Any symptom patch (as using "%") will just make the problem harder to detect, but will still corrupt the savegames and crafts.

@Lisias Thanks for the explanation! I understand why using % is not a solution

Anyway, you PR in SXTContinued already fixes all SXT parts except the floats (and I hope to make progress on these soon)

The B9 HX part is broken because of a double module in the patched shipped with Tweakscale (as I mentioned in issue #49) and should be easy to fix

4 hours ago, nmc said:

@Lisias Thanks for the explanation! I understand why using % is not a solution

It's not a solution for this problem. But there're valid use cases for this operator! :) 

(but it would be safer not to use it together wildcards, I think)

4 hours ago, nmc said:

Anyway, you PR in SXTContinued already fixes all SXT parts except the floats (and I hope to make progress on these soon)

Yep, I will revisit that pull request. It may be related to some issues I had with SXT, but didn't found the time to properly address them:

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/14 (this is is about the FSBuoyancy)

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/17

They are on my backlog, I just could not find the time to address them yet.

4 hours ago, nmc said:

@LisiasThe B9 HX part is broken because of a double module in the patched shipped with Tweakscale (as I mentioned in issue #49) and should be easy to fix

Yeah, I'm working on it already. I have as habit to, once I detect a problem, to check the whole history of the file to locate when the change happened. This gets me insights about the reason the change was made, and sometimes it prevents me to resurrect an old problem while fixing a new one.

(public repositories are simply the very best thing that even happened on my life - except by some non-forum-compliant activities with partners of the opposite gender)

I'm checking every stock patch AGAIN (using Shadowzone's voice) about the use of wildcards, and then for double patching (that will be hugely easier to detect without then). I have a nasty rogue patch on the Mark IV too, and I bet my SAS I will find some more.

On a side note:

This is going to be a bit painful on the short run, but it will make everybody's gaming better on the long run.

Once we reach a good compromise on the status-quo, any mishap will be promptly detected while testing on the dev's machine before going gold. It will worth it. :)

Edited by Lisias
better phrasing

I feel lucky that there was only 1 FATAL error in my install with all the mods I have. The culprit is M2X.Encap
I think I have one used on my space station so I'm hoping it doesn't corrupt my game too bad. (Luckily I backed up before the whole 1.7.1 update)

On 6/11/2019 at 10:05 PM, Kiro said:

I feel lucky that there was only 1 FATAL error in my install with all the mods I have. The culprit is M2X.Encap
I think I have one used on my space station so I'm hoping it doesn't corrupt my game too bad. (Luckily I backed up before the whole 1.7.1 update)

Give me your whole kSP.log - from that,  I will find the faulty patch and then I can fix that for your, while applying a pull request to the maintainer. I need the whole thing as it lists everything that is happening on your installment, including every Add'On. From this, I can locate the rogue patch (assuming it was not one of mine… :P ).

— — POST EDIT — — 

@Kiro, I really need your KSP.log and I ModuleManager.ConfigCACHE too. M2X_EndCap is a part from Mark2 Extensions, and I just confirmed that the M2X's TweakScale patches are working fine on a minimal installment (M2X, Dependencies and TweakScale). So there's something else on your installment stomping some toes. I want to tell that the M2X patches are very well written (using :NEEDS and :FINAL - besides using "%" on value names, what would make diagnosing harder if the problem was it) so it's surely something else borking up things.

Edited by Lisias
POST EDIT

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Give me your whole kSP.log - from that,  I will find the faulty patch and then I can fix that for your, while applying a pull request to the maintainer. I need the whole thing as it lists everything that is happening on your installment, including every Add'On. From this, I can locate the rogue patch (assuming it was not one of mine… :P ).

I discovered one rogue patch - apparently the Mk3 Expansion AND TweakScale both have patches for a number of M3X parts. Or maybe it was something I did...

On 6/9/2019 at 2:57 AM, Lisias said:

ANNOUNCE

Release 2.4.3.0 is available for downloading, with the following changes:

• This is an emergencial Release due a Show Stopper issue (see Issue #34 below) with some new features.
  • Adding features:
    •  #7 Adding support for new Parts from KSP 1.5 and 1.6 (and Making History)! (**finally!**)
    • #35 Checking for new Parts on KSP 1.7 (none found)
      • (Serenity is Work In Progress)
  • Fixing bugs:
    • #31 Preventing being ran over by other mods
    • #34 New Sanity Check: duplicated properties

See OP for the links.

Warnings

The last detected Unholy interaction between modules (Kraken Food), when rogue patches apply twice the same property on a part, is now being detected on the Sanity Checks and a proper (scaring) warning is being shown. Unfortunately, it was discovered that this issue is a serious Show Stopper, potentially (and silently) ruining your savegames. This is not TweakScale fault, but yet it's up to it to detect the problem and warn you about it. If this happens with you, call for help.

Special procedures for recovering mangled installments once the TweakScale are installed (triggering the MM cache rebuilding) are possible, but keep your savegames backed up. And DON`T SAVE your crafts once you detect the problem. Reach me here for help.

This version of TweakScale stills "mangles further" affected crafts and savegames with some badly (but recoverable) patched parts so when things are fixed, your crafts preserve the TweakScale settings without harm. THIS DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM,  as this is beyond the reach of TweakScale - but it at least prevents you from losing your crafts and savegames once the problem happens and then is later fixed.

As usual, this version still drops support in runtime for some problematic parts. Any savegame with such problematic parts scaled will have them "descaled". This is not a really big problem as your game was going to crash sooner or later anyway - but if you plan to return to such savegame later when TweakScale will fully support that parts again, it's better to backup your savegames!

Keep an eye on the Known Issues file.

— — — — —

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

1. GitHub , reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  2. CurseForge  - Will not be published. (I will release the next patch instead. Please be patient)
  3. SpaceDock (and ckan users) - Will not be published (I will release the next patch instead. Please be patient)

The reasoning is to gradually distribute the Release to easily monitor the deployment and cope with eventual mishaps.

S57vhuB.png
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (help me)

[WRN 09:20:24.528] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on smallwingConnectortip.
[ERR 09:20:24.528] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part smallwingConnectortip has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

[WRN 09:20:24.531] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on tbmProp.
[ERR 09:20:24.531] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part tbmProp has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

[ERR 09:20:24.532] [TweakScale] part=miniboom (Mk0 Tail Connector) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at TweakScale.PrefabDryCostWriter.checkForShowStoppers (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TweakScale.PrefabDryCostWriter+<WriteDryCost>d__3.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 09:20:24.532] [TweakScale] part=halfmini (Mk0 Junior Liquid Fuel Fuselage) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at TweakScale.PrefabDryCostWriter.checkForShowStoppers (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TweakScale.PrefabDryCostWriter+<WriteDryCost>d__3.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 09:20:24.532] [TweakScale] part=minishortboom (Mk0 Tail Connector Short) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.532] [TweakScale] part=JuniorFuselage (Mk1 Junior Liquid Fuel Fuselage) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.532] [TweakScale] part=Mk1JuniorStructural (Structural Fuselage Junior) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.532] [TweakScale] part=Mk1SlantStructural (Structural Fuselage Offset) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk2hAdapter (Mk2/H to 1.25m Adapter) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk2hLiquid (Mk2h Liquid Fuel Fuselage) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk2hboom (Mk2/H Flat Boom) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk2mk2h (Mk2/H to Mk2 Adapter) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s0-s0 (Mk3S0 to 0.625m Adapter) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s0 (Mk3S0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s0booma (Mk3S0 Tail Connector A) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s0boomb (Mk3S0 Tail Connector B) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s0jr (Mk3S0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s1-s1 (Mk3S1 to 1.25m Adapter) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s1 (Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s1booma (Mk3S1 Tail Connector A) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s1boomb (Mk3S1 Tail Connector B) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s1jr (Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s1p5-mk3s1 (Mk3S1.5-Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s1p5-s1p5 (Mk3S1.5 to 1.875m Adapter) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s1p5 (Mk3S1.5 Liquid Fuel Fuselage) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s1p5doorbase (Mk3S1.5 Cargo Bay) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s1p5hull (Mk3S1.5 Structural Fuselage) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.533] [TweakScale] part=mk3s1p5jr (Mk3S1.5 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] part=s1p5 (1.875m Liquid Fuel Fuselage) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] part=s1p5jr (1.875m Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] part=shortboom (Short Tail Connector B) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] part=shortboomb (Short Tail Connector A) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] part=size2taila (Tail Connector Size 2A) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] part=size2tailashort (Short Tail Connector Size 2A) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] part=size2tailb (Tail Connector Size 2B) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] part=size2tailbshort (Short Tail Connector Size 2B) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] part=S2Hull (Structural Hull S2) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] part=s2CargoRamp (Size 2 Cargo Ramp) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] part=s2cargobayS (Size 2 Cargo Bay CRG-15) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] part=size2CrewCabin (Size 2 Crew Cabin) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] part=size2Fuselage (Size 2 Liquid Fuel Fuselage) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.534] TweakScale::PrefabDryCostWriter: negative dryCost: part=size2Fuselage, DryCost=-3.814697E-05

[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] part=size2under (Size 2 Radial Liquid Fuel Mount) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] part=S2Structural (Structural Fuselage S2) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[WRN 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for landingskid.
[ERR 09:20:24.534] [TweakScale] Part landingskid didn't passed the sanity check due using FSbuoyancy module - see issue #9 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/9.

[WRN 09:20:24.537] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on mk4cockpit-shoulder-1.
[ERR 09:20:24.537] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part mk4cockpit-shoulder-1 has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

[WRN 09:20:24.537] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on mk4cockpit-shoulder-2.
[ERR 09:20:24.537] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part mk4cockpit-shoulder-2 has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

[WRN 09:20:24.537] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on mk4cockpit-shoulder-3.
[ERR 09:20:24.537] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part mk4cockpit-shoulder-3 has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

[WRN 09:20:24.548] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate1p5.
[ERR 09:20:24.548] [TweakScale] Part EnginePlate1p5 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[WRN 09:20:24.548] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate2.
[ERR 09:20:24.548] [TweakScale] Part EnginePlate2 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[WRN 09:20:24.548] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate3.
[ERR 09:20:24.548] [TweakScale] Part EnginePlate3 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[WRN 09:20:24.548] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for EnginePlate4.
[ERR 09:20:24.548] [TweakScale] Part EnginePlate4 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[WRN 09:20:24.550] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for Tube1.
[ERR 09:20:24.550] [TweakScale] Part Tube1 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[WRN 09:20:24.550] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for Tube1p5.
[ERR 09:20:24.550] [TweakScale] Part Tube1p5 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Cost - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[WRN 09:20:24.550] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for Tube2.
[ERR 09:20:24.550] [TweakScale] Part Tube2 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

[WRN 09:20:24.550] [TweakScale] Removing TweakScale support for Tube3.
[ERR 09:20:24.550] [TweakScale] Part Tube3 didn't passed the sanity check due having a ModulePartVariants with Mass - see issue #13 https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/13.

Edited by Acid_Burn9
added log

9 hours ago, Acid_Burn9 said:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (help me)

I need your whole KSP.log, and probably the MemoryManager.ConfigCACHE too. Put these things on GoogleDrive, Dropbox or something and post the links. This will help me to identify the details of your installment so I can look for the trouble maker. 

Has anyone encountered this bug? I have a big ol mod install but it's clean, and there are no reported Fatalities in the log. Will host for someone if needed.

Basically if have a part heirarchy like this: Robotic Piston>Strucutural Part>Wheel and enter the Action Groups menu, both the Part and the Wheel will scale themselves to around 10% while showing default (100%). Does that make sense? I'm scared to even enter a scene because this seems hella destructive.

Running 1.7.1 with full updates and most of the common mods.

I appreciate your diligence in being proactive with this, but is there any way to stop your mod from kicking me out of the game and opening Curseforge in a browser every time I start KSP?  I get the issue and I know where to go when the fixes are ready, the system hijacking is really getting kind of annoying... 

4 hours ago, MaxPeck said:

I appreciate your diligence in being proactive with this, but is there any way to stop your mod from kicking me out of the game and opening Curseforge in a browser every time I start KSP?  I get the issue and I know where to go when the fixes are ready, the system hijacking is really getting kind of annoying... 

A "cancel" button would be great

[WRN 20:01:15.997] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on B9.Structure.HX1.S.HS.
[ERR 20:01:15.997] [TweakScale] **FATAL** Part B9.Structure.HX1.S.HS has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue #34 - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34.

[LOG 2019-06-12 19:56:02.789] Applying update TweakScale/patches/B9_Aerospace/B9_HX/@PART[B9_Structure_HX1_S_H*] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hx_size1_structure_hub3.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-06-12 19:56:02.789] Applying update TweakScale/patches/B9_Aerospace/B9_HX/@PART[B9_Structure_HX1_S_H*] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hx_size1_structure_hub4.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-06-12 19:56:02.789] Applying update TweakScale/patches/B9_Aerospace/B9_HX/@PART[B9_Structure_HX1_S_H*] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hx_size1_structure_hub6.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-06-12 19:56:02.789] Applying update TweakScale/patches/B9_Aerospace/B9_HX/@PART[B9_Structure_HX1_S_H*] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hx_size1_structure_hub_support.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-06-12 19:56:02.840] Applying update TweakScale/patches/B9_Aerospace/B9_HX/@PART[B9_Structure_HX1_S_HS] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hx_size1_structure_hub_support.cfg/PART

i think i find a problem.

the patch applied to "B9_Structure_HX1_S_H*" also (wrongly) applied to "B9_Structure_HX1_S_HS" which had its own patch applied, which caused duplication.

5 hours ago, MaxPeck said:

I didn't gave enough thinking on the feature, granted. This will be implemented on the next minor release.

12 minutes ago, Kerenatus said:

the patch applied to "B9_Structure_HX1_S_H*" also (wrongly) applied to "B9_Structure_HX1_S_HS" which had its own patch applied, which caused duplication.

Yes. Thank you for nailing this for me. :) It will be fixed for sure in the next minor release!

6 hours ago, ElonsMusk said:

Basically if have a part heirarchy like this: Robotic Piston>Strucutural Part>Wheel and enter the Action Groups menu, both the Part and the Wheel will scale themselves to around 10% while showing default (100%). Does that make sense? I'm scared to even enter a scene because this seems hella destructive.

The IR/Next guys found a problem on the "Classic" IR code that leaded to something like what you described. Could you reach them first and check if this is the same reason? If yes, and this is happening to Serenity too, then definitively I need to act.

For reference, and assuming is the same thing, there's an issue about: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/39

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

For reference, and assuming is the same thing, there's an issue about: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/39

It doesn't seem the same but: 1. Only using BG stock robotics and 2. the scaling occurs on it's own simply by entering the action group menu but does not cause a crash. Does that clarify anything or am I repeating myself? Sorry-- I am not too savvy hah.
Newest KSP.log

I got the bug to repeat itself and I found clarification in how to repeat it. Piston>Cubic Octo will do it. Exiting the action group menu seems to cause this bug anytime the scale is adjusted to either part prior to entering the AG menu.

Bad gif of the moment of bugging

Edit: new log, new info

Edited by ElonsMusk

14 hours ago, Lisias said:

I need your whole KSP.log, and probably the MemoryManager.ConfigCACHE too. Put these things on GoogleDrive, Dropbox or something and post the links. This will help me to identify the details of your installment so I can look for the trouble maker. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqdx5qvswib1br5/KSP.log?dl=0

1 hour ago, Acid_Burn9 said:

Thanks. From your log, one of the problematic parts is smallwingConnectortip from AirplanePlus. However, there're no standard support for it (i,e., not from me neither from AirplanePlus maintainer), so I think that you are using TMasteron5's patches.

However, your patches doesn't appears on the TMasterson5's original place, as we can see here:

[LOG 09:19:19.017] Config(@PART[smallwingConnectortip]) AirplanePlus/TweakScale/@PART[smallwingConnectortip]

Originally, it is expected to be on GameData/TMasterson5TweakscalePatches/AirplanesPlusTweakscale/tweakscaleConfigPatch.cfg . 

So I'm afraid I can't help no this for now. Can you confirm the source of the patch you are using?

The following issues, however, are on me. I found that the MK4 patches from TweakScale are using wildcards, and are a potential source of problems. This will be fixed in the next minor release, that will be issued as soon as possible.

4 hours ago, ElonsMusk said:

Interesting. Appears to be something on one of the event handlers of the part. Yep, you are right - there's a good chance it's a bug on TweakScale's code.

Opened a bug for it: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/52

I will work on it for sure, but not for while. Please be patient. Thank you.

Edited by Lisias
adding bug track