[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

I'm "hijacking" the post from the BDB thread, kinda requested :)

11 hours ago, cameronisher3 said:

im getting this error https://ibb.co/9Vb6RCT im using the version for 1.7.3

what should i do to fix this? ive already uninstalled realplume at the recommendation of someone and that has not helped

heres my logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/39zn9pn18dhzulm/output_log.txt?dl=0

Hi, @cameronisher3 .  Let's crack this nut:

[TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost: Started
[TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 3488 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 2 Show Stoppers found; 9 Sanity Check failed; 2295 unscalable parts.

Yeah, I confirmed that 2 FATALities:

[TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part bluedog.CXA.APAS.A.L04F (CADS 0.9375m Docking Port (Active)) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part bluedog.CXA.APAS.P (CADS 0.9375m Docking System (Passive)) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).

Apparently, BDB was caught on a crossfire. Let's check one of that parts:

[LOG 21:07:56.106] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Tweakscale/tweakscale_APAS/@PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]
[LOG 21:08:13.925] Applying update HullCameraVDS/MM_Scripts/BDB_Patch/@PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone|bluedog_agenaPort|bluedog_MOL_DockingPort|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F|bluedog_CXA_APAS_P] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_agenaNoseCone.cfg/PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone]
[LOG 21:08:13.925] Applying update HullCameraVDS/MM_Scripts/BDB_Patch/@PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone|bluedog_agenaPort|bluedog_MOL_DockingPort|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F|bluedog_CXA_APAS_P] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_agenaPort.cfg/PART[bluedog_agenaPort]
[LOG 21:08:13.926] Applying update HullCameraVDS/MM_Scripts/BDB_Patch/@PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone|bluedog_agenaPort|bluedog_MOL_DockingPort|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F|bluedog_CXA_APAS_P] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]
[LOG 21:08:13.926] Applying update HullCameraVDS/MM_Scripts/BDB_Patch/@PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone|bluedog_agenaPort|bluedog_MOL_DockingPort|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F|bluedog_CXA_APAS_P] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_P.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_P]
[LOG 21:08:13.926] Applying update HullCameraVDS/MM_Scripts/BDB_Patch/@PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone|bluedog_agenaPort|bluedog_MOL_DockingPort|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F|bluedog_CXA_APAS_P] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism.cfg/PART[bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism]
[LOG 21:08:13.926] Applying update HullCameraVDS/MM_Scripts/BDB_Patch/@PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone|bluedog_agenaPort|bluedog_MOL_DockingPort|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F|bluedog_CXA_APAS_P] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism.cfg/PART[bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism]
[LOG 21:08:13.933] Applying update HullCameraVDS/MM_Scripts/BDB_Patch/@PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone|bluedog_agenaPort|bluedog_MOL_DockingPort|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F|bluedog_CXA_APAS_P] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Gemini/bluedog_MOL_DockingPort.cfg/PART[bluedog_MOL_DockingPort]
[LOG 21:08:18.691] Applying update RN_Soviet_Rockets/RN_Soviet_Rockets_TU/@PART[*]:NEEDS[TexturesUnlimited] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]
[LOG 21:09:02.793] Applying update CxAerospace/Station Parts/MM_configs/CXA_TweakScale/@PART[*]:HAS[#author[cxg2827]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]]:AFTER[CxAerospace] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]
[LOG 21:09:19.498] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Rescale/BlueSmurff/@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:FOR[zzzBluedog_DB_1] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]
[LOG 21:09:21.041] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Rescale/BlueSmurff/@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:FOR[zzzBluedog_DB_9] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]
[LOG 21:09:21.469] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/RemoveRealNamesExtraFields/@PART[bluedog*]:LAST[Bluedog_DB] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]

And yeah, we found it. It's our old friend CxAerospace double patching this part using CxAerospace/Station Parts/MM_configs/CXA_TweakScale.cfg .

Historic:

From the first issue of this problem:

From the Add'On's thread, I learnt that CxAerospace was discontinued, is unmaintained and the license is ARR. Well, there's nothing I can do fix the problem directly, as one could call me in copyright infringement by distributing a derivative - I checked the package, and the config files were not exempted from the copyright claim or double licensed. It was mentioned that the Author decided to give the assets to some other Add'On authors to be used at their discretion, so perhaps this is the reason Bluedog was caught in the crossfire.

So, I advise to you:

• Check if your flying crafts are using CxAerospace . If not, delete this Add'On. I say this with a broken heart, this is a very nice looking Add'On, sir - perhaps the Author would accept fixes for a new release? No strings attached.
  • Reach Bluedog's Author and ask him to help on the matter. He's using cx2827 parts, so perhaps he is one of the guys mentioned above, and so authorized to act on it.

The options above are the best ones, as this would solve the issue for good. Meanwhile, there's a HotFix already embedded on TweakScale since Aug 14. You will find instructions about how to proceed on this post, copy&pasted below for your convenience.

Download and install TweakScale 2.4.3.3 (see OP), and then copy the following file(s) from the distribution package:

Extras/TweakScale/HotFixes/CxAerospace--Bluedog_DB.cfg

into your GameData. I strongly advise to use the following directory (create it if needed):

GameData/__LOCAL/TweakScale/HotFixes

So the patches will survive updates and will be easily found when the time to delete them come.

I tried to make the patch the more safe I could, but as always, I recommend to use S.A.V.E.

I've just installed some mods and received "595 **FATAL** issues". Seems like almost all stock and CONTARES CORE parts are affected (Contares was one of the mods i installed right before the error happened, so probably one of the cause). Any suggestions how to fix this?

Here's my log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ncnm4c9yudonhb/KSP.log?dl=0

3 hours ago, Maverick221 said:

I've just installed some mods and received "595 **FATAL** issues". Seems like almost all stock and CONTARES CORE parts are affected (Contares was one of the mods i installed right before the error happened, so probably one of the cause). Any suggestions how to fix this?

Here's my log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ncnm4c9yudonhb/KSP.log?dl=0

Find the mod or mod combination which is the cause of errors and test it on stock install (stock, that mod(s) + tweakscale). There is probably some patch clashing with tweakscale. This will help @Lisias with debugging.

16 hours ago, Maverick221 said:

Contares is another old friend here. I'm on mobile now, will get into it later. But of you search for Contares on this thread you will find the post where I published the HotFix for it!

— — POST EDIT — — 

Yeah, found it. There's a HotFix on the TweakScale distribution zip since 2.4.3.4.

Download this file (or pick it from the ZIP you installed TweakScale), and then place it somewhere on your GameData. I strongly suggest GameData/__LOCAL/TweakScale/HotFixes to be easier to keep track of these stunts.

Edited by Lisias
post edit.

On 11/16/2019 at 9:47 AM, Lisias said:

I'm "hijacking" the post from the BDB thread, kinda requested :)

Hi, @cameronisher3 .  Let's crack this nut:

[TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 3488 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 2 Show Stoppers found; 9 Sanity Check failed; 2295 unscalable parts.

Yeah, I confirmed that 2 FATALities:

[TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part bluedog.CXA.APAS.A.L04F (CADS 0.9375m Docking Port (Active)) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part bluedog.CXA.APAS.P (CADS 0.9375m Docking System (Passive)) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).

Apparently, BDB was caught on a crossfire. Let's check one of that parts:

[LOG 21:07:56.106] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Tweakscale/tweakscale_APAS/@PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]
[LOG 21:08:13.925] Applying update HullCameraVDS/MM_Scripts/BDB_Patch/@PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone|bluedog_agenaPort|bluedog_MOL_DockingPort|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F|bluedog_CXA_APAS_P] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_agenaNoseCone.cfg/PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone]
[LOG 21:08:13.925] Applying update HullCameraVDS/MM_Scripts/BDB_Patch/@PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone|bluedog_agenaPort|bluedog_MOL_DockingPort|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F|bluedog_CXA_APAS_P] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_agenaPort.cfg/PART[bluedog_agenaPort]
[LOG 21:08:13.926] Applying update HullCameraVDS/MM_Scripts/BDB_Patch/@PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone|bluedog_agenaPort|bluedog_MOL_DockingPort|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F|bluedog_CXA_APAS_P] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]
[LOG 21:08:13.926] Applying update HullCameraVDS/MM_Scripts/BDB_Patch/@PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone|bluedog_agenaPort|bluedog_MOL_DockingPort|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F|bluedog_CXA_APAS_P] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_P.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_P]
[LOG 21:08:13.926] Applying update HullCameraVDS/MM_Scripts/BDB_Patch/@PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone|bluedog_agenaPort|bluedog_MOL_DockingPort|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F|bluedog_CXA_APAS_P] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism.cfg/PART[bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism]
[LOG 21:08:13.926] Applying update HullCameraVDS/MM_Scripts/BDB_Patch/@PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone|bluedog_agenaPort|bluedog_MOL_DockingPort|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F|bluedog_CXA_APAS_P] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism.cfg/PART[bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism]
[LOG 21:08:13.933] Applying update HullCameraVDS/MM_Scripts/BDB_Patch/@PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone|bluedog_agenaPort|bluedog_MOL_DockingPort|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F|bluedog_CXA_APAS_P] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Gemini/bluedog_MOL_DockingPort.cfg/PART[bluedog_MOL_DockingPort]
[LOG 21:08:18.691] Applying update RN_Soviet_Rockets/RN_Soviet_Rockets_TU/@PART[*]:NEEDS[TexturesUnlimited] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]
[LOG 21:09:02.793] Applying update CxAerospace/Station Parts/MM_configs/CXA_TweakScale/@PART[*]:HAS[#author[cxg2827]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]]:AFTER[CxAerospace] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]
[LOG 21:09:19.498] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Rescale/BlueSmurff/@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:FOR[zzzBluedog_DB_1] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]
[LOG 21:09:21.041] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Rescale/BlueSmurff/@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:FOR[zzzBluedog_DB_9] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]
[LOG 21:09:21.469] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/RemoveRealNamesExtraFields/@PART[bluedog*]:LAST[Bluedog_DB] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F.cfg/PART[bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F]

And yeah, we found it. It's our old friend CxAerospace double patching this part using CxAerospace/Station Parts/MM_configs/CXA_TweakScale.cfg .

Historic:

From the first issue of this problem:

The options above are the best ones, as this would solve the issue for good. Meanwhile, there's a HotFix already embedded on TweakScale since Aug 14. You will find instructions about how to proceed on this post, copy&pasted below for your convenience.

wow, thanks for the help!

10 hours ago, Sokol_323 said:

I have 124 FATAL. All related to Nertea mods. There are also structural stock pipes. The message is displayed in both version 1.7.3 and version 1.8.1. The stability of the game is not affected.

I need the KSP.log in order to diagnose the issue. That FATALities has this name because the collateral effects of that thingies can lead to a game crash and/or corruption of the savegame.

4 hours ago, Sokol_323 said:

Ok, let's crack this nut.

[TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 1303 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 124 Show Stoppers found; 9 Sanity Check failed; 421 unscalable parts.

Yep, 124 FATALities:

Spoiler

[TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part battery-0625 (Блок аккумуляторов B-3K) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).

<and 124 more>

All of them about #34, duplicated properties - what means rogue patching. On the bright side, I realized it's a simple mistake, easy to fix!

[LOG 2019-11-18 20:54:46.481] Applying update TweakScale/patches/NFT_TweakScale/@PART[battery-0625] to NearFutureElectrical/Parts/Batteries/battery-0625.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-11-18 20:54:56.132] Applying update TweakScale/patches/NF/NFE_TweakScale/@PART[battery-0625] to NearFutureElectrical/Parts/Batteries/battery-0625.cfg/PART

You probably manually installed a new version of TweakScale over an older one without deleting the old contents. This is usually fatal, as patches need to be fixed and moved overtime, and mixing old and new files is hardly a good idea.

Delete TweakScale, every single file, and then reinstall. This will fix your issue. Please remember to always delete all the previous TweakScale`s folder content before updating.

5 hours ago, Lisias said:

You probably manually installed a new version of TweakScale over an older one without deleting the old contents. This is usually fatal, as patches need to be fixed and moved overtime, and mixing old and new files is hardly a good idea.

Delete TweakScale, every single file, and then reinstall. This will fix your issue. Please remember to always delete all the previous TweakScale`s folder content before updating.

Thank you very much! That's what it means: difficult to read in a foreign language. Reinstalled the mod and no more problems and messages.

METAR

Due an unexpected heavy rain (of meteors) :P on my day job, almost all of my KSP activities were withheld these days.

Anything but support requests were and are temporarily suspended.

The good news is that the "raining" is almost over, so we well be back to normal business in the next few days - including any pending analysis of issues and beta testing on GitHub (and some promises in Curse).

The bad news is that I'm probably have few to no sleeping hours in the period. At least we now know what to do.

Oh, well... You can't always have what you want, right? :D

Edited by Lisias
Hit "Save" too soon.

Just updated for 1.8.1 and reinstalled my mods, including Tweak Scale. I am now seeing only one white box that either makes the part larger or smaller, not both. It differs from part to part. I looked around and saw only one other case that had no solution. I can add more info if needed. Thanks

32 minutes ago, PuddleJumper said:

Just updated for 1.8.1 and reinstalled my mods, including Tweak Scale. I am now seeing only one white box that either makes the part larger or smaller, not both. It differs from part to part. I looked around and saw only one other case that had no solution. I can add more info if needed. Thanks

You are probably using KSP 1.8.0 as this had a glitch on the prefab that leads to this.

If you are sure you are using 1.8.1, I need the KSP.log and a screenshot of the problem to make sure it's the same or a new one.

ouhh I got a present for you! @Lisias

Just kidding, it's a fatal error lol! 

lo and behold: 

[TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part batteryBankMini (Z-200 Rechargeable Battery Bank) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).

some additional information: 

The installation is game version 1.7.3, it's a conflict between tweakscale and realism overhaul and/or its dependencies. The error goes away when i remove realism overhaul. 

I've tried almost all compatible tweakscale versions and they all seem to give that error which (i think) indicates the problem is probably on RO's end. 

35 minutes ago, Cruss said:

lo and behold: 

some additional information: 

The installation is game version 1.7.3, it's a conflict between tweakscale and realism overhaul and/or its dependencies. The error goes away when i remove realism overhaul. 

I've tried almost all compatible tweakscale versions and they all seem to give that error which (i think) indicates the problem is probably on RO's end. 

Try looking in Realism Overhaul to see if it has a copy of tweakscale inside of it. If so, try deleting that copy

4 hours ago, Cruss said:

Dude, believe me. After that terrible nut I just cracked on the past 10 days, handling simple problems as these ones is a refreshment. :D 

4 hours ago, Cruss said:

The batteryBankMini problem with Realism Overhaul is a known problem already. There's a HotFix for it, posted here and copy&pasted below for your convenience:

• Download this file.
  • Place it somewhere on the GameData. I suggest GameData/__LOCAL/TweakScale/HotFixes but anywhere will do. Try to remember where you put it, as we may need to delete it if things doesn't work as expected.
  • Lanuch KSP and check if the FATALity is still there
    • If not, problem solved! 
    • If yes, delete the file, launch KSP again and send me both KSP.log and ModuleManager.ConfigCache - it's a new one, and I will need them to harvest a solution from these files.

4 hours ago, Azic Minar said:

Try looking in Realism Overhaul to see if it has a copy of tweakscale inside of it. If so, try deleting that copy

And now I will confess my dark secret about my fast responsiveness on some issues. The Search!!!! :) 

(do you really think I remember all this stuff??? I can't recall what I had for lunch yesterday - damn, I can't recall if I had lunch yesterday!!!). :sticktongue: 

This is also the reason I insisted on posting excerpts of the logs here - this is what makes the Search useful, as they get indexed!

Use the Search on the top of the page:, narrowing the search to "This Topic"

MtlTTDa.png

Then order by the newest, as newer posts usually has updated information about the issue.

KnE2NLd.png

Will not work every time, sometimes the same part is hit by different problems. But by reading the posts, you can get an idea about what's happening. As the most usual problems are already sorted, a lot of time can be saved by you using the Search by "Helping yourself" :)

22 minutes ago, Azic Minar said:

Mearly trying to be helpful. 

Well, you was. :)You made me remember that I should had posted this Search hint way earlier.

It was what I intended since the beginning with my detailed support answers, to build a comprehensive knowledge base using Forum. 

But then, I forgot to tell about while giving support. Exactly as you forgot about, and this is what lightened that little rusty bulb on my head. :)

17 hours ago, Azic Minar said:

I did but there wasn't! only config files for tweakscale. This happened for me on a fresh ckan installation aswell. I first thought I messed something up as I managed the mods. So I took my clean unmodded back up and went from there. 

So I was fairly certain it was a rogue patch at one point :)

thank you though! @Azic Minar

Edit: The hotfix Lisias shared fixed it for me by the way.

Edited by Cruss

6 hours ago, Cruss said:

I did but there wasn't! only config files for tweakscale. This happened for me on a fresh ckan installation aswell. I first thought I messed something up as I managed the mods. So I took my clean unmodded back up and went from there. 

That's the catch: there are TweakScale patches on RO. :)

See it for yourself:

Spoiler

a7vaNHh.png

On the bright side, RO Pull Request #2150 apparently is fixing this issue, so I think that soon this HotFix will not be necessary anymore! :)

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

That's the catch: there are TweakScale patches on RO. :)

See it for yourself:

Hide contents

a7vaNHh.png

On the bright side, RO Pull Request #2150 apparently is fixing this issue, so I think that soon this HotFix will not be necessary anymore! :)

Ahh yes, that is kinda what I ment. There are patches(config/cfg files) but no "actual copy of tweakscale" itself was present within the RO directory. Tweakscale is also not listed as a recommended mod on ckan:)

Good to know it'll be fixed soon though! 

Hey, can anyone help me with a small problem i'm having?

I recently decided to go back to 1.6.1 after an issue with 1.8.1 caused all the engines in AirplanePlus to not load textures properly.

However, TweakScale is now complaining that there are fatal errors with SXT installed, and I want to use both. How can I fix this?

I cannot seem to make a PasteBin post for the log (400 Bad Request) so I have instead elected to add a Google Drive link here.

Thank you in advance for help.

@Vectorv12 The problem lines in the log can be found by opening it in a text editor and searching for [Tweakscale] error: **fatal**

For example the first result (there are 6 in total) is:

[LOG 01:51:18.809] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on SXTInlineAirIntake (XM-600 1.25m Air Intake).
[LOG 01:51:18.809] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part SXTInlineAirIntake (XM-600 1.25m Air Intake) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).

It tells you which part had the problem and which type of problem it was.

You then want to go to the Logs/ModuleManager folder and open the ModuleManager.log. Searching that file for the part names (SXTInlineAirIntake in the first case) will let you identify all the patches that were applied to those parts and looking through those files will help find where the issues are coming from.

Edited by Aelfhe1m

17 hours ago, Vectorv12 said:

Hey, can anyone help me with a small problem i'm having?

I recently decided to go back to 1.6.1 after an issue with 1.8.1 caused all the engines in AirplanePlus to not load textures properly.

However, TweakScale is now complaining that there are fatal errors with SXT installed, and I want to use both. How can I fix this?

Almost sure some lost patch forgotten on a subdir. Sometimes, new versions of Add'Ons change the name and/or the place of a patch in order to easy the maintenance efforts (I did it on TweakScale recently), and so by downgrading without removing all the old (or new) contents, you end up with two copies of the patches (the old and the new), both playing havoc with each other.

Following the hint from @Aelfhe1m, I will post too the UNIX command lines I use to munch the KSP.log - it's interesting to say the least! :)

cat KSP.log | grep "WriteDryCost"
[LOG 01:51:18.046] [TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost: Started
[LOG 01:51:18.877] [TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 2160 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 6 Show Stoppers found; 75 Sanity Check failed; 733 unscalable parts.

Well, we have only 6 FATALities here, so I can tell you in advance that TweakScale is not the Add'On involved on the downgrade problem. A huge amount of parts get FATALities when this happens. :)

cat KSP.log | grep "ERROR: \*\*FATAL"
[LOG 01:51:18.809] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part SXTInlineAirIntake (XM-600 1.25m Air Intake) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 01:51:18.809] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part SXTWingSmall (Mk0B Small Modular Wing) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 01:51:18.809] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part SXTWingLarge (FAT-460 Super-Lift Aeroplane Main Wing) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 01:51:18.815] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part SXTOsaulNoseCockpitAn225 (Kn-225 "Osaul Payload" Cockpit) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 01:51:18.815] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part SXTOsualRadCockpit (Mk.P-Yavka Radial Cockpit) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).
[LOG 01:51:18.830] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part SXTtruckbox (Truck Box) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).

All the six are from SXT, so they all probably shares the same root problem. It's a good news, because probably you have only one patch misbehaving on the whole system. When parts from multiple Add'Ons start to get problems, things are a bit more hairy to diagnose.

The next step is to check every patch being applied to the affected parts. Let's follow my hunch about all the parts sharing the same misbehaviour and check only SXTInlineAirIntake :

cat KSP.log | grep "Applying update" | grep "SXTInlineAirIntake"
[LOG 01:42:00.830] Applying update BDArmory/MMPatches/000000_HitpointModule/@PART[*] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:42:00.831] Applying update BDArmory/MMPatches/000000_HitpointModule/@PART[*] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part4Large.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]
[LOG 01:42:11.174] Applying update SpaceTuxIndustries/RecycledParts/AtomicAge/IntakeAtm/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake],@RESOURCE[IntakeAir],!RESOURCE[IntakeAtm]]:NEEDS[!WarpPlugin|!GTI] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:42:11.174] Applying update SpaceTuxIndustries/RecycledParts/AtomicAge/IntakeAtm/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake],@RESOURCE[IntakeAir],!RESOURCE[IntakeAtm]]:NEEDS[!WarpPlugin|!GTI] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part4Large.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]
[LOG 01:42:12.928] Applying update SXT/Patches/ModCompatibility/SXT_TweakScale/@PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:42:12.958] Applying update SXT/Patches/ModCompatibility/SXT_TweakScale/@PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part4Large.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]
[LOG 01:42:14.546] Applying update SXT/Patches/ModCompatibility/SXT_TweakScale/@PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:42:15.200] Applying update SXT/Patches/ModCompatibility/CCT/SXT-CCT/@PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:42:15.232] Applying update SXT/Patches/ModCompatibility/CCT/SXT-CCT/@PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part4Large.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]
[LOG 01:42:44.138] Applying update FerramAerospaceResearch/FerramAerospaceResearch/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:42:44.138] Applying update FerramAerospaceResearch/FerramAerospaceResearch/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part4Large.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]
[LOG 01:42:44.277] Applying update FerramAerospaceResearch/_FARPartModule/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[LaunchClamp]]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:42:44.277] Applying update FerramAerospaceResearch/_FARPartModule/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[LaunchClamp]]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part4Large.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]
[LOG 01:42:46.492] Applying update FerramAerospaceResearch/_FARPartModule/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[FARWingAerodynamicModel],!MODULE[FARControllableSurface]]:AFTER[FerramAerospaceResearch] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:42:46.492] Applying update FerramAerospaceResearch/_FARPartModule/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[FARWingAerodynamicModel],!MODULE[FARControllableSurface]]:AFTER[FerramAerospaceResearch] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part4Large.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]
[LOG 01:43:12.618] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:43:12.618] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part4Large.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]
[LOG 01:43:12.860] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir],#area]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:43:12.861] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir],#area]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part4Large.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]
[LOG 01:43:13.210] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir],#intakeTransformName]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:43:13.210] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir],#intakeTransformName]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part4Large.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]
[LOG 01:43:13.528] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir],#intakeSpeed]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:43:13.529] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir],#intakeSpeed]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part4Large.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]
[LOG 01:43:37.287] Applying update B9PartSwitch/CopyEventsPropagator/@PART:FOR[zzzzzz-B9PartSwitch] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:43:37.287] Applying update B9PartSwitch/CopyEventsPropagator/@PART:FOR[zzzzzz-B9PartSwitch] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part4Large.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]
[LOG 01:43:38.809] Applying update InterstellarFuelSwitch/PatchManager/ActiveMMPatches/IntegratedDecoupler/@PART[*]:FINAL to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:43:38.810] Applying update InterstellarFuelSwitch/PatchManager/ActiveMMPatches/IntegratedDecoupler/@PART[*]:FINAL to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part4Large.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]
[LOG 01:43:40.236] Applying update Kopernicus/Config/SolarPanels/@PART:FINAL to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:43:40.237] Applying update Kopernicus/Config/SolarPanels/@PART:FINAL to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part4Large.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]
[LOG 01:43:42.313] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/OreTanksFix/@PART[*]:FINAL to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:43:42.313] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/OreTanksFix/@PART[*]:FINAL to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part4Large.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]

Ugh… A huge lot of patches. Things can get messy, but let's keep cool and methodic on the subject. Let's see line be line.

And yeah, we found the problem!

[LOG 01:42:12.928] Applying update SXT/Patches/ModCompatibility/SXT_TweakScale/@PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:42:14.546] Applying update SXT/Patches/ModCompatibility/SXT_TweakScale/@PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]
[LOG 01:42:15.200] Applying update SXT/Patches/ModCompatibility/CCT/SXT-CCT/@PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree] to SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/airIntake/part2.cfg/PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]

We have the same patch file being applied to the same part three times, what's unusual! (to say the least). And now, I just remembered (old fart. memory not serving me as it used to…), this is an already detected problem. Newer versions of SXT have it fixed already, but you surely had to install a version where the fix were not applied yet.

(on a side note, I was wrong about the issue - I initially though about a double patching due renamed files - it's pretty usual, but as we saw, it's was not the only possible explanation).

But back to business, yeah, it's a known issued already. So I used my own hint about (the Search) and looked by mentions of the SXTInlineAirIntake on this topic. Since this was already fixed on SXT, the newer entries would only state that the thing is already fixed on the upstream, so I gone for the older ones where SXT fixes where not applied yet. And bingo, found it here. However, I never issued a HotFix for SXT, as the SXT maintainer promptly updated his Add"On once I pushed a pull request with the fix.

But now, we have a new problem to cope.  I'm not sure if that file will work fine to SXT 0.3.27 , the one you installed. This version was issue on Apr 19, while the first SXT released with the fix is SXT 0.3.28.2, from Jun 17. And this one is for KSP 1.7.0. =/

So, and now we are going into uncharted waters, let's try a stunt. This will void your warranty for sure, but since you are on a (now) very old KSP version, chances are that you have none anyway :P .

So I checked the Git History of that patch and learn that aside this fix of mine and another one from a previous change from the maintainer, this file is the same since 2017. But that previous change would break the TweakScale patch for MEMLanderSXT (this part would be not scalable). Well. you can't have the cake and eat it too. Let's try the easy way out first:

• Download this file.
    • Click on "Raw"
  • Move the downloaded file overwriting the old file on your KSP Installment

If you can live without scaling the MEM Lander from SXT (are you aware that it conflicts with a DLC on the SXT version you are using, right?), I think this will solve your issue - besides creating an inconvenience at the same time.

If it doesn't not solve your problem, and/or create a new one that you don't want to cope, kick me here again and I will cook a HotFix for you. I could not do it by know, as I'm working (yeah) and writing this post slowly from on the past two hours (while taking a break from the RL task) - no KSP on the new machine, so I cannot test things, so I will not dare to publish anything.

I expect to have an easy day or two this week, so I can do a better job by then. Right now, this is the best (or less worst! :P ) I could do. Let me know one way or another! 

Cheers!