Jump to content

[1.4.4 <= KSP <= 1.11.2] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.5.0 - 2021-0410


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Delta dart said:

Large boats part pack now issues a fatal error when used with this mod. It gives a showstopper error and then forces a shutdown. If anyone could help me that would be appreciated as I a lot of my craft use tweak scale and I wan't to be able to use my planes with the aircraft carriers in this mod..

Install TweakScale Companion for SMCE. If anything goes wrong even with it installed, then publish the KSP.log on TweakScale Companion Program thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey

I have the same issue over and over again...in every KSP-version.

1) Actuall I have a fresh KSP-install v1.11

2) Installed the mod "KSP Recall"

3) Installed the mod "tweackScale"

4)...

5) No profit

 

I still can not change many items, like the robotic stock parts or antennas or...or...or.

What can I do to at least can make the robotic parts bigger?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello WolfS, I'm sure someone will try to help soon.... but they may need more information as no one on here are mind readers, please read  this post how to get support for your problem, @Lisias is always working hard to help with his mods, but he would not know where to start with the basic info you have provided.

Good luck, it won't take long if you provide the info...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WolfS said:

Hey

I have the same issue over and over again...in every KSP-version.

1) Actuall I have a fresh KSP-install v1.11

2) Installed the mod "KSP Recall"

3) Installed the mod "tweackScale"

4)...

5) No profit

 

I still can not change many items, like the robotic stock parts or antennas or...or...or.

What can I do to at least can make the robotic parts bigger?

 

 

IDK if it makes a difference, but I have never installed Recall manually.. If it comes bundled I'm using it but I just install Tweakscale itself, it works for me. It won't behave properly with Restock if that's applicable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

is it broken for tech saves? 

Did you see any Exceptions or misbehaviours while playing it? If you find something, let me know.

Until the moment, there're no known problems on TweakScale while playing Career or Science - other than allowing you to scale things beyound reasonably limits. :)

If you are concerned about spoiling a Career or Science save, let me know - the latest TweakScale has features to selectively (and safely) deactivating Support for arbitrary parts, without compromising existing savegames and crafts.

Edited by Lisias
Better phrasing - I was on a hurry.
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lisias said:

Did you see any Exceptions or misbehaviours while playing it? If you find something, let me know.

Until the moment, there're no known problems on TweakScale while playing Career or Science - other than allowing you to scale things beyound reasonably limits. :)

If you are concerned about spoiling a Career or Science save, let me know - the latest TweakScale has features to selectively (and safely) deactivating Support for arbitrary parts, without compromising existing savegames and crafts.

Good to hear the Career problems are solved. I have yet to install TweakScale or have a Science save yet but its someone i wanna do. 

I will let you know if i run into any issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Good to hear the Career problems are solved. I have yet to install TweakScale or have a Science save yet but its someone i wanna do. 

I will let you know if i run into any issues.

Interesting. I had played Career on the 1.4.x era using TweakScale (it was how I got involved on this), and I don't remember problems on it (other than the problems I was getting everywhere, of course). We had a lot of problems on 3rd party patches, some others on TweakScale itself, we had used TweakScale to diagnose some bordeline situations inside KSP itself (as the zero ou negative mass problem) and for a lot of time my focus was hunting down these rogue patches and borderline situations and cook safety-measures to help on this task.

But once the patching is successful, no misbheaviour were detected on Career. (there're some technical debts on TweakScale, of course, but they don't affect Career specifically, the misbehaviours are consistent on all game modes)

What we have is a lack of support from Custom Tech Trees - TweakScale is available on Career the same way it's available on Sandbox - if you have access to a part, you can scale it at will - no restrictions applied.

Edited by Lisias
tyops!
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am running tweakscale on 11.2 now, everything is going swimmingly. I am running Restock as well (no companion scared to bork). But for googlers etc, KSP 1.11.2 Tweakscale is soft compatible at the moment. You'll get a warning, but I've run maybe 70 hours in Science mode no issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Interesting. I had played Career on the 1.4.x era using TweakScale (it was how I got involved on this), and I don't remember problems on it (other than the problems I was getting everywhere, of course). We had a lot of problems on 3rd party patches, some others on TweakScale itself, we had used TweakScale to diagnose some bordeline situations inside KSP itself (as the zero ou negative mass problem) and for a lot of time my focus was hunting down these rogue patches and borderline situations and cook safety-measures to help on this task.

But once the patching is successful, no misbheaviour were detected on Career. (there're some technical debts on TweakScale, of course, but they don't affect Career specifically, the misbehaviours are consistent on all game modes)

What we have is a lack of support from Custom Tech Trees - TweakScale is available on Career the same way it's available on Sandbox - if you have access to a part, you can scale it at will - no restrictions applied.

This is what i was referring to, im actualy now getting confused lol.

On 10/17/2018 at 10:36 AM, Lisias said:

KSP 1.11.0 broke TweakScale (and probably every add'on that changes the value of the part after launch) in a way that's impossible to use such add'ons on a Career game

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ElonsMusk said:

I am running tweakscale on 11.2 now, everything is going swimmingly. I am running Restock as well (no companion scared to bork). But for googlers etc, KSP 1.11.2 Tweakscale is soft compatible at the moment. You'll get a warning, but I've run maybe 70 hours in Science mode no issues.

The warning is about Recall, but looking on the problem again (now that the dragon is tamed), I think I should issue the warning only on loading or creating Career saves.

People using only Sandbox don't really need to install Recall, as Funds are just not an issue on it.

Just now, xD-FireStriker said:

This is what i was referring to, im actualy now getting confused lol.

Now I understand!!! :D 

This problem is a mishap inside KSP itself, not TweakScale related - and to tell you the true, it affects every single add'ons that changes the cost of the part somehow (fuel switches, damage or wearing, custom cargo, etc).

So I didn't associated it to TweakScale itself! :P 

So, yeah - by installing KSP-Recall, the problems on recovering Funds are worked around (at least, on the use cases we could detect it - if you find something new, yell for help on KSP Recall thread being TweakScale related or not!).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2021 at 12:10 AM, bcqJC said:

Lisias, I have attached the logs to issue 92 above.  As I've said, I have a workaround for it so it is not a biggie for me.

Thanks!

Jesus Christ, I ended up forgetting about your report! #facePalm

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/92#issuecomment-804548359

I will give a peek on it this weekend! Sorry!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know the list of stock/DLC parts which are incompatible with TweakScale as of 1.11.x (with Recall)?

I've been poking around, but I haven't been able to find this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, LittleBitMore said:

Does anyone know the list of stock/DLC parts which are incompatible with TweakScale as of 1.11.x (with Recall)?

There's none.

The problem IS NOT some incompatibility with TweakScale. It's a bug on KSP itself that was miscalculating the funds on recovery, and this problem affects all add'ons that change cost, not only TweakScale.

KSP-Recall doesn't fix any add'on, it works around these KSP problems so all add'ons that change cost can work fine on KSP 1.11.x - as they were working fine on KSP 1.10.x and previous.

Edited by Lisias
Tyops, as usulla...
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question. if I do a manual install, do I just extract everything in the "Gamedata" folder of the .zip into my gamedata directory?

i don't want to install via CKAN, as it tells me to get ksp recall, when i don't need it.

i'm on 1.10.1.

Edited by CollectingSP
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CollectingSP said:

Quick question. if I do a manual install, do I just extract everything in the "Gamedata" folder of the .zip into my gamedata directory?

i don't want to install via CKAN, as it tells me to get ksp recall, when i don't need it.

i'm on 1.10.1.

Basicaly, yes, just be careful that you not nest gamedata folder within gamedata folder. Quite common mistake that is easy oversighted.
You can find more useful tips how to install mods in this thread, to avoid any doubts of properly installled mods:

That being said, you should not avoid installing KSP recall on KSP 1.10.1., it is marked as dependency of tweakscale for a reason.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2021 at 8:05 PM, CollectingSP said:

i don't want to install via CKAN, as it tells me to get ksp recall, when i don't need it.

KSP have some fixes for KSP 1.10.x too but, granted, they are not as critical as the KSP 1.11.x ones.

KSP 1.9.x on the other hand has also a pretty nasty flaw affecting all add'ons that customise resources (this one affecting all game modes) and so KSP-Recall is needed by TweakScale on it. 

Problem is that CKAN doesn't have support for "KSP Versions specific requirements" - it's everything or nothing.

However, I agree with you, you should not be forced into downloading a dependency you don't need, and I had engineered TwealScale and Recall to allow such flexibility.

I'm working on a possible solution for this problem.

 

12 hours ago, kcs123 said:

That being said, you should not avoid installing KSP recall on KSP 1.10.1., it is marked as dependency of tweakscale for a reason.

That's the problem - on this specific use case, Recall was marked as a dependency because there was no other way to guarantee having Recall installed for KSP 1.9 and KSP 1.11, where the Recall absence would play havoc with a lot of add'ons, TweakScale one of them. There're really no need for install Recall on 1.10.x due TweakScale, the work arounds it provides are targeted at things completely unrelated to TweakScale and that will not bother a significantly portion of the user base.

Had CKAN a way to choose dependencies based on the target KSP version being installed, I would be using it but since it's all of them or none of them, we had to pick up this stunt from our hats.

Now with things settled up (the Refunding stunt has stuck, apparently!), I have time to consider new solutions for this problem. Let's see what we can do about.

 

-- -- -- POST EDIT -- -- -- 

People interested on this problem are invited to follow this thread.

Edited by Lisias
post edit
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 1:22 AM, Lisias said:

There's none.

The problem IS NOT some incompatibility with TweakScale. It's a bug on KSP itself that was miscalculating the funds on recovery, and this problem affects all add'ons that change cost, not only TweakScale.

KSP-Recall doesn't fix any add'on, it works around these KSP problems so all add'ons that change cost can work fine on KSP 1.11.x - as they were working fine on KSP 1.10.x and previous.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, even robotics parts now work? If so, then man, I should play KSP again

Edited by LittleBitMore
the newfangled quote system failed me
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, LittleBitMore said:

So if I'm understanding this correctly, even robotics parts now work? If so, then man, I should play KSP again

If someone writes the patches for it, it will probably work. The problem is not incompatibility, it's lack of support

 - I didn't had time to write and test patches for the Robotics yet.

Edited by Lisias
My keyboard is trolling me!!!
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LittleBitMore said:

So if I'm understanding this correctly, even robotics parts now work? If so, then man, I should play KSP again

I want to point out that you can scale child parts of robotics now. This used to cause problems, not anymore. I haven't messed with scaling robotic parts themselves though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 8:05 PM, CollectingSP said:

i don't want to install via CKAN, as it tells me to get ksp recall, when i don't need it.

I could not manage to find a solution for this problem, I'm sorry.

There're some limitations on CKAN that I can't work around, and the CKAN guys are satisfied with the current solution - so I can't further help on this.

Any further discussions about CKAN should be redirect to CKAN thread. 

Cheers!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TrackerAerospace said:

Is there any way to remove the warning at startup? I’m running lots of mods, old and new, and I don’t see a reason for tweakscale to warn me about compatibility every time I start the game especially since I know patches will never be made...

If the warnings are being issued every time you boot KSP, you have errors on the MM patching process. TweakScale stops emitting the non fatal warnings once the MM cache is one hour old, and the MM cache only gets built when the patching process is completed.

Publish your KSP.log and I will see what can be done. Patches can only be made when I know they need to be made.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...