[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

4 hours ago, WhatALovelyNick said:

Thanks! I tried to edit TweakScale.cfg's from various addons which are in "patches" folder. It was efficient (i some ways), but didn't work for everything.

And now i have the knowledge! :)

The knowledge to bring  Kerbin to its DESTINY!!!! Behold, Kerbals, the Tower of DOOM REDUX!!!

HdEovx2.png

:sticktongue:

9 hours ago, Giancarlo Kerman said:

Hello there friends, I am not sure what DLL im missing but every time I add a part, it causes an input lock :( 

I don't think this is TweakScale related, I think you can get better results on the Modded Support Thread. Be sure to had read this thread first, as it explains how to give in advance needed information, saving a lot of time on the process.

On a wild guess, you may have a 3rd party DLL borking on load and, due a KSP bug on a thingy called AssemblyResolver, after this bork everything else borks too at DLL load. I don't think this is related (at least directly) to TweakScale because TweakScale checks at startup if its auxiliary code was loaded and yells on you if not, and this happens still while loading KSP.

In a way or another, without the KSP.log we are in the dark and can't help.

ANNOUNCE

Release 2.4.6.2 :P is available for downloading, with the following changes:

• Maintenance Release.
  • Closes Issues:
    • #208 Chain Scaling Parts with variants are borking when the parent part is inverted
    • #207 The Upgrade Pipeline thingy (or something else?) is playing havoc with TweakScale 
    • #175 Wrong displacement of the attached part placed inverted when scaling its parent
    • #163 Radial Symmetry (when using variants) are misplacing parts.
    • #131 Chain Scaling parts is playing havoc with the Radial Attachment Positions. 
    • #36 TweakScale Warning] Exception during ModulePartVariants interaction

See OP for the links.

Notes

While fixing a lot of annoying (and one serious) bugs, some others still remain and I probably created another one (still researching if it's really my fault). But, overall, this release is way more useable and stable than the previous one.

In the mean time, behold your Destiny, oh Kerbals, this is the Tower Of Doom Overdrive!!! 

The madness never ends! :sticktongue:

screenshot8

— — — — —

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  • CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Right now.

The reasoning is to gradually distribute the Release to easily monitor the deployment and cope with eventual mishaps - RL™ is bitting.

Edited by Lisias
Distribution Channels are up to date.

Some sidenote, since I got some report of thonkscale errors on the discord and I also encounter it myself: Please don't use usi mod bleeding edge version. It seems broke all mods including b9partswitch and tweakscale for some reasons (how?). If you have fellow errors please uninstall any recent usi bleeding edge mods and install back the stable version:

pVqwXbL.png

(I deleted usi folder and they all gone)

Edited by ssd21345

6 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

Some sidenote, since I got some report of thonkscale errors on the discord and I also encounter it myself: Please don't use usi mod bleeding edge version. It seems broke all mods including b9partswitch and tweakscale for some reasons (how?). If you have fellow errors please uninstall any recent usi bleeding edge mods and install back the stable version:

pVqwXbL.png

This is more a KSP fatal flaw than only a USI mishap.

USI probably is doing the same I am on KSPe (Light, on TweakScale case): decluttering the API from bad ideas. If you do it right, you can keep source  code compatibility (i.e. just recompile - hate this word - and you are set).

But binary code compatability is sometimes non achievable. I fought 1 year until I had to give up binary compatibility - and yeah, it sucks: it royally screws up things. Check the Linux Kernel dev mailing list for examples of how bad this can be.

So, you deliver a new API level with broken binary compatability and so you have to update everything that uses it, as I had to do with KSPe.Light.TweakScale (and now you should be having an idea about the reason DOE, Recall and KAX have their own versions of KSPe.Light - I knew this was going to happen someday and so I boxed each add'on on its own mini ecosystem).

But additionally to all this pain,  we have KSP messing up things even more: there's a huge and fatal flaw on a critical component called AssemblyResolver: when a loading DLL fails due a missing or incomplete dependency, the Resolver breaks some thing inside the System.Reflection and, from that point,  EVERYTHING BORKS RELENTLESSLY

So, yeah, USI is changing an API and it's breaking some legacy, but this should be affecting only its dependent DLLs - but KSP makes the situation way worse spreading the pain to everybody else.

Edited by Lisias
rephrasing - typing on a mobile is bad enough

So basically the real problem is that you wrote a super badass debugging system for Tweakscale that catches how broken everything else is instead of us just ignoring it and hoping it all works

Edited by Frostiken

11 hours ago, Frostiken said:

So basically the real problem is that you wrote a super badass debugging system for Tweakscale that catches how broken everything else is instead of us just ignoring it and hoping it all works

It was not what I intended to do at first, this happened more as an accident than a planned thing - but since the thing ended up yelling on everything that goes badly on the spot, I decided to further explore it and promote it as a core feature. :)

(Kerbals proposes, Kraken disposes - they say… :sticktongue:)

1 hour ago, viperwolf said:

Sorry if I missed it, did 2.4.6.1 fix the last bug where parts where loading weird Or should I stay 2.5.4.9 for now?

No. 2.4.6.2 does it. 

You can update now. :)

Edited by Lisias
Hit "Save" too soon.

On 10/27/2021 at 12:15 PM, ssd21345 said:

pVqwXbL.png

I encountered the same message after installing NavBall Texture Changer in 1.12.2. When I tried loading a save file I couldn't click the VAB, SPH or Tracking Station, uninstalling NBTC solved those issues, I previously used both TweakScale and NavBall Texture changer without issue in 1.11, with a similar set of mods.

Edited by _Krieger_
Additional info

6 hours ago, _Krieger_ said:

I encountered the same message after installing NavBall Texture Changer in 1.12.2. When I tried loading a save file I couldn't click the VAB, SPH or Tracking Station, uninstalling NBTC solved those issues, I previously used both TweakScale and NavBall Texture changer without issue in 1.11, with a similar set of mods.

Check the KSP.log for the first occurrence of an `Assembly Loader` error, like this one:

[ERR 14:41:14.058] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'MoleUtils': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000003 (from typeref, class/assembly WildBlueIndustries.Window`1, WildBlueTools, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKe
yToken=null)

On this example from a problem that happened with another Fellow Kerbonaut, we can determine that:

1. MoleUtils suffered a fatal problem when being loaded - so it was installed, it's not a missing dependency.
  2. It could not be loaded because it tried to link into a thingy called "type with token 01000003", and the DLL that used to provide this is the WildBlueTools.
    1. (TL;DR : this token stunt happens when things change drastically inside a DLL, and something that was there one, now it's not)
    2. This means that WildBlueTools is installed too! It's not missing neither!

So, on this case, I redirected the last victi… humm.. user that got this problem :) into the WildBlueTools maintainer, as he is the one that knows why this happened and how to fix - I can only pinpoint the problem.

On your case, you will find something similar (but probably not equal). By inspecting the first occurrence of that Assembly Loader Error (as everything borking later is due a fatal bug on the Assembly Loader itself), you will detect who is borking and, so, can find help from the responsible.

Drop me a link for your KSP.log (on dropbox or something) if you need help on this.

Cheers! (and doog luck! :sticktongue:)

Edited by Lisias
better phrasing

On 10/29/2021 at 1:16 PM, Lisias said:

Check the KSP.log for the first occurrence of an `Assembly Loader` error, like this one:

[ERR 14:41:14.058] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'MoleUtils': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000003 (from typeref, class/assembly WildBlueIndustries.Window`1, WildBlueTools, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKe
yToken=null)

On this example from a problem that happened with another Fellow Kerbonaut, we can determine that:

1. MoleUtils suffered a fatal problem when being loaded - so it was installed, it's not a missing dependency.
  2. It could not be loaded because it tried to link into a thingy called "type with token 01000003", and the DLL that used to provide this is the WildBlueTools.
    1. (TL;DR : this token stunt happens when things change drastically inside a DLL, and something that was there one, now it's not)
    2. This means that WildBlueTools is installed too! It's not missing neither!

So, on this case, I redirected the last victi… humm.. user that got this problem :) into the WildBlueTools maintainer, as he is the one that knows why this happened and how to fix - I can only pinpoint the problem.

On your case, you will find something similar (but probably not equal). By inspecting the first occurrence of that Assembly Loader Error (as everything borking later is due a fatal bug on the Assembly Loader itself), you will detect who is borking and, so, can find help from the responsible.

Drop me a link for your KSP.log (on dropbox or something) if you need help on this.

Cheers! (and doog luck! :sticktongue:)

Thanks for getting back, I'll reinstall the other mod and check the Log.

Got a bug, not sure if old or not:  When applying tweakscale to a part that has copies in symmetry, the copies will adjust in size, but their nodes will not.

Here's a plate that was resized with tweakscale:

uZqC7vA.png

All of it's nodes are in the correct position.

Here's one of the symmetry copies:

K9IxKJV.png

Nodes are smaller and in the wrong positions.

Just looked at Github, this might be related to issue 197 and 131?

59 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

Got a bug, not sure if old or not:  When applying tweakscale to a part that has copies in symmetry, the copies will adjust in size, but their nodes will not.

I think it'd an old, but now with a way better bug description! Thanks and congrats! :)

59 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

Just looked at Github, this might be related to issue 197 and 131?

I think this is more related to https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/139 but I may be wrong.

In a way or another, thanks for the report! I will work on this next WeekEnd!

— — POST EDIT — — 

In the mean time, try to:

1) Change the Variant with the default scale, and then scale it up/down

or

2) Scale the part up/down, and then change the Varint.

This will help to pinpoint where the problem really is (confirming my thesis), and perhaps allows you to work around the mishap in the mean time!

Edited by Lisias
post edit

10 hours ago, Lisias said:

In the mean time, try to:

1) Change the Variant with the default scale, and then scale it up/down

or

2) Scale the part up/down, and then change the Varint.

This will help to pinpoint where the problem really is (confirming my thesis), and perhaps allows you to work around the mishap in the mean time!

1:  the 3 mirror parts have misaligned nodes after doing this.

2:  All 4 parts have misaligned nodes after this.

Hope that helps!

14 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

1:  the 3 mirror parts have misaligned nodes after doing this.

2:  All 4 parts have misaligned nodes after this.

Hope that helps!

Uh… to tell you the true, this just screwed up everything…. :sticktongue:

Anyway… It appears I'm not calling some routine at all, instead of having a badly coded routine. So perhaps things can be slightly easier for me now. :)

Thanks for the heads up!

• 2 weeks later...

Something strange started to happen with TweakScale for me. The parts are either too big or too small when I place them in VAB\SPH or detach and move to another place. They have normal size when I select them  and shrink\expand only when I attach them.
I can't say when exactly it happened and what caused it and I don't remember when I updated TweakScale to latst release. I will try to reinstall TweakScale today and see what hapens.

16363100065520.jpg 16363140362660.png 16363140362771.png 16363140362882.png

1 hour ago, SuppaTenko said:

Something strange started to happen with TweakScale for me. The parts are either too big or too small when I place them in VAB\SPH or detach and move to another place. They have normal size when I select them  and shrink\expand only when I attach them.
I can't say when exactly it happened and what caused it and I don't remember when I updated TweakScale to latst release. I will try to reinstall TweakScale today and see what hapens.

16363100065520.jpg 16363140362660.png 16363140362771.png 16363140362882.png

I could not reproduce this problem on a vanilla 1.12.2 instalment. So it's something on your rig for sure.

I will need the craft file in which this happens, your KSP.log, the MM Patch log and the MM Cache.

KSP.log is on the same place the executable for the KSP is.

The MM Patch Log is on the directory Logs.

The MM Cache is on the GameData directory.

It seems that something is screwing up the default scale of this gear. What you describes happens when the prefab default value differs from what was used to create the craft. So it's surely something that you have installed since, or perhaps deinstalled (i.e., you created the craft with a broken installment, and now it's loading the crippled craft on a sane instalment).

— — POST EDIT — — 

Check if Auto-Scale is not active (CTRL-L). The Auto Scale tries to match the scaling of the current part using the parent part's size automatically!!

Hit CTRL-L and see if it solves the issue!

Edited by Lisias
post edit

27 minutes ago, Jokpau Gaming said:

I got 60 fatal errors when trying to load a new instance of KSP. I don't have any part mods in there, just some visual and gameplay mods.  KSP log link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qqUjajGisXNWUAy4zmkTgSd6nfNkU6Zi/view?usp=sharing What should I do?

You have the deprecated TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs installed:

[LOG 16:33:20.500] Config(@PART[ServiceModule18]) TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs/Payload/@PART[ServiceModule18]

It's some years since TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs was available for downloading - it was internalised and updated on TweakScale since them.

Remove the directory GameData/TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs and you will be fine.

Cheers!

On 11/10/2021 at 3:49 PM, Lisias said:

— — POST EDIT — — 

Check if Auto-Scale is not active (CTRL-L). The Auto Scale tries to match the scaling of the current part using the parent part's size automatically!!

Hit CTRL-L and see if it solves the issue!

Ctrl-L wasn't working for me for some reason. Nothing bad was in ksp.log and console. I solved the problem by complete manual TweakScale reinstall.

5 minutes ago, SuppaTenko said:

Ctrl-L wasn't working for me for some reason. Nothing bad was in ksp.log and console. I solved the problem by complete manual TweakScale reinstall.

Well, that works too. :)

By completely removing the TweakScale folder, you also removed the file GameData/TweakScale/Plugins/PluginData/config.xml where this option is persisted.

What I don't understand is how you could activated it if CTRL-L is not responsive on your rig.

Anyway, removing the file mentioned above would do the same result if something like this happens again.