[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

Aaa, KSP is saying "Houston, we have a Problem" and says My files can get corrupted at any time. Can you please help me? the mods I Have are:Tweakscale,Kerbal Planetary Base systems,KSP Interstellar extended,Time control 2.0, and some galaxy extensions. 

Can it corrupt my save if I delete duplicated properties by hand in the cfgs? - I look for them in the Log and often there's just two entries for one part in the patch config of the mod for tweakscale

Edited by Neros7

On 4/23/2020 at 11:40 PM, thelegend08 said:

Aaa, KSP is saying "Houston, we have a Problem" and says My files can get corrupted at any time. Can you please help me? the mods I Have are:Tweakscale,Kerbal Planetary Base systems,KSP Interstellar extended,Time control 2.0, and some galaxy extensions. 

Maybe even I can help - please log and screenshot!

Nobody can help without them

Edited by Neros7

On 4/23/2020 at 6:40 PM, thelegend08 said:

As @Neros7 said, I need your full KSP.log in order to check what's happening. The ModuleManager.ConfigCache is useful too, doesn't hurts to send it too. On the post below you will find full instructions about how to get support.

Spoiler

On 4/25/2020 at 8:28 AM, Neros7 said:

Can it corrupt my save if I delete duplicated properties by hand in the cfgs? - I look for them in the Log and often there's just two entries for one part in the patch config of the mod for tweakscale

If you know what you are doing, nope. But a single mistake or typo, and you may be doomed (it depends if the savegame uses that doomed part or not). Usually, it's better to fix the patches that are borking on you. See above for ahow to send me the needed information so I can help .

ANNOUNCE

Release 2.4.3.12 is available for downloading.

IT'S IMPERATIVE THAT YOU COMPLETELY DELETE ANY EXISTING VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING when updating manually.

This new version have the following changes:

• Some more care on supporting Stock and DLC parts 
  • Patches for KIS and KAS have reached End of Life.
    • Futher support will be added on respectives TweakScale Companions, to be published soon.
    • It will be removed and archived into the Extras/Deprecated on the next TweakScale minor version.
  • Issues Fixed:
    • #7 Update some patches to KSP 1.5 and 1.6 (rework)
    • #35 Check for new parts on KSP 1.7 (rework)
    • #73 Support the new parts for KSP 1.8 (rework)
    • #95 Give some care to the Warnings system
    • #101 Add Support for KSP 1.9

See OP for the links.

Highlights

KSP 1.9.x Support

The FTE-1 Drain Valve is being scaled, however not properly. Mass and size scales fine, but the drain rate does not. See Issue #102 for details.

Users of KSP 1.9.0 and 1.9.1 are advised to install KSP Recall. Future KSP releases may or may not fix the glitch - but until there, you need KSP Recall to use TweakScale on KSP 1.9.x . 

Keep an eye on the Known Issues file.

— — — — —

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  • CurseForge. Right now.
  • SpaceDock (and CKAN users), Tuesday night

The reasoning is to gradually distribute the Release to easily monitor the deployment and cope with eventual mishaps.

Edited by Lisias
Kraken damned grammers. :P

46 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

@Lisias I just wanted to notify you your download still has an old module manager file in it that should be updated  unless this is intentional 

It's intentional. It's the safer MM version able to work on every KSP supported by TweakScale, and since newer MM versions automatically overrule older ones, doesn't hurt to keep it on the package and keep it useable for everybody: more savvy users had already a recent version installed.

Some users, on the other hand, are adept of the "Minimum Effort Principle" (dumb translation from my mother tongue - I know there's something equivalent on EN, but my memory failed me), they prefer to just unzip the package into the GameData and call it a day. If I update it to the latest MM, I may induce this user to bork his instalment, as MM is not known to value backwards compatibility too much - the exact opposite of TweakScale's philosophy.

On 4/23/2020 at 2:31 PM, kcs123 said:

Usually, you can take a screenshot with that message on screen, so you don't need to remember each word and wrote here what was that message about. Do that before clicking on any other button. If for some odd reason it does not work same message will be available in log files. It is very difficult for anyone to help you without knowing exactly what message is.

Sometimes is already well known issue and solution can be found by searching forum posts. In other times you may be encountering some new issue that neither of users or mod createor is familiar with. Again, noone can give you straight and acurate answer without more info about it. This thread may help you with finding proper log and other files:

Contrary popular belief, programmers are not psychics, can't predict everything (despite trying) and can't read other people minds. Help them with required files to be able to help you.

Thank you for writing this all out for me, I appreciate it. I do know that about submitting logs and of course programmers aren’t psychics! They’re doing this for fun and for free, and I appreciate that as well.

I’ve read enough of these threads over the 5-6 years I’ve been playing KSP... I just don’t usually post.

Again, it was a weekend night and I was more “thirsty” earlier on in the night than when I posted (I hope that doesn’t upset the moderators). So I didn’t think to screenshot it. But you’re right that would have been the obvious and correct thing to do. 

Lisias, when I said “c’mon son”... I think that got lost in translation. It’s a quote from a show. I was just playing around, not trying to demeaning. Nothing about my post was meant to be an insult or anything like that. I was trying to joke around but obviously this format does not lend itself well to humor. I apologize. 

Anyways, guys or girls, it’s all good. My post was unnecessary. My computer just takes a while to load my modded install, so when it gets to the menu screen, I have a tendency to be like “ok enough waiting let’s play already” and unfortunately I’ve hit that “ok” button I was talking about and immediately quit the game several times, by accident.

I’ve learned to be more careful about it, but I did it again the other night and I was just frustrated... so I was suggesting an alternative to how the buttons are currently set up. But since I wasn’t thinking 100% clearly, I started joking around.

Again, apologies Lisias! I don’t know what I would do without the work you do on this, so thank you! Let’s all please just ignore what I wrote and move forward, if that’s alright. I’ll see if I can delete it. :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Sebastiaz said:

Hey, was wondering if it was possible to create a Tweakscale companion for SM Marine itself? Thankyou!

It's on the backlog. It will be implemented here:

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScaleCompanion_SMCE

And yeah, I'm a huge fan of SMCE's Add'Ons too. :) Eventually all of them will be supported - I wish we could find a way to legally distribute them again, they worth it.

I choose to shove all SMCE add'ons on the same Companion because they are frozen on time so it's very unlikely they will change, so keeping a Companion for each one separately would be just a waste of efforts.

20 minutes ago, Hrishabh said:

Hello i got a tweak scale message that my  save could get  corrupted and i should  talk  here sharing my log file and people will help me here  to resolve it 
KSP LOG FILE

I looked at your log, and it looks like a bunch of badly written patches from BladeTweaks are corrupting TweakScale definitions for several parts.  I've never heard of this mod.

12 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

I looked at your log, and it looks like a bunch of badly written patches from BladeTweaks are corrupting TweakScale definitions for several parts.  I've never heard of this mod.

Everything I installed is from ckan 
 what should ido uninstall BladeTweaks ?

@Hrishabh Did you install it recently or had it awhile?  Can you your save function without it? I've never heard of this mod before and deleting it might create problems for your save if you have relied on some of the behavior it introduces.  It looks like most if not all the problems come from BladeTweaks\Squad-TweakScale.cfg and GameData\BladeTweaks\MakeingHistory-TweakScale.cfg.   You might try just renaming the patches so that they end .txt which will keep them from loading. 

It looks like this guy tried to add TweakScale support for parts Squad added for 1.8 before @Lisias added support for them to TweakScale, so you end up doublign up on some the TweakScale attributes.  He's also writing the patches using :FOR[TweakScale] instead of :NEEDS[TweakScale] which is bad form. 

If your feel like trying to repair the mod it doesn't look complicated.  There are several parts where the mod author is adding TweakScale support for parts that didn't have it at the time, but he didn't take into account the case where these patches would eventually exist, so they all have the same problem.

BAD:

// Size2 Solid Boosters
@PART[Clydesdale]:FOR[TweakScale] // Clydesdale (solidBoosterS2-33) for KSP >= 1.8
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[SRB]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}

Better:

// Size2 Solid Boosters
@PART[Clydesdale]:NEEDS[TweakScale] // Clydesdale (solidBoosterS2-33) for KSP >= 1.8
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[SRB]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %type = stack       // add % to change existing entry or add if it doesn't exist
        %defaultScale = 2.5 // add % to change existing entry or add if it doesn't exist
    }
}

Best:

You can just remove the patches for the affected parts, they are obsolete anyway. Just find the patch for each of the Showstopper parts in the BladeTweaks files and either delete them or comment them out. The log you uploaded lists all the problem parts near the end of the log. They all take the form

[LOG 05:54:58.886] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on Clydesdale (S2-33 "Clydesdale" Solid Fuel Booster).

[LOG 05:54:58.887] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part Clydesdale (S2-33 "Clydesdale" Solid Fuel Booster) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

6 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

[LOG 05:54:58.886] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on Clydesdale (S2-33 "Clydesdale" Solid Fuel Booster).

[LOG 05:54:58.887] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part Clydesdale (S2-33 "Clydesdale" Solid Fuel Booster) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

DAMN, I knew I had forgot something on this last release! That Warning is useless and redundant, I intended to get rid of it on .12 but forgot about. :blush:

Well... ..13 will be issue when I manage to define the Event that will handle that Attachment Problem on Recall, but this time I will remember for sure. :D

7 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

It looks like this guy tried to add TweakScale support for parts Squad added for 1.8 before @Lisias added support for them to TweakScale, so you end up doublign up on some the TweakScale attributes.  He's also writing the patches using :FOR[TweakScale] instead of :NEEDS[TweakScale] which is bad form. 

I checked the NetKan, and found it here : https://github.com/blade1981m/BladeTweaks

These patches (see this one) came from the Beta Development branch of TweakScale. Even the remarks are identical - and these patches are Beta (no to mention DEVELOPMENT) for a reason. :)

I don't mind (i even encourage!) people tweaking patches to tailor the game to their needs and wishes, but usually it's a nice idea to:

• Give proper credit of the used work
  • Avoid pushing into the mainstream things without proper testing, mainly when using code/patches from a Beta Development branch.
    • It's certain that this will cause problems because eventually the development branch will be pushed into the maintream - or will be dropped due problems.
  • When doing it on TweakScale, please read my recommendations.

I think the permissive licensing terms of TweakScale are in need to be revisited.

Thanks for the heads up, buddy!

On 10/16/2018 at 4:36 PM, Lisias said:

As from 2018-1016 and under @pellinor agreement, I'm the New Management for TweakScale. From now on, it's all officially my fault! :D 

In a Hurry:

@Lisias - FYI, The second hyperlink to KSP Recall (the one under "IMPORTANT") is linking to your forum profile instead of to KSP Recall.