[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

19 hours ago, Lisias said:

It worths to mention that B9PS stopped yelling on me after removing RO, so I'm pretty sure that one of the things installed due RO was screwing it up. Since this is something related to B9PS and/or RO, I think you should reach them for help to fix this one, assuming you really want to keep RO installed - remember that by installing RO, you will lose your crafts scalings as RO uses a completely different (and incompatible) scaling system.

Cheers!

Wow that was a lot of work and effort, thank you very much, you really try to go to the end of the thing for to find a solution and I really appreciate that, now for the time being, and as I say previously, removing KSPwheels fix the issue of the non-sized parts, in my game things go back to normal, with exception of the warning messages of tweakscale at loading the game and BP9 (not sure if I´m using that specific part, so maybe I will call the janitor closet), so in the end, the problem is solved for me, as I can´t see any anomaly that prevent me to keep playing my game.

Thanks again, and cheers!

26 minutes ago, Makrom said:

Wow that was a lot of work and effort, thank you very much, you really try to go to the end of the thing for to find a solution and I really appreciate that, now for the time being, and as I say previously, removing KSPwheels fix the issue of the non-sized parts, in my game things go back to normal, with exception of the warning messages of tweakscale at loading the game and BP9 (not sure if I´m using that specific part, so maybe I will call the janitor closet), so in the end, the problem is solved for me, as I can´t see any anomaly that prevent me to keep playing my game.

Constantly backup your savegames, just in case. B9PS doesn't complain just because, it usually has a reason for doing that (as TS does, by the way). You may have a ticking bomb planted on your GameData waiting for the opportunity to blow up (been there, done that - pretty embarrassing, by the way… :blush:).

30 minutes ago, Makrom said:

Thanks again, and cheers!

Welcome! :)

R.U.D. safe!!! :sticktongue:

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Constantly backup your savegames, just in case. B9PS doesn't complain just because, it usually has a reason for doing that (as TS does, by the way). You may have a ticking bomb planted on your GameData waiting for the opportunity to blow up (been there, done that - pretty embarrassing, by the way… :blush:).

Welcome! :)

R.U.D. safe!!! :sticktongue:

Yes I have more backups than games...by the way I found the issue,  it´s related with Far Future technologies mod, and that was the last mod added to the list, after uninstall it, all the warnings disappear

cheers

ANNOUNCE

Release 2.4.6.17r2 is available for downloading, with the following changes:

• (Finally) Solves a long standing scaling problem related to Stock Buoyancy.
  • Solves the problem related to retrieving/storing Science from scaled Pods.
  • Makes some error messages easier to understand, as well fixes some pathnames to be useable on Windows. Thanks, @Hebarusan!
  • Updates KSPe.Light to 2.4.1.23
    • (Hopefully) Mitigates KSP being fired up with the wrong pwd - not that KSP will behave as expected, but at least I will not take the blame for it.
  • Closes Issues:
    • #268 Misbehaviour related to Taking Data from a Pod when it’s scaled.
    • #252 Scale the Buoyance so the scaled parts has a similar floating capabilities as the original.

201512524-e5a471f2-11b3-4863-b3fc-52617a

The Buoyancy fix was plain ridiculous, I'm somewhat embarrassed for not realising it before! :D I still think the buoyancy is a bit exaggerated, but this is stock behaviour and so it's not up to TweakScale to change that.

On the bright side, fixing the Science store/retrieve was equally simple - and with the buoyancy fix still bitting on the conscience, I didn't lost time on code and gone straight to look into the parts definitions. :)

I remember doing an overhaul on these Scale Exponents on the 1.7 times and later on 1.11, updating them to the new attributes. As we can see, I need to do it again on 1.12 (not to mention I probably missed some)! But this is a fight for another day.

Finally, KSPe (and KSPe.Light, the spinoff used on TS) was reworked to allow running KSP with the pwd set to the wrong place without borking. This will not fix KSP, it will still shove files on the current pwd and Kraken knows what ones. I think things are now less secure, as TweakScale is not prevent you from shooting your feet (both of them) anymore - but since there is a consensus to be followed on KSP, so be it. I'm considering a Warning on KSP-Recall about the issue.

Disclaimer

By last, but not the least...

Spoiler

No Module Manager was harmed during the development of TweakScale.

NOTE!

2.4.6.17 was shipped with a faulty KSPe.Light, affecting users of SteamDeck and Steam on Linux - as well MacOS power users that make heavy use of SymLinks.

Anyone that had downloaded it before 2022-11-14T12:00Zulu please download the new r2 again.

CurseForge was already updated with the r2 fix. SpaceDock was not affected (it was not updated yet!).

— — — — —

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  • CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Was not updated, as a bork was detected.

I did only supercificial tests on this release, and didn't checked all the fixes. Yet.

Edited by Lisias
Borked release. Please use 2.4.6.18 below.

@Lisias Hi,

You are a busy person!!!!   I'm installing TweakScale Everything v2.4.6.16 and get the fore mentioned Advisory message that it's compatibility is "Unknown".   Has there been any issues reported as of yet, can I ignore this Warning?  As you know of the issues I was facing and my attempt to restore... there are a lot of dependencies on TweakScale, even if it's not used.

Installing it caused the following errors to appear in my log:

Line   206: [ERR 12:36:05.294] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Scale.PartDB.19x
    Line   211: [ERR 12:36:05.329] Unable to use a named GUIStyle without a current skin. Most likely you need to move your GUIStyle initialization code to OnGUI
    Line   213: [ERR 12:36:05.330] Unable to use a named GUIStyle without a current skin. Most likely you need to move your GUIStyle initialization code to OnGUI

Line 12900: [ERR 12:36:24.327] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: TestFlightCore, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    Line 12902: [ERR 12:36:24.327] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: TestFlightCore, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Here is the log file for this point in my install.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CwooqGU_vTjbrS6XtJMTSFUYpPjGhOm5/view?usp=share_link

current mods installed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CSXYd_stk-oCfOUjK7EU3uJZpy3zJzoy/view?usp=share_link

14 hours ago, Xtra said:

You are a busy person!!!!   I'm installing TweakScale Everything v2.4.6.16 and get the fore mentioned Advisory message that it's compatibility is "Unknown".

To tell you the true, I'm more overwhelmed than "busy" these days. To the point that some times I just freeze for some hours without managing to get things done… :P 

2.4.6.17 is already on the wild, by the way, and I finally had some time to do some playing with it on 1.12.4 .  I'm updating SpaceDock this night (this also updates CKAN).

14 hours ago, Xtra said:

Line   206: [ERR 12:36:05.294] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Scale.PartDB.19x

This one is yet another bug on the Assembly Loader/Resolver. It can't tell someone asking if something is installed from someone really trying to load something - it just pollutes the KSP.log with this entry in both cases.

As a rule of thumb, if you find two entries like that in a row related to the same Assembly, it's alright - because the code is first probing for the presence of the mentioned Assembly (triggering one bogus ERR message like this one), and then loading the Assembly (triggering yet another one bogus error message).

If you find only one entry, but it's not followed by any Exceptions, it's also not a problem because some code had probed for the Assembly, didn't find it and then carried out its business without it.

This message is completely useless, anyway, because if you try to use something from an unloaded Assembly, you will get an MissingType or a Reflection Exception.

14 hours ago, Xtra said:

Line   211: [ERR 12:36:05.329] Unable to use a named GUIStyle without a current skin. Most likely you need to move your GUIStyle initialization code to OnGUI

These ones are really my fault, but they are also harmless. I made a mistake somewhere on the KSPe.UI subsystem where it's trying to access a GUIStyle outside the proper slot on the MonoBehaviour life cycle - but given the huge back log I still have to tackle down, I'm dragging my feet on this problem in favor of more pressuring issues.

I will fix this for sure. Eventually™. ;) 

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
Kinda of tyops.

Awesome, can't wait! Think the CKAN one must've been slightly bugged (it gave me one heck of a warning, something about broken game files... *shrug*) so I'm gonna give it a little bit of time to fix itself... Should've taken a screen cap of the warning it gave me but I didn't even think about it. For now, I'm just gonna play without it and pray that nothing breaks lol

Edited by KerballingSmasher

6 hours ago, revuwution said:

v2.4.6.17 (fresh CKAN installation) complains about a missing ``KSPe.dll`` (in the log file, anyway). I don't have a log because I just downgraded to .16 before I remembered to get the log.

I don't know if this is a CKAN packaging problem though.

Yeah, this came to my notice right now. This should not had happened, I'm checking where the problem is on my building stack - I must had screwed up some merge on the 2.4.6.17r2 release, because I had tested 2.4.6.17 (the first one) on a clean KSP 1.12.4 and it worked fine.

EDIT : Nope! I didn't messed up! I just downloaded the latest 2.4.6.17 (the r2 on CurseForge and GitHub), the file is identical to the one on GitHub, and I just tested it on my 1.12.4 test bed and everything worked fine!

[LOG 05:16:52.016] [KSPe.Light.TweakScale] Version 2.4.2.4 /L for TweakScale /L
[LOG 05:16:52.133] [TweakScale] Version 2.4.6.17 /L
[LOG 05:16:54.662] [KSPe.Binder] Hooked.
[ERR 05:16:54.666] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Scale.PartDB.19x

[LOG 05:16:54.668] [KSPe.Binder] Looking for Scale.PartDB.19x.dll on GameData/TweakScale/Plugins/PluginData/...
[LOG 05:16:54.668] [KSPe.Binder] Found it on GameData/TweakScale/Plugins/PluginData/Scale.PartDB.19x.dll.
[LOG 05:16:54.674] [TweakScale] Support for KSP 1.9.0 to 1.12.4 Version 2.4.6.17 /L

I need your full KSP.log in order to check this one.

Are you using Steam Launcher?

— — EDIT AGAIN — — 

The freaking problem is only happening on Windows!!!!!!

Working on it

— — YET ANOTHER EDIT — — 

I was wrong. My MacOS testbed was contaminated. Once I cleaned it up properly, the problem was reproduced "allright" on MacOS too.

Oukey. Time to fix some change logs before publishing the 2.4.6.18 release.

Edited by Lisias
EDIT AGAIN

36 minutes ago, winterblast4 said:

I just saw this after encountering the KSPe.dll missing thing and I'm happy to report the fix works for me!

Thanks for the hasty troubleshooting :)

Thanks for letting me know.

It's still a bork on my side, KSPe is not needed on TweakScale because it uses the Light version.

As soon as I fix the CHANGE_LOG removing what is now knonw as a wrong statement, the new 2.4.6.18 release (that is being tested in Windows and MacOS right now, after properly cleaning up the test beds) will be published.

I watched Artemis one launch and developed an itch to play again. Loaded Ckan and yummy, a tweakscale update. Then loaded Kerbal and saw the same message as posted above. You er still here banging problems out and helping others. Respect to you!

ANNOUNCE

Release 2.4.6.18 is available for downloading, with the following changes:

• A merge error was detected, affecting the KSP dependencies checks, and fixed.

201512524-e5a471f2-11b3-4863-b3fc-52617a

Disclaimer

By last, but not the least...

Spoiler

No Module Manager was harmed during the development of TweakScale.

— — — — —

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  • CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Right.

Since it was a last minute bug fix release, all the Distributions Channels were updated at once .

Update: took an un*godly* amount of finagling and manual mod rejiggering, but it works now. Oi. That was so much work lmao

Still not entirely sure what I did to fix it, but it works now, and I'm too afraid to touch anything else for fear of breaking my save files. Which might be broken anyway but eh XD

Edited by KerballingSmasher

1 hour ago, KerballingSmasher said:

Update: took an un*godly* amount of finagling and manual mod rejiggering, but it works now. Oi. That was so much work lmao

Still not entirely sure what I did to fix it, but it works now, and I'm too afraid to touch anything else for fear of breaking my save files. Which might be broken anyway but eh XD

Backups, my friend. I also learnt the hard way! :)

(I have backups of my backups - and everything is also copied into an older machine of mine, just in case! :P ).

@LisiasThank you for all your hard work, it amazes me how much technical knowledge modders have and how much time they spend helping people.

Sorry if you have already explained this, I looked through the thread and couldn't see it anywhere

CKAN won't let me install Tweakscale 1.12.4 because it depends on Recall which is in 1.12.3 will you be updating Recall on CKAN?

52 minutes ago, SantoAntonio said:

@LisiasThank you for all your hard work, it amazes me how much technical knowledge modders have and how much time they spend helping people.

To tell you the true, it amazes me as well!!! :sticktongue:

52 minutes ago, SantoAntonio said:

CKAN won't let me install Tweakscale 1.12.4 because it depends on Recall which is in 1.12.3 will you be updating Recall on CKAN?

This is kinda my fault, my apologies. I just had time to update KSP-Recall today:blush:

I'm finishing some tests right now, I think I will update it tomorrow morning at worst (assuming, of course, I don't find any stupid mistake in the mean time).

Until there, other than the fix on the buoyancy and on the retrieving/storing science on scaled Pods, you are not loosing anything (except by that pesky message about TS not being certified to work on 1.12.4 yet - something you wanna loose for sure!!).

KSP-Recall itself is only a minor release, checking for the pwd problem that recently happened around here, so you are not missing anything important neither.

Cheers!

I am really sorry If it is just because of me but my KSP is refusing to work and I have just done a clean install of 1.12.3 with tweakscale and all the dependencies I could find but it stated that DB.19x dll was missing and I have tried everything to fix it but no matter what it won't go away.

Sorry for the effective plea for help 

11 minutes ago, Pucktiger said:

I am really sorry If it is just because of me but my KSP is refusing to work and I have just done a clean install of 1.12.3 with tweakscale and all the dependencies I could find but it stated that DB.19x dll was missing and I have tried everything to fix it but no matter what it won't go away.

Sorry for the effective plea for help 

Did you tried to get rid of the PD-Launcher by using thread? If yes, this is the problem. Undo whatever you did, and install KSSL over PD-Launcher. This will solve the problem for good.

If you didn't, are you using the latest TweakScale, 2.4.6.18? I had brain farted on the previous one on handling a dependency and the result was exactly what you described unless you satisfy that (spurious) dependency. I fixed it on 2.4.6.18.

If you are using 2.4.6.18 and are not applying the workaround I linked above, then you really have something on your rig. Please publish your KSP.log on dropbox or similar service and place the link here, so I can inspect it and check what's happening. Please don't try to paste the KSP.log on Forum, it will overload it (and Forum will truncate it anyway, rendering it useless for me).

Cheers.

4 hours ago, EndAllFilms said:

<image>

I need your FULL KSP.log, otherwise I can't help.

The message is telling you that something is wrong, but the KSP.log is where I will find why it's wrong.

Publish your KSP.log on dropbox or something, and post the link here.

— — POST EDIT — — 

Had you tried to get rid of the PD-Launcher?

Edited by Lisias
POST EDIT

6 hours ago, Lisias said:

I need your FULL KSP.log, otherwise I can't help.

The message is telling you that something is wrong, but the KSP.log is where I will find why it's wrong.

Publish your KSP.log on dropbox or something, and post the link here.

— — POST EDIT — — 

Had you tried to get rid of the PD-Launcher?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84e1wsilr2mdtr5/KSP.log?dl=0

7 hours ago, EndAllFilms said:

Well, you were bitten by that nasty KSP's Assembly Loader/Editor!

[ERR 23:13:03.749] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Assembly-CSharp-Editor': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' wa
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEditor, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'UnityEditor, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

[ERR 23:13:03.804] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Unity.CollabProxy.Editor': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException'
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0

Not being weird enough the Unity Editor being loaded on your KSP, I also found this:

[ERR 23:13:03.810] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: netstandard, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51

[ERR 23:13:03.815] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Unity.TextMeshPro': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thr
own.

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. assembly:netstandard, Vers
ion=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51 type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

What's the last nail on this coffin.

KSP (and TweakScale) supports up to .net 4.6 (and things compiled on 3.5 also works fine), there's no support for netstandard on KSP, and so there's no support from TweakScale on it neither. I will probably work, but I can't support this environment.

I don't have the slightest idea about what you had installed that is using NetStandard, but whatever it is, you need to find it and call the maintainer for help. I don't compile my add'ons with NetStandard, I don't have the slightest idea about what's happening on your rig.

Keep in mind that TweakScale is not the one causing problems. It's the one telling you about the problems. You can remove TweakScale from your rig to get rid of the message, but not of the problem, it will linger on your rig causing problems silently on your game - it's up to you do decide what to do.

Good Luck!