[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

3 hours ago, steve_v said:

Ads? I didn't see no ads... Wait, there are people who still surf without an adblocker?

True, though there you get the whole sign up with a "real" name to upload thing, and sign-in/sign-up nags and click-throughs on download. MediaFire with an adblocker is actually fewer clicks and less javascript than Dropbox...

Personally I got fed up with all of the above some time ago, I host my own files on my own hardware now.

Fair critique.

Gist is another option.

Hey, so when I launch KSP i get the Houston we have a problem message. Below are the required things.

KSP version: 1.10.1.2939

TweakScale version: 2.4.3.21

Detail: 1 showstopper problem, sometimes i get a game crash, for example when loading a vessel on the launch pad or launching a save

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1URa2cXxY7SjIZXr7CMeiCNJKF26nimbM/view?usp=sharing

(errors start at line 33164)

Edited by GHOSTBUT
forgot to mention the crashes

1 hour ago, GHOSTBUT said:

Hey, so when I launch KSP i get the Houston we have a problem message. Below are the required things.

KSP version: 1.10.1.2939

TweakScale version: 2.4.3.21

Detail: 1 showstopper problem

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1URa2cXxY7SjIZXr7CMeiCNJKF26nimbM/view?usp=sharing

(errors start at line 33164)

Your problem is most likely going to exist here:

[LOG 17:06:31.812] Config(@PART[bdWarheadSmall]) BDArmory/MMPatches/BDArmory_TweakScale /@PART[bdWarheadSmall]
[LOG 17:06:31.813] Config(@PART[bdWarheadSmall]) BDArmory/MMPatches/BDA_TweakScale/@PART[bdWarheadSmall]

These appear (just going off the naming) to be duplicate patches

[LOG 17:41:07.529] Applying update BDArmory/MMPatches/BDArmory_TweakScale /@PART[bdWarheadSmall] to BDArmory/Parts/smallWarhead/part.cfg/PART[bdWarheadSmall]
[LOG 17:41:07.559] Applying update BDArmory/MMPatches/BDA_TweakScale/@PART[bdWarheadSmall] to BDArmory/Parts/smallWarhead/part.cfg/PART[bdWarheadSmall]

I don't play with BDA, but I'll bet dollars to donuts if you open them both up you'll find they both contain the exact same patching applied to bdWarheadSmall.  (Hell, they might even be duplicates.)

43 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

Your problem is most likely going to exist here:

[LOG 17:06:31.812] Config(@PART[bdWarheadSmall]) BDArmory/MMPatches/BDArmory_TweakScale /@PART[bdWarheadSmall]
[LOG 17:06:31.813] Config(@PART[bdWarheadSmall]) BDArmory/MMPatches/BDA_TweakScale/@PART[bdWarheadSmall]

These appear (just going off the naming) to be duplicate patches

[LOG 17:41:07.529] Applying update BDArmory/MMPatches/BDArmory_TweakScale /@PART[bdWarheadSmall] to BDArmory/Parts/smallWarhead/part.cfg/PART[bdWarheadSmall]
[LOG 17:41:07.559] Applying update BDArmory/MMPatches/BDA_TweakScale/@PART[bdWarheadSmall] to BDArmory/Parts/smallWarhead/part.cfg/PART[bdWarheadSmall]

I don't play with BDA, but I'll bet dollars to donuts if you open them both up you'll find they both contain the exact same patching applied to bdWarheadSmall.  (Hell, they might even be duplicates.)

You're partially right. When i opened both the same lines showed up, however i don't know what to do with them. Also i'm scared i screw something up.

@PART[bdWarheadSmall]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}

(these lines showed up)

Edited by GHOSTBUT
the addition of one sentence

3 hours ago, GHOSTBUT said:

You're partially right. When i opened both the same lines showed up, however i don't know what to do with them. Also i'm scared i screw something up.

@PART[bdWarheadSmall]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}

(these lines showed up)

When in doubt, copy/back up files to a different spot on your computer. That said, you can delete that duplicate from one file or the other, just not both.

As long as you back up, you are golden (most of the time because the kracken could seek vengeance)

10 hours ago, GHOSTBUT said:

@PART[bdWarheadSmall]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}

(these lines showed up)

Delete GameData/BDArmory/MMPatches/BDArmory_TweakScale.cfg.  I just checked the github repository for BDArmory and this file is not there. I also downloaded the latest release (at this time), and this file is not there neither.

I think you updated BDArmory by unzipping the new release over the old without cleaning up, and so you ended up with an oldie lingering on the rig and playing havoc with the installment.

Cheers!

-- POST EDIT --

This issue ringed a bell on my head, and I did a search on this thread about BDArmory_TweakScale. And "we have a Bingo!" :P , I already had solved this one June this year.

Note to myself: "Use the Search, Luke!" . ;)

(but at that time it didn't occurred to me the reason of the problem, so this post ended up being a more complete answer, providing the fix but also how to prevent it from happening again, i.e., cleaning up old files before updating).

Edited by Lisias
post edit - and some tyops!

Announce

TweakScale 2.5.0.22 Beta is now available for the brave Kerbonauts that don't fear burning savegames in sacrifice to the Krakens. :sticktongue:

This is a maintenance release, fixing some annoying bugs introduced on the .21 while refactoring things to allow the missing features to be implemented on a sane way (less Code Warrior, more Engineering).

Please note that TS Beta is to be used on disposable savegames only. I'm using this stunt on my own savegames, obviously, but now and then a bug passes through - but I know how to edit and fix my own savegames, and I'm a S.A.V.E. heavy user! :)

Any reports about it (being a bug or not) should be posted on issue #42 (or I will get lost - again - on the sea of bug reports!).

Edited by Lisias
Missing link.

On 9/9/2020 at 2:37 AM, Lisias said:

Delete GameData/BDArmory/MMPatches/BDArmory_TweakScale.cfg.  I just checked the github repository for BDArmory and this file is not there. I also downloaded the latest release (at this time), and this file is not there neither.

I think you updated BDArmory by unzipping the new release over the old without cleaning up, and so you ended up with an oldie lingering on the rig and playing havoc with the installment.

Cheers!

-- POST EDIT --

This issue ringed a bell on my head, and I did a search on this thread about BDArmory_TweakScale. And "we have a Bingo!" :P , I already had solved this one June this year.

Note to myself: "Use the Search, Luke!" . ;)

(but at that time it didn't occurred to me the reason of the problem, so this post ended up being a more complete answer, providing the fix but also how to prevent it from happening again, i.e., cleaning up old files before updating).

Thanks for the help. I noticed it only now, cuz I didn't have time before. Cheers!

Need help, fatal error, showstopper error 34.

Just happened out of nowhere. As soon as I got it I stopped playing the game and made a backup of my game.

Here is a google drive link to my log file (its super long)

Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MogEBCZLvsvudIAb2AziAhvanNcapTHU/view?usp=sharing.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

1 hour ago, Bendy Snowball said:

Got it.

[LOG 21:57:15.715] [TweakScale] INFO: WriteDryCost Concluded : 1647 parts found ; 0 checks failed ; 0 parts with hotfixes ; 0 parts with issues overruled ; 3 Show Stoppers found; 0 Sanity Check failed; 739 unscalable parts.
[LOG 21:57:15.585] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part KIS.Container1 (SC-62 Portable Container) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 21:57:15.585] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part KIS.Container2 (ILC-18k Container) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 21:57:15.585] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part KIS.Container3 (ISC-6K Container) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

The three KIS Containers... Humm... Sounds familiar.

[LOG 18:36:32.328] Applying update TweakScale/Deprecating/patches/KIS_TweakScale/@PART[KIS_Container1] to KIS/Parts/container1/part.cfg/PART[KIS_Container1]
[LOG 18:36:33.153] Applying update TweakScale/patches/KIS_TweakScale/@PART[KIS_Container1] to KIS/Parts/container1/part.cfg/PART[KIS_Container1]

Yep. You forgot to clean up the old files before installing the new release. Delete TweakScale/patches/KIS_TweakScale.cfg and everything will be ok.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Bendy Snowball said:

Just happened out of nowhere. As soon as I got it I stopped playing the game and made a backup of my game.

Here is a google drive link to my log file (its super long)

Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MogEBCZLvsvudIAb2AziAhvanNcapTHU/view?usp=sharing.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

<idk>

damnit lisias,i didn't saw your post!

Edited by Kane Kerman
ninja'd

Moved from another thread.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:16 AM, Nicky21 said:

I'm getting some errors (no crash, just log spam) regarding the survace curved radiators in ksp 1.9.1 . I used tweakscale on them.

log:

https://easyupload.io/iqc1ut

Nertea is right. This has nothing to do about his Add'On. "Unfortunately" this has nothing to do with TweakScale neither (unfortunately because if this would be something on TweakScale, you can bet your SAS I would be working to fix it for you!).

Apparently,  you have a dependency problem on your instalment. Something on your game is constantly crying about:

[ERR 05:11:56.950] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'GroundConstruction': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0

What hint's me you need to install Ground Construction. However, you have GroundConstruction installed:

[LOG 05:11:56.535] Load(Assembly): GroundConstruction/Plugins/GC.UI
[LOG 05:11:56.535] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\Games\Kerbal Space Program 1.9.1\GameData\GroundConstruction\Plugins\GC.UI.dll
[LOG 05:11:56.537] Load(Assembly): GroundConstruction/Plugins/GroundConstruction
[LOG 05:11:56.537] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\Games\Kerbal Space Program 1.9.1\GameData\GroundConstruction\Plugins\GroundConstruction.dll
[LOG 05:11:56.541] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'GroundConstruction' V2.6.0

So, what's happening is that you have broken dependencies for the Ground Construction for sure. And Bingo:

[ERR 05:11:56.950] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'GroundConstruction': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000068 (from typeref, class/assembly AT_Utils.ConstructionSkill, 000_AT_Utils, Version=1.9.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)

GroundConstruction is crying because it can't load something from AT-Utils 1.9.6.0. But you have an older version installed:

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0 / v2.4.3.21
ModuleManager v4.1.4.0
000_AT_Utils v1.9.3.0  <-- HERE!!

Install AT Utils 1.9.6 and you should be fine.

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
Cofee finally kicked in and I remembered to be courteous. :)

1 hour ago, TranceaddicT said:

LoL, you do sooo much general debugging you should open another thread for it then parse out the problems to the correct mods :sticktongue: then you can completely forget about any sleep. :D

I had thought on that, but most of the time people think it's something on TweakScale (and in the past, TweakScale was really commonly involved - usually as a screaming victim). So when someone thinks TweakScale is involved, i end solving the case here and make things easier to find.

Think on it as a motto : TweakScale supports its users. A TweakScale user has a problem? TweakScale does its best to solve it, no questions asked.

TweakScale depends of a healhy KSP installment to work, so in the end it's a preventive measure - it's best to get these bugs tackled down earlier than wait them to happen when TweakScale tries to scale something that have them.

Edited by Lisias
Fixing some 'intersting' english grammars. :P

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

Moved from another thread.

Nertea is right. This has nothing to do about his Add'On. "Unfortunately" this has nothing to do with TweakScale neither (unfortunately because if this would be something on TweakScale, you can bet your SAS I would be working to fix it for you!).

Apparently,  you have a dependency problem on your instalment. Something on your game is constantly crying about:

[ERR 05:11:56.950] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'GroundConstruction': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown

What hint's me you need to install Ground Construction. However, you have GroundConstruction installed:

[LOG 05:11:56.535] Load(Assembly): GroundConstruction/Plugins/GC.UI
[LOG 05:11:56.535] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\Games\Kerbal Space Program 1.9.1\GameData\GroundConstruction\Plugins\GC.UI.dll
[LOG 05:11:56.537] Load(Assembly): GroundConstruction/Plugins/GroundConstruction
[LOG 05:11:56.537] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at F:\Games\Kerbal Space Program 1.9.1\GameData\GroundConstruction\Plugins\GroundConstruction.dll
[LOG 05:11:56.541] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'GroundConstruction' V2.6.0

So, what's happening is that you have broken dependencies for the Ground Construction for sure. And Bingo:

[ERR 05:11:56.950] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'GroundConstruction': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000068 (from typeref, class/assembly AT_Utils.ConstructionSkill, 000_AT_Utils, Version=1.9.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)

GroundConstruction is crying because it can't load something from AT-Utils 1.9.6.0. But you have an older version installed:

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0 / v2.4.3.21
ModuleManager v4.1.4.0
000_AT_Utils v1.9.3.0  <-- HERE!!

Install AT Utils 1.9.6 and you should be fine.

Cheers!

Thank you for that analisys! The thing with at utils is that I purposely instaled an older version as it was the only one it would allow ksp to load. I think i'll leave it like this until every mod is updated for 1.10 and move to 1.10 myself.

39 minutes ago, Nicky21 said:

Thank you for that analisys! The thing with at utils is that I purposely instaled an older version as it was the only one it would allow ksp to load. I think i'll leave it like this until every mod is updated for 1.10 and move to 1.10 myself.

You can, so, install a previous version of GroundConstruction. Let me check a thing....

Yep, there's a GroundConstruction release on the same day AT Utils 1.9.3 was released.

Completely remove the current GroundConstruction and install this one.

21 minutes ago, Lisias said:

You can, so, install a previous version of GroundConstruction. Let me check a thing....

Yep, there's a GroundConstruction release on the same day AT Utils 1.9.3 was released.

Completely remove the current GroundConstruction and install this one.

Ground construction is part fo the USI suite. God knows what will happen next.... I think i'll back up my save before i try this :))))

Thanks !

41 minutes ago, Nicky21 said:

Ground construction is part fo the USI suite. God knows what will happen next.... I think i'll back up my save before i try this :))))

Thanks !

Part of allista's mods (Hangar, GC, Configurable Containers, etc.) actually. USI is RoverDude.

2 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

Have you tried v1.9.4?  Reports are that x.5 & x.6 are flawed.  x.4 is the last 1.9.x version; so, it seems as tho he flubbed something in the move to support KSPv1.10.

9 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

Have you tried v1.9.4?  Reports are that x.5 & x.6 are flawed.  x.4 is the last 1.9.x version; so, it seems as tho he flubbed something in the move to support KSPv1.10.

Problem is that I don't know what else on his installment needs AT-Utils. Allista's add'ons are highly coupled to a specific AT-Utils version, so the safest approach is to always match the add'ons by the AT-Utils they run. It's the reason I gone for a Ground Construction release from the same day as the 1.9.3 AT Utils release date, as it's the best indicative that such release would be compatible to the said AT-Utils (that could be in use by something else).

So I choose the conservative approach: let's fix exactly what's broken first. If by any reason the user decides that the current Ground Construction needs to be replaced, then we could help him on sorting the mess of choosing a new AT-Utils and hunting down Add'Ons that would work with this new one.

1 hour ago, Nicky21 said:

I downgraded Ground Construction to the sugested version and everythign seems to work just fine. Actually everythign worked fine before, it was just quite spammy in my log file. 

Something was not being completed for sure. Sometimes it's just an informational entry on the log, but sometimes it can be something like calculating the cost of a part, and then your carreer is spoiled. KSP is a very complex piece of software, it's hard to predict if something is borking a sequence of events that will bite our SAS later.

1 hour ago, Nicky21 said:

This entire sharade started from a radiator spewing out an error.

Welcome to the modding scene. :)